Automotive Locksmithing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Robb6 in Schaumburg, Illinois

83 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to get into this line of business, any schools or mail order courses that I can take and also how to get into programing vehicle remote door openers. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TheKeyGuy in Honolulu, Hawaii

66 months ago

If you can wait, I would go to the ALOA convention in August (in Las Vegas). They will have courses on just about everything offered there, and you will get to meet many other people in the industry.

They have lots of information on their website: www.aloa.org/convention/index.html

Plus, if you take a course from them, it is certified and recognized industry-wide. It's worth checking out.

The Key Guy
www.keyguyhi.com

jimmy in New York, New York

40 months ago

I have been a locksmith for 20 years.You can take a mail order class to start out foley belsaw is probobly the cheapest one.After that it takes years of being on the road of tryal and error.After 20 years i am still learning.If you live in New York or Jersey you will have to be licensed.Get ready to get up in the middle of the night for some bafoon who is locked out.My honest opinion there are a lot of better trades to go into. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John John Delan in Ramat Gan, Israel

40 months ago

Ohhh!!! Good QUESTION!!! I need this inf. too!

My favorite website - locksmiths-lockout.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.