I was a self employed locksmith in Louisiana for about 5 years and later worked as a locksmith for a major hotel for 6 years. However, I have been out of the industry for about 16 years and have not kept up with it very well. I am now thinking of restarting a locksmith business of my own. I am sure a lot has changed over the past 16 years and would appreciate any advice or suggestions.
A couple of questions that come to mind are:
1. In know this is more of a local question, but in general, is there a lot of competition?
2. In general, how is the market for Locksmith services? Can you still make an adequate living in this business?
3. Are there any recommended service pricing guides? Again, I have not estimated a locksmith job in over 16 years.
4. What credentials do you need these days to purchase tools and supplies?
5. Any newer technology training recommendations?
I am sure there are many things I have overlooked, so feel free to reply with any information that you think may help. Thanks in advance for any advice.