Mini Key systems Inc. ( folding keyset) blast from past!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

AustinTatious in North Richland Hills, Texas

82 months ago

Hey everyone. About ten years ago a friend of mine got all his keys made to fit inside a small pouch. They folded out sort of like a swiss army knife and the little pouch had a snap to close it. It was really cool. I went to a locksmith and it jsut so happened they had the machine to cut the keys but they didn't have the little pouches or anything. On the machine it said "Mini Key Systems Inc."

I cant find any trace of them online, Does anyone have a lead on them ? Is there any other Similar product available now ?

Ive made my own pouch But its just not as refined as theirs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Atkinson in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

I also have been looking for these great little key sets. I had one years ago and still have it actuallybut it is worn out now. On the inside of the key cover it says Mini Key Systems Inc. Phoenix, Arizona. I have been searching the internet for months and have yet to find anything on them other than this post. I would be very interested to know if anything like this exists and where I could find it. By the way who had the machine to cut the keys?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Austintatious in North Richland Hills, Texas

80 months ago

It was a locksmith off Hwy 26 in Colliville Tx. Its very simple how the keys are cut, one could probably do it them self with a vice and a dremel tool.

I'm starting to wonder if I could make any money buying that machine and start making these things... People who see it are always fascinated!

The keys are the easy part, Its making the pouch that is tricky... Mine lasted since the day after I made that first post, but now the stitching tore out of the leather... I have an Idea for a better one though.

Please anyone who has a lead on these pouches, please let us know!!!

Richard Kleckner in Azusa, California

74 months ago

Michael Atkinson in Houston, Texas said: I also have been looking for these great little key sets. I had one years ago and still have it actuallybut it is worn out now. On the inside of the key cover it says Mini Key Systems Inc. Phoenix, Arizona. I have been searching the internet for months and have yet to find anything on them other than this post. I would be very interested to know if anything like this exists and where I could find it. By the way who had the machine to cut the keys?

red ball hardware in stanton, california still has the machine but no pouches or parts.I stilll have mine cut there.

Richard Kleckner in Azusa, California

74 months ago

red ball hardware in stanton, california still has the machine but no pouches or parts.I stilll have mine cut there.

Locksmith Phoenix Arizona in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

I've seen those too but don't know where it's from. It's a come-on to clients so I really want to know where I could get it.

Howard in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Michael Atkinson in Houston, Texas said: I also have been looking for these great little key sets. I had one years ago and still have it actuallybut it is worn out now. On the inside of the key cover it says Mini Key Systems Inc. Phoenix, Arizona. I have been searching the internet for months and have yet to find anything on them other than this post. I would be very interested to know if anything like this exists and where I could find it. By the way who had the machine to cut the keys?

Red Ball Hardware in Stanton, Ca, told me over two years ago that Mini Key Systems went out of business and this key pouch is no longer available. I got the last pouch about that time from them. I believe they do still have the machine, but that's the easy part. Getting the pouches or being able to make them is the hard part. If Austintatious in Texas is willing to make some, I would buy some from him.

69 months ago

Its a locksmith on Hwy 26 in Texas www.michaelskeys.com/

They have the machine which basically only slices off the edges of the part of the key you hold on to.

I made my own little case but it doesn't work so well.

Howard

69 months ago

Austintatious in North Richland Hills, Texas said: Its a locksmith on Hwy 26 in Texas www.michaelskeys.com/

They have the machine which basically only slices off the edges of the part of the key you hold on to.

I made my own little case but it doesn't work so well.

Can you make these pouches and what do you mean when you say, "it doesn't work so well"? Do you have a suggestion for making these pouches and if so, is it feasible for us (or you) to do it? Is it Michael's keys who would do it?

69 months ago

I may make some, I dug out some stuff today...

I didn't have much luck on my first one... I'll try some more with some support for the leather and if I can make something Id be willing to sell Ill post here on this board.

Howard

69 months ago

I'll wait to hear from you.

Kenp48 in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

Austintatious in North Richland Hills, Texas said: I may make some, I dug out some stuff today...

I didn't have much luck on my first one... I'll try some more with some support for the leather and if I can make something Id be willing to sell Ill post here on this board.

I too have used the mini key system for a number of years. I had a nine key system and a seven key system. My nine key system wore out a long time ago. My wife recently was retiring some old purses and discovered a seven key pouch in one of those purses. It had hardly any wear. I felt I had found a hidden treasure. I am using it now. I had to figure out how to down size the number of keys I carry on me. If ever anyone could start making these things again I believe there would be a market for them. So Austintatious go for it. I would be a buyer.

Mike in Mesa, Arizona

61 months ago

Kenp48 in Houston, Texas said: I too have used the mini key system for a number of years. I had a nine key system and a seven key system. My nine key system wore out a long time ago. My wife recently was retiring some old purses and discovered a seven key pouch in one of those purses. It had hardly any wear. I felt I had found a hidden treasure. I am using it now. I had to figure out how to down size the number of keys I carry on me. If ever anyone could start making these things again I believe there would be a market for them. So Austintatious go for it. I would be a buyer.

Do you still have your worn out nine key unit or other for parts? I am in need of parts if you still have either and want to sell. Or if others who may read this have parts I would be interested. Let me know.

joeyfsplace@yahoo.com in Scottsdale, Arizona

60 months ago

Does anyone know where I could buy a Mini Key machine? ....I would pay a finders fee....

Howard2 in Cypress, California

60 months ago

joeyfsplace@yahoo.com in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Does anyone know where I could buy a Mini Key machine? ....I would pay a finders fee....

Everyone wants these. Someone with a machine shop could have a nice side business.
Howard

Fisher in Plano, Texas

55 months ago

Mike in Mesa, Arizona said: What is the condition of the machines? Can you send some photos?
Do you have any supplies for making the mini-key units? If not, do you know where I can get them?

Good condition. I do not have any supplies, just the machines. Email me at dallasreo@yahoo.com and I will email you back some pictures.

Doc in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

I have 3 - 5key, 1 - 7key, & 1 - 9key for the past 5 years, but they are wearing out. I also can not find anyplace online that sells the mini key systems inc key holder. This is (was) a great product! I don't understand why anyone with more than 4 keys would not want to own one of these. Any info on where i can purchase more mini key holders, or similar product - please let me know - doc_@earthlink.net. Thanks

joeyfsplace in Scottsdale, Arizona

49 months ago

Doc,

I have a mini key machine and i am trying to either remake the ones you have, or make a completely new holder. Can you send a picture of the mechanics or of the actual holder?

askhow in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

If you can remake the mini key system, I'll buy some.
Howard
askhow4@juno.com

lockateer in San Juan Capistrano, California

47 months ago

joeyfsplace in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Doc,

I have a mini key machine and i am trying to either remake the ones you have, or make a completely new holder. Can you send a picture of the mechanics or of the actual holder?

I also have a machine but like you i am running out of holders i am a locksmith for a school district in south orange county. My bosses think they are the best thing next to sliced bread. I still have holders but will run out in the next couple of years. I have been looking for years also called the guy that made them in Arizona but he has died since. And the family did not want to persue the product so here we are in he same boat.If you find some let me know also and i will do the same thing thanks lockateer@aol.com

Keyport in Boston, Massachusetts

45 months ago

AustinTatious in North Richland Hills, Texas said: Hey everyone. About ten years ago a friend of mine got all his keys made to fit inside a small pouch. They folded out sort of like a swiss army knife and the little pouch had a snap to close it. It was really cool. I went to a locksmith and it jsut so happened they had the machine to cut the keys but they didn't have the little pouches or anything. On the machine it said "Mini Key Systems Inc."

I cant find any trace of them online, Does anyone have a lead on them ? Is there any other Similar product available now ?

In the interest of full disclosure (I also posted this at the bottom of the conversation), I am a member of the Keyport team, but you all ought to check out the Keyport (mykeyport.com). It sounds similar to what you all are describing with a number of additional features and benefits including USB flash drive, LED, and bottle opener options. Take a look at the video here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dIxJtkjKDc&feature=channel_video_title
Please feel free to email me any questions.

Best regards,

Erik

Keyport in Boston, Massachusetts

45 months ago

AustinTatious in North Richland Hills, Texas said: Hey everyone. About ten years ago a friend of mine got all his keys made to fit inside a small pouch. They folded out sort of like a swiss army knife and the little pouch had a snap to close it. It was really cool. I went to a locksmith and it jsut so happened they had the machine to cut the keys but they didn't have the little pouches or anything. On the machine it said "Mini Key Systems Inc."

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of the Keyport team, but you all ought to check out the Keyport (mykeyport.com). It sounds similar to what you all are describing with a number of additional features and benefits including USB flash drive, LED, and bottle opener options. Take a look at the video here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dIxJtkjKDc&feature=channel_video_title
Please feel free to email me any questions.

Best regards,

Erik

Tony Melvin in Snoqualmie, Washington

41 months ago

What is a holder if may ask?

Erik in Boston, Massachusetts

41 months ago

Tony Melvin in Snoqualmie, Washington said: What is a holder if may ask?

I believe that the holder is the handle part that "holds" the keys. Take a look at mykeyport.com, and you will get a better understanding with the various photos.

micwhr in Croatia

29 months ago

lockateer in San Juan Capistrano, California said: I also have a machine but like you i am running out of holders i am a locksmith for a school district in south orange county. My bosses think they are the best thing next to sliced bread. I still have holders but will run out in the next couple of years. I have been looking for years also called the guy that made them in Arizona but he has died since. And the family did not want to persue the product so here we are in he same boat.If you find some let me know also and i will do the same thing thanks lockateer@aol.com

I need 5key mini key systems holder.
Can you send it to Croatia?
Thanks a lot, Regards.

TheKeyport in Las Vegas, Nevada

29 months ago

micwhr in Croatia said: I need 5key mini key systems holder.
Can you send it to Croatia?
Thanks a lot, Regards.

Hi there, Micwhr! My name is Michelle and I am with Keyport. Thank you for your interest! I am happy to say that we absolutely ship internationally. Here is a link to our International page: store.mykeyport.com/international-start You may also wish to check out our FAQs here: mykeyport.com/support.html I hope this information is helpful, Micwhr. Have a great day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.