What do you enjoy most about your locksmith career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a locksmith? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

jason in Oaklyn, New Jersey

94 months ago

I love locksmithing..there are just so many different things to do..locks them self are just cool.I also do the low voltage part of it too.so i really have a lot of things going on in a day.but the thing i dislike the most would be the F@#$ing oncall..getting up in the middle of the night to open a safe or some other thing really stinks.Is it challenging?yes..and as far as your other questions yeah you can never stop learning new stuff.and thats why i stay at my job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

EJ in Hollywood, Florida

68 months ago

How is the aproximate income range if you are an owner operator?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stuart hoban in richmond, Virginia

54 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a locksmith? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

ive been in the industry for about a year. it is challenging. there is some thing new all the time. ive been mainly focused on automotive. there is always an opportunity for advancement. but advancement is in what you know and finding better solutions to existing problems. this year i will be doing more comercial and residential work. if there is any time i hope to get certified in electronic entry. and i would like to learn safe work. the money is good if you work hard and like people (which is the hardest thing about locksmithing). this is a career, not a job. every thing about locksmithing keeps me at it. its a pain to wake up in the middle of the night and going into bad neighborhoods. but i find the grind of an office job to be an inquisition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.