Getting a loss prevention agent job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

How did you get your start doing loss prevention agent work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

clyde taylor in New York, New York

85 months ago

I STARTDE LOSS PREVENTION AT HOME DEPOT.I THINK YOU NEED A PARTICULAR EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Star Davis in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

i always have been interested in store security. can i take a course to be trained for that????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

angelo rivera in East Meadow, New York

79 months ago

the only education you need is a highschool diploma and a clean record pay 169 to a loss prevention company take the test and get your certificates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gemini in Baltimore, Maryland

72 months ago

You need college degree in Criminal Justice, then look for stores that are looking for entry level into LP. You also can work for security company, companys look for degree and security experience. I had 10 yrs security and BA in Criminal Justice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pimpdaddymaster in Toledo, Ohio

68 months ago

gemini in Baltimore, Maryland said: You need college degree in Criminal Justice, then look for stores that are looking for entry level into LP. You also can work for security company, companys look for degree and security experience. I had 10 yrs security and BA in Criminal Justice.

You don't need experience or education. I started when i was 18 doing lp and have been doing it for almost 5 years. ha to all ya suckas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

asdf in Fargo, North Dakota

67 months ago

Exactly you can do it half the time when you are 16!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FreeWanderer in Bothell, Washington

64 months ago

You don't need a college degree to do agent work, although it is helpful if you plan on moving up to LP manager, or special investigator. I work in a major mall department store, and all I did was apply for the position and interview when it became available. They train you on what to look for when watching for shoplifters, and how to spot internal fraud. The work is interesting and fun, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new career or new start. With the way the economy is right now, shoplifting and fraud is way up, and you can be quite sucessful. The only thing is that for LP, companies do an extensive background check, and you have to be a completely honest and trustworthy person to do well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

acal1971 in Phoenix, Arizona

51 months ago

Is there any advantage in going in person to apply for a job (and take resume) to the Human Resources Department of a major retailer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

matt in Fort White, Florida

45 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing loss prevention agent work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

i just have an high school educational will that be enough

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.