Macy's LP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Johnny Lard

75 months ago

Amen to that! Horrible job now. Go elsewhere unless you enjoy being treated like garbage. Dead accurate description.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Habs in Cincinnati, Ohio

74 months ago

This is so true. I was with Macy's/Kaufmann's for a few years and quite frankly I had to bolt. Luckily I landed south here in Cincy with a law enforcement job, but I'd still like to do LP somewhere part time. The Macy's people are terrible. To be an LP executive you have to have a degree in lying, and they treat you terribly. Don't expect them to ever have your back either. I was a top producer but once I went against "Queen 9er" it was all downhill and I was blackballed. Very mature people I'll tell you. Plus they totally changed their LP outlook. They went from being totally proactive to reactive. But they still wanted us to produce the same numbers despite completely changing policy. After spending most of my week on the sales floor while thousands of dollars in surveillance equipment sat there-I put in my notice. It defies sanity. If you are considering Macy's, don't unless they are going back to the old ways of doing things. Even then you have to deal with alot of BS stuff with supervisors. Its bad when the regular LP people have double the work ethic of the executives. I guess I still have a sour taste in my mouth lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allen Ariza in Bergen, New Jersey

61 months ago

Macy,s in Paramous, NJ is the Same Way. There so busy picking up on the new attractive help they loose focus on what really matters. Then there direction is so convaluted that your not sure who is the chief and who is the indian..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Sterling Heights, Michigan

52 months ago

Macy's at lakeside is the same way! The lp manager there is one of the biggest liars!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former LPs in Katy, Texas

44 months ago

Are there any former Macy LPs out there that can give advice? and history on company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roxanne in Orem, Utah

41 months ago

Former LPs in Katy, Texas said: Are there any former Macy LPs out there that can give advice? and history on company

Macys NorthWest has been really good. I have worked in LP for 18 years and Macys has been great. Now Nordtroms on the other hand is complete BS! They treat the store LP like crap! Even the LPM treats the agents unfairly. I am sticking with MACYS!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Meriden, Connecticut

29 months ago

I work Macy's LP. I can say I love my job and the days fly by. Macy's has had my back for a lot of crap. The only thing I don't like is the pay which nobody can live off of. As for now, Macy's Loss Prevention is a great job which allows the use of force if needed where most LP or AP jobs do not. I've had to use reasonable force A LOT for shoplifters and Macys is a company that understands that. Other companies may fire LP or AP for merely touching a shoplifter. Be safe and reasonable is all that is needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vlfour in Hollywood, Florida

29 months ago

Habs in Cincinnati, Ohio said: This is so true. I was with Macy's/Kaufmann's for a few years and quite frankly I had to bolt. Luckily I landed south here in Cincy with a law enforcement job, but I'd still like to do LP somewhere part time. The Macy's people are terrible. To be an LP executive you have to have a degree in lying, and they treat you terribly. Don't expect them to ever have your back either. I was a top producer but once I went against "Queen 9er" it was all downhill and I was blackballed. Very mature people I'll tell you. Plus they totally changed their LP outlook. They went from being totally proactive to reactive. But they still wanted us to produce the same numbers despite completely changing policy. After spending most of my week on the sales floor while thousands of dollars in surveillance equipment sat there-I put in my notice. It defies sanity. If you are considering Macy's, don't unless they are going back to the old ways of doing things. Even then you have to deal with alot of BS stuff with supervisors. Its bad when the regular LP people have double the work ethic of the executives. I guess I still have a sour taste in my mouth lol.

What do you mean, by "must meet the numbers" As in, they have a quota?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.