Certified Maintenance Planner certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

nelson in Spring, Texas

86 months ago

Check Life Cycle Institute, maybe that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gord in Fort Nelson BC Canada in Hay River, Northwest Territories

85 months ago

try Keyano College in Fort Mcmurray Alberta, they have a course called Asset Planning Certificate as part of the Continuing Education program. From what I have heard it is a great start to the basics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jethro Manbobs in Orland Park, Illinois

76 months ago

Try going to college and getting a 4 year degree and stop being a loser!Q!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

brian davison in Albany, Oregon

75 months ago

Brian in Seattle, Washington said: From my research it doesn't appear that any type of certification in maintenance planning is available. Does anyone know differently?

check with www.afe.org this organization has a group exploring putting together a Maint. Planner certification. might have to send an email encouraging them...!! as nothing says anything about their internal "planner" plan on the website yet.
brian.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beverley in Calgary, Alberta

62 months ago

Brian in Seattle, Washington said: From my research it doesn't appear that any type of certification in maintenance planning is available. Does anyone know differently?

Yes there are many different certifications and most of them require formal education. Many planning roles at least in Canada's oil & gas field require a trade. I do not have a trade but have a Logistis Degree and a good back ground. There is a PMP program (google it) Professiional Maintenance Planner (not always necessary to land a planning role) I started as a Maintenance Clerk doing service writing and moved up from there. If you cannot leave work to go to school SAIT has many excellent programs which can assist you. Good Luck and don't let those that make rude comments on here discourage you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Qadir in Mississauga, Ontario

54 months ago

google PEMAC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry H. in Calgary, Alberta

51 months ago

....Hi Beverly, I am a Maintenance Millwright in Calgary. I have read some of your comments on here regarding Maintenance Planers. I am interested in this type of career. Where should i start to look for work. I have worked for major manufacturing companies in Calgary, SMED / Haworth for 10 years. I am finding it difficult to find work as a maintenance millwright because I have too many years of experience and many companys are looking for individuals with 3 to 5 years experience. In my interviews in the last year, three of them mentioned i have more experience than what they are looking for. So my thoughts are is maybe a Maintenace Planner position would beenifit from my years of experience...and i am not afraid to "Pick up a wrench" from time to time, a comment i read from one of your answers on here. I will check with Sait regarding the PMP program. I would like to start work as a Maintenance Planner and then begin the program at SAIT, much like an Apprenticeship. My E-mail is.....

terryhanzuk@hotmail.com

Regards, Terry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Noé PINHEIRO in Courbevoie, France

48 months ago

Hi I am looking for online course of Oil Industrial Maintenace planning with certification.

noepinheiro@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.