Tips for maintenance planner interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming maintenance planner interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Jerry Tettey in Accra, Ghana

87 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming maintenance planner interview?
No
Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

I have no idea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

tony flores in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

Planning and scheduling is a critical tool for organizations that desire or need to be efficient and also wish to optimize equipment, facility and asset useful life. Focus on the purpose of planning and scheduling and how it might apply to the org for which you are interviewing. Ask what thier challenges and needs are and how those issues might be addressed by instituting or improving P&S. How would P&S be implemented? What details are necessary to make it successful? What essential steps comprise P&S in all orgs? and how would they apply to the specific org in which you are interested? Yo must also ask what type of planner they need. Do they need a planner who may have to pick up a wrench at any time or one that would be dedicated to P&S tasks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jethro Manbobs in Orland Park, Illinois

76 months ago

Just do not go to the interview, then there is nothing to worry about!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Rosemary Aferi in Ghana

66 months ago

Maintenance Planner interviews differ from one company to the other based on the setup of the organization and what they are into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Beverley in Calgary, Alberta

63 months ago

I love Tony's comments and the "Do they need a planner who may have to pick up a wrench at any time or one that would be dedicated to P&S tasks?" is very very true

I would do the routine things you would do for any interview. Dress well and be presentable. Be confident and have a positive attitude. Review your resume (I know this sounds odd however, sometimes people become nervous and forget the most common things about older positions)

I would also google some common interview questions and pratice your answers so you do not find yourself rambling in an interview. Also think in advance about what you want to ask them and don't be afraid to write down your questions and take them along with you to refer to. Employers very often take this as a sign that you came prepared and gave the interview serious thought and that you really do want this job.

Every little thing counts in an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sterling in Durham, North Carolina

58 months ago

Do not be surprised when a temporary service ask,"How much would you charge for your services of 4 months as a Maintenance Planner"? I said 17 an hour, then a day later realized what a mistake I had made. Annually always figure on 75,000 and bargain down slightly if necessary. I got stuck. but only for 4 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.