What are typical major gifts officer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Shirley in Detroit, Michigan

103 months ago

What should i accept as an offer when I get this job Major Gift Officer in a Hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Glen Gardner, New Jersey

76 months ago

That depends on where you live and work, your experience, and even the organization's operating budget.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in North Las Vegas, Nevada

73 months ago

I am an experienced Classical Music (Opera) fundraiser but always held a conductor/chief fundraiser position in the past.

I am now interested in a Major Gifts Officer position at an opera company that has come to my attention.

My fundraising experience is perfect for it but I want to guess at a good asking salary...not too much but not so low that I won't be taken seriously.

Any suggestions?

Karen in Summit, New Jersey

73 months ago

Salaries really do depend on where you live and the size and budget of the organization.

I know of everything from $30,000 to $250,000.

Michael in North Las Vegas, Nevada

73 months ago

This would be Southern California and a huge budget...one of the major houses.

By the same token they have $3,500 listed as the start of their "major gifts" category.

I have a strong regional house fund raising record and have successfully led campaigns for as much as 100 K for individual productions, so to me this "middle tier" level of fudnraising seems perfect.

I won't be over reaching and I can present a list of private foundations and individuals from whom I obtained good sized grants.

I think that $30,000 sounds way too low, and $250,000 sounds way too high given that they are paying their music director $275,000

Do you think that starting about about $60-65 K sounds like a reasonable number? Too low? Too High?

Thanks for answering

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.