What are typical major gifts officer salaries?

Comments (6)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Shirley in Detroit, Michigan

88 months ago

What should i accept as an offer when I get this job Major Gift Officer in a Hospital.

Anonymous in Glen Gardner, New Jersey

61 months ago

That depends on where you live and work, your experience, and even the organization's operating budget.

Michael in North Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

I am an experienced Classical Music (Opera) fundraiser but always held a conductor/chief fundraiser position in the past.

I am now interested in a Major Gifts Officer position at an opera company that has come to my attention.

My fundraising experience is perfect for it but I want to guess at a good asking salary...not too much but not so low that I won't be taken seriously.

Any suggestions?

Karen in Summit, New Jersey

58 months ago

Salaries really do depend on where you live and the size and budget of the organization.

I know of everything from $30,000 to $250,000.

Michael in North Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

This would be Southern California and a huge budget...one of the major houses.

By the same token they have $3,500 listed as the start of their "major gifts" category.

I have a strong regional house fund raising record and have successfully led campaigns for as much as 100 K for individual productions, so to me this "middle tier" level of fudnraising seems perfect.

I won't be over reaching and I can present a list of private foundations and individuals from whom I obtained good sized grants.

I think that $30,000 sounds way too low, and $250,000 sounds way too high given that they are paying their music director $275,000

Do you think that starting about about $60-65 K sounds like a reasonable number? Too low? Too High?

Thanks for answering

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.