Are manager qa job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most manager qa opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

SM Raza in Richmond Hill, Ontario

76 months ago

I am necomers to Canada, i have had 14 yesrs working experience in quality assurance and qualit control. I am working with Sandoz, Caltex, Shell, 3P-Unilever and in a textile industry. My major job responsibilities are product & process monitoring, development and plant trial of new product, productivity enhencement, implementation of different system, tools and techniques for improvement e.g. ISO 9000, ISO 14000, HACCP, TPM, QM, Six sigma, .......
I am interested to find some job in Canada as per my previous experiences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

km214@msn.com in Chardon, Ohio

63 months ago

I have been in quality for over 15 years now with experiences spanning medical device, pharmaceutical plastics and other manufacturing industries. Obviously in the past 8 + years small companies have not been a good choice for me as I have suffered much job transition...that seems to be my major issue in finding work now...along with the fact that I am now in Ohio...came here to help family. I see much less opportunity here but less overall across the nation (US)and little to no work for me here in OH...more responsibility and lower pay...fewer jobs...but more on the east coast...companies are not as willing these days to pay relocation...things are not good for quality overall...Good luck to all who are searching....been 10months for me on UE so far this time...longest one so far...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SMRAZA in Markham, Ontario

62 months ago

Now a days, the multination organization as well as local organization ignore the importance of quality systems in there organization, so that the consumer satisfaction contineously drop. If these organization do not concentrate on quality the loose first their productivity and finally loose their businesses. Those who know the 1940 revolouation in quality (after 2nd world war) lead by Dr. Deming and other quality grues, understand the current suitation and those who did not know please read. In my opinion industries make big mistake to ignore the importance of quality and they pay more for this ignorance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

km214 in Youngstown, Ohio

58 months ago

SMRAZA in Markham, Ontario said: Now a days, the multination organization as well as local organization ignore the importance of quality systems in there organization, so that the consumer satisfaction contineously drop. If these organization do not concentrate on quality the loose first their productivity and finally loose their businesses. Those who know the 1940 revolouation in quality (after 2nd world war) lead by Dr. Deming and other quality grues, understand the current suitation and those who did not know please read. In my opinion industries make big mistake to ignore the importance of quality and they pay more for this ignorance

I agree with your perspective but how are we and these organizations like ISO and others to get the companies out there who are producing too see the value of quality?..I see them needing people like us for contract or consulting roles in this tight economy. I hope for more work at home/on site audit visits for my future in this field.. Selling training services may also be an option for those of us with all this knowledge and experience. I am even thinking of starting my own Quality consulting LLC..

DDA1804 in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

Sanjay in Hanoi, Vietnam said: It is growing. Now the responsibilities are higher, cooperates are focusing on this topic well than before.

I agree that the QA jobs are on the rise. However, the industry-types have shifted more toward medical, finance, banking, nursing, etc. Those who have a strong single industry experience (over 10 years) are just as qualified to perform lean-six-sigma projects, develop QA systems, perform reliability, but will probably have trouble tranitioning to these companies. The standards are all very similar so, it should not have been a problem. The experience is there, the persons capabilities are there, but I found companies reluctant to hire people who have great experience in one industry type but may lack specific experience in the specific area. Yet I find people with NO experience having very little trouble. (I guess price driven).

What I do not find growing is more acceptance of QA at the VP and Exec level. This is a stigma that QA has not completely removed in that companies should have Q Officers as much as CFO or HR, etc. There is still a paucity of QA MBA programs to get the QA function on the same par.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.