Tips for manufacturing operations manager interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming manufacturing operations manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Lake Oswego, Oregon

21 months ago

In the interviews that I have been in, the interviewer wants to see some tangible evidence as to your past successes. Going into an interview and stating that you saved $4 million through lean leadership is not as effective as bringing in a six sigma report that you and your team did. Another important question I ask interviewees is how they develop their teams/workforce. Having a good method or program for team development and historical evidence of personnel improvement is important. I believe it was Ralph Nader that said it best when he said that the premise of a leader is to create more leaders. Lastly, don't go in as a beaming example of perfection because you know that you are going to be asked the question, "describe a failure or a disappointment that you have recently experienced and how did you handle it?" Have a good specific example and find a way to spin it into something useful such as a teaching or an area of improvement. Interviewers are looking for lessons learned and an understanding that not everything can be perfect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.