Market Research of Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry

Comments (6)

Brain-licker in Great Neck, New York

47 months ago

I have a question. Is doing Market Research of Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry a viable career?
Can you get a job, or is it something that no one cares about?

Jessica in San Francisco, California

47 months ago

Brain-licker in Great Neck, New York said: I have a question. Is doing Market Research of Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry a viable career?
Can you get a job, or is it something that no one cares about?

Yes... Do you have any experience? We would love to have you. In San Francisco.

Vivek verma in Pune, India

46 months ago

I did MBA in marketing and presently working with italia glass mosaic,im a fresher and on job for a month only. i m intersted to work as a Research analyst.Would you please tell me that career growth as a research analyst and the companies who hire fresher for the post of research analyst in pune.

Nina in Flushing, New York

45 months ago

It is a viable career. There are many market research firms which specialize in healthcare/pharma/biotech market research. There is also the option of working for the MR department of a pharma company so you have some options.

And when it comes to MR I would say pharma is one of the more viable fields as pharma companies spend so much money on developing new products they need to make sure their products will perform in the market and therefore need to do market research. So, in an economically hard time when in other fields they may be cutting market research costs pharma is a bit more stable. Also, very interesting field as you're learning about new products coming out and different therapeutic categories.

Geoff in Benicia, California

37 months ago

Jessica in San Francisco, California said: Yes... Do you have any experience? We would love to have you. In San Francisco.

Would a Ph.D. in genetics, sales and field applications experience, and a facility with pivot tables provide sufficient preparation for market research in the Bay Area?

I live in the East Bay but could easily take the ferry in to SF. As I've been in sales for a while, I think I've been doing some MR already.

routhgh@hotmail.com

Veena in Brampton, Ontario

32 months ago

Hi;

I am a biotechnologist with 6+ years of experience in biological research spanning in India, Singapore and Canadian experience. I am interested in a career shift to pharma/biotech market research opportunities. Is it possible for a career change with no MBA/previous market research experience? If so, how do I go about making the shift? Whom and how to approach?
Would appreciate reply
Thanks
Veena

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.