Market Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Dee.W in Macon, Georgia

119 months ago

I am currently in the field of PR/Promotions...looking to enter the field of Market Research. Should I head back to school to get my MBA or will I be able to enter the field with background?? If so, what positions should I look for?? Any pointers??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

felixthecat666 in Austin, Texas

104 months ago

Your background should be a plus as far as getting your foot in the door someplace. A master's degree of some kind is required if you really want to move up the ladder and get paid well. Doesn't have to be an MBA though, it can be statistics, psychology, etc. If you're really serious about MR then get an MMR-Master's in Market Research, there are only a handful of schools that offer the degree, UT Arlington, TX and University of GA are a couple that come to mind. You can do a search to find more. I think there's also some online classes you can take to get various certifications. Check the U of GA and the MRA websites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Land O Lakes, Florida

91 months ago

What does a Market Research Analyst do exacally?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Student in Collinsville, Illinois

89 months ago

I agree with felix. There are about 4 schools that offer an MMR degree. The one he forgot is Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

celinacarlz in sydney, Australia

32 months ago

I prefer the MBA degree the most as you can do any major job after this job. You can go with it or contact a professional here blagger.com/scripts/db4.php?companyname=&company_id=13822

Maria in Minsk, Belarus

29 months ago

Actually, I don't think that you should attend any school... For example, I work for <a href="marketpublishers.com">marketpublishers.com</a> now, but just a year ago I came there without any experience and background. Some companies offer special crash courses for their employees and help during the working process.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.