Getting a Marketing Representative job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

How did you get your start doing Marketing Representative work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie Roberts in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

I was very fortunate that I got my foot in the door of a structural engineering/parking consulting firm by being hired as the receptionist. As the company grew and associated began typing for themselves, I became the accounting assistant/office administrator. I was very fortunate that I knew enough contacts and was very knowledgeable about the business that my supervisor promoted me to business development coordinator. I have to admit, I was not as prepared as I should have been. I had a difficult time being on the road away from my family and maintaining an in-office presence without having my own assistant. All in all I would say the job was VERY REWARDING and am very grateful to have had the opportunity to serve such a prestigious role within my company. I recommend getting at least a 2-year associates degree in marketing and/or business administration, along with heavy involvement in the SMPS organization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.