Massage Therapist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (341) - Start a Discussion

ME in Woodbury, New Jersey

Updated 40 months ago

NMTI school in Philadelphia - Comments /reviews /feedback please. - 4 Replies

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm thinking about attending the 'National Massage Therapy Institute' in Philly this year. It's on Roosevelt...

Massage Room in Denver, Colorado

Updated 40 months ago

ROOM RENTAL IN DAY SPA - 2 Replies

Rare opportunity to rent a room in a day spa. Normally room rental situations are salons and day spa situations are comission. Have a fellow...

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

Updated 40 months ago

$68K listed as salary for MT in Cinci - 1 Reply

I don't know who compiled the data for the income for LMTs in Cincinnati or what they were smoking but very, very, very few (as in I know none and...

aveda in Shelburne, Nova Scotia

Updated 40 months ago

I need your opinion about going to an interview and working at Aveda Salon and Spa concept, any thoughts? - 9 Replies

Hi everyone! Hope you all doing well. I just got a state license recently and I am looking for a job. I got a phone call from one of Aveda Salon and...

lonelygal in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 40 months ago

How long before I can start my life as massage therapist - 3 Replies

I am passionate about becoming a massage therapist since I was 9 years old. I saw in the community college that they have a certificate of...

Kiana in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 41 months ago

How long to get license? - 36 Replies

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a license in Florida after you submit an application? (I just passed my state exam today :D !!!)

Chaz223 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

What's it like to work at a seasonal resort?

What is the good and bad that comes along with working at a resort spa, such as a ski resort? Are you expected to know a lot of different...

john in Madison, Mississippi

Updated 41 months ago

Starting out... - 19 Replies

How did you get your start doing massage therapist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a...

LJ in North Miami Beach, Florida

10 Minute Manicure @ Airports

Has anyone ever been employed here and what is the salary for therapists?

LJ in North Miami Beach, Florida

Massage Therapist Jobs at Equinox

Has anyone had experience here and how is their pay rate?

domally in Pompano Beach, Florida

Updated 42 months ago

Applying to another state with a criminal record. - 2 Replies

I'm currently licensed in the state of Florida as a licensed massage therapist. I'm currently in the process of putting my application together to...

Martin in Hamilton, Ontario

How can a RMT from Ontario Canada become a LMT in USA?

Hey everyone..... I'm a new graduate researching and researching trying to find out the requirements for a Registered Massage Therapist in Ontario...

K in Houston, Texas

Updated 42 months ago

Best Massage School in Houston area - 2 Replies

I'm thinking of getting trainig as a massage therapist. Some schools have mixied reviews from people. Since I'm going to pay some money to get...

Tony in Beaverton, Oregon

Updated 42 months ago

Starting my own company - 1 Reply

I know there are a ton of experienced self employed Massage Therapist on this board. Im currently licensed in Florida my plan is to start doing...

Kijedavid in Los Angeles, California

Ideas to create interface to find best type massage needed

Hi I would like to add on my website a unique interface to help clients find best type of massage they need. Do you have any ideas what can be...

Future LMT in Springfield, Virginia

Soon to be taking the NCBTMB...Need Study Tips- In Virginia

It's been almost 5 years since I graduated from massage school and I am preparing to re-take the exam. I took the NCBTMB when I first graduated and...

bodyworkerAZ in Chandler, Arizona

Updated 43 months ago

Few question for massage therapists - 10 Replies

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I have a few question. I'm graduating from a medical assisting program in a couple of months. I only went this route...

Eshkweoh in Montpellier, France

Finding work in France

Hi, I am currently in the south of France (Montpellier) and looking for a job as a massage therapist. Has anyone found any good websites or know of...

Jennifer Sovine in Dumfries, Virginia

Updated 44 months ago

Have you heard of Spinal Reflex Analysis....it's amazing! - 4 Replies

I wanted to let you all know about a new technique called SRA, Spinal Reflex Analysis (SRA). SRA is scientifically based revolutionary assessment and...

TB in Fountain Valley, California

Updated 45 months ago

anyone here go to MT school in the northwest?? - 7 Replies

I'm looking into signing up in September or October this year depending on how things pan out this year for me and my husband. I'm looking for a...

rick in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

Updated 45 months ago

Endless search for a Licensed Massage Therapist Job! - 27 Replies

Where are the jobs??? I am a Male Licensed Massage Therapist, I have been looking for work since last June. I keep hearing the same thing we don't...

cc in Ontario, California

Updated 45 months ago

Passed the Mblex...employed! HAVE FAITH!!! - 2 Replies

I just wanted to let everyone know that although it can be difficult it is possible to pass your licensing exam as well as have both a mentally and...

massmn911@yahoo.com in New Port Richey, Florida

Updated 45 months ago

Boom or bust? - 15 Replies

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most massage therapist...

mary in Tampa, Florida

Updated 46 months ago

Can a man become a massage therapist? - 1 Reply

My husband is out of work. I suggested becoming a massage therapist. Are there any male massage therapists out there? I doubt he would massage men....

Dorr in Kanata, Ontario

Updated 46 months ago

employers who never get back to you - 2 Replies

I am so sick of employers never getting back to me. What are they thinking? Has anyone out here experienced this. I lived in N.Y.C, for years and...

Dorr in Kanata, Ontario

Updated 46 months ago

advice needed ASAP - 19 Replies

I am seriously considering enrolling in a local massage school in Cincinnati. It's an 18 month program with out of pocket expenses being $12,000. I...

Organic in Somerset, New Jersey

Updated 47 months ago

Oil vs. cream vs. gel - 11 Replies

Which is the best and why?

kingofmiami6 in Dayton, Ohio

Updated 47 months ago

How to take MBLEx In Ohio - 2 Replies

I want to pass the MBLEx before i move to Florida. I live in Ohio and went to school here. I graduate this week and was wondering if i could just...

mapleginkgo in Yuen Long, Hong Kong

is there anyone worked on curise ship for steiner before, tried to be medical debark?

I work for steiner as onboard spa therapist for few months. However, i was medical debarked because of illness. Now i had sent email to steiner...

Cher in Vancouver, Washington

Part time massage therapy

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any experience working part time as a massage therapist, I have a full time job I enjoy and don't plan on quitting,...

Boo in Central City, Pennsylvania

Updated 48 months ago

Running your own business - 1 Reply

Hi everyone. I've been looking at possibly pursuing Physical Therapy. Due to a number of reasons though, I have been looking into MT. One of the...

Tony in Beaverton, Oregon

Updated 48 months ago

Can you find Sexual Discrimination in the Spa you work at? - 1 Reply

What did you find? Is it against men or Women? Does it aaffect any aspect of your work.Ie Too much stress?,Why Do you know any professional spa's...

CMTGG in San Diego, California

Updated 48 months ago

Marketing Massage - 3 Replies

What are the best ways you've found to fill your schedule? I have an office and a chair that I could take to someone's office, but no one coming in...

samirish in Joliet, Illinois

Massage Envy now hiring Estheticians??

The massage envy by me is now hiring estheticians. Has anyone else seen these kinds of ads? Anyone have first hand knowledge of what they are...

Angelove in Weaverville, North Carolina

Employer Abuse?

I am employed at a small spa and think that my employer might be about to introduce some new employee policies that may be illegal. I want to find...

Lorna in Portland, Oregon

Updated 49 months ago

NCETM vs NCETMB - 1 Reply

Would anyone be able to advise on the differences between the NCETM and NCETMB regarding allowances? I understand that one includes CAM material, but...

kingofmiami6 in Dayton, Ohio

What is the best Book/Website to help me pass the MBLEx?

Im in Ohio and I plan on moving to Florida at the end of the year. So im fresh out of school (750 hours). Im not taking my state boards and just want...

JessLiteMT in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 49 months ago

Reasons why you love your Career as an MT - 2 Replies

A place to share the positive experiences in your career path as a Massage Therapist.

Jesse123 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 49 months ago

New ways to Build Massage buisness - 1 Reply

I just started free-lancing out of a Chiropractic Office. I started out doing half off massages for everyones first time in. Are there any other tips...

cali276 in Santa Ana, California

Massage Therapy Schools in Southern California

Hey All, I am interested in pursuing a career in massage therapy (at least part-time for now) and was wondering if any of you can recommend a good...

Maria in Hudson, Wisconsin

Massage

Can someone do massage therapy as a practitioner and not be certified in Wisconsin?

marsha massage in Collingswood, New Jersey

Massage at the office

Since massage is slow, thought I'd get proactive and get executives to get 10 or 15 minute massages...at their desk...not bringing a massage...

Christina0310 in Baltimore, Maryland

working as a massage therapist in Pa

Hello I am considering relocating to Pa. Do anyone work at the Hershey Spa? What is the pay? Is it true that Pa do not require a lic. at this...

Newbee @ MT in Sayville, New York

bodywork?

I have a general question ... What does the term "body work" mean. Is it more than just message?

Millar in Portland, Oregon

Updated 50 months ago

How is the Groupon/Daily Deal Phenomenon affecting your business?? - 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I just found this board and am wondering if the online group buying explosion has affected your massage practices? We have a small...

Rebecca

Updated 50 months ago

MBLEX info?!?!?! - 2 Replies

Taking the Mblex and have yet to read one single post from anyone who has taken it. Anyone, anyone??? Just curious how it was, etc. Been studying...

Mike in White Haven, Pennsylvania

Questions For Those in Pennsylvania

Okay, I've been out of school since 2006 and was doing other things till recently. I'm looking to get my massage career rolling in the near future...

needavacation in Cumming, Georgia

ISSN in Atlanta Georgia in trouble?

Anyone know what is going on at ISSN? The state board has been there all last week and they have not been answering thier phones. I went to the...

Frieda

Student told my cousin several ?'s on MBLEx just recently

Gutan Tag from Germany Military Base: Here are some questions that my cousin's friend told him that were on the MBLEx exam a couple of weeks ago. ...

Sandy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Updated 51 months ago

Cortiva Institute Pinellas Park, FL school reviews? - 4 Replies

Yes, I know when it was still the humanities center it was half the cost.. BUT everyone has said that in tampa bay this is the best school to go to....

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.