Internationally Massage Qualifications

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 247)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

thebeauthytherapists.com in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

gvanna in Liverpool, United Kingdom said: Hi I am a fully qualified Senior Therapist. I have been in the industry for Ten years with both qualifications in Beauty and Massage Techniques, I spent Five of these years working as a Therapist onboard Royal Caribbean Cruise Liners. I am looking to relocate from England back to the U.S.A, and I am wondering if anybody has information of the best way I would go about getting a job in a Spa/Hotel over ther

Many Thanks

Joanna

The same advise I gave to the Australian, I will give to you. I do believe you are a beauty therapist, which is Aethetician and Massage Therapist. In that case you need to find out what prt of the US you are moving to, write the governing board and requirements. Shot me an e-mail to thebeautytherapists@gmail.com, let me know your qualifications and what part of the States you are moving to, and I will direct you to the appropriate agency.
Goodluck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gvanna in Liverpool, United Kingdom

55 months ago

I have over two years in Beauty/Massage training qualifications, and an extra five years on five star cruise liners, I have all the relevant qualifications and certificates that you can see I just need to know how to go about applying for a job in N.Y or NV

Joanna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie

55 months ago

gvanna in Liverpool, United Kingdom said: I have over two years in Beauty/Massage training qualifications, and an extra five years on five star cruise liners, I have all the relevant qualifications and certificates that you can see I just need to know how to go about applying for a job in N.Y or NV

Joanna

Joanna, have you already passed the U.S.A.'s national boards (you will need 500 hours of education from a nationally certified school to apply to sit for this test)? You will have to have that license to apply for work in Nevada. Or have you passed the state exam for the state of New York? New York is a state exam and requires 1000 hours of education from a nationally certified school.

I do know that you would not be permitted to work in my home state (Ohio) either, regardless of your extensive background. You would still have to sit for our state board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renate in Riga, Latvia

54 months ago

Hello all,
I have finished massage training cources in Latvia (no qalification required here) and have 3 years experience working for a massage parlour in Riga. I was hoping to work in any other European country (UK/Greece/Spain/Portugal), however am not clear on qualification terms for different countries. Does somebody know if courses and substantial exprience is sufficient?
Also maybe somebody can advice me how best to start looking for massage therapist jobs in these countries.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jono0711 in Newcastle, Australia

53 months ago

dennisjf in Sydney, Australia said: Hi Moppie, I hope you still check this site! I am Australian and will be in Amsterdam in a couple of months. I have just finished studying massage and want to set up business over there. You mentioned that massage is not registered/regulated or licensed in the Netherlands, is this true? I'm sorry I can't provide an answer to your question and I would really appreciate any helpfull advice you may have for me regarding work over there.
Thanks (very hopefull that you answer)
dennis

Hi Dennis, are you working in Amsterdam yet ? If so, can you please shed some light on if Aussie qualifications are accepted and how to find a massagejob ?

Cheers,

Jono

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Claudia in Vero Beach, Florida

53 months ago

I am in the U.S. and I don't know what to do to find out what the qualifications are to work overseas.

dennisjf in Kunstat, Czech Republic

53 months ago

well Jono,
its interesting that I get a reply to that now as I have to return to Australia. You won't get any employment unless you are legal to live and work there. If you are it won't be hard to get work but I really don't know about massage work. It's possible to start your won business there without too much trouble. I can help you more with questions about immigration than actually getting a massage job. cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Thank you so much for your help. If I do have anymore questions I will definately ask you. I know a little about immigration. I will check that also. thanks again. Claudia

andrew in Madrid, Spain

53 months ago

claire in Almería, Spain said: The Uk is the most muliticultural island on the planet, I just wish they would enjoy being so...

The UK welcomes small businesses from around the world, each case being taken on individual merit. I employed many different nationalities when running my own business there and it is normal to live in a town with up to 22 different nationalities, all working and living through the generations.

ITEC is the recognised certification for europe. It offers insurance and registration and is a level 3 diploma costing around 1000 pounds and taking as little as 3 months. Most colleges then offer work placements. It maybe that you already have the level required, but the main thing is insurance and being willing to pay UK tax. That clinches the deal in most cases.

There is also a big difference between emigration and imigration, but this is a therapist chat line, so I wont bore you with the details. Dont listen to anyone, get onto a government website or your consulate in London, and look up the details ascertaining to your particular situation. But Skilled and ready to work is very much appreciated by the Uk, I can assure you.

I am afraid because it depends on so many personal things, it is one of those questions you are going to have to ask via the correct channels and one that only has answers for you.

Good luck now.

hi claire
im also an expat living in spain (alicante) and im trying to find a massage course to do in english. do you have any info on the course you are doing?
Thanks
andrew

Carmen in Delray Beach, Florida

53 months ago

Jim in Mount Pleasant, Michigan said: Hi Cora, I hope your search has been productive! In the USA, there is a National Cerification Board, but not all states require a license. For example, Michigan has yet to enact laws governing massage, though they are in process to follow suit with many other states. I am fom Florida, which has a strict licensing process, which includes 500 hours of education from a "nationally accredited" school. From what I understand, the education in NZ and Canada are more extensive, but you still have to get approval if you want the NCBTMB Certification. Unless you plan to practice in a state that has no regulation in place. Also, some cities have their own requirements. So do some homework, and maybe there will be less hoops to jumpthrough than you expected.

Hi, I live in Florida under H2B visa,originally form Romania.I was triyng to transfer my romanian licence, for Florida state. Can somebody tell me if I can do that? My visa won't allow me to study...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fiancee_of_an_Aussie in Bethesda, Maryland

53 months ago

Carmen in Delray Beach, Florida said: Hi, I live in Florida under H2B visa,originally form Romania.I was triyng to transfer my romanian licence, for Florida state. Can somebody tell me if I can do that? My visa won't allow me to study...

I want to know Carmen if you got your H2B visa sponsor for doing a massage therapy? My fiance went to school six months here in Washington, D.C. at Potomac Massage Institute then returned back to his home country of Australia where he just finished college and now has the requirement 500 hours to come back to America but we can't find him a sponsor in the Washington, D.C. metro just to do massage. The main issue is he does not have a higher learning degree (bachelor's). We are worried about the state license because he is coming here next month to test out. WE DESPERATELY NEED SOMEONE TO SPONSOR HIM. If anyone knows how we can make this or know of any sponsors in the Washington, D.C. area we can contact, PLEASE let me know. Much appreciated.

Carmen in Delray Beach, Florida

53 months ago

Fiancee_of_an_Aussie in Bethesda, Maryland said: I want to know Carmen if you got your H2B visa sponsor for doing a massage therapy? My fiance went to school six months here in Washington, D.C. at Potomac Massage Institute then returned back to his home country of Australia where he just finished college and now has the requirement 500 hours to come back to America but we can't find him a sponsor in the Washington, D.C. metro just to do massage. The main issue is he does not have a higher learning degree (bachelor's). We are worried about the state license because he is coming here next month to test out. WE DESPERATELY NEED SOMEONE TO SPONSOR HIM. If anyone knows how we can make this or know of any sponsors in the Washington, D.C. area we can contact, PLEASE let me know. Much appreciated.

The H2B visa, is not for massage therapist, I'm working into a restaurant with this visa. I also need a sponsor, in case I'll have to do the whole training again..
but I haven't reach that point yet.

mrmoses in Belfast, United Kingdom

53 months ago

claire in Almería, Spain said: Hiya

I am presently taking the ITEC massage course as an expat in spain.

I have been told this is not suitable for america and would have to study further to practice there.

In truth, your country's relationship with the UK allows you to come and work with hardly any criteria. Americans are welcome, especially in Ireland.

If you are serious about emigrating, you should do so. Your own professional body will advise you on insurance needs abroad, so contact them. If you are not with a professional body, make sure you link up now, its vital in this type of work, anywhere in the world.

I return to the UK in July and will be looking to offer massage to offices and companies on site. Keep in contact with me from July 2009 and may I wish you every success.

May I also suggest you take a long holiday in England before deciding for sure. There is a real reason I am schooling my children in Spain, as the country has changed for the worse in my opinion. It is recovering though and the Britishness is returning (what that is exactly is anyones, guess!)

Good Luck

Hi Claire,
I'm hopefully moving to Spain from North Ireland this year. The idea is to first learn Spanish in Valencia April/May time, finding it hard to find massage work. Do you have any ideas?
I've been massaging for 5 years and have lots of experience working on sports people and using deep tissue techniques.
If you could offer any advice/help?
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Moses Stevenson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Hi Claire, I would love to work overseas. How do you or did you like Ireland? How would I go about working there?

Belinda in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Hej you all! I have been working at the same spa for the last 4 years. Now the owner decided to keep 5% of the tips charged by credit card. Is he allowed to do that?

Meg in Milan, Italy

53 months ago

I am an American, and lived and worked as a Massage therapist in the US my whole life. I have heard of owners taking a percentage with Credit card tips, because they have to pay a fee each time cards are used...some places don't let the customers leave tips on cards, for that same reason. It really stinks because you have worked there for so long. Do you think it would be better to have a no tipping on credit card policy???? At my spa they started doing that a few years ago...in the beginning they would let the customer leave the tip on the card the first time or 2 and let them know that that would no longer be allowed. With the economy everyone was pretty understanding and within 3 months, no tips were allowed on credit cards anymore..and I didn't lose out majorly...my regulars made sure they brought cash for me and the others, who knows if they would have tipped anyway. Good luck!!

53 months ago

I have never heard that before. I don't think that is right for him to do. I have heard of Therapists being charged for the clients using credit card but never tips. Those are ours.

lmttiffany

53 months ago

I have heard of some places, typically, spas takinga % of tips. They should only take the % that the credit card company charges so they are not out any money. Usually the % is taken from the amount charged for the massage.

In my private practice, I do not accept tips. It is a decision I made a few years ago. I work in a clinic setting I want my services viewed as part of their health care. If you really look at who we tip in our society, it is for direct entry jobs where an education is not needed; waiers, taxi cab drivers, valet etc. I have too much education from school and CE courses that I have taken around the world to be viewed as anything less. I have also set my rates higher for this reason.

Laura Salisbury in London, United Kingdom

52 months ago

mrmoses in Belfast, United Kingdom said: Hi Claire,
I'm hopefully moving to Spain from North Ireland this year. The idea is to first learn Spanish in Valencia April/May time, finding it hard to find massage work. Do you have any ideas?
I've been massaging for 5 years and have lots of experience working on sports people and using deep tissue techniques.
If you could offer any advice/help?
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Moses Stevenson

Hello Moses.

I live in London and am also thinking of moving to Valencia and working as a massage therapist - but not until September.

If you do hear about any centers/websites etc that are useful for finding massage work in Spain I would appreciate if you can forward this info.

Many thanks - Laura Salisbury

Moses River in Belfast, United Kingdom

52 months ago

Hi Laura,
I will indeed, my email is moses@mrmoses.com,,send me a mail so I have yours as don't use this forum so much.
See ya there.
Moses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

msgtx in New London, Wisconsin

52 months ago

Hope in Bristol, United Kingdom said: Hi

hope you can help.

I'm a UK trained massage and holistic therapist ( ITEC and NVQ's level 3)
I want to work in the US and was wondering is massage therapists a recognized profession to qualify for a work visa?
want to move to WI.

Did you get answers to this?

anika in Uppsala, Sweden

52 months ago

I am a trained and qualified MT from the U.S. Nationally certified.
However, I am interested in moving to Scotland...
I have a permit to stay in Sweden, so the work permit is not the issue.
Can my licensure be transferred to the UK/Scotland?
How much does it cost?
I cannot find any information online about this.
Please advise.
Thanks.

lmttiffany in Snoqualmie, Washington

52 months ago

How did you get a work permit for Sweden?

Tabby in Manchester, United Kingdom

52 months ago

Hi Guys
I am in the UK and work in sports massage and personal training.
I will be moving to the USA by Nov but not sure what state yet.
I am happy to apply for the national qualification as mentioned above if need be. Is this needed for sports and remedial massage? Also can I start the process before I move over so that I am all set to go in Nov?
xxx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

binuprathap in Thiruvananthapuram, India

52 months ago

i have more than 10 year experience in Ayurvedic massage therapy.i have a bachelor's degree of homoeopathy. if any job chance let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

anika in Stockholm, Sweden

51 months ago

lmttiffany in Snoqualmie, Washington said: How did you get a work permit for Sweden?

Sorry, I married a Swede. Getting a work permit will be close to impossible unless you know Swedish..so forget about it. They try VERY hard to keep foreigners out here. These people are racist and elitist for NO REASON AT ALL. I would NEVER come here, if I had to do it over again.

E in Montreal, Quebec

51 months ago

_

dennisjf in Sydney, Australia said: Hi Moppie, I hope you still check this site! I am Australian and will be in Amsterdam in a couple of months. I have just finished studying massage and want to set up business over there. You mentioned that massage is not registered/regulated or licensed in the Netherlands, is this true? I'm sorry I can't provide an answer to your question and I would really appreciate any helpfull advice you may have for me regarding work over there.
Thanks (very hopefull that you answer)
dennis

Hi Denis,
I think this website could be useful.

ec.europa.eu/internal_market/qualifications/regprof/index.cfm?fuseaction=profession.regProfs&profId=1260

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikki in Adelaide, Australia

50 months ago

hi all, i am an international student here in Australia and did my Diploma in Remedial massage and also got a massage therapist job in a clinic. I am looking for enhancing my career in massage and so searching for sponsorship job. Will you please help me with some ideas?

Thanks
Nikki

Peter Sinfield in Wellington, New Zealand

50 months ago

Kate in Midlothian, Virginia said: I'm in the opposite position....I'm in the US and want to work overseas, preferably New Zealand or maybe Spain or Hungary. How hard is it for an American to uproot? Since the US is rather puritan and not exactly body confident, is it hard to switch over to Europe/the rest of the world?

Thanks!

Ive lived and legally have continued doing massage (28 yrs now) with no problems at all in New Zealand, Ecuador, Peru, parts of Canada n the UK over the years n my training was in the united slaves where I grew up

dbella405 in Dayton, Ohio

50 months ago

Interested in moving to New Zealand or Australia

ileana in Bucharest, Romania

49 months ago

Carmen in Delray Beach, Florida said: The H2B visa, is not for massage therapist, I'm working into a restaurant with this visa. I also need a sponsor, in case I'll have to do the whole training again..
but I haven't reach that point yet.

Hi Carmen,
I am interested in working on delray Beach in Restaurant as well. I'm from bucharest. Can you please tel me which agency you used and what Country club are working at? As well a few details about the live , work and salary there.
Many Thanks

Ileana

HC in Auckland, New Zealand

49 months ago

Angela in Austin, Texas said: Hi, my family & I will be moving to NZ in a few months. My husband is a kiwi- so citizenship should be granted. I am just now looking into what I need to do to practice massage in NZ. I have 630 hours of school, licensed & have been practicing four and half years.
Does anyone know who I should contact to get this going?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Angela

Hi, You do not need a qualification as such to practice massage in NZ. We are covered by the general Health and Disabilities Act and must follow the guidelines for rights of refusal, confidentiality etc but there is no rule to be qualified (even if you are giving a free massage to a friend they can prosecute through the same act). There is a sort of group register in NZ; Massage New Zealand where massage therapists can become verified either certified or remedial massage therapists. This provides a good place for therapists to meet and keep in contact with one another.

Hope this helps anybody with regards to NZ. I personally am trying to find out what exactly I need to practice massage in the UK as I only have a certificate in relaxation massage from NZ. Can anybody give me a straight answer?

Moses River in United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hi guys/girls,,
You all worry way too much...
I been working as a massage therapist in NZ, OZ, Spain and the UK over the last 5 years. (I'm Irish).
Forget about your bits of paper and your qualifications, as long as you are a damm good massage therapist you can get work anywhere in the world. Yes I'm qualified in 6 different techniques in 5 different countries but I don't produce those bits of paper when I turn up looking for work.
Yes, I do a trial massage on the manager/boss of the company I want to work for and they hire me on my ability...that is it.
If you know your s**T you will get hired anywhere in the world,,,full stop!!!
I've been there, done that and wore several massage t-shirts.. :)
Go for it, follow your dream, buy the plane ticket, but remember if you have every piece of paper under the sun that states you are qualified in 10 different languages then you have probably wasted alot of money..sorry..
Wish you all the best...be the best..
Much love
x

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Must be nice that Moses River from the UK was able to do all that in those countries without sponsorship because my fiancee went to school in America and completed his studies in Massage Therapy in Australia where he is now because we are unable to find him a sponsor here in America so he can work legally and no one in America will just "go with the flow" as they apparently do in those countries. Any thoughts on how he can get sponsorship in the Washington, DC area???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hi
I'll be honest and say that the one reason I haven't worked in the USA is because of the amount of red tape you guys have...
It's horrible and I wish it wasn't so..
Beautiful country with a few beautiful people but impossible to work in...you guys really do worry too much about rules and regs..
My advice is to move somewhere else...
You know you want too!!!
Do it
x

49 months ago

You are not wrong there. I would love to move to London actually but I have worked in government all my life and I'm sure it is not that easy to get a government job there and housing is far too expensive to try living off my fiance doing only massage therapy. Speaking of, is there a visa process to work and live in the UK in general?

49 months ago

Fiancee_of_an_Aussie in Bethesda, Maryland said: You are not wrong there. I would love to move to London actually but I have worked in government all my life and I'm sure it is not that easy to get a government job there and housing is far too expensive to try living off my fiance doing only massage therapy. Speaking of, is there a visa process to work and live in the UK in general?

There is indeed, normally pretty easy for an aussie though, having done it the other way myself twice (working in Oz), but much harder for an American. Depending on his age though they generally don't give visa's as easily to massage therapists as well.
Tis a difficult one, obviously it would be easy for you to move too Oz, don't ya like it? I loved it over there and will probably go back in the future..
Go on, get married and settle in Oz for a bit...

life is short!

49 months ago

The plan is more like getting married over here and getting dual citizenship. You are right. Life is too short and the older you get the quicker it goes. Just wish things were simpler when it comes to issues like this but oh well. I love this forum because you get to seek advice of others with similar issues for resolution. Cheers.

49 months ago

I wish you all the best..
On a final note, I trained with the Brandon Raynor school of massage in NZ, they are an aussie company based in Sydney. In the future I would love to work for them on an international level. If your hubby to be was working for them they would station him in USA and he could be their man on the ground teaching throughout the states..
Sounds ideal in my ideal world.. :)
So basically he needs a job with an International (Australian) massage company based in the USA, it is possible..
All the best..
Much love
x

49 months ago

He graduated from the Q Academy Brisbane location. That is a really good idea about working for Brandon Raynor over here. If I recall correctly, there is also a school in Brisbane where he could go talk to. I will have him do that immediately. Thanks for that! Who knows - you may have just solved all our problems.

IM in Auckland, New Zealand

48 months ago

Cori in Dallas, Texas said: Is there a test you need to take to become certified to do massage or medical qi gong in New Zealand? My Husband who is in Chiropractic school and i plan on opening a clinic in New Zealand. But i can't find anything on a test. thanks for any info!

In NZ there is no test.

Its not so fascistly controled as in the united slaves,
in this way.
I grew up in the united slaves, so I speak from experience.

I happily left the u.s. 12 years ago n have been very successful
in continuing my professional Natural Health practice in NZ for the last 8 years, including Medicinal Herbalist, Massage Therapist, Counselor n Shiatsu therapist.

Likewise in Banos, Ecuador n Huaraz, Peru the 4 years prior to that
I had my business for some years part of the season in Huarz n part in Banos.

Ive been in the profession for 28 years.

My partner is from the UK/Austria and had her Natural Health practice as an acupunturist, as well as doing massage n other healing arts modalities.
In NZ on does have to get their qualifications reviewed n pass an examination to practice acupunture in NZ.

Kiwis are however not as open minded to natural Health as in the u.s.
There are many people however who are here.

Saviya in Seattle, Washington

48 months ago

Dina in Mount Shasta, California said: Hi Claire...Thank you for your help & all the information, I do need to join a maassage organization since I've let my own lapse. I'd be heading to Scotland for short stays , 4-6 weeks maybe longer over the next 10 plus years before my
husband retires! Once he does retire, his pension would take care of our finances so we wouldn't be on the Dole system. I'll check into the ITEC for sure, and would like to work legally while I am over there for my short stays.

I'll be sure to stay in touch with you, thanks. I've spent 2 months in the Highlands, have friends there and absolutely love it, no doubt I want to eventually live there. I'm off to check out organizations and the ITEC info,
thanks!

Cheers,
Dina

Did you ever find out what to do in Scotland? I'm a LMP in Washington State (11 years). Would like to see what my options would be.
Thanks!
Saviya

lmttiffany in Seattle, Washington

48 months ago

Rachel in Portland, Oregon said: I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Rachel~ I'm in Portland, OR and looking into also moving to Sweden for a few years to massage. Perhaps longer! I can't find anything to becoming a LMT out there. Have you found anything? I'm also looking into taking Swedish at PCC when I can find a class.

Eszter in Pinellas Park, Florida

48 months ago

Hi,
I am moving to Amsterdam soon. I am just graduating as a massage therapist in Florida right now. I have my degree,but I would like to know - maybe you can help me - what kind of licence i need in Netherlands to work with my degree over there? If you could give me any advice or name of any organisation, i would be more than grateful.

Eszter

kat in Seminole, Florida

48 months ago

Eszter in Pinellas Park, Florida said: Hi,
I am moving to Amsterdam soon. I am just graduating as a massage therapist in Florida right now. I have my degree,but I would like to know - maybe you can help me - what kind of licence i need in Netherlands to work with my degree over there? If you could give me any advice or name of any organisation, i would be more than grateful.

Eszter

I don't have a answer.Can Americans work in other countrys and do you speak the laungage ? I think Amsterdam is the perfect society.A free and open society with more personal rights than america.Good luck and enjoy each moment.

Eszter in Pinellas Park, Florida

48 months ago

I am not american. I am from the Eu so I have all the legal rights to move inside the EU. I spoke four languages - the dutch not yet - but in Netherlands everybody speaks english. So nobody has disadvantage because of the languages. I am planning to work on the area of sport. But will see.Maybe in hotel or spa - so the langauges will be my strength.
In Netherlands as a foreign person you can attend to free language class for foreign people. Well, I speak german very good, so I do not have problem to understand the dutch either.I just need to know if I need special licence over there and if somebody knows where to turn to.

Saviya in Seattle, Washington

48 months ago

kat in Seminole, Florida said: I don't have a answer.Can Americans work in other countrys and do you speak the laungage ? I think Amsterdam is the perfect society.A free and open society with more personal rights than america.Good luck and enjoy each moment.

Hello there,,,,

I just spent 13 months in Amsterdam and enjoyed it a lot. They don't have a ton of "laws" like americans do. I asked around about massage licence and everyone said you have more education than you have to have there. I would still call around to people who are calling themselves a massage therapist have for licences. I did massage out of my place and did pretty well. I put up flyers at the gyms and just told my friends about it. Towards the end of my stay I had about 10 regulars and didn't work real hard to get them. Also, people don't pay a lot for massages there. The going rate is about 35-40 euros an hour. I charged 35 1hr and 50 1 1/2hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Lisburn, United Kingdom

47 months ago

For those of you who are looking for information about Massage in Sweden, here are two links that may be of interest (the sites are Swedish, but both have English sections, and the rest is possible to Google/Babelfish).

www.svenskmassage.se/sve/start/english.php - Swedish Massage Advisory Council.

www.axelsons.com/ - THE leading school for future Therapists in Sweden.

If you need any further information, especially when in comes to "official" stuff, if you can't find online information in English, contact a Swedish Embassy or consulate, as I'm sure they will assist you.

Good Luck!

PJ in Lisburn, United Kingdom

47 months ago

anika in Stockholm, Sweden said: Sorry, I married a Swede. Getting a work permit will be close to impossible unless you know Swedish..so forget about it. They try VERY hard to keep foreigners out here. These people are racist and elitist for NO REASON AT ALL. I would NEVER come here, if I had to do it over again.

I suppose that you are entitled to your opinion, but I would like to point out that a) Per Capita, Sweden accepts more immigrants than almost any other country b) Don't know which part of the country you have settled in, but read any guide book about Stockholm and it is described as International, Cosmopolitan and a MIX of influences. If you are stuck in some provincial town 'out and about' things may be different, but in my experience goes for the UK and the US. c) Yes, it is more involved than just going, but I'd say less than what I had to go through before I moved to Canada, or later to the US, so why so surprised. d) You don't HAVE to speak Swedish, but it is reasonable to expect someone working in Sweden to be able to communicate with all potential clients in a language they understand. I have friends who worked in Sweden for years without really learning the language since most swedes speak good English.
e) Finally, and not wanting to lower the tone on this board, but I find it ironic that someone commenting on a Massage board, seems to be in such dire need of a Massage (whether for general tension, or for 'Female Afflictions' I don't know)

Hugs...

PS Anyone looking at moving to Sweden ought to take a peak at www.sweden.se/ which has information about moving to Sweden.

MassageFreak in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

47 months ago

I am a SC resident and certified in Massage Therapy through the newer MBLEx test. Now I am moving to Australia in a few months. Would anyone know if my license will be transferable/valid to Australia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.