Is this good for a student?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

vanillabean489 in Stillwater, Minnesota

24 months ago

So I'm in school for massage therapy and absolutely love it. We just started working on clients a few days ago, and out of 7 clients I've gotten 3 rebooks, and 3 that personally asked for my card and student number so that when they figure out their schedule they would come in to see me.

Anyway, I know this is just a school, but are these numbers good, and would they reflect how I will do in the real world?

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Edie in Charlotte, North Carolina

24 months ago

Congratulations on starting your clinics! It's an exciting time, for sure. Those numbers sound great- in the real world, though, you may get those 3 rebooks, and then they may not come back for a massage for a month, and you may not be available to take them when they do, so they go to another therapist. And the three who asked for your card, may very well lose it. In fact, you might find it in the parking lot on your way out of work. This sounds really negative- it's not. The truth is, it will take you time to build a client base in the real world, and it won't happen overnight. But if you're personable and caring, you will build one. It sounds like you're off to a great start! Good luck:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.