NCBTMB VS MBLEx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 139)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

April in Tampa, Florida

62 months ago

Shauwn in Tampa, Florida said: April, What did you study on Massagenerd.com?

Everything with exception of Chinese Medicine and Chakras.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

slawka in Fort Myers, Florida

60 months ago

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: One more thing...If Minnesota does not have a licensing board or agency, should I just print off the application for the MBLEx and send it in?
Thanks, -April

Yes & yes. I went to school in Chicago took the NCBTMB 3x failed every time. I moved to Florida & heard about the MBLEX took it passed the first time. Fill out the app & send in your transcripts ( don't even think you need to) but make sure. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Independence, Missouri

60 months ago

I took the NESL(early testing of NCBTMB)4 weeks prior to my finish date of school. I passed, it was easy. The testing center said I did very well. They do not reveal score unless I request and pay for it. I thought the questions were very direct. I never felt they were misleading. Either you know the stuff or not. MTTI-Wellsprings in Kansas City prepared me well for the test. They tells us to decide for ourselves which test to take. Missouri accepts both. I use the study guide REVIEW FOR THERAPUTIC MASSAGE AND BODYWORK EXAM by Joseph Ahton and DUke Cassel. I bought it on amazon.com. One of our instructor recommended this guide. It was awesome with online study games and pretesting. There are also testing in this guide. I just searched for every test I could and took them.
By the way, when I graduate I will upgrade my cerification to NCBTMB status. So presently I am a CMT and upon Missouri licensure I become LMT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shorty in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

hi maria just wondering what school did u attend. I am from miami and my school did the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

i went to Sheridan technical school...now i cant concntrate to my review coz am still working on my VPI class...so what exam do you plan to take..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CMB2010 in Beaumont, Texas

59 months ago

I am taking the NCBTM monday the 13th..again okay if i fail i will take my mblex...my school shut down and all my records i have were sent to NCBTM will i be able to get that back or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KarLMT in Naples, Florida

59 months ago

Lorna in Portland, Oregon said: Randy,

The NCETMB is an exam given by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork It contains CAM or Complimentary Alternative Medicine questions. If you are entering a massage field that uses Chinese medicine then this is the exam for you, if not then I would recommend the MBLEx.

The MBLEx is given by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, it is a newer exam that was designed by the state boards to eliminate the use of deterring and CAM questions for the newly graduated massage student. The exam is straight forward and to the point. You know it or you don't.

The other difference is the NCETMB is a privet owned establishment with just a certification, the MBLEx is a government owned organization with a licesure.

Here are the links to my information pages:
www.massage-exam.com/ncetmb.php

www.massage-exam.com/fsmtb-mblex.php

Good luck! Enjoy your journey.

Lorna
lorna@massage-exam.com

That's not true. You get a LICENSE upon completing the NCTMB exam, not just a certificate. The NCTMB exam is a national certification not just a state acknowledge test like the mblex. Definitely take the NCTMB if possible...Mblex seems to be a cop out for alot of people who don't think they can pass the national exam..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Miami, Florida

59 months ago

hi everyone...if im gonna pass the mblex what are the requirements to get your license? do i need a certificate from my school or just transcript? thank you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

slawka in Cape Coral, Florida

59 months ago

Hey Lorna, Where are you from, sounds like you're in a position to give people advice. Better get your facts right & make sure the information you put out is accurate. That was certainly wrong information "The other difference is the NCETMB is a privet owned establishment with just a certification, the MBLEx is a government owned organization with a licesure." WRONG It's the other way around, actually you get a license if you pass either one but the most prestigious of the two is the NCBTMB. Please do not give critical information out to people if you DO NOT KNOW! I have been down that road & have been given the wrong info which caused some serious additional time & $ so I will do everything in my power to get people like yourself out of these roles. Just say I don't know or look it up first!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lorna in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Good morning all,

Just to clarify, the information I posted is correct. The National CERTIFICATION Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork cannot issue a license, only a CERTIFICATION. Then when you have passed this exam you may apply with your state to receive your License to practice.

Depending on your state requirements you have options as to the exam you choose. The Massage and Bodywork LICENSING Exam or MBLEx was designed for a new graduate of a 500 hour basic curriculum program. So yes it will be more straight forward then the NCETMB/NCETM. When you pass the MBLEx you receive a license, then you must apply with your state after passing the exam for the State license to practice.

The NCBTMB has the option (if your state requires it or if you like another certificate on your wall) to pay an annual fee to actually be a certified member with member benefits. They have also started another system to have an advanced CERTIFICATE that you can test for to show that you have advanced knowledge.

The MBLEx scores your receive will also tell you if you have advanced knowledge of Massage. A passing score is 600, with the scale starting at 300 and ending at 900. The Federation started out with the hopes the the NCBTMB would work with them in clarifying their exam questions, however they opted out of the union saying their exams didn't need improvement. Now they have been forced to make improvements and have spent money in the courts to try and stop the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) who administer the MBLEx from becoming the only exam accepted in certain states, including or most importantly Florida.

All of the information I have posted and will post in the future is also on the respective websites, or in Massage articles available online with MassageMag.com or Massage & Bodywork, you can research the info out for yourselves.

I hope this helps, have a wonderful day.

Lorna
Massage-Exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Oh, one more thing.

The word National does not mean that it is accepted in every state. Nor dose the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards MBLEx get you an automatic go to practice in all states, Yet. It is up to each state and their regulations if they accept the results of your exam or not. Sometimes when you move and try to get reciprocity, some states will require you to have more schooling if you don't have their required amount of hours or take another exam.

For example... Hawaii will not accept the results from the NCBTMB or MBLEx, they will require you to take their state administered exam in order to obtain a license to practice. You must contact the state board of the state you move to in order to obtain the information necessary to practice within that state.

One of the main reasons the Federation was started was to make it possible to have standardized regulations for each state making it possible to obtain a license in another state without having to do anything more then apply for the state License. If you look at the history of the Massage community as a whole you will find that, many imperative organizations have been started or formed in the last 4 years, to complete this standardizing effort for the benefit of us all.

I Love Massage :)

Lorna
massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Once again, I have to tell you that your information in incorrect. Neither the NCRTMB nor the MBLEX hands you a license upon passing. With the NCBTMB you get certification but need to apply & pay for a license to work in your state.

With the MBLEX you are not certified but nor do you receive a license. After passing either one of these tests you have to apply & pay for the licensure which is around $200. They are both seperate. So figure $200 for the exam then another $200 for the license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

EVERYONE LISTEN UP! THE INFORMATION ON THESE FORUMS IS NOT BASED ON TRUE FACTS. THESE ARE PEOPLE GIVING THEIR OWN OPPINIONS. OTHERS POSING TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY DO NOT. RESEARCH THE TWO OUT ON YOUR OWN BECAUSE THE INFORMATION THIS LOMA IS GIVING OUT IS INACCURATE. BOTH TESTS INCLUDE CAM THERE WERE OTHER UNTRUE STATEMENTS I HAVE POSTED IN OTHER EMAILS. BUT PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR OWN GO TO THE WEBSITES DIRECTLY RATHER THAN LISTEN TO SOMEONE GIVING OUT FALSE INFORMAION!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lorna in Vancouver, Washington

59 months ago

Geri,

I am not arguing with you, I am simply trying to get the facts straight. Anyone reading these comments will be able to tell that you are reiterating my points I have already made in the previous comments.

About 50% of my work week includes Massage research. I have researched each state regulations and all the parties involved in obtaining a license to practice massage. Also, I have helped over 7500 students of massage across the nation to obtain a passing score on their respective exams. So it is my job to know what is required and have been giving this advise for over 4 years. If I don't have the answer I research it, and would never give out any incorrect information that I have not first confirmed with the exam administration, state board website or on the phone with that state board itself.

Talking about research, I took the liberty of perusing the past comments you posted and found this one that starts out like this:

"slawka in Cape Coral, Florida

I practiced in Ill for four yrs with no license, never was I asked for one in a medical facility working for a chiropractor, nor at the tennis facility, nor any of the spas that I worked at for 4 yrs."

Just to confirm, there are consequences for practicing without a license within a state that requires a license. In most states, each massage performed without a license would have a fee attached to it, also each year practiced would also have a fee. The establishment that employed unlicensed "therapists" also get fined or if bad enough shutdown.

State Regulations and Laws are put in place to insure the safety of the public.

Illinois State Board for Massage was put into place in 2003. Their Massage Licensing Act Section (225 ILCS 57/45)Grounds for Discipline.

ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2469&ChapAct=225%26nbsp%3BILCS%26nbsp%3B57%2F&ChapterID=24&ChapterName=PROFESSIONS+AND+OCCUPATIONS&ActName=Massage+Licensing+Act

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

When these Laws and Regulations are not adhered to, the whole Massage community suffers. We are trying to be a respected profession. In order to do that all the massage students (we never stop learning) must respect All the laws.

Each organization within the Massage profession plays an important roll for the establishment of a legitimate Organized profession and in order to do that, each state must first be regulated and then all the states must unite to further the progression of establishing a reputable profession that the community at large can trust.

I will be the first to admit that I do not know everything there is to know about massage and its community. But what I can tell you is that I love it all, I am passionate about my work and all it entails and I can only hope it shows in the work that I do.

To Research!, have a great day.

Lorna
massage-exam.com

maria in Miami, Florida

59 months ago

hi,,
anyone can tell me what are the requirements in getting the license after you pass the mblex? thank u

59 months ago

Maria,

Here is the link to the FL application:

www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/massage/ap_massage.pdf

Within the application is a list of the requirements and instructions.

I hope this helps, have a great day.

Lorna
massage-exam.com

superbad in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

09ly0n3 said: so iv taken the "NCETMB" twice now. . . first missed by 20. . . second missed by 2, ye 2,. major bull, i study fairly hard. but most of the content of the test was things i felt i wasnt taught in school. MBLEx any EASIEEERRR ya think?

i took the NCBTMB twice missing it by 20 then 1. I took MBLeX and gave NCBTMB the middle finger. i was fed up with the trick questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ajack in Silver Spring, Maryland

58 months ago

Lorna, Thanks so much for all your helpful information. It's unfortunate that some others on this board are so unclear on the process, and what's correct and incorrect information. All your information is correct, as you know! And, it's very helpful. I will be taking the MBLEx tomorrow. I feel very confident that I can pass both the MBLEx and the NCBTM. I've selected to take the MBLEx because I believe it's the future of massage therapy. It's a fantastic step forward for massage therapy and is attempting to put the profession more on the level with physical therapists and other health professionals. PTs and doctors don't take a "certification" exam to become a PT or doc, they take a national board exam to become liscensed. It's wonderful that the state liscensing boards have become involved in the Federation and are working to streamline the whole process for all of us. It's also cool to see the American Massage Therapy Association endorsing the MBLEx as the best entry-level massage therapy exam, that encourages mobility between states. I would encourage anyone who is confused about the process or the newer exam to read the Federation's Web site and FAQs. Very helpful, very direct and easy to understand. I fully support an organization like this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Choonks in Minneapolis, Minnesota

58 months ago

Hello ajack,

I moved from MD to GA am preparing for to take the test as well, (I know it says Minneapolis)I checked the Mblx site and thought that MD,VA and DC are not accepting Mblex. Has this changed?

Lorna in Dallas, Oregon

58 months ago

Thanks Ajack,

The Massage Community is growing and these are important steps to insure its success. :)

Choonks,

GA does accept the MBLEx, here is the information page:

www.massage-exam.com/georgia-massage.php

DC- Yes
www.massage-exam.com/district-columbia-massage.php

VA- No
www.massage-exam.com/virginia-massage.php

MD- No
www.massage-exam.com/maryland-massage.php

I hope this helps, Have a great day.

Lorna
massage-exam.com

Kate in Washington, District of Columbia

58 months ago

Also, VA is "researching" the idea of accepting the MBLEx at this time, while MD is considering participating with the Federation as well. It might take a few more years to sort it out, but the majority of states do accept it now. If you look on their site, some of the states that look like they don't accept it actually don't regulate massage (yet). There's just a handful that are still considering it. Ultimately, I think all states will accept it. This is certainly a transitional time.

Rudsa in Miami, Florida

57 months ago

Hi, I've taken the NCETMB exam a couple of times and failed, and now I am going for the MBLEx. For those of you who have passed it, what have you found to be the major difference and how do I best prepare for this one.

Choonks in Minneapolis, Minnesota

57 months ago

Hello Rudsa, what study material did you use to study for the NCETMB? I am still going to take it despite many people saying they have failed it several times, but am wondering what you found to be the biggest challenge? Any particular section or verbiage used?

Rudsa in Miami, Florida

57 months ago

No particularly verbiage. It's just that every time I take it is night from day. One time it was all oriental, and this time it was body functions. I am tired and I don't like the idea of going back to school once you have maxed. That is putting more money into the pocket of the school.

But you should just study everyting..Best of luck

jz in Cape Coral, Florida

57 months ago

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I live in Minnesota and there is currently no requirements for a massage therapist. However, my boss would like to be certified or licensed. I took the NCBTMB 3 times, and failed each time, by only 14 points!! It was very hard, I was on the dean's list almost ever quarter in college so I didn't take that very well. Now, they want me to go back to school for 100 hours before I can retest for the forth time and pay another $225. So...instead of doing that I think I would like to try the MBLEx exam. Does anyone know of a good website for practice testing?

massagenerd.com

QTPie in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

KarLMT in Naples, Florida said: That's not true. You get a LICENSE upon completing the NCTMB exam, not just a certificate. The NCTMB exam is a national certification not just a state acknowledge test like the mblex. Definitely take the NCTMB if possible...Mblex seems to be a cop out for alot of people who don't think they can pass the national exam..........

It's just a name there's no difference,there's no such thing as national certification.Each state is different,and has different rules.My teacher used to be on the Florida State Board of Massage Therapy she says the national exam is just a name it doesn't certify you nationally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kurtis oblinger

56 months ago

thanks for the info. there is good money in race horse right now....just sayin.

LMBTamadi in Monroe, North Carolina

56 months ago

Question about my license. I took the MBLEx test last year and my license expires next december 2011. My instructor told us that the first 2 years of CEUs (09-11) would a 'given' and we weren't required to finish the required 24 CEUs for those 2 years. She also said that we didnt have to do CEUs for the next 2 years after that (11-13), since my education was a two year program (that second year would count as 24 CEU's for those 2 years). How would I find out if that is true? If it is, does that mean I don't need to do CEUs until 2013?
Thanks- hope my question makes sense. if it doesn't I'll try to re-word it.
amadi

LMBTamadi in Monroe, North Carolina

55 months ago

LMBTamadi in Monroe, North Carolina said: Question about my license. I took the MBLEx test last year and my license expires next december 2011. My instructor told us that the first 2 years of CEUs (09-11) would a 'given' and we weren't required to finish the required 24 CEUs for those 2 years. She also said that we didnt have to do CEUs for the next 2 years after that (11-13), since my education was a two year program (that second year would count as 24 CEU's for those 2 years). How would I find out if that is true? If it is, does that mean I don't need to do CEUs until 2013?
Thanks- hope my question makes sense. if it doesn't I'll try to re-word it.
amadi

anyone have an answer? Do I need to just email the national board and ask them? any advice would be awesome.
thanks

55 months ago

It would be best to contact the NC Board. They are the ones in charge of your actual License. Here is a link to our NC state page with contact and link info: www.massage-exam.com/north-carolina-massage.php

The NCEBTMB has a certificate that they give. If you are certified with them they do require CEUs to be done. Their information page on our site is: www.massage-exam.com/ncetmb.php

I know when I graduated I was in school for a year and the same principle applied to my state license for the first two years. What your instructor said sounds right to me, but I would confirm it with your state board. When your yearly renewal comes in the mail from your state they will show the year your CEUs are due.

I hope this helps, have a great day.

Lorna
massage-exam.com

FloridaMassageStudent in Orlando, Florida

54 months ago

slawka in Cape Coral, Florida said: Once again, I have to tell you that your information in incorrect. Neither the NCRTMB nor the MBLEX hands you a license upon passing. With the NCBTMB you get certification but need to apply & pay for a license to work in your state.

With the MBLEX you are not certified but nor do you receive a license. After passing either one of these tests you have to apply & pay for the licensure which is around $200. They are both seperate. So figure $200 for the exam then another $200 for the license.

If your in school,it's included in the lab fees.

massage0856@yahoo.com in Arnold, Missouri

54 months ago

thats is incorrect, its 195.00 for the mblex exam and 100.00 for the license

oldtimer in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

slawka in Cape Coral, Florida said: Hey Lorna, Where are you from, sounds like you're in a position to give people advice. Better get your facts right & make sure the information you put out is accurate. That was certainly wrong information "The other difference is the NCETMB is a privet owned establishment with just a certification, the MBLEx is a government owned organization with a licesure." WRONG It's the other way around, actually you get a license if you pass either one but the most prestigious of the two is the NCBTMB. Please do not give critical information out to people if you DO NOT KNOW! I have been down that road & have been given the wrong info which caused some serious additional time & $ so I will do everything in my power to get people like yourself out of these roles. Just say I don't know or look it up first!!!

Right on! I just passed the NCBTMB the first time i took it. The trick is. Study Study Study. Unfortunately i have found that many students study to memorize only. My advice to them is on anatomy and Kinesiology is go ro the gym and "feel" the muscles work that they are studying.
I had to take it on myself to do extra effort to pass that test. I do not settle for 2nd just because someone says its easier. The higher the training or skill you have the better chances of respect from oyhers in your profession.Also With the NCBTMB i understand i can practice it some other states beside my own. ( sounds like a fun vacation while making some additional income).
It also looks good on your Resune.

colin in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

53 months ago

i took both of them and the ncbtmb was harder than mblex i fail both test one time each and im thinking about going back one more time but i was going to take the ncbtmb i thought when you pass i would get the licnse i got my certificates from school so which test would be better because from ready everyone comm. it sounds like mblex is the better one and i thought ncbtmb was the bc you get ur license from them. could someone please let me know was up bc i toke them in 2009 and now its 2011 lol

Fedup in Parrish, Florida

53 months ago

I took the NCBTMB 2 times and failed it. Once I think by 30 something points and 2nd by 50. The organization sucks and I want to know how to go about this.
I want to take the mBLEX maybe. They make it too damn hard when it shouldnt be. Not to mention I will be moving out of state to CA to complicate things even more.. What to do? Help someone.

oldtimer in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

Fedup in Parrish, Florida said: I took the NCBTMB 2 times and failed it. Once I think by 30 something points and 2nd by 50. The organization sucks and I want to know how to go about this.
I want to take the mBLEX maybe. They make it too damn hard when it shouldnt be. Not to mention I will be moving out of state to CA to complicate things even more.. What to do? Help someone.

All i can tell you is how i studied to pass tha NCBTMB.
I reread our textbook. I found what my weak subjects were and concentrated on them.
I then bought the book "Massage Therapy Review" and studied that book. Also another good book is "Jobs Body".
I visited the museums to study anything on biology.
Pay attention to physiology. Once i understood "how" the body works, Ie: stretch reflex,nervous system, touch receptors etc. then i knew how to answer the questions. You owe it to your clients to know what youre doing when you touch them."do no harm"

Ralph Walker in Woodstock, Illinois

53 months ago

Randy Adkison in Orlando, Florida said: Could someone explain difference between these two please. Whether the state of Flordia recognizes the MBlex. Any helpful and insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated thanks

Florida does recognize the MBLEx and the best book available to help you pass that is Massage MBLEx State Board Exam Study Guide by Daphna Moore. I passed the exam and will be moving to Florida next month and already have a job waiting for me. Her book is the best book that I found because it is updated monthly with new questions that seem to be on the very latest exam. Good luck.

53 months ago

oldtimer in Houston, Texas said: All i can tell you is how i studied to pass tha NCBTMB.
I reread our textbook. I found what my weak subjects were and concentrated on them.
I then bought the book "Massage Therapy Review" and studied that book. Also another good book is "Jobs Body".
I visited the museums to study anything on biology.
Pay attention to physiology. Once i understood "how" the body works, Ie: stretch reflex,nervous system, touch receptors etc. then i knew how to answer the questions. You owe it to your clients to know what youre doing when you touch them."do no harm"

I thought I covered everything the day before the test, but this one asked a lot of questions about the scapula area and I could have got some of those wrong. I am not sure. I wanted to make that the primary section to study on though just incase. I also wasnt sure how to find the areas I am weak in unless its on my form that I get when I fail the exam that I have to send back. This is just very lousy because I know I am a good hands on bodyworker and this is just a stupid test to me. I might take the mBLEX instead.

Colin in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

I took both n fail study what u wea in n just look over what u good in im going bc for the national bc im good n chinese med fail kniso,a&p n past it in the mblex lol but want to past the nationals I think it look better on ur resume just ur weak point thata im doing right now lol good luck

53 months ago

Colin in Dallas, Texas said: I took both n fail study what u wea in n just look over what u good in im going bc for the national bc im good n chinese med fail kniso,a&p n past it in the mblex lol but want to past the nationals I think it look better on ur resume just ur weak point thata im doing right now lol good luck

I couldn't make out what you were saying man. I can't really answer stuff that looks like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gina S in Kissimmee, Florida

53 months ago

Ive took the NCETMB 3X and FAILED it. 1st time failed by 30pts.. 2nd time failed by 3 points( 3 stupid points) den i was like i was so close y not again.. ugh from 3 pts to 5pts like really!!! so tomorrow im takin the MBLEx... im a lil nervous cuz 4 times takin a test.. IM HOPIN ITS EASIER THEN THE NCETMB... cuz im going broke here bad enough i dont have a job.. any tips?

53 months ago

I am also unemployed so I have to save the money to take it off whatever I make on Ebay AND SSI. I went to school to begin with to try and better my situation but the difficulty of the test is keeping me home every day not getting practice. It is rather irritating NTM I am moving to California in 4 months due to a family situation so I need advice from someone on if I should wait until I get there OR try in FL again. Best route to take? I am just so unfocused to even study right now and funny thing is I have all the time to. Its a mental thing though. Failing it twice made me stop for awhile but maybe in California I will get my focus back because I sure am not here. Please help with advice because in my current location, I am just so unfocused to even think about passing in the state of FL even for the short time I am here and this is part of why. I will be facing a transition and dont know if I should do something about it now or wait. Its a lot of time and money so I am not hurrying back into it.

Oh and Lorna if your around here still, I plan to practice in Portland Oregon in the future. A few suggestions about how it is in Oregon would help as well.

Gina S in Kissimmee, Florida

53 months ago

it prob b better to take when u go back the worst thing to do is take a test with other things occupying ur mind.. u should b calm and relaxed.. from what my massage review says...

millijava in Spokane, Washington

53 months ago

slawka in Fort Myers, Florida said: Yes & yes. I went to school in Chicago took the NCBTMB 3x failed every time. I moved to Florida & heard about the MBLEX took it passed the first time. Fill out the app & send in your transcripts ( don't even think you need to) but make sure. Good luck!

As a LMP in Washington and also a spa owner I can tell you that couldnt care less which test you pass. Everyone out of massage school has a minimum of massage skill and will require much experience to be as good as they can be. All I look for is a valid license from the state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Hello Fedup in Perrish,

FL requires 500 hours and the passing of the NCETMB or MBLEx.
www.massage-exam.com/florida-massage.php

OR requires 500 hours, passing of the NCETM, NCETMB or MBLEx and a State Practical.

www.massage-exam.com/oregon-massage.php

Any time you are moving to another state it is always best to have a valid license from the state you move from. The FIRST STEP in moving to a new state is to contact the State board and find out if any additional requirements are needed. If you are newly graduated you can apply if the requirements are comparable.

For instance upon graduation I could have obtained a License in Washington and Oregon because I live right across the bridge and could travel and work in both states if I wanted to. All I needed to do was apply to each state and take the necessary exams to obtain both state licenses.

You could in essence apply for the CA license if you wanted to right now. Again the FIRST STEP is to contact the State board and find out if any additional requirements are required.

www.massage-exam.com/california-massage.php

Also a heads up on OR state practical it is a written and oral, you will need to show your knowledge on draping, placement/position, assessment, application of proper techniques for a pathology and Origin/Insertion direction of fibers and all actions of 60 muscles.. They will chose 4-6 muscles from those 60 to test you on (you will be working on an actual body).

All three states take the MBLEx, Good Luck! I hope this helps :)

53 months ago

Hello Fedup in Perrish,

OR requires 500 hours, passing of the NCETM, NCETMB or MBLEx and a State Practical.

Any time you are moving to another state it is always best to have a valid license from the state you move from. The FIRST STEP in moving to a new state is to contact the State board and find out if any additional requirements are needed. If you are newly graduated you can apply if the requirements are comparable.

For instance upon graduation I could have obtained a License in Washington and Oregon because I live right across the bridge and could travel and work in both states if I wanted to. All I needed to do was apply to each state and take the necessary exams to obtain both state licenses.

You could in essence apply for the CA license if you wanted to right now. Again the FIRST STEP is to contact the State board and find out if any additional requirements are required.

Also a heads up on OR state practical it is a written and oral, you will need to show your knowledge on draping, placement/position, assessment, application of proper techniques for a pathology and Origin/Insertion direction of fibers and all actions of 60 muscles.. They will chose 4-6 muscles from those 60 to test you on (you will be working on an actual body).

Lorna
massage-exam.com

53 months ago

massage0856@yahoo.com in Arnold, Missouri said: thats is incorrect, its 195.00 for the mblex exam and 100.00 for the license

So its 100 for the license? I was told 200 for the license wow.. Is it possible some people LIE?

53 months ago

Lorna in Portland, Oregon said: Hello Fedup in Perrish,

Lorna
massage-exam.com

In Oregon I heard you were monitored by one person during the test like it was on a one to one level. Someone I talked to said they didn't like this, but to me it sounded fine. I am easily just as nervous with many people in a room without anyone standing over me like it is in FL.
So technically if I transfer to CA or OR, I don't have to take any additional schooling?

53 months ago

Lorna in Portland, Oregon said: Hello Fedup in Perrish,

Lorna
massage-exam.com

ALSO.. Its really important to try to get licensed in FL even if I am there a SHORT time, just so it supposedly looks better going somewhere else? I was told if I am doing the mBLEX that its best if I wait until I get there and have nothing on my mind like moving or any other distractions that being in FL will bring to me. What do you say to this?

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.