NCBTMB VS MBLEx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 170)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Randy Adkison in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

Could someone explain difference between these two please. Whether the state of Flordia recognizes the MBlex. Any helpful and insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lorna in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Randy,

The NCETMB is an exam given by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork It contains CAM or Complimentary Alternative Medicine questions. If you are entering a massage field that uses Chinese medicine then this is the exam for you, if not then I would recommend the MBLEx.

The MBLEx is given by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, it is a newer exam that was designed by the state boards to eliminate the use of deterring and CAM questions for the newly graduated massage student. The exam is straight forward and to the point. You know it or you don't.

The other difference is the NCETMB is a privet owned establishment with just a certification, the MBLEx is a government owned organization with a licesure.

Here are the links to my information pages:
www.massage-exam.com/ncetmb.php

www.massage-exam.com/fsmtb-mblex.php

Good luck! Enjoy your journey.

Lorna
lorna@massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Miami, Florida

57 months ago

Lorna:
\I thought that the MBLEX also included CAM? To practice a modality that uses Chinese Medicine would you not need to take a course and get certified anyway?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dyamondhandsOn in Hialeah, Florida

57 months ago

hey all i know is that i toke the MBLEx and passed it first time around with only one night to study and i have friends that have taken the NCETMB twice and are still trying to come up with money to TRY to pass it again and i even have a friend who on the 5th time finally passed it. it;s up to you you know the info or don't don't kill yourself tryen to make sure you know everything chances are there will be some stuff on the test that you didn't cram for and that will freak you out so it's up to you to have the self esteem or BALLS to go in there and take it and pass and hope that what you have learned in the pass was really processed and learned and that you get easy questions LOL (any thing you want to ask you can hit me up at DYAMONDTOUCHSPA@gmail.com Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda B. in Kennewick, Washington

56 months ago

I am preparing to take the MBLEX on the 17th of this month. I'm a little nervous, any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

naturescape in Cove, Arkansas

55 months ago

I graduated from Missouri College in St. Louis, December 2006 and took the NCETMB twice. Missed the first exam by 10 points. It was a tough exam. I moved to Arkansas in 2008 and had to retest, taking the MBLEx and a required Massage Law Exam as well. The MBLEx was easier than the NCETMB. After all of the upheaval that went on in the State of Arkansas with the State Legislature and the Massage Therapy Board, I finally received my license this past November, 2009.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shell in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

My school( florida career college) prepared me for the ncbtmb, does it matter if i decide to take the mblex instead? The mblex gives you a license right? Since you dont have to send any transcripts when signing up for the test, after you take the mblex what do you do next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

The MBLEx was designed to be a straightforward exam, with no confusing or deterring questions and answers. The NCETM/TMB utilizes deterrents that may be confusing. The other difference is the content. The MBLEx is geared more toward a newly graduating student. Whereas the NCETM/TMB has extra CAM modality application and assessment tool content geared more towards a graduate that has had continuing education credits or an Asian approach to their curriculum.

Plus after taking the NCETMB exam 3 times you are required to take additional clock hours in school in order to take the NCETMB exam again.

Does your state accept both exams?

Lorna
lorna@massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota

51 months ago

I live in Minnesota and there is currently no requirements for a massage therapist. However, my boss would like to be certified or licensed. I took the NCBTMB 3 times, and failed each time, by only 14 points!! It was very hard, I was on the dean's list almost ever quarter in college so I didn't take that very well. Now, they want me to go back to school for 100 hours before I can retest for the forth time and pay another $225. So...instead of doing that I think I would like to try the MBLEx exam. Does anyone know of a good website for practice testing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota

51 months ago

One more thing...If Minnesota does not have a licensing board or agency, should I just print off the application for the MBLEx and send it in?
Thanks, -April

Mel in Panama City, Florida

50 months ago

I took the NCBTMB exam twice! First time, missed it by 7 pts! Second time, missed it by 5 pts. Very frustrating! I too agree that there was content on the exam that was not addressed in school. Material I never seen or heard of! I have written an appeal(over a month ago) contesting the content of the exam to the NCBTMB, but they keep giving me the run around! Out of the students who graduated w/me and have taken the NCBTMB, only one have passed it and she was an A student in class and she stated how hard the exam was. I have signed up to take the Mblex in June.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cmb2010 in beaumont, Texas

50 months ago

i just took the NCETM (withouth asian modalities) i failed by 5 pts!! im trying to decide if i should take the mblex my question is.... has anyone taken both tests and which one is easier!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

April in Tampa, Florida

50 months ago

Mel in Panama City, Florida said: I took the NCBTMB exam twice! First time, missed it by 7 pts! Second time, missed it by 5 pts. Very frustrating! I too agree that there was content on the exam that was not addressed in school. Material I never seen or heard of! I have written an appeal(over a month ago) contesting the content of the exam to the NCBTMB, but they keep giving me the run around! Out of the students who graduated w/me and have taken the NCBTMB, only one have passed it and she was an A student in class and she stated how hard the exam was. I have signed up to take the Mblex in June.

Don't feel to bad... I failed it 3 times by 6 pts. I written to NCBTMB and called them wondering what or which questions i missed from keeping me from passing. Now I am taking the MBLEX test soon. This is really frustrating, When I really feel that NCBTMB should give some explanation. I personnally think they make you fail on purpose so you shell more $$. Good Luck with MBLEX.

sunshine04 in Saint Louis, Missouri

50 months ago

I have taken the ncetmb 4 times and failed each time, then i took the mblex test and failed im about to take the mblex test over, Mblex is easier than the ncetmb.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jen112 in Tampa, Florida

50 months ago

Today I am taking the MBLEX and I'm nervous, I've taking the NCBTB 3 times and failed all 3 by only a few points. I have bad anxiety when it comes to test taking, is their anyone online that can help me before 10:30 am?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

slawka in Fort Myers, Florida

49 months ago

If I went to school in Illinois & recieved transcripts & certificate for 600 hrs & took the NCBTMB 3x & failed can I take the MBLEX without going to school here in Fl?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

April in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

slawka in Fort Myers, Florida said: If I went to school in Illinois & recieved transcripts & certificate for 600 hrs & took the NCBTMB 3x & failed can I take the MBLEX without going to school here in Fl?

yes..... you take as many times.

49 months ago

SO I do NOT need to go to school in FLORIDA to take my MBLEX even though the school I went to in Illinois is one of the states that does NOT offer MBLEX test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shell7885 in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

I am kinda going threw that same problem. I went to florida career college and they prepaired me for the ncbtmb, I took it once and failed by 12 points. They are holding my diploma till i pass my boards. I want to take the mblex but i am not sure that if i take the test and pass that if i bring that to the school that they might not take it becuase its not the ncb. They are some a$$holes. They want you to fail so you can go to school for another 6 weeks and pay more money. I already bought off amazon the mblex study guide and work book. it brushes up everything and it doesnt thave all that meridian crap. I know how to massage dammit, test me on that bit%$.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

shell7885 in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I live in Minnesota and there is currently no requirements for a massage therapist. However, my boss would like to be certified or licensed. I took the NCBTMB 3 times, and failed each time, by only 14 points!! It was very hard, I was on the dean's list almost ever quarter in college so I didn't take that very well. Now, they want me to go back to school for 100 hours before I can retest for the forth time and pay another $225. So...instead of doing that I think I would like to try the MBLEx exam. Does anyone know of a good website for practice testing?

I bought the mblex study guide and work book. They go over everything and its easy to read.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

massagenerd.com best site you can take practice tests. I think it's the best study medium & it's free!
I took the MBLEX passed after failing the NCEMTB.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TanyaHazelwood in Narrows, Virginia

49 months ago

i graduated school 6 years ago, took Nat Cert- failed now am taking MBLEx tomorrow and am freakin out!!! can anyone tell me what kind of questions are on it???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

doug in Bluefield, West Virginia

49 months ago

I took it in Charleston earlier this month. It wasn't super hard. The test has questions on ethics, anatomy, massage strokes, business law/taxes, and pathology. I graduated back in 2000 and passed. Some good study sites are Massagenerd.com and massage prep. Good luck!!

49 months ago

oh yeah i've been using massagenerd.com for 2 months as study guide< it's great! also bought a study guide and practice exam from AMAZON.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

[I am going in circles re my dilemma: I graduated massage school in Ill in 2005 with 600 hrs. Now I live in Fl I found the guidlines of what i need & have those hours I have emailed the board of Fl they are telling me i need to call Mblex, & you guessed it Mblex tells me i need to contact the board. Does anyone know if I can get my license without going back to school. Can I just take my MBLEX without additional classes here to get my Fl license?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lorna in Vancouver, Washington

49 months ago

Florida requires 500 hours.

Here is our state page information:
www.massage-exam.com/florida-massage.php

The MBLEX information page:

Looks like you meet the requirements to me. I say fill out the application send it into the MBLEx, pass the exam and do the state application process. If they are passing the buck their must not be any issues. Have you been practicing in another state or did you graduate in FL and not use your training?

Good Luck!
Lorna
massage-exam.com

49 months ago

I practiced in Ill for four yrs with no license, never was I asked for one in a medical facility working for a chiropractor, nor at the tennis facility, nor any of the spas that I worked at for 4 yrs. But in moving to Fl they seem to be so dead set on having a license tha I want to a school to see if I could take the Fl law, HIV/AIDS classes that are required here. I was told that I need an additional 186 hrs on top of the 600 I already had from IL.
So I registered for the classes i was told I needed, which all along I did not feel I needed, seems they titled the allied modlity classes differently but I had more than enough. Anyway while in school one of the teachers & a few colleagues also told me I should not have had to take additional classes. I paid another $2K for school, took the Mblex, passed & am now awaiting to recived my license, however more & more people that I talk to have told me the same thing, I should not had to take additional classes. I have written the board, after reading the guidlines/qualifications needed in this state, & they keep giving me the run around with "I need to call MBLEX", MBLEX tells me I need to call the Massage Board. I have called & emailed so many people, I'm about to give up, which is what they are hoping I do.
I feel the school which is a private entity, gave me false information to get $$ which at this I don't have, with no job.
Thanks for listening
Geri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Geri,
Since you've taken the MBLEx can you give me some questions from it? I take it tomorrow!!!

49 months ago

While it is true, with reciprocity there may be changes in requirements. This is always left up to the discretion of the State Board. Not the licensing (MBLEx)/certificate (NCETM/TMB) organizations. I think the hold up might be in the FL State Requirements:

"""In order to qualify for licensure by endorsement you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must hold a current and valid license to practice massage therapy in another state.
2. That license must have been issued upon graduation from a massage therapy school approved by that
state.
3. That license must have been issued upon passage of one of the exams offered by the National

Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. """

Check the Ill requirements for licensure:

www.idfpr.com/dpr/who/masst.asp
**Massage Therapists Rules

(Section 1284.10 Requirements for Licensure Under Section 20 of the Act (Grandfather)

Your school may have been right in asking you to have more hours. Mainly because of not having a current or valid license. I know this might not be what you wanted to hear, but unless you have proof of Continuing education classes and a license the extra hours where necessary.

Its always good to be current with the laws of your state and know the reciprocity laws of the state you wish to move your practice to. Massage-Exam.com has all the state information pages, with links and basic information. Its a great starting point.

I hope this helps,

Lorna
massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

April in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

I passed the MBLEX!!!! All I can say is the questions are direct. I study the Massagernerd.com, I did purchase the Mblex, State Exams Guide booklet, yet I found it got me more confused.

Shauwn in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

April, What did you study on Massagenerd.com?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

April in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

Shauwn in Tampa, Florida said: April, What did you study on Massagenerd.com?

Everything with exception of Chinese Medicine and Chakras.

48 months ago

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: One more thing...If Minnesota does not have a licensing board or agency, should I just print off the application for the MBLEx and send it in?
Thanks, -April

Yes & yes. I went to school in Chicago took the NCBTMB 3x failed every time. I moved to Florida & heard about the MBLEX took it passed the first time. Fill out the app & send in your transcripts ( don't even think you need to) but make sure. Good luck!

Pam in Independence, Missouri

48 months ago

I took the NESL(early testing of NCBTMB)4 weeks prior to my finish date of school. I passed, it was easy. The testing center said I did very well. They do not reveal score unless I request and pay for it. I thought the questions were very direct. I never felt they were misleading. Either you know the stuff or not. MTTI-Wellsprings in Kansas City prepared me well for the test. They tells us to decide for ourselves which test to take. Missouri accepts both. I use the study guide REVIEW FOR THERAPUTIC MASSAGE AND BODYWORK EXAM by Joseph Ahton and DUke Cassel. I bought it on amazon.com. One of our instructor recommended this guide. It was awesome with online study games and pretesting. There are also testing in this guide. I just searched for every test I could and took them.
By the way, when I graduate I will upgrade my cerification to NCBTMB status. So presently I am a CMT and upon Missouri licensure I become LMT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shorty in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

hi maria just wondering what school did u attend. I am from miami and my school did the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

i went to Sheridan technical school...now i cant concntrate to my review coz am still working on my VPI class...so what exam do you plan to take..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CMB2010 in Beaumont, Texas

47 months ago

I am taking the NCBTM monday the 13th..again okay if i fail i will take my mblex...my school shut down and all my records i have were sent to NCBTM will i be able to get that back or what?

KarLMT in Naples, Florida

47 months ago

Lorna in Portland, Oregon said: Randy,

The NCETMB is an exam given by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork It contains CAM or Complimentary Alternative Medicine questions. If you are entering a massage field that uses Chinese medicine then this is the exam for you, if not then I would recommend the MBLEx.

The MBLEx is given by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, it is a newer exam that was designed by the state boards to eliminate the use of deterring and CAM questions for the newly graduated massage student. The exam is straight forward and to the point. You know it or you don't.

The other difference is the NCETMB is a privet owned establishment with just a certification, the MBLEx is a government owned organization with a licesure.

Here are the links to my information pages:
www.massage-exam.com/ncetmb.php

Good luck! Enjoy your journey.

Lorna
lorna@massage-exam.com

That's not true. You get a LICENSE upon completing the NCTMB exam, not just a certificate. The NCTMB exam is a national certification not just a state acknowledge test like the mblex. Definitely take the NCTMB if possible...Mblex seems to be a cop out for alot of people who don't think they can pass the national exam..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

hi everyone...if im gonna pass the mblex what are the requirements to get your license? do i need a certificate from my school or just transcript? thank you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

slawka in Cape Coral, Florida

47 months ago

Hey Lorna, Where are you from, sounds like you're in a position to give people advice. Better get your facts right & make sure the information you put out is accurate. That was certainly wrong information "The other difference is the NCETMB is a privet owned establishment with just a certification, the MBLEx is a government owned organization with a licesure." WRONG It's the other way around, actually you get a license if you pass either one but the most prestigious of the two is the NCBTMB. Please do not give critical information out to people if you DO NOT KNOW! I have been down that road & have been given the wrong info which caused some serious additional time & $ so I will do everything in my power to get people like yourself out of these roles. Just say I don't know or look it up first!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Good morning all,

Just to clarify, the information I posted is correct. The National CERTIFICATION Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork cannot issue a license, only a CERTIFICATION. Then when you have passed this exam you may apply with your state to receive your License to practice.

Depending on your state requirements you have options as to the exam you choose. The Massage and Bodywork LICENSING Exam or MBLEx was designed for a new graduate of a 500 hour basic curriculum program. So yes it will be more straight forward then the NCETMB/NCETM. When you pass the MBLEx you receive a license, then you must apply with your state after passing the exam for the State license to practice.

The NCBTMB has the option (if your state requires it or if you like another certificate on your wall) to pay an annual fee to actually be a certified member with member benefits. They have also started another system to have an advanced CERTIFICATE that you can test for to show that you have advanced knowledge.

The MBLEx scores your receive will also tell you if you have advanced knowledge of Massage. A passing score is 600, with the scale starting at 300 and ending at 900. The Federation started out with the hopes the the NCBTMB would work with them in clarifying their exam questions, however they opted out of the union saying their exams didn't need improvement. Now they have been forced to make improvements and have spent money in the courts to try and stop the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) who administer the MBLEx from becoming the only exam accepted in certain states, including or most importantly Florida.

All of the information I have posted and will post in the future is also on the respective websites, or in Massage articles available online with MassageMag.com or Massage & Bodywork, you can research the info out for yourselves.

I hope this helps, have a wonderful day.

Lorna
Massage-Exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Oh, one more thing.

The word National does not mean that it is accepted in every state. Nor dose the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards MBLEx get you an automatic go to practice in all states, Yet. It is up to each state and their regulations if they accept the results of your exam or not. Sometimes when you move and try to get reciprocity, some states will require you to have more schooling if you don't have their required amount of hours or take another exam.

For example... Hawaii will not accept the results from the NCBTMB or MBLEx, they will require you to take their state administered exam in order to obtain a license to practice. You must contact the state board of the state you move to in order to obtain the information necessary to practice within that state.

One of the main reasons the Federation was started was to make it possible to have standardized regulations for each state making it possible to obtain a license in another state without having to do anything more then apply for the state License. If you look at the history of the Massage community as a whole you will find that, many imperative organizations have been started or formed in the last 4 years, to complete this standardizing effort for the benefit of us all.

I Love Massage :)

Lorna
massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Once again, I have to tell you that your information in incorrect. Neither the NCRTMB nor the MBLEX hands you a license upon passing. With the NCBTMB you get certification but need to apply & pay for a license to work in your state.

With the MBLEX you are not certified but nor do you receive a license. After passing either one of these tests you have to apply & pay for the licensure which is around $200. They are both seperate. So figure $200 for the exam then another $200 for the license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

EVERYONE LISTEN UP! THE INFORMATION ON THESE FORUMS IS NOT BASED ON TRUE FACTS. THESE ARE PEOPLE GIVING THEIR OWN OPPINIONS. OTHERS POSING TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY DO NOT. RESEARCH THE TWO OUT ON YOUR OWN BECAUSE THE INFORMATION THIS LOMA IS GIVING OUT IS INACCURATE. BOTH TESTS INCLUDE CAM THERE WERE OTHER UNTRUE STATEMENTS I HAVE POSTED IN OTHER EMAILS. BUT PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR OWN GO TO THE WEBSITES DIRECTLY RATHER THAN LISTEN TO SOMEONE GIVING OUT FALSE INFORMAION!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Geri,

I am not arguing with you, I am simply trying to get the facts straight. Anyone reading these comments will be able to tell that you are reiterating my points I have already made in the previous comments.

About 50% of my work week includes Massage research. I have researched each state regulations and all the parties involved in obtaining a license to practice massage. Also, I have helped over 7500 students of massage across the nation to obtain a passing score on their respective exams. So it is my job to know what is required and have been giving this advise for over 4 years. If I don't have the answer I research it, and would never give out any incorrect information that I have not first confirmed with the exam administration, state board website or on the phone with that state board itself.

Talking about research, I took the liberty of perusing the past comments you posted and found this one that starts out like this:

"slawka in Cape Coral, Florida

I practiced in Ill for four yrs with no license, never was I asked for one in a medical facility working for a chiropractor, nor at the tennis facility, nor any of the spas that I worked at for 4 yrs."

Just to confirm, there are consequences for practicing without a license within a state that requires a license. In most states, each massage performed without a license would have a fee attached to it, also each year practiced would also have a fee. The establishment that employed unlicensed "therapists" also get fined or if bad enough shutdown.

State Regulations and Laws are put in place to insure the safety of the public.

Illinois State Board for Massage was put into place in 2003. Their Massage Licensing Act Section (225 ILCS 57/45)Grounds for Discipline.

ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2469&ChapAct=225%26nbsp%3BILCS%26nbsp%3B57%2F&ChapterID=24&ChapterName=PROFESSIONS+AND+OCCUPATIONS&ActName=Massage+Licensing+Act

46 months ago

When these Laws and Regulations are not adhered to, the whole Massage community suffers. We are trying to be a respected profession. In order to do that all the massage students (we never stop learning) must respect All the laws.

Each organization within the Massage profession plays an important roll for the establishment of a legitimate Organized profession and in order to do that, each state must first be regulated and then all the states must unite to further the progression of establishing a reputable profession that the community at large can trust.

I will be the first to admit that I do not know everything there is to know about massage and its community. But what I can tell you is that I love it all, I am passionate about my work and all it entails and I can only hope it shows in the work that I do.

To Research!, have a great day.

Lorna
massage-exam.com

maria in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

hi,,
anyone can tell me what are the requirements in getting the license after you pass the mblex? thank u

46 months ago

Maria,

Here is the link to the FL application:

www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/massage/ap_massage.pdf

Within the application is a list of the requirements and instructions.

I hope this helps, have a great day.

Lorna
massage-exam.com

superbad in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

09ly0n3 said: so iv taken the "NCETMB" twice now. . . first missed by 20. . . second missed by 2, ye 2,. major bull, i study fairly hard. but most of the content of the test was things i felt i wasnt taught in school. MBLEx any EASIEEERRR ya think?

i took the NCBTMB twice missing it by 20 then 1. I took MBLeX and gave NCBTMB the middle finger. i was fed up with the trick questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ajack in Silver Spring, Maryland

45 months ago

Lorna, Thanks so much for all your helpful information. It's unfortunate that some others on this board are so unclear on the process, and what's correct and incorrect information. All your information is correct, as you know! And, it's very helpful. I will be taking the MBLEx tomorrow. I feel very confident that I can pass both the MBLEx and the NCBTM. I've selected to take the MBLEx because I believe it's the future of massage therapy. It's a fantastic step forward for massage therapy and is attempting to put the profession more on the level with physical therapists and other health professionals. PTs and doctors don't take a "certification" exam to become a PT or doc, they take a national board exam to become liscensed. It's wonderful that the state liscensing boards have become involved in the Federation and are working to streamline the whole process for all of us. It's also cool to see the American Massage Therapy Association endorsing the MBLEx as the best entry-level massage therapy exam, that encourages mobility between states. I would encourage anyone who is confused about the process or the newer exam to read the Federation's Web site and FAQs. Very helpful, very direct and easy to understand. I fully support an organization like this!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.