Getting a meat cutter job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 75)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

How did you get your start doing meat cutter work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Robert Thomason in Syracuse, New York

76 months ago

Would like to learn the art of meat cutting,would like to be trained by someone who like to pass this job on to others.thankyou very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Mount Gay, West Virginia

70 months ago

michael in Poway, California said: double my salary from 8.15 per hour up to 18.75 per hour. not bad for a 23 year old. then can move up from there.

Wow, you get $8.15 an hour for being a meat clerk?! And, meat cutters there get $18.75? I'm getting ripped off! I'm a full-blown meat cutter, and have been for over 2 years, and I'm only making $8.80 an hour! I've been with the company for 6 years. I started as a seafood helper, making $5.75 an hour. I became a meat clerk about a year later, and was making $6.35 an hour. I was a little afraid of becoming a meat cutter (afraid I'd whack a finger off, or something), so I just kept my meat clerk position for a few years. I finally got brave, and started cutting meat in 2006, and moved up to $7.35 an hour. Now I'm "all the way up to" $8.80. Heh heh! The "top-out" pay for meat cutters here is $13 an hour. I enjoy the work, and it's not very difficult to do at all... I just really hate the company I'm working for, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, there aren't any higher-paying jobs available here, so I have to just keep hoping something better will come along one day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D in KS - cont'd

62 months ago

Anyhow, this facility is where I learned to cut sides of beef & pork, as well as move "Mid-level" wholesale quantities of inventory. In addition to a normal retail case (Choice meat only, not select or prime), we provided custom level service for various restaurants as well as supplying meat for other grocery stores and smaller meat processing centers. We made multiple varieties of raw and smoked sausages, smoked turkeys, bacon, pig ears, dog treats, lard, brisket, hams, chickens, jerky, beef sticks, etc. And once a year, the big payday would come to town in the form of deer season. We would process deer, make sausage, jerky, smoked sticks, etc.

This was a very physically demanding job, as you carried the 1/4's of beef and the hog 1/2's on your shoulder. Every 40-100 box was loaded/unloaded by hand, as we did not have a semi ramp / pallet jack system. This was the greatest job ever for a college student & the other meat cutters were great guys. 12 years later and I'm still friends with them, even though they live hours away.

I finally finished my degree after 5 years. Once again, I interviewed at a bank. And once again, I was offered a teller job at the hourly rate of $6.50.. I thought are you kidding me! I made about 50% more than that working part time cutting meat as a college student. Well, I ended up going to work for another bank in a much larger town making a salary that I could actually almost live on. However, I continued cutting meat part time at another IGA for probably a year or so just to have a little extra money. That IGA ended up closing down about 10 years ago.

Now that I work in a corporate job (Although I'm not sure for how much longer due to a merger), I still periodically think about picking up meat cutting again. I always had aspirations of either being a manager or owning my own place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

D in KS - cont'd

62 months ago

So now the money flow & your actual question.

When I started out at the grocery store cutting meat (I had been there for 2 or 3 years prior to getting into the meat area) I was at $4.50 or so an hour. At the USDA facility, I was up about $9 or $10 an hour. The IGA part time job, I think I was at $15, with extra on (2x) Sundays & (3x I think)holidays. This $15 was about 10 years ago, so who knows what a journeyman makes today.

The really funny part is had I been able to make $15 an hour early on, I probably would of never went to college in the first place. Certainly wouldn't of finished my 4 year degree.

This was a fun walk down a 7-8 year memory lane. To answer your direct question. Keep asking, be genuine, work your backside off, and learn how to cook. Meat cutting is physically demanding (So exercise outside of work) and to some it is a less than desireable job (this is a + for you), as it might curtail the competition. Work as if you own the company & make your decisions as an owner. Be a customer consultant). .learn how to cook & understand what they are using the product for (Very important for consumers (It'll be your fault even if they fan fry a chuck roast) and more important for restaurants). The restaurants are in it to make money.. help them & you'll keep them as a customer.

In my book there is a difference between simply being a meat cutter and being a good meat cutter. Every customer, Every minunte & every cut matters - $$.

Good luck. Keep asking & separate yourself from the basic meat cutter candidate by paying attention & learning the bigger picture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

T-Bone in Arlington, Texas

61 months ago

D in KS's statements are true. I started learning to cut meat in a restaurant/steakhouse. I begged the owner to teach me, and he gave me the basics. I learned myself how to handle a knife, make perfect cuts, and develop speed. Knowing how to prepare and cook meats, as well as cooking for yourself, will become invaluable assets to you.

Most meat cutters will learn in the retail environment (grocery stores, etc.). I 'stuck' my foot in the door and started cutting meat seriously after proving my work ethic and initiative. There aren't many market managers who want to train anyone these days, but if you can start out cleaning up the market, your're in the door. Eventually, they will expect you to step up at some point, but you've got to help yourself and learn all you can and show them what you've learned. A "I don't get paid to do that" mentality will get you nowhere fast. You'll need to give a little to get a little.

No schooling is required, just hard work and not being lazy. A good manager will then teach you how to merchandise properly--this is where the money part comes in. Meat cutting is not simply slicing meat tossing it into a tray as fast as you can; there's far more to it than that. Learn something from everyone, and couple that with a personable and positive attitude, and you'll find yourself at the top of the wage charts and being promoted into management quickly. Most meat cutters will earn 8-$18+ per hour (non-union). Managers will make anywhere from the upper $30's to $80K, even up to six figures, depending upon the company and store. Just remember: when you settle in your duties, so will your salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jagatheesan in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

61 months ago

Respected sir
Now iam living in dubai,balance of visa date only two months,
I have experience meat cutting three years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Latino13pr in Rochester, New York

60 months ago

I'm looking for job in Central Florida. I'm a meat cutter for the last 14 years. I love my job, but my wife wants to move to Florida. Please if you have any information send me an email brendaliz18pr@yahoo.com Thank You
Felix

Supermarket in Jacksonville, Florida

54 months ago

Latino13pr in Rochester, New York said: I'm looking for job in Central Florida. I'm a meat cutter for the last 14 years. I love my job, but my wife wants to move to Florida. Please if you have any information send me an email brendaliz18pr@yahoo.com Thank You
Felix

Are you still looking for a job in Florida. Im looking for a real meat cutter in Jacksonville Florida. Let me know please !

Jose

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbkumara in Doha, Qatar

53 months ago

Hello.. Am work as a commis butcher here in Doha Qatar..

looking forward to work in USA or Canada As a meat clerk

Please if u have any vacancy for that position let me know..

jagathkumara@gmail.com

CK in Sacramento, California

51 months ago

Find a union shop. Journeyman pay is over $20/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

stevie in Albuquerque, New Mexico

51 months ago

michael in Poway, California said: well i am a meat clerk moving up to a meat cutter apprentice, then to a meat cutter journeyman. i work for stater bros in Ramona the job is good and easy right now there is a shortage of meat cutters. im a good hard worker that tries my best and shows an expression for moving up in the company i know ill have to be in classes once a week for 2 years to become a journey man but i think over all it will be worth is to more than double my salary from 8.15 per hour up to 18.75 per hour. not bad for a 23 year old. then can move up from there.

Its the best move you can make! Ive been a journeyman cutter for over 20 years .I was laid off and i can't find work anywhere.Let me know where i can apply over there i'm willing to relocate. Thanks, Stevie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Toronto, Ontario

51 months ago

try costco

Geoff in Clifton Park, New York

51 months ago

Ive been looking endlessly in hopes of finding an available apprenticeship in upstate NY. I have spent a few years working in various supermarket's as a meat associate in hopes of moving up.. however here only a few apprenticeships come through a year. If anyone has any information on local shops that may be open to a new trainee I would be much abliged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tesky in Alexandria, Virginia

46 months ago

Jim in Mount Gay, West Virginia said: Wow, you get $8.15 an hour for being a meat clerk?! And, meat cutters there get $18.75? I'm getting ripped off! I'm a full-blown meat cutter, and have been for over 2 years, and I'm only making $8.80 an hour! I've been with the company for 6 years. I started as a seafood helper, making $5.75 an hour. I became a meat clerk about a year later, and was making $6.35 an hour. I was a little afraid of becoming a meat cutter (afraid I'd whack a finger off, or something), so I just kept my meat clerk position for a few years. I finally got brave, and started cutting meat in 2006, and moved up to $7.35 an hour. Now I'm "all the way up to" $8.80. Heh heh! The "top-out" pay for meat cutters here is $13 an hour. I enjoy the work, and it's not very difficult to do at all... I just really hate the company I'm working for, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, there aren't any higher-paying jobs available here, so I have to just keep hoping something better will come along one day.

wow you're really getting ripped off I've been a meatcutter for 1.5 years and I make 19.65/hr and I'm the lowest paid meatcutter at my store

Christina

46 months ago

tesky in Alexandria, Virginia said: wow you're really getting ripped off I've been a meatcutter for 1.5 years and I make 19.65/hr and I'm the lowest paid meatcutter at my store

IM IN COLORADO THE COST OF LIVING HERE IS NOT AS MUCH.I MADE 21.52 IN CALIFORNIA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christina

46 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing meat cutter work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I STARTED WORKING IN THE GROCIRY STORE WHEN I WAS 15 AS BAGGER. THEN MOVED UP TO SEAFOOD THEN A WRAPPER THEN A MEAT CUTTER. MY FATHER WAS ALSO A MEAT CUTTER JUST FOLLOWED IN HIS FOOT STEPS.I DID NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SCHOOLING BECAUSE I WAS A MEAT WRAPPER FOR SO LONG THAT I DID IN STORE TRAINING.

wow

46 months ago

My husband is a meat cutter in a great company in upstate NY, $12.95 per hour with 10 years of experience, he is looking for a job in Florida. He is young and love to work.

kadams@bagnsave.com in Omaha, Nebraska

45 months ago

Hey, we have meat cutter and meat manager positions available here at Bag 'N Save Supermarkets in Omaha, NE. If anyone ever plans on moving to the Omaha, look us up!

johnthemeatman in Ocala, Florida

44 months ago

LOOKING FOR A CUTTER OR MANAGER POSITION IN CENTRAL FLORIDA , I LIVE IN OCALA BUT WILL DRIVE 25 YEARS EXP AS CUTTER AND MANAGER IN HIGH VOLUME SUPER MARKET IF ANYONE NEEDS A GOOD JOURNEYMAN IAM YOUR GUY

Dmen87 in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina

44 months ago

Jim in Mount Gay, West Virginia said: Wow, you get $8.15 an hour for being a meat clerk?! And, meat cutters there get $18.75? I'm getting ripped off! I'm a full-blown meat cutter, and have been for over 2 years, and I'm only making $8.80 an hour! I've been with the company for 6 years. I started as a seafood helper, making $5.75 an hour. I became a meat clerk about a year later, and was making $6.35 an hour. I was a little afraid of becoming a meat cutter (afraid I'd whack a finger off, or something), so I just kept my meat clerk position for a few years. I finally got brave, and started cutting meat in 2006, and moved up to $7.35 an hour. Now I'm "all the way up to" $8.80. Heh heh! The "top-out" pay for meat cutters here is $13 an hour. I enjoy the work, and it's not very difficult to do at all... I just really hate the company I'm working for, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, there aren't any higher-paying jobs available here, so I have to just keep hoping something better will come along one day.

In South Carolina I make 14.57 as a meat market manager. I think the max for a market manager here is like 22/hr or somethin

Stevie cee in Albuquerque, New Mexico

44 months ago

say bro lighten up there are meatcutters that dont even have a job. If your'e shop is cutting a good gross you shouldnt have a problem getting more money some of these shops pay low because they can! and you wont get a damm thing unless you speak up brotha. Good luck Stevie

kadams@bagnsave.com in Omaha, Nebraska

44 months ago

Well if you're ever looking for a meat cutter position in Omaha Nebraska, stop into Bag 'N Save Supermarkets. We are always looking for meat cutter positions and our minimum pay is $10.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

italgino72 in Woodbridge, Ontario

44 months ago

Costco Pays amazing apply at any costco location, top rate is 23 dollars an hour!!!!!!!

juiceindawisc in Hazlehurst, Georgia

44 months ago

Oscar in Whittier, California said: hey Michael in Poway, whats the first step in becoming an apprentice.

find a meat manager who has been in the biz for a while, and willing to hire and train you for the next few years

juiceindawisc in Hazlehurst, Georgia

44 months ago

i feel the same way, and it is hard work. I make thirteen and change and that is getting ripped. I am much more faster, efficient, precise than the other guy. I run out the frozen meats on load days, I train the new employees for the department. I do; cutting, grinding,patty making, sausage making, ordering, send store orders, inventory, manually wrap and price the meats, clean-up, along with a ton of other duties. I have been there six years compared to the other guy who has been there three years. He gets paid twenty one per hour and is given one more week vacation than me. Not to mention, he milks the clock for everything that it has, if you know what I mean.
Not

mansell5 in Portland, Oregon

44 months ago

I Started in the Meat dept. at Stater Bros. back in the early 90's. It was hard to get into the meat dept. but when I did it was great, the pay varies by state and city a lot. I am now a meat manager for Safeway in central Oregon making 16.93 hr, 10 years ago I was making 17.60 in Portland 150 miles away. Both are union jobs, I dont understand how I can be making so much less after 10 years, to those of you wanting to get into this business, my advice is to think twice, going downhill fast, prepack meat, ect..

MOLLY in Tacoma, Washington

43 months ago

I can't find anywhere-What the TUITION for meat cutters school is?

I'm sure it varies, most say it either a 25 week course up to a 5 month course-

But WHAT DOES IT COST?

Thanks,
Molly

jimhenry2000 in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

I can sure relate to many of the comments here. I started as a deli clerk then deli manager in high school. When I got my degree in electrical engineering in 1971 I found I was making twice as much as a deli manager as anyone offered me in engineering. Unwilling to take the pay cut I went full time as a meat cutter apprentice. Back then there were a few meat cutting schools but I don't know anyone who used them and I feel a school would not have got you much except perhaps an apprentice ship. Back then as an apprentice you were constantly told you were the lowest of the low! My typical day started at 6 am and I would bring out 25 crates of chickens and cut them up. Go to lunch, come back, bring out 25 more boxes of chickens and cut them up. It was brutal back then as the chickens were ice packed in wooden crate bound with heavy wire and it was common to get one of those wires through your hand. That's nothing to stop for and besides your hands were frozen anyway so didn't hurt that much. Now, if you actually wanted to learn anything else besides cutting chickens and cleaning the cutting room, equipment, and cooler, you stayed after your shift on your own time and helped the journeyman who worked that evening and in return he taught you stuff. After two years of that, your co-workers and manager knew your skills and if they respected them (and you) you were promoted to journeyman. In some cases you took a test. I embarked on that career because it was a well paying trade back then and all the meat cutters and meat managers I knew were the folks with big houses and nice cars in the suburbs. The business evolved though with more and more work being outsourced. Poultry would come in pre-packaged and no more hanging beef. It now comes in as cryovac "boxed" beef. At one time I managed depts with 15 meatcutters and 5 meat wrappers which evolved to 3-4 meat cutters and 2 meat wrappers. I finished my careers in the early 90s as a meat manager for Pathmark.

Ben in Lynnwood, Washington

42 months ago

I am 23 i have been cutting meat for 4 years i work in seattle wa i did my aprentiship in shop so that i did not have to go to school. i cut my first year starting at 12.00, after one year i was promoted to shop mgr went from 12.50 to 22.75 dont know how that worked in a union shop there are jobs out there but meat is the hardest to get in gotta know some one when you get in prove your self keep your head down and work like hell it will pay off Good luck to all of you looking to get in and for those of you in keep in cutting i could not ask for a better job
good luck
Ben

jimhenry2000 in Livonia, Michigan

42 months ago

Ben,
Yes it is an honest living, a skilled trade, and one that you should be proud of. My opinion thought is that Meat cutters are seriously underpaid for the skills they have, the conditions they work under, how hard they work, and the hours they work. Plumbers and Electricians typically make over $100k/year and I think meat cutters are just as skilled.
Jim

Ben in Lynnwood, Washington said: I am 23 i have been cutting meat for 4 years i work in seattle wa i did my aprentiship in shop so that i did not have to go to school. i cut my first year starting at 12.00, after one year i was promoted to shop mgr went from 12.50 to 22.75 dont know how that worked in a union shop there are jobs out there but meat is the hardest to get in gotta know some one when you get in prove your self keep your head down and work like hell it will pay off Good luck to all of you looking to get in and for those of you in keep in cutting i could not ask for a better job
good luck
Ben

buckeye_redneck in Bellefontaine, Ohio

41 months ago

I make 11 dollars an hour at a small store. I do orders for both smoked meat and fresh meat. Prepare everything from steaks and roasts to doing grinds.I am working my way up only been cutting for a year now and I have secured the Assistant position. but with the outsource of pork cutting and larger quantity of grinds that come in pre packed im starting to wonder if I can hold a meat cutting career and still make a living

Steve in Albuquerque, New Mexico

41 months ago

Ive been a meatcutter for 20 years + if you think your'e going to get journeyman pay in only a year you sadly mistaken,It takes at least three years to do that. You just started. if they made you a assistant already chances are its the meat manager and you. Im not baggin on you but you need to give it some time. Your'e still green grasshopper!

bryan in Hemet, California

40 months ago

i have worked at stater bros less than two years. got put in the meat dep now making 9.00 an hr i just turned 19 and love it.

jay

40 months ago

Hello
I'm a meat cutter for safeway I and just reached journeyman level. I was wondering if there's a form to get reinburted for gasoline because I work 30miles from my home?? If anyone knows please post

jimhenry in Morgantown, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

Well if your employer (Safeway) has a policy of reimbursing employees for T&E costs when working away from your normal work location, they might have a T&E form you can use. If you are asking the government to reimburse you, of course not! If the store that is 30 miles away is your regular work location, you cannot expect your employee to reimburse you either. When I was a meat cutter, and before as an apprentice, I sometimes worked as far as 50 miles one way from home. That's just the way it is.
BTW, what does Safeway pay journeyman cutters per hour nowadays?
Jim

jay

40 months ago

Hey jim
Thanks for the reply . I'm not asking them to reinburse I was just wondering I over hear another meat cutter saying that she was getting paid a while back when she was traveling 3 days out of here home shop. But you know how things are when someones trying to explain when there in a rush and stuff gets thrown around and you never end up knowing the truth. The rate for journeyman cutters is 21.95 for safeway.

Thanks

Steve in Buckeye, Arizona

40 months ago

Hello,consider yourself lucky to have a good paying job brother.I am a journeyman cutter wuth 25 years exp. and 5 of those as a meat manager, a good work history, clean record exellent job references and i still cant find work!Let me know if there hiring brother your'e new butcher friend Steve

40 months ago

jay said: Hey jim
Thanks for the reply . I'm not asking them to reinburse I was just wondering I over hear another meat cutter saying that she was getting paid a while back when she was traveling 3 days out of here home shop. But you know how things are when someones trying to explain when there in a rush and stuff gets thrown around and you never end up knowing the truth. The rate for journeyman cutters is 21.95 for safeway.

Thanks

Hi Jay,
Sounds like you are making a decent living. When I left the field in 1994 I was making about $21/hour as a Meat Manager/Chief Journeyman. As you can see, the rate has not really kept up with inflation. I would urge any Journeyman not making at least $20/hour now to seek another job. The problem is that retail food is such a competitive business with low profit margins. It's not really your employer's fault it is just the business they (and you) are in. Though I spent 25 years in the meat business I was lucky in that I had an education in engineering so could switch and now I make well over $100k per year and I don't work nearly as hard and don't work weekends! I can honestly say I ever enjoyed a holiday when I was in the meat business as every one was a marketing event!
Jim

Steve in Buckeye, Arizona

40 months ago

MOLLY in Tacoma, Washington said: I can't find anywhere-What the TUITION for meat cutters school is?

I'm sure it varies, most say it either a 25 week course up to a 5 month course-

But WHAT DOES IT COST?

Thanks,
Molly

The one in phx az cost 2500 for a six month course.

Leon Wildberger in Dalton, Georgia

39 months ago

All you meat cutters come join us at, sites.google.com/site/meatcuttersclub/ We are A Brother Hood of Meat Cutters,Meat Wrappers,and Deli Workers from around the world. An A WEB SITE FOR THE MEAT INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS, MEAT CUTTERS, MEAT WRAPPERS, DELI WORKERS, MEAT SHOPS, WEB SITE MEAT BUSINESS AROUND THE WORLD.

39 months ago

Steve in Buckeye, Arizona said: The one in phx az cost 2500 for a six month course.

Steve,
Did you attend this school? If yes, did it lead to a job? If so did you get an apprenticeship or a position as a journeyman? What did the job pay?
Jim

39 months ago

Times have changed! When I started as a meatcutter we received triple time on Sundays, Double time and 1/2 on Saturday nights, and time and 1/2 on weekday evenings. Overnight work paid time and 1/2. Each contract it got worse. Nest we went to
Double time and 1/2 on Sundays, double time on Saturday nights, straight time for the first weeknight and time and 1/2 for any others. Night work went to a flat $100 premium or $2.50/hr extra.
Then we went to double time on Sundays, time and 1/2 on Saturday nights.
Then time and 1/2 on Sundays, Saturday night became just another night, etc.
I left the trade in 1995 due to this and was glad I had an engineering education to fall back on.
What has been your experience?

goose in Larchmont, New York

37 months ago

I'm a meat manager for stop and shop in New York, and I am currently making $28.90 an hour. Time and a half on Sundays. It's a union shop. I was looking to move to North Carolina but I'm not sure what meat managers or meat cutters make down there. If anyone knows let me know thanks.

apcowboy in Dalton, Georgia

37 months ago

Goose their are some members of this site that work there that could answer your question, sites.google.com/site/meatcuttersclub/

jimhenry in Brighton, Michigan

37 months ago

goose in Larchmont, New York said: I'm a meat manager for stop and shop in New York, and I am currently making $28.90 an hour. Time and a half on Sundays. It's a union shop. I was looking to move to North Carolina but I'm not sure what meat managers or meat cutters make down there. If anyone knows let me know thanks.

Goose I don't think you would get anywhere near your current rate in NC. Back in the late 70s my father in law got transferred to NC and the family was encouraging me to get a job at Food Lion, the major chain there. It paid half what I made in Philadelphia.

mike in Annapolis, Maryland

33 months ago

you're a meat cutter on the east coast making 8 something? that's what safeway starts apprentices at and Journeymen make 20 something. I know safeway is in virginia so you won't even need to go that far to hook up with them. I'd recommend the move.

Leon Wildberger in Dalton, Georgia

33 months ago

sites.google.com/site/meatcuttersclub/ Has grown into meatcuttersclub.com/, The Meat Cutter's Club is dedicated to all meat professionals who take pride in what they do. Currently we have members from 28 countries from around the world. We have members from some of the biggest meat industry sites & associations COME JOIN US !!

Jim H in Morgantown, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

Leon Wildberger in Dalton, Georgia said: YOUNG MEAT CUTTERS want more knowledge of our Trade, FREE meat cutting video's, FREE message board, join FREE the
www.meatcuttersclub.com

Leon has a great site and lots of us "old pros" are there. That might be a good place to start when you embark on your effort to get a better paying meatcutter position. $8.80/ hour is obscenely low, if you are truly a journeyman, even for a non-union shop.
Jim

terry silasack in Stockton, California

32 months ago

ok. Ive been in the meat department for almost 3 years. started off 8.25 too 9.70. i was working like a crack head. i would wrap, check dates. brake the fresh load and work it out. brake the load in the freezer and work it out. changes in caps. and clean shop. i would do this everyday in a 6 hour shift. day and night. busting my ass for a very little pay. so i was wondering. since they was takeing money out my checks for union dues. what was they using it for? i have no benefits. can i get reimburse for the union dues that they take out for noting?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.