Entry level engineering.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

HITMANVQ35 in Baltimore, Maryland

66 months ago

depends on what you want to do... those MEP and architectural firms maybe easier to find jobs. Try applying to those firms and if they don't hire you ask if you can have an internship positions since you don't have any experience. Also try to take the EIT exam if you haven't. That'll show them that you are serious about this field. Try to learn the basics such as HVAC, building control concepts. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

weiler14 in Downey, California

66 months ago

also try pureTechjobsdoTcom good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Engineer08 in Richmond, Virginia

66 months ago

entry level jay,

There are several ways of attacking the problem.

1. Before you do anything else, update your resume. Make sure that your resume simple, clean, organize because most employers will only spend few second looking over it. Don't write a paragraph on what you acheived but just write a sentense or two on each acheivement. And be a member of some type of assocations, like ASE, ASME, SME, SAE etc... (it look great on your resume) There are numerous of resume example you could look at.

2. You could apply for Federal jobs. (www.usajobs.gov) but I got to warn you that the process is long. Since you don't have any engineering experience, don't discard low paying grade.

3. Every year Fortune magazine list top 500 companies in US. Go on to their website and look the list of 1000 companies not 500. From there, look at each individual company and go on to their website. Each company should have their own career section in which you could apply for open position. (This process will take couple of days to complete but in end your exposing your resume to various companies in which you might have greater chance of getting a job)

4. Numerous of "career experts" express that one of the best way of landing a job is through social network. Social network being as facebook, myspace, linkedin etc... Use that as a tool that could help you to lead in right path.

5. If you are member of some association, they will have their own career section that you could look at and apply for. Sometimes open postions will not be posted anywhere expect on their website.

6. If nothing works then try going back to school for Master degree. It doesn't mean that you have to complete the course but you would have the access to university career center that you could take an advantage of.

GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Engineer08 in Richmond, Virginia

66 months ago

entry level jay,

There are several ways of attacking the problem.

1. Before you do anything else, update your resume. Make sure that your resume is simple, clean, organize because most employers will only spend few second looking over it. Don't write a paragraph on what you acheived but just write a sentense or two on each acheivement. And be a member of some type of assocations, like ASE, ASME, SME, SAE etc... (it look great on your resume) There are numerous of resume example you could look at.

2. You could apply for Federal jobs. ( www.usajobs.gov ) but I got to warn you that the process is long. Since you don't have any engineering experience, don't discard low paying grade.

3. Every year Fortune magazine list top 500 companies in US. Go on to their website and look the list of 1000 companies not 500. From there, look at each individual company and go on to their website. Each company should have their own career section in which you could apply for open position. (This process will take couple of days to complete but in end your exposing your resume to various companies in which you might have greater chance of getting a job)

4. Numerous of "career experts" express that one of the best way of landing a job is through social network. Social network being as facebook, myspace, linkedin etc... Use that as a tool that could help you to lead in right path.

5. If you are member of some association, they will have their own career section that you could look at and apply for. Sometimes open postions will not be posted anywhere expect on their website.

6. If nothing works then try going back to school for Master degree. It doesn't mean that you have to complete the course but you would have the access to university career center that you could take an advantage of.

GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

needsuggestion in Modesto, California

66 months ago

My friend has masters degree in HVAC Mechanical Engineering and has only 2 yrs of experience but he doesnt have much knowledge of HVAC related softwares. He already has spent fortune of getting Masters degree from private university and can not find job. Now he wants take HVAC designing courses from Carrier University in Syracuse, NY. Does anyone know if Carrier University in Syracuse, NY good or not? Please let me know. Thanks

65 months ago

Sorry to hear about your friend. Kind of the same boat I'm in. I'm trying to learn HVAC related softwares myself, such as autocad and revit and heating/cooling load calculation programs... I'm not too familiar with carrier university. How about trying to obtain an internship to gain experience, if money is not really a concern. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

HITMANVQ35 in Baltimore, Maryland: Are you taking classes to learn these softwares or are you doing an internship. It is very hard in CA to get even an internship to gain experience, looked other places and no luck.

64 months ago

you can download trace from trane's website. Their newest one is trial version for only 30 days but you can download the older versions for free from them or elsewhere. Just search for them in google.

64 months ago

Has anyone taken LEED GA exam? What kind of questions do they ask?
Please let me know if there are any good books to prepare for the exam. Thanks

Geshy in Lisle, Illinois

63 months ago

Dear All,

I have done my three year's Diploma(DME) and Bachelors(BS) in Mechanical Engineering, also have done my MBA in USA. I did my student intern in a Mechanical Engineering Industry.

Now Im looking for a job in Mechanical field, please suggest me the procedure to apply and the way to find entry level jobs.

Im interested in Design field, but I dont have more exposure about the subject bacause had a break of more than two years when I got shifted into Management field.

Thanks

ithompson@sscsecurity.com in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

If you need a job send us A cv ithompson@sscsecurity.com

ithompson@sscsecurity.com in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

Geshy in Lisle, Illinois said: Dear All,

I have done my three year's Diploma(DME) and Bachelors(BS) in Mechanical Engineering, also have done my MBA in USA. I did my student intern in a Mechanical Engineering Industry.

Now Im looking for a job in Mechanical field, please suggest me the procedure to apply and the way to find entry level jobs.

Im interested in Design field, but I dont have more exposure about the subject bacause had a break of more than two years when I got shifted into Management field.

Thanks

send us your CV ithompson@sscsecurity.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HVAC Eng. in Modesto, California

60 months ago

Hi,
I have done MS in Mechanical engineer, EIT and LEED certificate and I am looking for job in Sacramento/SF CA area.
Thanks

Z22 in Toronto, Ontario

60 months ago

entry level jay in Duluth, Georgia said: Hi. I graduated with a B.S.M.E. in 2002. I have worked in dry cleaning and retail ever since then. I want to work in mechanical engineering design. How can I get into engineering so far from graduation?

Hi,

Same here with me....are you able to find anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LThompson09 in Columbia, South Carolina

45 months ago

I too have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, I did not do any internships/Co-op's and I'm currently working on my Masters in Information Systems. I have been job hunting for a year straight now, and I can't stand not having a career start. Which has resulted me to live with my parents. I need to start my own life.

If anyone can please help with any type of advice to aid my problem, I would greatly appreciate it!

VijayV in Irving, Texas

44 months ago

Hi,
I have given an email with all the details.I do have a Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering.And willing to relocate at my own expenses.

Rodovan in Troy, Michigan

44 months ago

I am currently working and willing to relocate immediately on my own expense. Just asking what is the salary and benefits for this position???

eric planting in denver, Colorado

44 months ago

recruiters don't have hotmail accounts FYI, there are a lot of scammers everywhere

anjan in Ellicott City, Maryland

31 months ago

I am mechanical engineer graduate from India and Have done MBA finance. can any one suggest me a good job to apply for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.