Looking for guidance--trying to help a friend find MEP work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Curtis Long in Phoenix, Arizona

65 months ago

I was replying in another thread but I thought it would be more polite to start a new one.
Here's the short story: I recently moved to Phoenix from the Midwest. I was fortunate to land a job with a great insurance company. I have a friend that helped me move out here, and she's a ME that does MEP stuff for a architecture and engineering company back east. She really wants to move out here, but since she's still got a good job, she needs another one in Phoenix so she can move. I really want to help her find a job to repay her for helping me move.
She has 3 years experience and is an EIT. She has an ideal work ethic and really loves her work, and I know she wouldn't work for anything other than a A+ architecture/engineering firm. She's getting experience as the lead MEP on some projects and she has a lot of experience working on commercial designs for some very recognizable companies.
How can I use my location (in proximity to potential employers) to help her find work? I started compiling a list of good companies I found on the internet and now I want to do more to help her. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know the market is grim, but being persistent can't hurt anything.
Special thanks to Gwen for your help so far! I would really, really, appreciate any kind of help or advice anyone is willing to share. Feel free to e-mail me at curtis.a.long@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Corey Knighton in Skaneateles, New York

46 months ago

I am a student at Skaneateles Central Schools and I need a mechanical engineer close to the Syracuse area for my final project. If anyone is interested in helping me pleace contact me at crknighton@gmail.com.
Thank you
Corey Knighton

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.