Temp to Perm

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

cdisalv in Largo, Florida

28 months ago

I have worked as a mechanical engineer for just under 30 years. I first took a contract assignment about 8 years into my career after working as a permanent employee up to that point. Since then, I have frequently encountered employers and recruiters who assume that I can only be interested in temporary work due to the fact that I have worked contract jobs in the past. My current intention is finding permanent long term work. I am seeking advice on what verbiage can be used with a potential employer to convince them of this. Any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

donnalynnmagee@yahoo.com in Rochester, New York

27 months ago

I am looking to fill a long term position! I see you have many years experience. Do you also have a degree? Are you willing to relocate? Please email me at your earliest convenience so I can find out if we would be a good fit for you!
FULL RELOCATION GIVEN

Company -- Esterline -- Couer d' laene, Idaho
Near Spokane WA
BS/MS - Mechanical Engineer: Salary up to 85k
A glimpse of the responsibilities follows:

As Lead, (8+ years of exp.) responsible for technical assets, equipment and training needs related to mechanical engineering.

As a designer,(4-8 years of experience) responsible for the mechanical/electromechanical design of products.

Please email me at your earliest convenience if you are interested!
Thank You!
Donnalynn Magee
donnalynnmagee@yahoo.com

Chief Recruiting Officer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.