Are media buyer job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most media buyer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

jj in Carrollton, Texas

47 months ago

I think boutique shops are becoming more acceptable which relate to more contract/freelance jobs. The trick here is that experience comes cheep in the contract world and you will need to work multiple agencies to make any money. It is becoming far more acceptable to hire a production team for one job and a different team for another in order to accomplish different objectives based on individual freelance specialties. This goes for media buyers too. I'm great with Auto and Home Improvement/Lifestyle and know the buying models. I can team up with both an automotive agency and a home improvement agency with no competitive complications all while increasing my cash flow. I have separate laptops for both, binders, filing systems all to keep things organized and separate. If you look at it like that, than jobs are available in hundreds of categories in advertising and will be on the grow as bigger, high dollar agencies become dispersed into smaller individually run companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.