What are typical media buyer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

jj in Carrollton, Texas

52 months ago

find a few clients (small agencies) looking to make their operations more efficient and become a freelance media buyer. In order to do this you will need to start as a media buying assistant at an adv. agency or work in media sales to get started. As an independent, in order to offer a service you will need to learn the trade and have some kind of reputation to back it up. I have a consistant six figure income while working from home giving me tons of time with my family which is more important than anything. One of my clients requires a visit once a week from 9a-2p in order to maintain a strong face to face working relationship and process media invoices, but other than that the computer and phone are your best friends. Otherwise working for a big agency will top out at around 55k per year, unless you advance to a media director which at a select few high end shops you can garnish a low six figure income...but to get there you will need to be 'top in field' and have over 10yrs exp. and work some high stress hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

EBH in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

jj in Carrollton, Texas said: find a few clients (small agencies) looking to make their operations more efficient and become a freelance media buyer . In order to do this you will need to start as a media buying assistant at an adv. agency or work in media sales to get started. As an independent, in order to offer a service you will need to learn the trade and have some kind of reputation to back it up. I have a consistant six figure income while working from home giving me tons of time with my family which is more important than anything. One of my clients requires a visit once a week from 9a-2p in order to maintain a strong face to face working relationship and process media invoices, but other than that the computer and phone are your best friends. Otherwise working for a big agency will top out at around 55k per year, unless you advance to a media director which at a select few high end shops you can garnish a low six figure income...but to get there you will need to be 'top in field' and have over 10yrs exp. and work some high stress hours.

Hello, I read your comment above and would love to know you are soliciting new business. I'm looking to grow my freelance media buying/planning business and would love to talk with you further about your "resume" and what computer programs you have access to in your home office and how you deal with digital and online media buying.
Thanks so much and I look forward to your reply. Elizabeth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.