Medical Assistant who needs a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

cathleensurratt in San Diego, California

85 months ago

I've had it! I've been looking since I've gotten out of school for a Medical Assistant job and was only given two interviews the first one, they didn't hire me... The second they loved me and it was perfect working for Scripps Green in San Diego, CA... But It would take me 1.5 to get to work so I had to say no to that one.

Now since Christmas I've been a Cert. MA/ and since Feb. a licensed Phlebotomist.... I've taken all the tests and passed and have the perfect resume yet not a single phone call, why?

I know it is tough out there to try to find a job, but I graduated at the top of my class with a gpa of 3.96 in Medical Assisting! When I go to the college where I graduate they never help me out, they all but laugh at me. They could give two cents...

On top of this, I'm on the internet at all the jobsites and my resume and coverletter is there. I state that I'm lic. and cert. etc.., I state upon request that I can fax them info including three letters of recommendation from my one month externship site before graduation.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly let me know if this is normal, I mean really, two interviews.... I pound the pavements yet nothing... I should add, as it is on my resume and such that during my school time and externship time I was never late and never missed a day....

Can anyone out there tell me, this is completely normal, than I'd feel okay, but when you're doing your level best and this constantly happens and nothing???? It's so disheartening... I won't listen or write back to nasty emails; I don't do drama.. So if you'de like to write back and let me know anything of your experiences I sure would feel alot better.

And you kids out there who are trying to become MAs don't go to a certain college... Can't name it, they'll rip you off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mandy in San Diego, California

85 months ago

Cathleen Surratt in San Diego, California said: I've had it! I've been looking since I've gotten out of school for a Medical Assistant job and was only given two interviews the first one, they didn't hire me... The second they loved me and it was perfect working for Scripps Green in San Diego, CA... But It would take me 1.5 to get to work so I had to say no to that one.

Now since Christmas I've been a Cert. MA/ and since Feb. a licensed Phlebotomist.... I've taken all the tests and passed and have the perfect resume yet not a single phone call, why?

I know it is tough out there to try to find a job, but I graduated at the top of my class with a gpa of 3.96 in Medical Assisting! When I go to the college where I graduate they never help me out, they all but laugh at me. They could give two cents...

On top of this, I'm on the internet at all the jobsites and my resume and coverletter is there. I state that I'm lic. and cert. etc.., I state upon request that I can fax them info including three letters of recommendation from my one month externship site before graduation.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly let me know if this is normal, I mean really, two interviews.... I pound the pavements yet nothing... I should add, as it is on my resume and such that during my school time and externship time I was never late and never missed a day....

Can anyone out there tell me, this is completely normal, than I'd feel okay, but when you're doing your level best and this constantly happens and nothing???? It's so disheartening... I won't listen or write back to nasty emails; I don't do drama.. So if you'de like to write back and let me know anything of your experiences I sure would feel alot better.

And you kids out there who are trying to become MAs don't go to a certain college... Can't name it, they'll rip you off!

Where was your school located? In San Diego? I am considering going to MA school here in San Diego...

me too in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

im hunting for a job as well in its been a month since i graduated!!! its frustuating!!!

In Connecticut in East Hartford, Connecticut

78 months ago

Don't waste your time going to school for MA. You'll waste time and money.TRUST ME!!!!!!!! I know you can't find anything. 18 in my class only 1 found a job. And the class before mine haven't found one ither. only a couple out of 12. So MA is not the way to go. Plus everything you've learned your better off becoming a nurse. The only diffrence is the medication course.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.