Can a student from an accredited CMA school (and not accredited by RMA) take either the CMA and RMA exam?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Carol in Austin, Minnesota

77 months ago

I was recently told that if a school has the accreditation by CAAHEP for CMA, that a graduate could take either the CMA or RMA exam.

I thought that RMA exam was only available to schools that have that accreditation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

77 months ago

Guide

You can take either test if you went to any school that is accredited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lavette in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

I went to Sanford Brown for medical assisting, I graduated in 08/2007. They said I can work without certification; Won't nobody hire me. They say you need experience. But how in the hell I'm I to get experience if I can't get a job.

TSuu in Cleveland, Ohio

76 months ago

Sanford and Brown is accredited by the ABHES and you can take the RMA or CMA exam... You can also try temp agencies to get experience

Nita in Covington, Kentucky

75 months ago

Certification for CMA's are through AAMA(American Association of Medical assistants). Certification (registration)for RMA's is through AAMT(American Association Medical Technologists) some reqs are different like class hours so you can only apply for where your school is accredited. I don't really know about on-the-job training certification

jenice in Salado, Texas

34 months ago

I live in Texas and have been a CNA since 2007. I can not find an online or campus that will tell me that after I finish their program that i can get a job as a CMA. Need some advice!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.