DONT WASTE UR $$$ OR TIME @ ASA INSTITUTE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 131 of 131)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

21kendra in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

I heard that they have an RN program is it also terrible. Some insight please????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

i-love-asa in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

look up in Floral Park, New York said: Just read the comment above. Thats exactly the type of person that goes to asa. hoodrats and hoodmonkeys

ok then that makes you a hoodrat also...what are you doing with your life? If it's not better than mines then dont comment if you dont know squat;

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

i-love-asa in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

Katrina in New York, New York said: I graduated from ASA in 2008. I worked really hard, I love the medical field, I was offered a job that ASA career services had set up for me, I self educate myself and my first medical assistant job paid me $17/ hr . but it was 1199, I got the job on my own but ASA do send students on interviews. I went to the Manhattan location which was fine. All the nonsense that did go on in the Bk or NYC campus was because of the students that are ignorant and have no respect for themselves or ppl around them. At the manhattan campus I found that the majority of the teachers/professors I had were excellent teachers and they did care. I was also liked because I respect myself as well as others, always in class and on time the majority of my final grades was A. I am in debt but my education is very important to me. And I will be a Nurse Practioner someday so I will have even more debt. I also attended CUNY after and business is business. They all want money. CUNY tells everyone they need remedial classes. And those classes are 0 credit . With private schools, once you get in you are in with CUNY some ppl wait two years at a community College i.e.. BMCC for two years before they get into the nursing program. I been in and out of CUNY since 2008 and I have not gotten into the nursing program. ASA is about to start thiers. So I guess that's where I will go. You have to be the right person, in the right place at the right time. I will probably experience what some of the Brooklyn students have being that I will go for nursing at ASA but I go to learn not to worry about the nonsense ppl carry on with, although I cannot take it.

tell them katrina i agree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

aaaaaa aaaaaa in Azerbaijan

25 months ago

Hello. i want take advise from you people. i want go on this fall in ASA college. they offered full scholarship and everything. how is it? i will live in Manhattan campus . i won't pay anything . i'm international student and will play tennis for this college. please tell me any information about this college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FlowDivino in Bronx, New York

25 months ago

Hey God Bless you All in this controversial forum.
I just get in this school , and i read all the post about the ASA college in this forum, (the good ones and the bad ones) i can't give the reazon to anyone right now because i haven't get my own experiences yet , but for now all i can say is this:
For those who say bad things
About the guetto , i guess they are lucky to find a school or college who accept them , because , there is a verse of the bible that say , that if your not faithful in the small things , you wont be able to enjoy the big things. In everything we do , we have to show an interest , so you dont have to be in a good college to stop being guetto , or even worst over act the guetto just because you are in a not so good college , the first college is their houses so that guetto wont change even if they are in harvard.
About the russians , well i've work in an enviroment of many asian people who speak an inglish that just let me know that they wont even speak well their own lenguage , but poors they need also a job to live of. I guess it wont be so bad after all .
I agree if is a really expensive college they should invested in a library improvement and some better computers , because we are in the digital age , so the should move on with that , starting because the sure earn a lot of money from their expensive prices and stuff.
About the bad experience , i guess you will find it anyways , behind a big blessing there is always a fight , when is not the guetto environment , it can be the highclass enviroment of those who will make feel inferior , and you will always find something that will try to block your step when you are really interest in.

25 months ago

Hey God Bless you All in this controversial forum.
I just get in this school , and i read all the post about the ASA college in this forum, (the good ones and the bad ones) i can't give the reazon to anyone right now because i haven't get my own experiences yet , but for now all i can say is this:
For those who say bad things
About the guetto , i guess they are lucky to find a school or college who accept them , because , there is a verse of the bible that say , that if your not faithful in the small things , you wont be able to enjoy the big things. In everything we do , we have to show an interest , so you dont have to be in a good college to stop being guetto , or even worst over act the guetto just because you are in a not so good college , the first college is their houses so that guetto wont change even if they are in harvard.
About the russians , well i've work in an enviroment of many asian people who speak an inglish that just let me know that they wont even speak well their own lenguage , but poors they need also a job to live of. I guess it wont be so bad after all .
I agree if is a really expensive college they should invested in a library improvement and some better computers , because we are in the digital age , so the should move on with that , starting because the sure earn a lot of money from their expensive prices and stuff.
About the bad experience , i guess you will find it anyways , behind a big blessing there is always a fight , when is not the guetto environment , it can be the highclass enviroment of those who will make feel inferior , and you will always find something that will try to block your step when you are really interest in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

For those who say good things , i Love to hear about your great experiences , specially because i'm already in , but i believe , that the real reazon why you became succesful is the trust in yourselves , because you didnt focus on the bad things and make them stock you , but intead you stock those bad things , focus on the good ones and make them take you to another level of your education.
so remember , you may not be rich , but you can make the worst college work like a Harvard for you when you really are interest.
When you walk hold by God's hand , he will make even those bad things work for you.
Is always wise to heAr the two versions of the story , so dont feel bad to read the ones with bad experience, listen to em is just part of life , i cannot be blind at the reallity.
In conclusion this is my vision
ITS ONE COLLEGE , BUT MANY DIFFERENT STUDENTS, SO
DONT FIT IN THE COLLGE , MAKE THE COLLEGE FIT IN YOU
THE COLLEGES ARE ALREADY SET UP , BUT FOR SURE THE ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT IS YOU.
YOU DONT HAVE THAT PERFECT MOMENT , YOU THAT MOMENT AND MAKE IT PERFECT.
MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU ALL ^_^ !!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

FlowDivino in Bronx do you learn there? i want go there on fall

25 months ago

Well i just start this 12 of jun but since my work schedule i'm a start the classes romorrow , but God is good , i mean , i stil, feel like i made a right decision , because is the first college that open me a door in this country.
And then after i finish they will push me right into a 4 year college to make a career of 4 years.
I'm gonna do Bussiness Administration Accounting , but thereal thing i wantto study is Psicology. But if it help you this is my plan , i work as a Manager in a McDonald , so i'm a make this assoiate deegree in Business so , while i'm in a 4 year college , i canget a better job , with the experiencei have. Thats my plan and with God ahead of me i believe is gonna work :D

blahhh in Bronx, New York

25 months ago

Have you been to the Bklyn campus? wow! watch your wallet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

FlowDivino in Bronx, New York . i'm tennis player and they offered me full scholarship and everything if i will decide i will go on fall . but i dont know here is people who wrote here worst about this college . it is true? i want study there only 2 years and after i will transfer to another university.

25 months ago

aaaaaa aaaaaa in Azerbaijan said: Hello. i want take advise from you people. i want go on this fall in ASA college. they offered full scholarship and everything. how is it? i will live in Manhattan campus . i won't pay anything . i'm international student and will play tennis for this college. please tell me any information about this college.

Run for your life! find another school that will sponsor you!

25 months ago

Well im just starting there as i say , i cannot say is the best , but with out even getting there , i just like the environment at least in manhatan , and i dont know were you are goong i mean the city , but i believe is your decision and the end of all we are going to learn of the teachers , not the negative things l because trust me i've come from a country that is to difficult for students to get graduate and be somebody , specially if their poors , but i thank God at least i havean oportunity here :) and anyways as you say , this is not all , i mean if you tell me you are gonna be graduated only on ASA then ill tell you no , i mean dont stop there , so is just the begining and to me is good in there.

25 months ago

aaaaaa aaaaaa in Azerbaijan said: FlowDivino in Bronx, New York . i'm tennis player and they offered me full scholarship and everything if i will decide i will go on fall . but i dont know here is people who wrote here worst about this college . it is true? i want study there only 2 years and after i will transfer to another university.

ASA sucks ! everything about that school just sucks! Terrible! you will thank me later!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

i will choose where i will live manhatan or Bklyn campus . i want go there only 2 years and after that transfer . is it community college ? i'm international sudent .

25 months ago

blahhh in Bronx, at the moment do you learn there?

Curiosity in Corona, New York

25 months ago

I would just like to know about the school. I went there on Monday and I had actually talked to someone and liked it. I go back on Tuesday. I want to know about other crimes that go on there (since you guys have already mentioned stealing, but that's honestly not that bad of a crime to even trip over). A website that gives UNBIASED information on schools says that the crime rate is close to none (www.american-school-search.com), but that was between 07-09. Are the teachers really that bad? Is there English really that non-understandable? Is the teaching really that horrible? I would like the answers to these and more, but I don't want to type an essay on here. Thank you to whoever responds, and please be as unbiased as you can. Just give me basic details and tell me of your negative/positive experiences.
And oh yea, about the tuition fees, say it ain't so! Also, if any knowledge about the female track team? .. RESPOND ASAP PLEASE :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

some truth in Ridgewood, New York

24 months ago

i was a student there and i left and went to CUNY and i honestly feel so much better about getting an education. when i graduated from HS, i wanted to make money quick so i figured i would get a 2 year degree and then get a job. they really know how to sell certain points to you.

i did one semester and it was so bad. it honestly was really hard to learn in an environment with SO many ghetto people. i am black myself and was embarrassed by the way my own people were acting. i saw girls get into fights, i heard about thefts taking place and i witnessed so many students acting disgusting towards teachers, staff and in the hallways hanging out. even in both libraries (bk and manhattan), i could not understand how grown ass adults did not know how to be quiet. Also, maybe its not so important to people but women would leave the bathrooms worse off than a toilet at the port authority. I got sick and tired of hearing people be disrespectful, thinking they knew more than the teachers, hearing baby mama and jail drama in the hallways, people acting stupid, etc.

This school is a sham. I made the mistake of being pulled in for a semester and if i could save another student the headache, i would.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Well i don't know my classmates all behave and to me i feel so good, now i really think this gettompeople i mean they also meed to study, i men is true we may feel uncomfortable when we are around certain people, but i think that if you are reslly interested in learning you will learn, we cannot live by appearance.
nd i haven't seen yet or hear about any stealing issue, all i think is that at the time i been thee i've learned so manny interesting things and is just the ESL level i mean not even my career.
Some teachers are more exiting than others but at the end you learn, i don't need everything to be perfect, if i see some other big issues like stealing or things like that then i'll consider to leve.
This is just the begining of my education, it won't stop at ASA so i feel good for now.

I really hope my comments may be helpful. ^_^

23 months ago

I' sorry for my bad spealing, i know how to write perfect english but i really don't double check before posting too , i'll try next time so everyone can understeand .... ^_^....lol

pepper

20 months ago

I went to ASA in 2003, granduate in 2005, ASA was a good school back then the teacher you could understand them, you did have some cheater who would not use their brain, because it was empty!, I love beening a medical assistant, but ASA did take people for there money, if the school needs to close because of bad teaching, then that what the city need to do, because if you let low life people in the school, then the school become trash!, I am glad that i went when the school was the clean and low life free.what I see is that the school only care about money! need to be report to the state! and city! to close it down.

K.CRAZY89 in Bronx, New York

16 months ago

Someone else in Brooklyn, New York said: ..ASA isnt even recognized as a real college . The degree you get from ASA will be useless.
What do you mean by that? ASA IS an accredited school.

YES THEY ARE ACCREDITED NOW BY MIDDLE STATE ,THE SAME ACCREDITED AS CUNY....AND I CAN TRANSFER MY CREDITS TO JOHN JAY IF I MAIN A 3.0... I CALLED JOHN JAY AND MIDDLE STATE BOTH CONFIRM ....ALSO BROOKLYN ... COME ON DOWN TOWN AT THAT...I GO TO THE ONE ONE 34 STREET AND ITS BEAUTFUL... 3 DIFFERENT BUILDING... MY TEACHERS 2 BLACK 2 WHITE ONE SPANISH THAT U WOULD NEVER KNOW...ONE RUSSIAN AND I UNDERSTAND HIM... AND I GOT MONEY BACK FROM FINANCIAL AID LAST SEMESTER..... SO CHECK THINGS OUT FOR YOUR SELF ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Selenia in Jackson Heights, New York

14 months ago

aaaaaa aaaaaa in Azerbaijan said: i will choose where i will live manhatan or Bklyn campus . i want go there only 2 years and after that transfer . is it community college ? i'm international sudent .

Go to a real college, I went to ASA and the only reason I finished the Medical Assistant program is because I had to pay the loan. ASA is a waste of time, none of the credits were transferred over to CUNY college I went to. They didnt even acknowledge that school. CUNY college was the best decision I have ever made, now I am a Radiological Technologist and earning a good salary.

Selenia in Jackson Heights, New York

14 months ago

Selenia in Jackson Heights, New York said: Go to a real college, I went to ASA and the only reason I finished the Medical Assistant program is because I had to pay the loan. ASA is a waste of time, none of the credits were transferred over to CUNY college I went to. They didnt even acknowledge that school. CUNY college was the best decision I have ever made, now I am a Radiological Technologist and earning a good salary.

ASA only wants your money, I was naive for not doing my research about ASA. I also had clinical internships and seminars to help us take the license and it did not cost 25,000 that is what ASA was charging you. Go to a CUNY college, it will be worth it in the long run.

c in Bronx, New York

9 months ago

J in Bklyn in New York, New York said: No let me correct you. The first time you take the placement test and fail, you have to wait 30 days. But if you take it the second time and fail then you wait a year. I think you are talking about the Brooklyn campus. The NYC campus is much cleaner and seen some of the teachers teaching. They are speaking clear English to me. They may have changed a lot since you been there. I am only talking about the NYC campus. You see the one in Brooklyn gives the school a bad rap. I got to know a few people that have graduated this school and they are doing good. As I say is all about what you put in it. Good luck on your future.

what assessment do they write ACT or SAT

unhappy student in Jackson Heights, New York

9 months ago

everyone has struggles in life especially at an older age. so with that being said throughout my time at ASA i had my ins and outs of income and someone to be home with my child that has a disability. so for those 2 reasons at extended my stay at ASA.. Now after 2 years 1/2. & only because of one extra number for financial aid. not only can i not come back unless i Pay them in full out of pocket for just one semester. I can basically have 7 loans in hand that i need to pay off and I have to restart all over again in another school. so if you ask me if ASA is the Best.. what you think? cause deeply i regret every penny of it and time.

VGARDNER in New York, New York

5 months ago

Did anyone graduate from their nursing program???

Takasha Ross in Bronx, New York

5 months ago

I start school on February 18th would you say I need to purchase the books im taking the healthcare office administration program at 34th street location.

Takasha Ross in Bronx, New York

5 months ago

Does ASA give you a reimbursement check?

porschaj in New York, New York

2 months ago

Where did you go for your bachelors? Im interested in becoming a PA aswell.

QUOTE who="eggz220 in Nesconset, New York"]awww whatever...u get what u put out..i went to asa graduated with my AAS in medical assisting went one to get my bachelors degree and ive just been accepted at cornell university in their physicians assistant program...so stop putting down the school because u had a bad experience and may i metion that i graduated with honors....

Betty in Brooklyn, New York

1 month ago

Hi I would like to know if ASA really give financial Aid or loan ?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.