DONT WASTE UR $$$ OR TIME @ ASA INSTITUTE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 114 of 114)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

ansham in Mountain View, California

12 months ago

Asa is all the way bogus. They lied to the students about being able to graduate from their school and go straight in to nursing school. They had students believing they worked closely with all these hospitals and didnt. When I went to intern I asked about hospital placement because they showed me a list of hospitals when I first started, but when it came time for interning they on had these low budget, hole in the wall clinics. They don't offer ultrasound anymore because they were not properly prepared to teach it. I have a degree I can't even use because of them.Don't get me wrong they do have hard working students.They are trying to establish themselves as a power house school. HONESTLY YOU'RE BETTER OFF GOING TO CUNY OR SUNY. If you live in Brooklyn and you come across a someone that went to ASA as I have and they will tell you it's not worth it. Save yourself the student loan.Their sciences aren't complete. You need lab hours as well as lecture time to have a complete science. That's why suny and cuny schools don't accept their transcripts. They didn't tell us until it was close to graduation that we need to take billing and coding in order to sit down for the state baord. We had to go back after we graduated for their so called"FREE CLASS". yes it was free but only because we needed it in order to complete our degree. Who does that....oh yeah ASA. Yes I see they are implementing or have implemented a lot of new programs to distract students from realizing it's not worth the student loan or time. I could go on about ASA. I wish I could sue them TO STOP THEM FROM FALSE ADVERTISING THERE school to ppl and MAKe THEM GIVE BACK ALL THE MONEY I USED IN LOANS TO GO THERE. They can have their degree back. AND FOR THE INQUIRING MINDS, NO I GRADUATED, DEANS LIST EVERY SEMESTER, GPA 3.65 (honestly that's without trying hard, when I did go). I went to cuny before ASA for me it was cause I wanted something fast I went there.SO NOT WORTH IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

ansham settles in brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

THIS A MESSAGE TO THE ONES THAT IS GOING HARD FOR ASA. ( WHO IS PROBABLY A "STUDENT" ON THEIR PAY ROLL.) YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION OF THE SCHOOL JUST LIKE I HAVE A RIGHT TO MINE. FOR THOSE LOOKING TO GET ANSWERS DO YOUR HOMEWORK. WEIGH YOUR OPTIONs. COMPARE SCHOOLS. I PROMISE IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT IN THE END. LIKE I SAID IF I COULD GIVE THEM BACK THEIR DEGREE AND MAKE THEM RETURN THE LOAN, I WOULD. I CONTINUED ON BECAUSE I AM NOT A QUITER. I START WHAT I FINISH. IF I'D APPLIED MYSELF I COULD OF HAD A 4.0 INSTEAD OF 3.65 while 7 months pregnant and aggravated with ASA. F.O.H.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

K.CRAZY89 in Bronx, New York said: YES THEY ARE ACCREDITED NOW BY MIDDLE STATE ,THE SAME ACCREDITED AS CUNY....AND I CAN TRANSFER MY CREDITS TO JOHN JAY IF I MAIN A 3.0... I CALLED JOHN JAY AND MIDDLE STATE BOTH CONFIRM ....ALSO BROOKLYN ... COME ON DOWN TOWN AT THAT...I GO TO THE ONE ONE 34 STREET AND ITS BEAUTFUL... 3 DIFFERENT BUILDING... MY TEACHERS 2 BLACK 2 WHITE ONE SPANISH THAT U WOULD NEVER KNOW...ONE RUSSIAN AND I UNDERSTAND HIM... AND I GOT MONEY BACK FROM FINANCIAL AID LAST SEMESTER..... SO CHECK THINGS OUT FOR YOUR SELF ....

BULL CRAP. IF YOU APPLY TO MOST COLLEGES THEY COME UP IN THE SEQRCH OR DATABASA. ASA DON'T. WHY ARE YOU SO MAD!!!!! GOING HARD MUCH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

pepper said: I went to ASA in 2003, granduate in 2005, ASA was a good school back then the teacher you could understand them, you did have some cheater who would not use their brain, because it was empty!, I love beening a medical assistant , but ASA did take people for there money, if the school needs to close because of bad teaching, then that what the city need to do, because if you let low life people in the school, then the school become trash!, I am glad that i went when the school was the clean and low life free.what I see is that the school only care about money! need to be report to the state! and city! to close it down.

Bull crap because that is when I went. Students used to smoke bud right infront of the school. Knock it off. Teachers used to help students cheat, especially that one haitian teacher that used to flirt with all the female students. They didn't care then and they dont care now. ASA IS A BUSINESS FIRST and educator last. THE LAST I CHECKED ALMOST ALL THE TEACHERS THERE HAD DEGREES IN OTHER COUNTRIES. NOT HERE. HOW THEN DID THEY BECOME QUILIFIED TO TEACH HERE? OH, BECAUSE THEY WERE DOCTORS IN THEIR COUNTRY, CAME HERE, COULDN'T PASS THE TEST TO BECOME LICENSED here, SO INSTEAD THEY TEACH!?. IM JSUT SAYING. LOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

*just. My bad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nattyhenry in Stony Brook, New York

9 months ago

hi guys, so i have an interview with this school tomorrow for the nursing program. Does anyone know the pre reqs to be considered for the program? What should i expect?

ASA College in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

Ansham, I'm sorry you feel you had a bad experience with ASA College but I like to address your statements.

First, while many of our instructors have studied overseas, there are plenty who have degrees from the US. They are trained professionals who choose to share their knowledge to prepare a new generation of healthcare workers.

Second, ASA is a for profit school but our business is education. Our tuition is not the highest in the area nor is it subsidized by city or state taxes. Prospective students always have a choice on where they will go to college and we offer value to the dollars spent. This is the reason ASA College has been serving the NYC area for almost 30 years.

Finally, this is a school and there will always be students looking for a shortcut. If this is something that is a problem we look to the students and regular classroom observations to stop such behavior. A degree is something which is earned, not bought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

ansham settles in brooklyn, New York said: BULL CRAP. IF YOU APPLY TO MOST COLLEGES THEY COME UP IN THE SEQRCH OR DATABASA. ASA DON'T. WHY ARE YOU SO MAD!!!!! GOING HARD MUCH.

Ansham, ASA College is Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, as you can see by the directory listing. www.msche.org/institutions_view.asp?idinstitution=1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Betty in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi I would like to know if ASA really give financial Aid or loan ?

Betty, ASA College will help you get financial aid or student loans if you qualify just like any college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FEACH in New York, New York

6 months ago

I AGREE WITH MS MAYES!!! lol lol hahahahahahahaha HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD GHETTO FREAKING FOLK TRYING TO COME AND BECOME NURSES HAHHAHAHAHAHA WHAT AJOKE!!!! just be real with yourself and ASA CAN BE VERY IGNORANT AND HOOOOD ,,,, Katrina comments are right on seem as if many students come to ASA for a fashion show or a check smh. STOP THE GOSSIP AND GET YOUR BUTTS IN CLASS AND PAY ATTENTION. AND ANOTHER THING IF YOUR GOING FOR NURSING STOP BEING HOOD AND ASKING DUMB AXX QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW MUCH $$$ NURSES MAKE CAUSE YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID!!! WORRY ABOUT PASSING THOSE EXAMS AND BY THE WAY GET OFF FACE BOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND MAYBE YOU WILL GET SOMEWHERE!!! FEACH FEACH FEACH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brooklyn in New York, New York

4 months ago

DO NOT go to this school! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!! Do not look past this post and do not fall for their lies and two faces! I thought I could get a quick degree and transfer to another college to obtain my bachelors but the credits are NOT TRANSFERRABLE the teachers grade on preference on who they like barely on assignments they talk crap in their language and very judgmental
DO NOT LOOK PAST THESE COMMENTS PRESENT OR PAST DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL CURRENTLY A STUDENT CONSTANTLY HEARING COMPLAINTS NOT TO MENTION ITS A HASSLE TO GET PAPER TO PRINT THEIR ASSIGNMENTS DONE!

Pick a different school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

asa2009 in Howard Beach, New York

1 month ago

i was an asa college student and graduated in 2009. asa didn't help me to find a job and i can't get one in the field of my studies. i can't blame the school but myself for i should always remember that any organization for-profit can't never be honest when it is about losing money. such schools are equivalent to those stores selling generics "ordinary products" with no guarantee and need to sell anyway. i wish every college will be able to give applicants the best advises possible before accepting them. to do a good job, i think transparency regarding transferable credits is the main idea to be considered by the adviser.

asa2009 in Howard Beach, New York

1 month ago

did any previous asa student transferred his credits to an other?

1 month ago

First, I am sorry you are having trouble in your job search. Have you made an appointment with the ASA College Career Services Department? They are available to all ASA grads no matter how long you have been out of school.

Additionally, if you would like to review your classes with the Medical Assisting chair please click the more info button on our homepage and I’ll try to arrange an appointment.

Second, yes like many private colleges, ASA College is a for-profit school. This does not make us any less committed to serving our current students or our alumni. Our advisers are very transparent about the degree programs and the opportunities available. The ASA College Catalog is available on our website and contains all the policies and procedures of the institution.

ASA College is regionally accredited by MSCHE and nationally accredited by ACICS, if you choose to continue your studies make sure the school you choose is a member of one of these two bodies. Many students from ASA have continued on to 4-year programs and had all their credits accepted by their new school but it does depend on the school you are interested in, the program you want and the grades you received at ASA College.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.