Disgruntled MA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

missy in Monterey, California

59 months ago

I have been an MA since august, and it's the same sad story! I am also a licensed Esthetician of 10 yrs, and figured becoming an MA would better my chances of getting into a Dermatology or Cosmetic surgery dept. What I want to know is how did the people with MA jobs get them? Is it all about who you know to get your foot in the door?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

59 months ago

missy in Monterey, California said: I have been an MA since august, and it's the same sad story! I am also a licensed Esthetician of 10 yrs, and figured becoming an MA would better my chances of getting into a Dermatology or Cosmetic surgery dept. What I want to know is how did the people with MA jobs get them? Is it all about who you know to get your foot in the door?

Hi Missy, A lot of it does depend on who you know and how much experience you got as well. The job market right now its hard to find a job. You got to be stronger than the system and just work harder at finding a job. When you are offered a job in Medical Assisting take it, even if the pay sucks, because you can work at it for a while and gain more experience and then after a year or two goes by go and look for another one. In the mean time don't give up. Good luck in your journey and may God bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.