Does anyone know staffing agency for a medical assistants that willing to hire entry level

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 99 of 99)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

55 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Your right Matt. I just hope its meant to be.

Hi Jason, There are jobs out there for everyone just praying the God will bring the right one your way soon. Hang in there brother these are tough times. God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

No call back from Jefferson Hospital so that's a done deal.
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat..................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

54 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: No call back from Jefferson Hospital so that's a done deal.
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat..................

Hi Jason, I'm sorry you did not hear back from that Hospital. But everything happens for a reason. Do not give up. I like said before there is a job out there for everybody and yours will be here soon. Keep the faith and God bless.

april in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi Jason, I'm sorry you did not hear back from that Hospital. But everything happens for a reason. Do not give up. I like said before there is a job out there for everybody and yours will be here soon. Keep the faith and God bless.

I think that the career schools are simply a rip off because they know the stipulations behind majority of the programs and they give you misleading information and not adequate training to prepare students for the real world of the medical field. It's all about the money and I think the Better Business Bureau should be informed regarding it! It's not fair and right and even with certification as a medical assistant without experience no one will hire you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kiarbola in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Jason by any chance did you go Anthem Institute in Springfield, PA?

54 months ago

Kiarbola in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania said: Jason by any chance did you go Anthem Institute in Springfield, PA?

No Lincoln Tech in Northeast Philadelphia. Why do u ask????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kiarbola in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Just that your story sounded similar to someone who I heard about that went to my school. Out of curiosity, what would Jefferson have started you off with pay wise?

54 months ago

Kiarbola in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania said: Just that your story sounded similar to someone who I heard about that went to my school. Out of curiosity, what would Jefferson have started you off with pay wise?

It's ok. They would have start me out with about 11.35 per hour and a percentage raise for I think the first three years of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tam in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Honestly, I'm wondering if I would run into the problem of needing experience with anything else I should go back to school for. I don't want to end up in the same boat I'm in with the MA program I took. I was really considering continuing on in school for Nursing but do they require you to have a certain amount of experience before being able to qualify for employment as well. I don't want my education and schooling to be useless. If any one has any info, please fill me in. Thanks.

Hey April, What shcool did you go too

jsoares in willingboro, New Jersey

54 months ago

I thought I was the only one having this problem. Nice to know I am not alone. Jobs are out there. very little of them and hard to find. Came acrossed one last month with no experience or cert needed. By the time i got to it the postion was filled. And some places you can use your extern as experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

april in Grand Prairie, Texas

54 months ago

Tam in Dallas, Texas said: Hey April, What shcool did you go too

Went to Sanford Brown in Dallas, TX

Tam in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

I know a girl who went to Richland College and she was hired right after her externship making 19.00 and hour at Medical City. I also attend Richland College and I was wondering if it depends on the school you go to that determines if you get hired. Reading all these post makes me feel like I may be going to school for medical assisting for nothing bbut im trying to keep a positive attitude and continue on.

april in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

Tam in Dallas, Texas said: I know a girl who went to Richland College and she was hired right after her externship making 19.00 and hour at Medical City. I also attend Richland College and I was wondering if it depends on the school you go to that determines if you get hired. Reading all these post makes me feel like I may be going to school for medical assisting for nothing bbut im trying to keep a positive attitude and continue on.

It probably does depends on where you received your training for a good deal, I wasn't very pleased with the training at Sanford Brown it was not thorough training, a good deal of the material was barely taught. The community colleges I'm sure has a much higher standard of teaching and the school is more replicable. Private career schools overcharge students entirely. Sometimes it's better to go longer so that maybe your success may be greater. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tam in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

Thanx, yeah I started to go that route with PCI but something told me to just go ahead and go through the college and financial aid pays for the classes but not your books so I just hope to get out and find a job. I hope everything works out for you as well.

Snow123 in Texas

54 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: Thanks Kristy, I appreciate the info.

Hi April in Dallas,

I also live in Dallas and I'm about to go to one of medical schools in Dallas to become a MA.
Reading this threds I was very discouraged and I'm not sure if I really should go for it or not.

I'd like to know (since we live in the same city) if
it would be hard to get a job after graduation and what is the percentage that students will get a job after internship?
Would you also tell me the name of school that you attended?

Kreed in Richardson, Texas

49 months ago

Snow123 in Texas said: Hi April in Dallas,

I also live in Dallas and I'm about to go to one of medical schools in Dallas to become a MA.
Reading this threds I was very discouraged and I'm not sure if I really should go for it or not.

I'd like to know (since we live in the same city) if
it would be hard to get a job after graduation and what is the percentage that students will get a job after internship?
Would you also tell me the name of school that you attended?

Hi Snow123
What school you are planning to attend?

I planning to take the MA program at Sanford-Brown Dallas or Concorde Career Inst Campus Dallas but still debating.

titi0108 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

47 months ago

april in Dallas, Texas said: I think that the career schools are simply a rip off because they know the stipulations behind majority of the programs and they give you misleading information and not adequate training to prepare students for the real world of the medical field. It's all about the money and I think the Better Business Bureau should be informed regarding it! It's not fair and right and even with certification as a medical assistant without experience no one will hire you!

OMG!! I am in the very same situation...I just graduated Drake College of Business and it was the biggest rip off EVER!!! They promised sooo much but at the end they did not do anything promised and although i never struggled academically, it was a nightmare. The ghettoist school ever! they took my grant money never gave it back to me and wont give me my diploma over 90 dollars also dont even help look for a job. I am done with school but now wont get hired because i dont have experience??? how are you suppose to get a job if you cant get experience..on top of that my course did not include basic life support certification or CPR which is needed to look for most medical assistant jobs...too bad that I noticed this 15000 usd later =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

If you find one let me know.

May_Ada88 in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

I went to an MA school as well and before graduating we had to complete an externship of 180 hrs at one of their approved locations. I had a child and was working another part time job so i could not do my externship during regular clinic hours. I chose to go to the Harris County Jail and worked in their clinic with other MA's nurses and doctors. During my externship I spoke to the other MA's and signed up to work with the same agency they were working for. I was immediately hired through the staffing agency and was placed to work in the same place the Harris County Jail in Houston. If I had wanted to I could have even applied for a position within the county instead of the agency. For those of you who dont know where to look. Look on craiglist or look into county jails. Try printing a million resumes and drop them off at regular clinic or offices. It works.

kim g in Littleton, Colorado

37 months ago

Women in Grand Junction, Colorado said: My sister got a job at a nursing home as a high paid C.N.A. after two years she got a job at a plastic surgeonso office. I am finishing my undergraduate degree in March, but took all of my A&P classes as well as Medical office managment classses under a general degree (Interdisciplinary Skills) because I didnt want to focus completly on being a MA, I took a lot of Psychology classes too as I thought I wanted a shot at working as an intake counselor at a rehab clinic for addicts. I am starting to wonder if I didnt waist a lot of money and time, that now I might not be able to do either. What do you guys think?

Hi Woman in Grand Junction did your sister only go to school for cna or?
Hi Woman In Grand Juction so did your sister only go to school for cna and she got a high paying job or?

MA instructor in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

I feel for all of you but.....there is a way to get a job its all about how you word your resume and if you really want something you will get it.. As to wording yoru resume you have experience, in the classroom, you have newly aquired skills and education in the medical field that will enable you to be molded into the medical assistant that the office wants. You dont come with baggage of another office. so with this new education and skills you can be a valuable asset to the facility.showing on paper is one thing showing it in a interview is another.. best of luck to all. still apply even if it says 1 year experience if u want it it will be...

Missie08 in Bear, Delaware

36 months ago

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Been out of school since January and still haven't found a job! Get some responses that say even though your credentials are noteworthy we have decided to go with other candidates. I am even having trouble getting in with retail stores!

What are we to do?

Shawn19 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Cristina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I graduated in 06 as a medical assistant and still can't land a job. Everyone is looking for certified or 1 yr experience so it's very hard. I'm just looking for a foot in the door somebody plzzz help

Did you ever find out I to am a Medical Assistant and looking for foot in door

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Jason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yeah Matt, I think I'm about to go back to school for my first love. Art has been in my blood sense birth but I always loved helping and healing people.

Or perhaps you could teach art.

Shawn19 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Nothing comes up

MRS LAWSON in Decatur, Georgia

35 months ago

I FEEL THE SAME WAY IVE BEEN OUT OF SCHOOL 5YRS AND STILL HAVENT FOUND A JOB I EVEN HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH 4YRS OF OFFICE MANAGEMENT IN N DOCTORS OFFICE. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH WHEN I DIDNT HAVE AN EDUCATION I HAD A GOOD MEDICA JOB VERSES NOW THAT I HAVE AN EDUCATION AND IT SEEMS SO HARDTO EVEN FIND A JOB IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.

looking forever in Glendale, Arizona

35 months ago

I'm looking for a job as a Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy position. I did everything had more than 3,000 resume giving out online for more than a year, but it seems like I have no chance at all. I went to the job fair and job hunting but there's no luck. I paid $40.00 for a professional online that remake my resume but still nobody calls me for an interview. Any body Help!! in Arizona.

kelbel in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

I'm so confused... My ultimate goal is to become a PT but the year of schooling is long and Im currently 36 with 2 boys 5 and 3 and they r busy....So then I thought about being an XRay Tech but like hmm dont know....Then Im like maybe I'll look into being a MA(Medical Assistant)but after reading yalls stories I'm like well maybe not.... Ive also thought of looking into being a Respiratory Therapist.... I live in los angeles,ca and I've been on the various employment websites and there are lots of jobs out here for MA's....However they're lost of positions for PT/PTA's.... There's this lil' voice inside of me that keeps saying go for your passion and thats being a PTA.... However there are not a lot of schools that offer the PTA program at the junior college except for 1 and its about 30min away from where I stay... Also because its the only local jc that offers it the getting in process is difficult and a litte discouraging because they only let a limited amount into the program... So like 100ppl can apply but only let like 15/20ppl in and then if you already have your degree in kinesology or experience in the field then you get prefernce... So dont know what to do and lots of decisions to make.... Also Im a licen CNA..... My passion is sports medicine....I was also told by my CNA instructor that I would make an excellent PTA because Ive just have a natural talent for it ..... So confused on what to due because I dont have much time or money... MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I JUST TRY TO GET INTO THE PTA PROGRAM AT THE JC OR SHOULD I LOOK INTO AN ACCREDITED VOCATIONAL SCHOOL THAT OFFERS PTA.... I HEAR THEY MAKE GREAT MONEY AND ITS A REWARDING CAREER W/ ROOM TO GROW AND THE FIELD IS GOING TO BE BOOMING IN YEARS TO COME???? ALSO MY OTHER ISSUE/QUESTION I THINK IM TO OLD WHATS YALL TAKE ON THAT IM 36 YEARS OLD??????? ANY TIPS/SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT..........

Andrea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

I just ran across this online and I feel for you guys as I have been looking since December 2007. I have a bachelor's in fine art and current certification as a CMA. I can"t even begin to tell you how many jobs i have applied for. Over the past five years I have gotten 3 interviews and 6 callbacks (including those I interviewd for). I went to Pennsylvania Institute of Technology. We did have some assistance from the school, as in they would send us the same jobs we could look up on monster. there was such a high number of us not finding jobs that they stopped doing that all together. Even the lady assumed that it was my fault saying that there was something wrong with my resume. i sent it to her and she had no comment. these schools and teachers will tell you that you can use your internship or externship as experience, dont listen to them. another downfall is emr, ehr was not used until a year or more after i graduated, which is another set back for me. i have followed all the advice i have been given and still no callbacks. i have volunteered in hospitals and done some side work to keep busy and fill in employment gaps. I recently applied to entry level job that you didnt need experience and went there and personally handed my resume and even chatted with one of the ladies. what people don't realize is it all depends on where you live, your experience, who you know and timing. I was told by another professional in the same field that most jobs posted already have someone in mind that they are going to hire, but they have to post the job anyway. Here's another example, all 3 of my cousins got hired to work front desk at a doctors office with no experience or qualifications. Agency wont take me because i dont have a year experience , externship does not count. and that reply from the ma instructor is typical. there are people who love being a medical assistant and are really good at it, its not at all that we dont want it enough. Thats an ignorant statement.

24 months ago

If anyone wants to chat, or has any positive feedback or information, especially those of you in Philadelphia please respond, i can relate to what you are going through.

Shawn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

I also went to Pennsylvania Institute of Technology Andrea and only had 2 call backs but still no job

24 months ago

Andrea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: If anyone wants to chat, or has any positive feedback or information, especially those of you in Philadelphia please respond, i can relate to what you are going through.

Where can I contact you at

Girl from the South in Ridgeville, South Carolina

24 months ago

I have many of years (15) and still having difficulty getting employment with this new online applying. Has never taken me this long to get employment, until now.

24 months ago

What year did you graduate shawn?
Is it safe to post email address here?

Girl from the South in Charleston, South Carolina

24 months ago

I have many years experience, (15) and has never taken me this long to get employment. Now that this new online way of applying, over 200 apps.+ still applying everyday, constantly.

24 months ago

I saw a job a couple weeks ago in levitown and it was entry level, will train. They left a number to contact and I was there an hour later filling out an application and handing them my resume and talking to one of the ladies. While i was sitting there filling out the app. I couldnt begin to even tell you how many times the phone rang with poeple asking about the job. I called a week later to check on my application status and they told me it was filled. I asked to talk to the lady for some feedback and they got testy, lol.

Girl from the South in Charleston, South Carolina

24 months ago

I took my thang down to redo city, oops, didn't realize was duplicate, my bad. "Andrea" I went to ConCorde Career Institute in Jacksonville, FL. When I first came back home to SC, they didn't know what a CMA was, which was @ 17 yrs.ago, now it's like there are too many CMA's and not enough jobs to go around.

24 months ago

Yes, it is like that now and a lot of people are going into nursing because of it.

24 months ago

I graduated in 2008 Andrea

Ti in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

If I knew what I know now back then I would not have wasted my time going to medical assistant school. What I should have done was go to CCP and taken their MA program instead of going to a for profit school which was called Cittone back then. Smh I graduated in 2006 and have never had a job being a MA after awhile I stopped wasting my money renewing my certification, why should I when its not even being used.When look back at my student loans the only part I get mad about is the money I have to pay back for nothing smh. I always tell people aviod going to school to be a CMA its a waste of time you are better off going to school to be a CNA you have a better chance at being hired for a job. But thank Goodness for my BSA now I am on my way to med school. Oh yeah if you plan on working on a undergrad degree all of your credits that you have recieved in Medical assiting school will not be accepted and if so they will only be considered as elelctive! Thats another reason for me to SMH. But GOOD LUCK with the job search I truly know everyone's pain!

24 months ago

The only reason i had went to PIT was because my best friend had went there the year before and got a job right away, PIT had good reputation and a high highering rate compared to the other schools like it. Now im thinking that is bull. I initially started at CCP taking nursing prerequisites, then I thought if i could get into a hospital as an MA, they would hire me and do tuition reimbursement. I thought even at least if i couldnt get into a hospital that at least i would be able to have a full time job with benefits and save some money for nursing school. I shouldve just stuck with the nursing classes but i didnt want to take out anymore school loans. boy did i mess that up! well looks like i will just have to do it anyway or save for one class ata time. I'm just afraid i will end up in the same boat i am in now. I know its taking nurses over a year to find work now, but at least when they find it, it will be better pay and benefits. Idk, should i just go work at walmart and let my teeth fall out or just throw caution to the wind.

24 months ago

sorry meant high hiring rate. lol

baldeman in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

It,s wild that everyone seems to want to work for someone else and usually when they finally get a job (not what they were looking for), they seem to think that climbing that next rung up the ladder of education will prove successful. Maybe starting your own business may be the answer. Try it i am and i,m an hha.

ddrew in Columbus, Ohio

20 months ago

luzma_17 in Modesto, California said: WELL ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT IM VERY PISSED AT THE SCHOOL I WENT TO. THEY PROMISE TO HELP YOU BUT AS SOON AS YOU GRADUATE THEY COMPLETELY IGNORE YOU. I GRADUATED 6 YEARS AGO! 6 YEARS... I GAVE UP AND WENT BACK TO SCHOOL. THATS WHAT I GET FOR WANTING TO TAKE THE FAST LANE AND GO INTO AN 8 MONTH PROGRAM.

i went to everest institute and still cannot find a job it is 2013 i graduated in 2009 and they did completely ignore me and promised to help me I call the school constantly and never get a reply i even went to the school but still i get nothing I dnt knw wht else to do.

mmk_14 in Rotterdam, Netherlands

20 months ago

You might want to check out www.ajbma.com. It is a job bank for medical assistants only. Good luck!

Ronnie_robinson78@yahoo.com in Saint Louis, Missouri

7 months ago

I live in st Louis area. I graduated from Medical Assistant school back in 2011 of May. I am getting the same response you all are getting. Telling me I need experience, but let's be honest how are we going to get it if no one will hire us. I consider doing the volunteering my time somewhere to get the experience,but that didn't work our for me because I have 2 kids to support so I have to work and where I live doctor offices are not opening on weekends. So it's hard. This is my passion and my desire to be a M. A. that's why I went to school for it in the first place. Back in the 90's before I got into it. I was told I need to go to school and now that I have now I need experience. At school I was told my schooling and externship was considered experience too. I don't want to give up on it again, because I am too passionate about being a M.A. Someone please give me some advice.

Cindy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Good luck with that Jason, I've been applying for the past year for MA at Jefferson and no luck.

Cindy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

ddrew in Columbus, Ohio said: i went to everest institute and still cannot find a job it is 2013 i graduated in 2009 and they did completely ignore me and promised to help me I call the school constantly and never get a reply i even went to the school but still i get nothing I dnt knw wht else to do.

I agree with you on that. They were bullsh*tting me around as well

Tami Pallan in Long Beach, California

4 months ago

Well I went to Charter College in long beach,ca. and they promised to help you find a job if you didn't get hired at your externship site yah all these schools are fraud. and I am in the same predictament. and all the jobs posted want 2-3yrs expierence and be Bilingual last time I checked I live in America. So I feel your agony and what makes me mad is that I graduated with honors and a GPA of 4.0 and others that didn't even go to school everyday got externship sites that were hiring and got hired that's what pisses me off the most.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.