Comments (101 to 150 of 208)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Latasha in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

Congradulations on the job interview!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Latasha in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

Everybody has an opinion just like everyone has a ass **** but with that said I felt like that comment was rude!! As for me I made the Dean's List passed my EKG and Phlebotomy exam as well as being certified in CPR, HIV/AIDS, OSHA and First Aid and if make a mistake in spelling that's exactly what it is a mistake!! I just think that God has a plan for all of us and our turn for a job/ career is coming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N in Elgin, Illinois

36 months ago

yes I agree with that. Nobody want to give us opprotunity

gabster in Montclair, California

36 months ago

Well you are right for these program we need to know what we are writing and its a very important to have perfect spelling, a little mistake can make a big difference in a patients chart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NORMA in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

iT'S SO SAD .. BUT TRUE I RECENTLY GRADUATED AS AN MA AND NO JOB.... THE SCHOOL DOESNT HELP AT ALL...

N in Des Plaines, Illinois

36 months ago

I just worry that I will forget what Ilearned in school before somebody will hire me. I dont know what to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shanellegilder@yahoo.com in Riverside, California

36 months ago

I am in dallas tx not ca..
I have been a MA for 6 yrs I've only worked twice once as an intern for 4wks and once recently with a staffing agency for 4 months..I have plenty hand on experience and will never forgey what I learned..but they aren't hiring me..they say because there are so many new MAs you can pay then cheaper straight out of school I'm just asking for 14 hr start..I'm worth it..I know my stuff plus I do injections and blood draws,ekgs,I can even to stress test and help with bubble studys!..I've done it all..yes in 4 months I was everywhere..making sure I learned as much as possible..and I'm very smart,sweet and can wow a pt and take orders well yet and still no one will hire me ..it sucks..so I'm heading back to school for my nurse pract license orPA one of the two..

danaescobar08@hotmail.com in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB IF ALL THE JOBS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD REQUIRE EXPERIENCE, JOBS DON'T WANT NEW GRADS.

Hi!! well you have to sell yourself a bit tell why you are the best candidate for there company or clnic. Tell that you are a recent graduate but they can try u you for a fews day and to see them self that you are the best candidate. tell them all your good qualification and skill.

gabster in Montclair, California

36 months ago

I know how sad, we are with no jobs, after we went to school and went to the internship that very depressing, we wasted our time. and also our gas. with those gas prices and unemployed, well sorry for my spelling again maybe I should go back and take an advance English class. or go back to fast food restaurants. I am about to give up on medical assistant. ma-universe I don't believe on you. you just want our money and we do not have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NewDT in Elgin, Illinois

35 months ago

N in Elgin, Illinois said: yes I agree with that. Nobody want to give us opprotunity

Which school did you go to? I live in Elgin & am trying to figure out where or if to go for MA. I am a CNA & Dialysis Tech & need more skills.

N in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

35 months ago

I went at Zarem Gold ORT Technical Institute at skokie IL. But my school I believe will start CNA clasess soon. I will go. I think CNA job to find easir than Medical Assistant. For now I am certified Medical Assistant EKG and Phlebotmy and still no luck with job.

NewDT in Elgin, Illinois

35 months ago

N in Rolling Meadows, Illinois said: I went at Zarem Gold ORT Technical Institute at skokie IL. But my school I believe will start CNA clasess soon. I will go. I think CNA job to find easir than Medical Assistant. For now I am certified Medical Assistant EKG and Phlebotmy and still no luck with job.

I say do it because at my last job at Delnor they say the require their medical assistants to also be CNA's, doesn't mean you ever need to do the butt wiping part but it's he missing link on your resume.

NewDT in Elgin, Illinois

35 months ago

Delnor Hospital in Geneva IL is what I was talking about.

N in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

35 months ago

If you want you can call the sschool where I went at ORT Technical Institute you can find them on internet and get their phone number I can not psot here. Ask to speak with Anita Johnson she is healthcare program coordinator and I think she will give you more information about Medical Assistant program.

NewDT in Elgin, Illinois

35 months ago

I looked, Skokie is WAY to far for me unfortunately but thank you.

NewDT in Elgin, Illinois

35 months ago

N in Bartlett, Illinois said: Also some places want to be certified as AAMA or AMT. But my school where I went provided NHA examination. And I am certified throught NHA. And of course everybody want 2 or 3 years experince. School does not help a lot they dont care about you after you graduate. They told if I am not a student I can not be there anymore. Its so stupid.

Hi, if you live in Bartlet what school did you go to?

abby in Bronx, New York

35 months ago

hi everyone can someone help me i need some help because im a graduated medical assistant and now im looking to do something el in the health field i have cardiovascular technician in mind with the sandford brown school does anyone no if thats a good choice of career in new york city any one experianced please help me i need some wise advice....thanxx

abby in Bronx, New York

35 months ago

njm

LuckyK in Cerritos, California

35 months ago

I was really shocked by all I read here.

To tell the truth, I don't trust a lot of those vocational schools other than the really big ones (ITT, DeVry, University of Phoenix)

I do trust..

Community colleges ( look at their "community education" catalogue as well as the regular course catalogue)

Continuing or Extended education courses at universities, especially State universities.

Adult education schools or occupational programs run by your local school district.

shanelle_ma in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

Ma-universe is a SCAM!..do not go there..do not give them your info..DON'T!

35 months ago

Haha..first off..they are a scam..why would u need to pay $50.00 for a resume???if you are an MA you have all the skills to do your own..secondly..I was a honor roll student the whole time I was in school..I have 6 yrs experience as well as a job were I also make way over 16.00 and hour...but it did take me awhile to find a job...so who are you fooling..the same person from "ma-universe" writes replies under many different aliases...this is why they are on here PREYING on these new girls just out of school here..

I'm sure you are one of those "girls who work at ma-universe that work when they get off"

Sorry sweetheart but you don't fool me..MA's THERE ARE PLENTY OF PLACES HIRING..TRY THE COUNTY HOSPITAL..THEY HIRE NEW MA's..TRY TEMP AGENCIES SOMETIME THEY CAN PAY UP TO 21.00 AN HOUR..AND YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND 50.00 on a RESUME..ITS NOT EASY BUT YOU CAN DO IT..!!...DON'T USE MA-UNIVERSE..THEY ARE A SCAM !

35 months ago

Hmm...I'm gonna report this company to the better business bureau..I can't write a sentence..ok..awesome..haha..but I'm working..ok ill say again...MA-UNIVERSE is a SCAM..hahaha..thank you for the laugh..obviously your apart of this scam..making fake replies for this company...hahaha..since you chose to take my comment personally..wow..you guys have NO morals at all do you???????????...so sad....I will be reporting this company for trying to take ppl for their money in these trying times......its GROSS...you should be ashamed!

imfocused90 in Los Angeles, California

34 months ago

i been looking for a job for over a year got turned down so may times for experienced M.A's. How are we suppose to gain any experience if we are not given the oppurtunity to prove our selves. I swear something needs to be done i want to sue sooo bad for false advertisement making you believe if you pay all this money for a school you will have a bright and promising future. I have loans companys on my tail wanting their money for unpaid loans. SMH the stress of all this is overwhelming I honestly will be happy if they take they loan back and let me go to school for somethig that i can actually get a job in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justgrad in Walnut Creek, California

33 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB IF ALL THE JOBS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD REQUIRE EXPERIENCE, JOBS DON'T WANT NEW GRADS.

I know what you mean. How are you supposed to get experience when only they want to hire people with experience. I think they should make it equal opportunity for us also.

Sam in Birmingham ala in Nashville, Tennessee

33 months ago

I graduated one year ago so I know how you all feel. I agree there should be some regulatory laws to stop this behavior from continuing. Most of you went through what I went through and that's being used for free labor only to find out later that you went down this road after spending a good amount of money. The only advice I can give is spread the word and let your friends and family know to avoid for profit schools. When for profit schools are involved you tend to see education mills where they turn students out all the while taking your money. If past graduates would get together like the occupy wall street you would not see these boards filled with the same story of people working hard towards disappointment instead of working towards a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

charlotte p in Decatur, Georgia

33 months ago

Angelap in North Richland Hills, Texas said: I just recently graduated from Medical Assisting school in November, Im so upset because I cant find a job. Everytime I have an interview I get a letter or an email saying they hired someone with more experience. They have so many schools turning out thousands of MA's with no luck with a job. All these schools are making good money promising a bright future. They get there money and were stuck paying back money for nothing.

You are right on the money, My so went to evert shool and he hatted go a job these schools are making big money for lyeing to people, the government should stop this unless they are gettinh a piece og the pie.

Ryan in San Juan Capistrano, California

33 months ago

I have a question for you: When you apply to these jobs, how many hours have you put into Externships from your school, and has anyone noticed that bringing these up in interviews makes a difference?

Say if you had 100 hours vs 350 hours in Externship locations? Just curious...

dlee in Saint Paul, Minnesota

33 months ago

It is so true about Medical Assistant. I graduated one year ago and got nothing. Been to about 5 face to face interview and 3 phone screen and got no call back for the position. I probably say some things that are not good enough or am I just not professional enough!. I don’t know! Got an offer at small clinic for $12.00 an hour with no benefit and no PTO; nothing. Just straight $12.00 and then I decided to turn it down. Come to think of it, I do regret it not taking the job offer. I mean I should have taken the job for an experience but I thought that it was too low. I got my Registered Medical Assistant and deciding if I should get my Certified Medical Assistant. Is it worth it if I don't even have a job in that field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

looking forever in Glendale, Arizona

33 months ago

Hello everybody. I graduated a year ago Oct. 2010, but it's really hard to find a job as an MA. I don't expect this happened. The school was so promising. It's really hard to find an MA job. Even phlebotomy position. Is there anybody's hiring in Arizona? I've been looking for a job forever.

Sam in Birmingham ala in Nashville, Tennessee

33 months ago

Mr. Brownson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I may be crazy, but reading through these posts, I hope many of you don't talk the way you type! If this is how you type or write, this may be the reason you are not getting a job. When you submit a resume, or go to an interview, it is about how you look, how you speak, how you write, and how you present yourself that matters. You are not entitled to a job JUST because you went to school to be a Medical Assistant. I read on here a girl who said she got straight A's, but I could hardly read her post there were so many grammatical errors. You need to impress people when you meet them for a job, not just "show up," It is hard for everybody in this economy - not just MA's. I am a recruiter for Engineering - and trust me, none of you are alone, but it is the whole package, not just your education that matters.
if you are a recruiter for engineering why are you a Medical Assistant? And another thing you seem to be very arrogant to post about someones grammer? Are you serious? With all the money these people spent they expect a job be it in their home town or on the surface of the moon. When you put in a job advertisement that you want one years worth of experience you pretty much blackball recent graduates. So Mr proper grammar how are graduates supposed to gain employment in this enviornment esp since the medical field seems to be the only area that does not have massive layoffs. I bet you are just some fool who goes to message boards just to insult good people who have a legit gripe with those who used them for free labor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Awful in Glendale, Arizona

33 months ago

@Mr. Brownson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; You show your arrogant behavior to us because we are not fortunate just like you!! How about if you are in our situation right now. How would you feel without a job? and can't even afford to pay the student loan, and all the bills that are necessary to get paid every month. You said that you can't hardly read because there's so many grammatical errors? so, you are not smart enough Mr. Proper Grammar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JoMc in Orlando, Florida

33 months ago

The Catch-22 for MA graduates is: No Experience...No Job. No Job...No Experience.

I finished my externship in Jan. 2011. In school, I received academic and perfect attendance awards. I made the Alpha Kappa Honor Society. When I graduated, I thought that I would not have a problem finding a job (I mean, I was such an outstanding student, what doctor wouldn't want me). NOT!

I got a great job two weeks ago. I got the job on Craigslist and as it happened, my school also sent the doctor my resume. He told me that he had 190 responses from his listing on Craigslist. 190 Responses!!!!
That lets you know what you are up against out there in the cold, cruel world of reality.

There are two excellent job boards: Indeed.com and Simplyhired.com. They post listings from a wide variety of job boards. I also got a lot of good advise on About.com. Of particular interest, is their interview questions and the best answers.

All I can say is keep submitting your cover letter and resume. I'm well aware this doesn't mean a lot when you have to pay your student loans and everyday bills.

And to Mr. Brownson: I don't know what sick satisfaction you got from your post unless you like kicking people when they are down. If you are a recruiter for engineering, why are you reading a MA forum? I don't have much use for worthless indivduals like you and other MA's on this forum should feel the same way. I DO hope you were able to read my post.

Leiah in Denver, Colorado

32 months ago

I am SOO glad I found this site. I was considering getting my Phlebotomy and MA, as my Master's degree is useless now due to government layoffs and funding losses. It sounds like I am just looking at more expense, and more heartache. Darn... NOW what am I going to do? Go to work at McDonald's??? Sigh. I am SOOO discouraged!

JoMc in Orlando, Florida

32 months ago

Leiah,

Becoming a Medical Assistant is a very good job. It is one field that is predicted to grow until at.

I think what is causing so much frustration for many graduates is the "no experience" barrier and in some cases the bilingual wall. I thnk we were "blindsided" by the fact that because MA is such a good field, we thought we would have no problem getting a job after graduating school. And, no, the schools don't prepare us for what lies ahead after we graduate. They just keep pumping out MA's and multiply the number of schools doing this and we face a lot of competition. I think if we knew that before paying money to go to school, we would have had a long discussion with ourselves.

One person made the comment that dr. office's are reluctant to hire graduates because schools are turning out graduates that are not prepared for a positions as MA's. I'm afraid I have to agree with that comment. I know for a fact that some employers will not even consider hiring MA's from certain schools. So you have to consider THAT!

I know all this sounds pretty discouraging and it problably is. My question is this: Would the majority of us gone to school if we knew what we know now?

Leiah in Denver, Colorado

32 months ago

You make an excellent point. I have been doing a lot of research, and I find it more than discouraging. Sure, it is a good job, if you can get it. But when I found that students who work on a volunteer basis for several months still can't get hired, I decided that putting even more money into an already groaning student loan load was the height of senselessness. So, here I am with a Bachelor's degree in Math, a Master's degree in Science, and sitting on unemployment, wondering what to do next. My work was already phased out in my Master's degree, whole forensics offices got shut down and everyone got laid off nearly six years ago, including people with up to 15 years more experience than I had. And those jobs aren't coming back. Looking at Indeed for jobs posted in the last couple of days, there is an Auditor position for the Department of Energy (Ph.D. and G-12), and a fry-slinger at McDonald's. The new EEG tech position I found requires no less than three years of experience.

I am, for the first time in my life, totally at a loss as to what to do next. I have sent out over 100 resumes, but with the job market the way it is, even shooting for jobs that require only a high school degree and the ability to type more than 30 words a minute (I actually type 95) won't even call me back. Businesses are all about "lean and mean" these days - well, they certainly got the "mean" part right. The company I was working for has outsourced 80% of it's jobs to the Philippines and India. I was really hoping that, with my degrees, Medicine might be the way to go, but apparently, that isn't going to work either.

Anyone have any other ideas?

MA with experience in Glendale, Arizona

32 months ago

imfocused90 in Los Angeles, California said: i been looking for a job for over a year got turned down so may times for experienced M.A's. How are we suppose to gain any experience if we are not given the oppurtunity to prove our selves. I swear something needs to be done i want to sue sooo bad for false advertisement making you believe if you pay all this money for a school you will have a bright and promising future. I have loans companys on my tail wanting their money for unpaid loans. SMH the stress of all this is overwhelming I honestly will be happy if they take they loan back and let me go to school for somethig that i can actually get a job in.

I am in the same page. It's waste of money and time. The place that I went for my externship kept me for a while. I worked there 12 hours a week but after 10 months they let me go because every month, they have this new students do their externship and work for free.

Sleep Tech in Rushville, Illinois

32 months ago

Leiah in Denver, Colorado said: You make an excellent point. I have been doing a lot of research, and I find it more than discouraging. Sure, it is a good job, if you can get it. But when I found that students who work on a volunteer basis for several months still can't get hired, I decided that putting even more money into an already groaning student loan load was the height of senselessness. So, here I am with a Bachelor's degree in Math, a Master's degree in Science, and sitting on unemployment, wondering what to do next. My work was already phased out in my Master's degree, whole forensics offices got shut down and everyone got laid off nearly six years ago, including people with up to 15 years more experience than I had. And those jobs aren't coming back. Looking at Indeed for jobs posted in the last couple of days, there is an Auditor position for the Department of Energy (Ph.D. and G-12), and a fry-slinger at McDonald's. The new EEG tech position I found requires no less than three years of experience.

I am, for the first time in my life, totally at a loss as to what to do next. I have sent out over 100 resumes, but with the job market the way it is, even shooting for jobs that require only a high school degree and the ability to type more than 30 words a minute (I actually type 95) won't even call me back. Businesses are all about "lean and mean" these days - well, they certainly got the "mean" part right. The company I was working for has outsourced 80% of it's jobs to the Philippines and India. I was really hoping that, with my degrees, Medicine might be the way to go, but apparently, that isn't going to work either.
Anyone have any other ideas?

Leiah if you're looking at healthcare you still might want to try going to Phlebotomy training and getting your foot in the door at a hospital. Or going to get your nursing assistant (CNA) certification. They'd be the quickest ways to get into a health job. Or EMT training for that matter.

N in Wheaton, Illinois

32 months ago

That why I am doing nursing assistant now. Hopeffuly it will be easier to find a job than MA

MirloZ in Boston, Massachusetts

32 months ago

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that. It is a tough economy, and there are so many people in the same position as you are.

My suggestion to you, which i am sure many others have told you, is to just keep applying everywhere. Don't give up. But, in the mean time you should try and get internships, or volunteer positions. I understand that you are trying to get a full-time position, but an internship or volunteering position will boost your resume. It is much better than having a blank period of time where you did nothing. I guarantee to you that when an employee looks at your resume and sees a 6 months period of time where you did not work they will have questions.

Also, review your resume. Since you don't have much experience it is necessary that you highlight you education, focus on it. Try to list project (related to the job) that you have worked on that you have excelled.

Best of luck!!!
MirloZ @ www.careerinfo411.com

Brenda in Middleville, Michigan

30 months ago

N in Rolling Meadows, Illinois said: I went at Zarem Gold ORT Technical Institute at skokie IL. But my school I believe will start CNA clasess soon. I will go. I think CNA job to find easir than Medical Assistant. For now I am certified Medical Assistant EKG and Phlebotmy and still no luck with job.

Were you able to find a job? I have been sourcing for an MA position in Chicago, Ill. If you would please send me your e-mail in word document.

Mykhia21 in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

No one will hire you without experience, I've been looking for a year! I'm just about over it! The schools are making out like bandits! It's so ridiculous! I don't know what to do anymore. And I have experience in hospitals and long term care and as a private duty C.N.A, but not as a M.A, you would think that was good enough, but no! They want you to have experience in a medical office, and with whatever kind of doctor it is and bi-lingual! You can't win! You have a better chance of winning the lottery!!!!

eklannoo in Detroit, Michigan

27 months ago

Just a friendly F.Y.I. I graduated high school in 1971. Trying to find my first job was difficult because: Everyone wanted experience. Wanting experienced workers is as old as payment for jobs. WAY back in the day people , men, would trade for labor. You have something I want and I have something you want. They worked out a deal. Eventually men were working for cash payment. As the need rose for laborers and the amount of laborers looking for work rose there were more men looking for jobs than there was work available. Now the employer could choose whom he wanted working for him. Over time employers were able to be picky about who he hired. Training new employees cost money and time. So if a potential employee already had experience then he was awarded the position over the guy without experience.
If you needed to hire someone to help you with a task would you want the person without experience or the person with? My suggestion, not that it matters, is to find an employment agency such as Kelly Services, an agency that places medical personnel. It so happens that Kelly Services does. Volunteer in hospitals and homes for the elderly. Gain some sort of experience anyway you can. And do not be picky about where or when you work or picky about the tasks required. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Samuel in Birmingham, Alabama

27 months ago

eklannoo in Detroit, Michigan said: Just a friendly F.Y.I. I graduated high school in 1971. Trying to find my first job was difficult because: Everyone wanted experience. Wanting experienced workers is as old as payment for jobs. WAY back in the day people , men, would trade for labor. You have something I want and I have something you want. They worked out a deal. Eventually men were working for cash payment. As the need rose for laborers and the amount of laborers looking for work rose there were more men looking for jobs than there was work available. Now the employer could choose whom he wanted working for him. Over time employers were able to be picky about who he hired. Training new employees cost money and time. So if a potential employee already had experience then he was awarded the position over the guy without experience.
If you needed to hire someone to help you with a task would you want the person without experience or the person with? My suggestion, not that it matters, is to find an employment agency such as Kelly Services, an agency that places medical personnel. It so happens that Kelly Services does. Volunteer in hospitals and homes for the elderly. Gain some sort of experience anyway you can. And do not be picky about where or when you work or picky about the tasks required. Good Luck.

Most employers want one years experience even through temp agencies. Why would i want to volunteer for something that i wanted to get paid for in the first place esp since i spent a lot of money with the idea that i would be able to get gainful employment. This is not the old days this is modern times where if i tell you that you can do x,y,z and after i charge you a large sum of money it does not materialize thats called fraud plain and simple.

27 months ago

If you cannot find it in you to volunteer then why do you want to work in the health care field? Volunteer or be paid, doing both because you want to help a person have a better quality of life. Volunteer because you will gain experience. I was told by a HR requiter that a person who volunteers in the facility they are seeking employment in will be considered for employment BEFORE someone off the streets. They will consider someone who is working in housekeeping BEFORE someone off the streets. Do ANYTHING you can within a Hospital to gain knowledge of how hospitals function. A private physician will also look at volunteers and housekeepers BEFORE someone off of the streets. and OF COURSE you need accredited training first. Are you CERTIFIED? I am finding that a certification is required for EVERY aspect of medical/housekeeping work. YES, it is still exactly like the old days. AND did the school you were trained at GUARENTEE you employment or did they say GUARANTEED ASSISTANCE? AND you have to interview for the position just as everyone else. You made be exelent at what you have learned but what if you are not a "good fit" with the olther employees. NO it is not fraud. Read your contract again, I will bet that it does NOT Say you are GUARENTEED immediate employment.

Also, I have been forced to change careers do to the economy. All of my experience, clerical/accounting, has been in the automotive industry. I live in Detroit, MI, the automotive capital of the world. I am 60 years old and not able to retire yet. I went to an accredited (CAAHEP) school for Medical Assistant, I have not been able to locate work either. The field is becomming crowded.

Again, as far as obtaining employment within the field you studied for is difficult. Obtaining employment doing ANYTHING is difficult. How many of your friends who have graduated from college are working in the profession that they majored in? Point of my passion is NOTHING IS FREE in life.

looking4answers

26 months ago

I was recently laid off from my job of 7 yrs, I was a Rehab tech for a convalescent home. My question is now I wanna go back to school to become either an ultrasound tech or a medical assistant but I have been reading that the schools promise job placement right away but the cliniks and hospitals dont hire because of lack of expirience, does any one know if my 7 yrs as a Rehab tech and ofcourse school training n externship will help me get hired? I realy dont want to go to school if it wont help me once I graduate.. thank u and Good luck to all of u!

26 months ago

I recently spoke with a Rep from a well respected school for medical training regarding this very subject. NO SCHOOL promises that they will Get You a Job" what they do do is: They have a list of possible employers and also, employers call them quite regular. The person handling this checks the file of graduates and finds those closest to the requirements of the prospective employer. You are called and asked if they can forward your resume. You say yes and it is sent over that day. Usually the same day the request for a potential employee is received. If the employer likes your resume they will call you and arainge an interview. If the interview goes well, THEN you are hired. It depends on the medical facility if your past experience is tranferable or not. Good Luck. Remember, you will be a newbe and you will be competing with others who have experience. It is up to you to convience the doctor that he should hire YOU INSTEAD of someone with experience. It is a tough world. It is what can be said to be: "An employers market". There are just too candidates to choose from.

26 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: You would be wrong.

ALL the for profit trade schools go out and "promise you a job". Only problem is that the promise is not put in writing and in reality the school lawyer has drafted written documents saying that the school doesn't promise anything.

If people knew the true employment rate of graduates from schools such as Everest college, Heald College, Devry University, University of Phoenix, ITT Technical Institute then they would never go to those colleges in the first place.

Every one is missing the point. NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE! Just because you voluntered to gain extra education does not mean I HAVE TO HIRE YOU. Does anyone think that JUST MAYBE you stink at interviews. Maybe no one likes the way you look or smell or how you cross your Ts. The only thing any school can do is Lead you to a prospective emplpoyer, It Is UP TO YOU to wow them with your charm and professionalism and the intelligent way you talk and BODY LANGUAGE say a WHOLE LOT about a person.

Stop whining and face the facts that you may not be as good a catch as you think.
again, NO SCHOOL Can Guarantee you a job. What if they did and you bomb at the job, should that employer call the school again for some one new???? REALLY??? I wouldn't, I would call another school and write that one off of my list.

GROW UP PEOPLE....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in El Cajon, California

26 months ago

Angelap in North Richland Hills, Texas said: I just recently graduated from Medical Assisting school in November, Im so upset because I cant find a job. Everytime I have an interview I get a letter or an email saying they hired someone with more experience. They have so many schools turning out thousands of MA's with no luck with a job. All these schools are making good money promising a bright future. They get there money and were stuck paying back money for nothing.

I know what you mean. I graduated in 1997 as a medical assistant, had no experience, so no job. Have you tried applying at a clinic? I worked at Quest Diagnostics working with specimens at a graveyard shift right after I graduated but the shift was horrible I quit after 2 years. Working with urine was gross.

26 months ago

So Sad! Even if you work in retail for minimum wage the employer will decide to replace some of it's employees.
Employers just don't want to give benefits anymore, it's easier for employers to replace you with someone new then to give any kind of benefit.

26 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: Yes sad but gotta keep sending out resumes. I have been online all morning sending out and applying on line. So what do u do while your waiting ?

I have applied to over 100 jobs. I am on this computer day and night applying for jobs. It's crazy! San Diego, CA
I am on unemployment and it is about to run out.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.