Finding a medical assistant job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 83)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Jagdai Ramdath in Great Neck, New York

90 months ago

I am looking for medical assistant job I got my MA certificate ,,RMA certificate, CPR certified,Phlebotomy certificate,EKG certificate and still looking to find a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

Jagdai Ramdath said: I am looking for medical assistant job I got my MA certificate ,,RMA certificate, CPR certified,Phlebotomy certificate,EKG certificate and still looking to find a job

Click here to look at jobs in your area.

www.indeed.com/jobs?q=medical+assistant&l=great+neck%2C+ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

peacefulone

90 months ago

I hope this does not sound bad, but you might haft to move another sate. I know a lot of people are moving to other states to find employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Monica Wilson in Caseyville, Illinois

90 months ago

I graduated from a school for medical assisting over a year ago. I am a certified,RMA,CPR certificate and still cannot find a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Minneapolis, Minnesota

89 months ago

I'm still in school for medical assisting, but I dont have much longer to go before I'm don. I'm just a little nervous about being able to find employment when I'm done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

peacefulone in Charlotte, North Carolina

89 months ago

Wayne thaks for you help. I truly apologize for taking so long to say thank you. I am looking for medical billing positions. I would also like to become certified nationally. Help please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in La Grange, North Carolina

86 months ago

Hello My name is Cindy I have graduate from the Medical Assistant program last year not certified and unable to find work....What books can help me prepare myself better for the MA exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

86 months ago

Guide

Your own really. My school issued us a book that was about preparing for the RMA and AAMA exams and the CD included had tests on it that were SO hard. You are better off reviewing your texts and notes. If you would like to take the RMA exam,which wasn't so bad,and would like a copy of the RMA Preview Exam,which WILL give you an idea on what to study for,then email me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jennifer thompson in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

I would actually love to have a copy of the rma preview exam also if you would not mind sending me it .
jmart178@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krisbowl in Vest, Kentucky

85 months ago

I am a Certified Nurse Assistant, and a Certified Medication Technician. I would very much be interested in taking the RMA exam to add to my credentials. Could you please email the notes @ christine_collins41@eku.edu

Thank You

Christine Collins

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PreciousK

84 months ago

I finished up as a M.A 2 months ago and still can't find employment because I don't have much experience with being a Medical Assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rma in illinois in O Fallon, Illinois

84 months ago

I graduated for a medical assistant program over a year and a half ago and I am just recently finding a job.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

84 months ago

Guide

Can you be more specific? Like what is different about this one that you were able to finally be accepted without experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SB in New Haven, Connecticut

84 months ago

I am a recent grad from CT and I am looking for a job as a Medical Assistant. I'm not certified yet so I feel like that's holding me back. I'm dissapointed b/c everyone was telling me that Medical Assistants are in such High Demand. If so then why can't I find a job.I need to find one soon b/c I have a school loan to pay back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joaquin in New York, New York

84 months ago

Where are you from? If Westchester county reply.

PreciousK said: I finished up as a M.A 2 months ago and still can't find employment because I don't have much experience with being a Medical Assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joaquin in New York, New York

84 months ago

Did you find anything yet?

PreciousK said: I finished up as a M.A 2 months ago and still can't find employment because I don't have much experience with being a Medical Assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PreciousK in Baltimore, Maryland

84 months ago

No because there's not much out here and no one wants to give you a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

traci in Lake Worth, Florida

83 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: Your own really. My school issued us a book that was about preparing for the RMA and AAMA exams and the CD included had tests on it that were SO hard. You are better off reviewing your texts and notes. If you would like to take the RMA exam,which wasn't so bad,and would like a copy of the RMA Preview Exam,which WILL give you an idea on what to study for,then email me.

thanks i'd really appreciate any review help

akateenut in Villa Rica, Georgia

83 months ago

I recently graduated from a Medical Assistant course, and I would like to know how I go about taking the RMA exam. The CMA exam will not be given again until June of '08 and I would like to at least get registered before then. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Guide

You go to the American Medical Technologists website at www.amt1.com/
and go to their RMA section. If you have any questions,e-mail the person in charge or call.

When the time comes,write me and I will send you the preview exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

een

83 months ago

Jagdai Ramdath in Great Neck, New York said: I am looking for medical assistant job I got my MA certificate ,,RMA certificate, CPR certified,Phlebotomy certificate,EKG certificate and still looking to find a job

come to clifton nj there are a ton of ma jobs for someone with your resume

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

een

82 months ago

SB in New Haven, Connecticut said: I am a recent grad from CT and I am looking for a job as a Medical Assistant. I'm not certified yet so I feel like that's holding me back. I'm dissapointed b/c everyone was telling me that Medical Assistants are in such High Demand. If so then why can't I find a job.I need to find one soon b/c I have a school loan to pay back.

MA's are in high demand if u have 1 to 2 yrs experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

AMS

82 months ago

I am a nursing assistant in a hospital, but want to get off the floor and work in a physician's office. So, I was trying to decide between LPN school and MA. I've seen a few ads for MA on the hospital classifieds, and all of them want you to have MA education already. So, I am considering. Is it hard to learn phlebotomy?

AMS

82 months ago

I am a nursing assistant in a hospital and would love to get off the floor and work in a physician's office. Am currently trying to decide between LPN school and MA.

Anna731 in Cleveland, Ohio

82 months ago

Is it hard to study phlebotomy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jagdai in Woodhaven, New York

82 months ago

Hi Anna it is not hard to study Phlebotomy.There is nothing you cannot do you just have to focus,it is very easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jagdai in Woodhaven, New York

82 months ago

Hi I was thinking about moving but my son is in a good high school and i do not want him to change his school.Thank you for your suggestion.

claudia in Woodside, New York

80 months ago

Joaquin in New York, New York said: Did you find anything yet?

did u find a job yet the place where i work at there hiring for front desk,receptionist

claudia in Woodside, New York

80 months ago

Jagdai Ramdath in Great Neck, New York said: I am looking for medical assistant job I got my MA certificate ,,RMA certificate, CPR certified,Phlebotomy certificate,EKG certificate and still looking to find a job

bythe waythe job is in queens in 75th and roosevelt

Elena in Dover, New Jersey

79 months ago

the same with you..And , except what you have, I do have two certifications more, Certified Cardiographic Technician and Certified Nursing Assistant..but still cant find a job..
I know that it is harder for me because attending the college, my hours are limited in Wed. Thurs. and weekend but still....
Well, god luck to everybody..

Jackye in Pompano Beach, Florida

78 months ago

Looking for a Medical Assistant for Weston, FL
jfa2@bellsouth.net

hello in Woodside, New York

78 months ago

my questio is u willing to pay for relocation? i live in queens,NY

Jagdai Ramdath in Mineola, New York

77 months ago

Wayne in Austin, Texas said: Click here to look at jobs in your area.

www.indeed.com/jobs?q=medical+assistant&l=great+neck%2C+ny

Hi Wayne thank you for your information it was very helpful. my email address is jagdai@hotmail.com

Jagdai Ramdath in Mineola, New York

77 months ago

AMS said: I am a nursing assistant in a hospital, but want to get off the floor and work in a physician's office. So, I was trying to decide between LPN school and MA. I've seen a few ads for MA on the hospital classifieds, and all of them want you to have MA education already. So, I am considering. Is it hard to learn phlebotomy?

Hi my name is lily , my best advice to you dont be afraid to do the Phlebotomy because it is very simple. also the expercience is great.I am a Rigestered Medical assistant, Certified Phlebotomy technician, and Electrocardiograph Technician.I will like to find out how to get the hospital classified, please let me know by sending a email to me. My email address is jagdairamdath@hotmail.com.

theresa in Cleveland, Ohio

77 months ago

jennifer thompson in Dallas, Texas said: I would actually love to have a copy of the rma preview exam also if you would not mind sending me it .
jmart178@yahoo.com

Jen,
you have the ma books study from them that is what i did and i got a 92/100 on the exam 70 is passing. the test is hard take the time to study what you have learned it is timed and mine was on the computer...review each nite or morning for an hour a day the parts of the body,notes from laboratory, secretarial notes, and anything your school gave you billing coding medical terms and such and you should do fine the hard part is finding the job....good luck ps tell me when you get it ok the test changes every year and there are several versions of the test so ask your school for a sample and read your books cover to cover and know the terms it will help in the long run EKG, urinanlysis, blood draws ect the tools like what is use in the exams the position of the exams are good startng points I know i took the test and am glad that i did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LexBubble in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I graduated from a Medical assisting school in November 2006. It took me about 5 months to find a job at a Doctors office. I got hired for two part time positions after my externship. I worked there for a year and put out a bunch of applications for a full time position and got at least 50 call backs for interviews within the past few months. I went on about 10 interviews and was offered 6 great positions. I picked the one that was best suited for me. I still have not taken my RMA exam and have no certifications at this time. I think for thoes of you that are having troubble getting hired in the medical field it may be your location. I live in Philadelphia and their are 10 major hospitals withing 10 miles of me. Good luck everyone. Keep trying and applying! Look in the phone book and call every doctors office in your area and ask for their fax number and fax them! Mail your resume and cover letter to the HR department of every hospital in your area and keep sending them until you get a call back. Make applying a full time job and I gaurentee you will find a job.

michelle in San Diego, California

74 months ago

i've graduated this march and havent found a job yet because i dont have any experience in the field.How am i supposed to get experience if they dont hire me.

LexBubble in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

michelle, you have to keep trying and applying. you should try applying at all the very small practices in your area, they are usually inclined to hire staff with less experience so they can pay them less. make a great cover letter to go with your resume. your school should help you. you may have to settle with something less than perfexct for your first job to get your foot in the door. good luck

viv_kusum in San Bernardino, California

74 months ago

hi,
I m on H4 visa and just completed my medical assistant course was looking for some hospital to sponsor me work permit if any one can help me plzz do let me know...what should be done i was planning on during physician assistant if i get job as an MA.
waiting for some help..
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Candida in Harrisville, Rhode Island

73 months ago

I have been looking now for a little over a year for a MA job. I have applied to over 100 MA positions and only got interviewed twice.... I keep getting the same story.... NOT ENOUGH EXPERIENCE. I have been turned down for a few jobs I have applied for because I don't speak spanish. I'm an american why would I want to learn a new language just to get a job.... what happened to the rights of the american citizen... It is so frustrating when you can't get the job because no one wants to take a chance on you because you don't have enough experience..... (well you need the job to get the experience). I did the internship and I got a great review but that still doesn't seem to help.... I'm so fed up with it I want to just throw out the certificates and work for McDonalds... at least I know they will hire me without experience. What happened to this world... (Greed that is what happened)

shanda el sisi in Rego Park, New York

73 months ago

claudia in Woodside, New York said: bythe waythe job is in queens in 75th and roosevelt

Hi are the looking for bilingual. Believe me I know how are it is out there to find a job.

shanda el sisi in Rego Park, New York

73 months ago

I'm a certified clinical medical assistant also a associate student and still can't find a job yet. All the are asking for are you experience. Well in my opinion if you did internship i don't see why someone can't give us a change. Someone give them a chance. This doctors were resident too,and because someone give them a chance their are doctors now. I think they should really think about their situation before they become a doctor.

It's really sad for us especially when we have to pay back student loan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candida in Harrisville, Rhode Island

73 months ago

I completely agree with that. Even Nurses they get a chance. we went to school and paid for it then we deserve a chance too. I'm so fed up with hearing not enough experience.

alicia

73 months ago

Hi everybody
I came to the conclusion that I can't find a job in the medical field. I applied to every hospital, doctors office, and lab that I could think of. I never got a call back from any of them. So I gave up. I started applying for retail positions. I was offered a full time, with benefits, positions at retail. Unfortunalty I could have found a job like that with no education.

ZeeZee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

I am a medical assistant who has recently moved to New York from Georgia. I had it lucky considering that my extern experience landed me the job the first week that I arrived at the site. The Doctor was impressed with my attitude which played a HUGE role in keeping me as an employee. I worked at this clinic for 6 months until I decided to go back to school for Clinical Technician. Where I lived it was hard finding a college offering this program. So here I am in another state and starting fresh.

I haven't had any luck yet, but am I quitting? NO! I worked too hard to give up! I put too much money in it to give up! And I know that all it takes is one foot in that medical field and the "DOOR" will be open for you in other areas. You never know who you will meet or how you will touch the lives of other people. And you never know where you will land 5 years from now in this great field of study.

For all of you who are feeling discouraged, shake it off!! Did you hear me? SHAKE IT OFF and try again. If it means working retail until that phone call comes through, if it means working at temp agencies to pay your bills, if it means applying at 100 more clinics and hospitals.. Do it! We all worked far too hard to give up.

Good Luck Everyone (and myself) ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

myshu in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

i am in h4 status.i want to do medical assisting.can i study being h4 student or i have to change my status?
i want funds to study.how can i get?
after completing MA,how can i get jobs after that?please help me in this.

grateful970009 in Cumberland Center, Maine

73 months ago

I actually am getting ready to study for the RMA test. I have years of on the job training and experience and schooling as well. It has just been a long time since the schooling. I need to re-familiarize myself with information and study. If anyone has any suggestions to prepare for the test or a good "pre test/sample test" to take so I have an idea of the RMA test, I would really appreciate it. I am thinking about purchasing the Kaplan MA Exam book but do not know much about it.
Thanks for any help

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

Guide

In my profile (click on my initials) is my email address. I have a copy of the RMA Preview Exam I can mail out,to give you an idea as to how the test is.

Tabetha in Granbury, Texas

73 months ago

I am fixen to be starting school for a medical Assistant. I am kinda scared though, because I was In Special Ed classes all through school. I did graduate but I dont really know math all the well, so I was wondering what type of math Is Involved and just how hard the program Is. thanks

ricky in Springfield, Missouri

73 months ago

yall are sucka's I hate my program, I am goin back to tha millitary.........

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.