Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 74 of 74)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Riza in Glendale, Arizona

50 months ago

Donna in Tempe, AZ said: Alot of interviewers ask previous employers How you present yourself, how you interacted with co-workers and mostly with the patients, and would they ever consider hiring you again. It is very limited on what they can ask you can contact the labor employee rights and ask what question can and can't be asked.

Hello Donna, Will you advice me, what's the best place for Externship in Medical Assistant? What is the best Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cass14 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

45 months ago

i need help with examples of interview questiones tomorrow is my first medical assistant interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

cass14 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

45 months ago

I need help towmorrow i hab my first interview and im really nervous what questions will they ask

DIANA66 in Fulton, New York

44 months ago

I will be starting a medical assistant class in September. I need to interview people who are already in this field so I can get my class funded. Questions like ..
How long have you been in the field?
Salary?
Likes dislikes?
If you would like to help me out my email is dnodine66@yahoo.com

I would really appreciate your help.

thank you!!

Diana

as in Fresno, California

44 months ago

I have been a medical assistant for four years and I love it. But, if you are looking for a well paying occupation this isn't for you. It has potential but you have to train in many different areas to a greater extent then what they teach you (no matter what the salesmen say at the school). To get paid well you need experience, a great work ethic and business classes, such as: business communication, typing, front office procedures, coding and pursue in-depth studies like psychology if you want to work in neurology. Getting an EMT certificate if useful as well. Again, this is if you want a higher pay. If making a little above min. wage is okay with you and you like assisting people then, you will be very satisfied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Southlake, Texas

44 months ago

Tantang in Denver, Colorado said: I have graduated from a medical institute in 2007. I try to find a job as a medical assistant, but it is very difficult, because i only have my externship experience, and have never worked in the field. I sent out my resume for months, and got no response from the interviewers. I am thinking about being a volunteer in order to continue to gain experience, or it's time to change my career, but i just don't want to give up on it. It's so frustrating, and don't know what to do!
I wish there is anyone who can give me some advices, and appreciate for help!!!

Hi,
I just wanted to know if you found a job yet. I graduated last October and have not been able to find anything yet--not one face to face interveiew.

zulma in Warrenton, Virginia

44 months ago

i was like you guys before but u know what i did? i try to apply in a temporary agency?? thats how i got some experience apply in a temporary agency>>>>>>>>>>>

Just need a chance in Carrollton, Georgia

44 months ago

I graduated from a medical institute in April 2010, Just passed state exam so I am now a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant I am having a tough time finding employment in my surrounding areas is there any advise where to look and answers to the interview questions... Please help... precoia.horton@yahoo.com

CMA in Lansing, Illinois

44 months ago

It was hard for me to. I have 4 years experience, recently I just found a job after being out of the field for 4 years. It's going to take some time, but I think you should volunteer at a hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

maria in Southlake, Texas

44 months ago

thanks so much for the update.that was my next approach

thanya in El Paso, Texas

43 months ago

Tantang in Denver, Colorado said: I have graduated from a medical institute in 2007. I try to find a job as a medical assistant, but it is very difficult, because i only have my externship experience, and have never worked in the field. I sent out my resume for months, and got no response from the interviewers. I am thinking about being a volunteer in order to continue to gain experience, or it's time to change my career, but i just don't want to give up on it. It's so frustrating, and don't know what to do!
I wish there is anyone who can give me some advices, and appreciate for help!!!

Hello!! let me tell you an idea.. you should try in a Dialysis Center they always are hiring... ( Davita) apply for the PCT possition (patient care technician) they will give you the opportunity and they also have good benefits.

im in indiana kendallville in South Bend, Indiana

37 months ago

cant find job for 2 years

Amanda in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

desperate in San Jose, California said: i am one of them.... my husband is right...its only a propaganda " we will find you a job" but that is not true...they only want the money...

i just finished with school last year october 2010 and i just got a call back for an interview 1st one since i graduated....my school told me that they will help in any way possible and that is so not true the website i use is careerlink.com and that is the same as my school used to try to help me get a job....and the resume i found out that you can add you externship as a work history on there because that shows that you have had some type of experience working a doctors office...i got help with my resume from m school and they told me that i could not use that as work history and guess what i did and now i have an interview....the school i went to i will not report that i have found a position in the medical field and i will not ever recommend them to anyone the are just money hungry seekers looking to find someone that really wants to better their life and then screw them in the long run

CMA in Lansing, Illinois

36 months ago

Don't get discouraged, try indeed.com or Mercy-chicago.org. They are hiring. Good luck

s.cope in Coldwater, Michigan

36 months ago

neza in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I have graduated from a Medical Assistant program 8 months ago. Frustrated I no longer know what to do, I send and email a lot off applications still no response. can any help me find a job. i am open to any good advice.

I have found that follow up calls are very helpful. Or even better going to the location in person and if necessary explaining that I have an updated resume for them to consider should a posistion become available.I have letters of reference from coworkers and employers and I have had a couple of people critique my resume, because it is your only impression to them until you meet for an interview. Perhap your school has a career services department that would give you some constructive criticism.

yoyo88 in Raleigh, North Carolina

35 months ago

I just finished school for MA in April. I have had 3 interviews so far. When it really came down to it, it was all about experience. I just feel like I'm hitting a road block. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem? Where I went to school that had a class about honing your resume and interview preparations. But they didn't talk about how to overcome experience. Yes I have listed my internship. I had one tell me that she was afraid I would leave if I got hired. I love doing this job but I'm starting to wonder did I make a good decision about going into this field. Also I'm preparing to take my CMA exams. Can anyone tell me what the test is really like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hather in Milford, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Dinah in Snellville, GA in Loganville, GA said: I have just graduated as a medical assistant and I am finding it difficult to get a job because of inexperience. Can someone help me get a job.

that was my situation but the best thin to do when u see any body any body in a medical field call them meet with themm u have to follow and keep calling them u have to bother them its the best way when u need a jop u have to strugle for it dont let it go away u have to call them almost every day that what a doctor told me in this way they will keep an eye on u and they really like people who will be willing to work not just send the resume or fill online and just wait.... doesnot work!! and good luck..

MA Mom in Glendale, Arizona

34 months ago

Is there anybody is hiring in Glendale Arizona? I've been looking for a job for 8 months now. I already did my job hunting and drop-off more than 50 resume but never hear anything. Also in craigslist most offices say " Do not call just fax your resume or email"

joyce in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

34 months ago

longbeachdoctor in Lakewood, California said: As a physician, I see a lot of these posts and am really encouraged by some of the people here. I have a busy practice and have gone through so many medical assistants who were not honest. I don't care if they have no experience. I have trained one of the MA's I have and don't mind. I do mind taking patient messages and throwing them away, texting while there at work and there is work to be done, facebook while patients are standing in front of them, and hiding work so we can't see it hasn't been done. As an employer dedication and honesty are by far the most important qualities. I have a medical assistant that really is a team player and I have doubled her salary since she has been with me. If an employer feels like you are doing your job, they will bend over backwards to make you happy.

Thank you that was encouraging words, I have been looking for a MA position for three months, I have had interviews but no offers, I am beginning to lose hope, I am really good at what I do, but no one is willing to give me a chance, that's all I need. What do I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VicDe

31 months ago

It's the same for me. Although, i do have a second interview and the employer interviewing me wants to observe me during the 2nd interview. I'm worried...what is there to observe?? HELP!!

yoyo66 in Charlotte, North Carolina

31 months ago

VicDe said: It's the same for me. Although, i do have a second interview and the employer interviewing me wants to observe me during the 2nd interview. I'm worried...what is there to observe?? HELP!!

One of my classmates had the same thing happen to her on her second interview they may ask you to do a procedure and observe you doing it.For her it was drawing blood she said she was nervous but the Dr. said she did a good job and hired her on the spot. I hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

MA still jobless in Glendale, Arizona

31 months ago

BaseballCheer816 in Jeffersonville, Indiana said: I am an office manager for a hospital owned physician group. I have worked here for 20 years....and I am not like most office managers who interview that are rigid. I prefer that people relax, enjoy yourself (as much as possible),because I would rather see a person's personality instead of what their grade point ave was. Good Luck, if you lived in Indiana, I would help you.

You are such a wonderful person. I had few interviews but I felt being terrorized.

medass38 in Piketon, Ohio

22 months ago

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky said: Eve 22 hit did ok with this question. Ma1 in Wyckoff is leading totally in the wrong direction. Never, ever give an employee a weakness. Why would you want to supply an employer with negative info. When asked about a weakness, always give them what is actually a strength!!! Don't even mention the weakness in your sentence when answering. ex. I feel a sense of urgency to complete a project,even when the deadline is days away. I find it difficult to pass a partially completed task to someone else for completion. It is difficult to start my day until my desk is organized and my "to do list" is written. These are some quick examples off the top of my head. But do you see how these are not just negative statements but actually strengths your employer will be glad you have, versus a comment like. I hate deadlines, I never feel like I will reach them... I am always putting things off until the last minute...I am not much of a morning person but I do fine after a few cups of coffee. I hope you see the point I am making, listing the strengths are easy, turning a weakness into a strength is something you can work on. Most examples will be good for any interview.

I recently had an interview for a medical assistant position and was asked to name a weakness. I really couldn't think of anything without making it negative. Thank goodness I was called back for a second interview which gave me time to think about weaknesses. The one thing i noticed about myself is that I tend to take things to heart, like if a doctor or nurse is angry about something and I feel it's personal. but in my answer for this I stated that I feel when that happens I turn into a positive by doing a quick self check and ask myself "did I do anything to make them angry?". if so what was it? more than likely it is someone or something else that has put them in the mood they are in but I feel it keeps me on my toes!

inmyopinion in Redding, California

20 months ago

Attention "vicque fassinger in Cleveland, Ohio" how would you answer those questions? I think a lot of us know the questions, just not the right answers. Whoever said; "there is no right or wrong answer", was wrong. We'd all like to "just be ourselves" and "be honest", but we all know no employer is going to want someone who is honest about wanting top pay with no experience, and/or an applicant who wants to keep going to college while working (therefore a changing schedule/availability). I don't have young children, but some applicants do, it is not smart to be too honest about any potential child care issues, or that your car is broke down and you will be having to ride the bus to work, or need health insurance for your health condition, and so on. Honesty is not always the best policy. They are not going to be 100% honest with you either. I'd like to see some good answers to the interview questions, from people who have had successful interviews. Sure, we'd all have to personalize them, but there must be "right answers" (or better answers) out there, that maybe some of us did not think of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.