MEDICAL ASSISTANT VS LPN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1357)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

75 months ago

Guide

I don't know too much about the NHA but I do know that in order to take the certifying exam from either AAMA or AMT,then you had to have gone to an accredited school and have put in so many hours. Once certified you can work in any state as an MA. There is no "state exam" for MAs except in CA and maybe some other states. Some schools will have the test on the site if they can get a proctor.

I have been questioning the length of many MA programs,and have been wondering if they need to be as long as they are. I think in some cases they are stretched out to get more money from students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

G in Sewell, New Jersey

75 months ago

I do beleive your right concerning the length of time.I just hope that if I do take up the MA course at Chubb that I will be able to work in another state. I just received this info 2day so I'll make some phone calls 2morrow regarding the NHA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

darlene in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

well i am in school enrolled in the diploma program for medical assisting. i don't understand how a classmate of mine earned her associate's degree in medical assisting and we're making the same amount of money. i got hired at the facility where i was performing my externship hours. i don't graduate until october, but we make the same amount of money. it seems like you should just settle for the diploma program instead of spending more time in school for an associate degree if the pay is going to be the same.....go figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mickie in Mt.Vernon in Mount Vernon, Washington

73 months ago

Is there anyone out there who has gone to Everest Tech school for Medical Assistant? If so what did you think of it, and what state was it in? I don't have exsperience in the medical field but am very interested. With what I have been reading I'm beginning to feel alittle nervous about what to do.Personally speaking, anytime I have been to a hospital or doctors office I have never had a bad exsperience with a nurse or MA.I would think both fields are important at working together. Thank you,Mickie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

Guide

You need to look up Everest on www.ripoffreport.com. Doesn't sound good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mickie in Mt.Vernon in Mount Vernon, Washington

73 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: You need to look up Everest on www.ripoffreport.com. Doesn't sound good.

Thank You LC in cleveland I'll check it out.Mickie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Chesapeake, Virginia

73 months ago

Man if I only knew what I was getting myself into! Do not become a medical assistant. Challenge yourself to become more than a medical assistant. What we learned in those few months we could have applied in it in becomming a RN or Nurse. These schools don't tell you what the turn over rate is in students getting a job after college. I wised someone would have told me the honest truth about ma's, believe me I would not have continued. I made a vow to tell someone at my school to reconsider what they are doing and unenroll. BECOME a Nurse!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Krystine in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Was it worth it to go to short program like HEALD OR EVEREST for MEDICAL ASSISTANT OR MEDICAL ADMIN? while waiting to get in for Nursing program? I need help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

THE KID in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

I GO OUT ON EXTERN IN FOUR WEEKS AND i AM EXCITED! I HOPE TO GET HIRED AT METHODIST. IN THEIR MINOR CARE CLINIC. YOU GET PAID MORE IN THE CLINIC THAN IN THE HOSPITAL PLUS THE HOURS ARE BETTER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Oh thanks for the advice...The only thing is that I found out about the tuition was too expensive...Goodluck to you...

Katie in Seattle, Washington

73 months ago

I'm not sure if it's worth doing the MA for 8 months for 8,000 or the LVN for 15 months for 16,000. Is that pay and job duties that much diff?

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

Guide

YES. LPNs can start out at $15 hourly while MAs,if they are lucky enough to FIND a job,can start at $8. You will hear just the opposite in a MA program,that there are plenty of jobs out there just waiting for you,that the pay is great,and the biggest lie of all,that MAs are "phasing out LPNs" which gives a lot of gullible students the impression that they are going to be similar to being a nurse. ALL nurses have so much more opportunities,so many different avenues to take (school nurse,prison nurse,flu shot clinics,home visiting nurse,etc) and these doors don't want an MA to enter. MAs are very limited in what they can apply for and the hiring of them is very selective,because there are so many graduates looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Vancouver, Washington

73 months ago

Hi! I recently visited Concorde Career Institute to talk to them about their Surgical Technologist and LPN programs. Instead I was sort of talked into the Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray program. The MA program is about 10 months, and the LPN is about 13 months. The cost for the LPN program is quite a bit more.

I've worked in home health and nursing homes before as a caregiver (basically I did all the same things a CNA did without having the certification) and I really don't want to go back to that. I would much rather work in a hospital or doctor's office and work a regular 40 hour work week. Now that I went through the application process i'm starting to have second thoughts about the MA program.

As far as I know it's not too late to change my mind and switch over to the LPN program. I do like the fact that the MA program offers 3 months of x-ray training though. Has anyone here gone to Concorde and which program do you recommend?

73 months ago

I thought about those programs couple days ago and I realize that I'd rather wait to be an RN its worth of waiting and for sure there is job security and pays really well. MA's are fine too but some say that it can pay up to 19/hr here in California.

Lori in Seattle, Washington

72 months ago

Katie in Seattle, Washington said: I'm not sure if it's worth doing the MA for 8 months for 8,000 or the LVN for 15 months for 16,000. Is that pay and job duties that much diff?

FYI I did attend a MA program at Bryman 3 years ago, I was very lucky because I worked for a local hospital as an executive assistant for 5 VP's for 5 years and I had extensive Administrative Background before I graduated from Bryman. I went to a Cardiology job right out of school which I have been with for 3 years now and love it, I have the opportunity now to be trained as a Nuclear Stress Technican with the same company. I have been lucky and make a good salary that I am happy with. However, if I had to do it again, I would have taken the LPN or LVN program somwhere, because if you want to go towards nursing this is an easier route than transitioning from MA to LPN as you have to redo school, which I am looking for online. I am having trouble finding an online school to get the LPN degree, I really don't want to quit to go to school full time, I was hoping for evening study, but not finding that so far. Personally if you like administrative along with some clinical go for just MA, but you may wish later that you went for the LPN or LVN to go into Nursing later!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mishell kerr in Dolton, Illinois

72 months ago

I am just finishing up my MA Dip. but I think I should have gone straight into LPN. Is the CMA Exam difficult?
?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed in California in San Leandro, California

72 months ago

In california MA's work almost everywhere Clinics, Private doctor offices, Hospitals the only place I haven't encountered any MA's are in long term care facilities. Any they are trained to do alot of the duties LVN's perform here, that's the same as an LPN. In California The nurse makes more money and would have a schedule that would fluctuate around a seven day week, the MA's usually work Monday thru Friday and are off on weekends unless they work in a hospital like Kaiser where their likely to work on the weekend. I feel the LVN is more lucrative in California, the MA jobs are harder to get here, because they want to much experience compared to the LVN and on top of that, there are so many schools turning out MA's left and right that there are just to many of them. I worked as a Certified Nurse Assistant for over 10 years and due to my injury I'm looking to do something where I don't have lift anyone. The MA would be good for that,but like I said it's tough to get a position even though I"ve been in the medical field. I earned my Dental Assistant certificate in 2004 and have yet to get a job
, schools are training people but your're not promised a job. It's been tough to even land an interview. Good luck all, I hope this information helps someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay_Ahr in Lowell, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Terry B. in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Hi I am a medical assistant in Atlanta, Ga. I have been in health care for about 3yrs. I love what i do. I have taken the exam to become a Registered Medical Assistant, and there is no where i can go far as career. I work with LPN and they do make more. And now i am trying to get in to a LPN program for 18 mos.And yes!!!!! I am a man.

GLAD TO HEAR THERE ARE MEN IN THE MA PROGRAM. THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. AND GOOD FOR YOU. =]

mirella in Kissimmee, Florida

72 months ago

i am a certified MA looking for work either in kissimmee or orland florida
ps. i also have a notary public license in case any one needs one my prices are resonable starting at $3.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

-Indeed Admin- in Stamford, Connecticut

72 months ago

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for joining the Indeed forums! Here you can find advice, stories, questions and discussions all about medical assistants, but there is a much better way to find the job you really want.

Just enter in the job you're looking for in the search field above and click the "find jobs" button to see all the job listings. From there you can apply directly to the job on their site with out having to post your private contact information on a public forum. And please let me know if you need any help using the search or any of our other tools.

Best of luck with your search!

Sincerely,

Indeed Admin

Lenise Lovett in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

72 months ago

I am a recent graduate of a MA program. I found it hard at first to find a job. I went on interview after inerview and still was unemployed. I finally got a job and I am making $16. Here in Wisconsin LPNs and MAs make around the same with maybe a couple $$ difference. An LPN is more restricted here. They are usually in Long term care and thats it. There are opportunites for MA in hospitals, clinics and doctors offices. I am very happy with my decision because now I feel that I wont be stuck in a certain type of position, but I will have the chance to have an enjoyable job while Im continuing my nursing degree to become an RN. So I feel that this is a personal decision and it depends on the type of career path u want. Good Luck to you....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DNichols in Kansas City, Missouri

72 months ago

I'm the Placement Director for a private career college in Missouri that offers MAA training. If you're looking for a school that offers MAA training, look at who their accrediting body is. Ours is ACICS and I can tell you that it's extensive! Our retention rates are REQUIRED to be no less than 60% and our placement rates are REQUIRED to be no less than 65%. (My placement rate, by the way, is 80%.) Publicly funded istitutions in MO aren't required to publish their placement rates. I have to track my graduates for 2 YEARS after graduation. Therefore, it's in my best interest (to retain my job) to make sure that every graduate willing to work is working.

As far as those of you who are seeking employment but having a hard time finding it, check your resume FIRST. An unprofessional resume or an ugly resume or a resume with typos will find it's way into the trash very fast. Next, make sure you're completing the applications COMPLETELY with 0 errors. This is a HUGE complaint of the employers I work with. Last, are you interviewing well? Find as many interview questions as you can, come up with complete professional (and honest) answers and practice them. You can be an excellent candidate on paper but if you botch the interview, you're toast.

FYI - our campus reuqires every student to go through a Career Management class where we make sure the student has a professional resume with 0 errors, learn how to complete an application correctly, go through interview questions thoroughly AND I require my medical students to sit through 2 mock interviews with real healthcare recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

I-Val in Salem, Oregon

72 months ago

I've been a medical asst. for approx. a year and half now. I decided to take the limited x-ray of the program, which was a waste of time --- for me. In my area - someone who has their MA and limited X-ray license can start their pay at $18.00 and it goes up from there depending on experience. As of late, I've noticed that i'm becoming bored with this career - i love it at times, but there's definitely a wall as far as how challenging this career will take you. I'm surprised to see that out of state MA's only make minimum wage! That's crazy! My pay is double that and will only increase as I get more experience. I'm glad I took this path since I've always been interested in a medical career = but again, I'm starting to become aware of the burn-out phase and am exploring the path of nursing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shina in Hollywood, Florida

72 months ago

Marie in Vancouver, Washington said: Hi! I recently visited Concorde Career Institute to talk to them about their Surgical Technologist and LPN programs. Instead I was sort of talked into the Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray program. The MA program is about 10 months, and the LPN is about 13 months. The cost for the LPN program is quite a bit more.

I've worked in home health and nursing homes before as a caregiver (basically I did all the same things a CNA did without having the certification) and I really don't want to go back to that. I would much rather work in a hospital or doctor's office and work a regular 40 hour work week. Now that I went through the application process i'm starting to have second thoughts about the MA program.

As far as I know it's not too late to change my mind and switch over to the LPN program. I do like the fact that the MA program offers 3 months of x-ray training though. Has anyone here gone to Concorde and which program do you recommend?

I graduate from ATI college of health. And its hard to find a job as a MA. and the best thing for you to do become a Nurse or LPN. I wish I have know about the LPN program before the MA. The Pay sucks. You are wasting your time as an MA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skinkbts68 in Indianapolis, Indiana

71 months ago

Jamie in Santa Rosa, California said: I do belive they pay my MA's make more than $9.00 hr here in Cali, unless you workin in a olds people home but even then CNA make over $10.00 hr. Our minium wage is $8.00 why would someone go to school to get a carrer and only get paid $9.00.

I hear you on that note. I graduated in 06 with an Associates Degree in MA and I was certified 3 months after graduation. My first job started me out at a whopping 10.50/hr!!!!(lol) I couldn't believe it. I asked the recruiter this question: "Even with my Associates Degree, will I still only start out at 10.50/hr?" She said they start all of their MA's at this rate. I am even certified!! I guess that means nothing to them. I've been working with them for since 10/06, it's time to move on since I now have a year of experience. I like the work, just know the pay. This job has so many responsibilities, but we don't get paid for them.

71 months ago

I have the same Degree and still don't have a job so at this point I am going to school for the LPN program. But I am taking my time with school. So if I were you go back and better yourself in your education.

Janet NY in Brooklyn, New York

71 months ago

To everybody that love nursing and want to go into LPN or RN-first the first step is to take classes Health Sciense classes guet your associate first and thaen take your lpn exam,also you can transfer your associate to BSNursing and you know how by aplyn with South University on line.they will coath you into the rigth track dont be full by other school that tell you that you need to have a nursing classes first to become a nurse here I aam given you a help contac the South University at 1888-444-3404 the extension number is 4339 and ask for Jennifer Holzman she will help you like she did to me,and her direct number is 412-995-4339 this a good University they will treat you with respect lpn won never will be phase out that what alot school lie to the students,we always going to need the lpn and Rn.dont waist your time bugyn looking around here is the rigth answer trust me I was wrong before but now I am helping the one is need it.stop looking here is your future dont let nobody scam you.and then when you finish try to learn phlebotomy in your own there hospital that you can become a volonter where there are willing to teach you.God Blees you All.good luck to youll.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I would like to say, thank you for the info. I will call her and see if there are online classes for Miami Location. Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Indianapolis, Indiana

71 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: YES. LPNs can start out at $15 hourly while MAs,if they are lucky enough to FIND a job,can start at $8. You will hear just the opposite in a MA program,that there are plenty of jobs out there just waiting for you,that the pay is great,and the biggest lie of all,that MAs are "phasing out LPNs" which gives a lot of gullible students the impression that they are going to be similar to being a nurse. ALL nurses have so much more opportunities,so many different avenues to take (school nurse,prison nurse,flu shot clinics,home visiting nurse,etc) and these doors don't want an MA to enter. MAs are very limited in what they can apply for and the hiring of them is very selective,because there are so many graduates looking for a job.

I dont know where you live but i am a MA and i make 16. entry level. you seem uneducated on the facts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Indianapolis, Indiana

71 months ago

DAVE SAWYER in Aston, Pennsylvania said: My wife Janet is applying for admission to The Chubb Institute in Springfield, PA. Would this be a good school for her to take the Medical Assistant course which runs 26 weeks? Also, is Chubb's properly accredited? Janet was going to take the Red Cross course for CNA(Certified Nursing Assistant). Does anyone have any feedback on this course as well. This course with the Red Cross runs only 4 weeks, 8 hours a day, five times a week

I have my CNA and MA, CNA's can expect to make any where from 8-12 dollars an hour depending on location and experience. Big city, probably around 9 or 10. Small town? 8-9 entry level. Cna's are mostly limited to nursing homes, maybe maybe a hospital, which are alot harder to get into.

71 months ago

I ADVISE her to take a nursing course like an LPN or Rn. its okay to take the MA class but the jobs are very hard to get into its all about who you know and the experience that she have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Heather its good that you make what you make at entry level thats very good to start. But how can you say I'm uneduacated about the fact of MA's its what it is here in florida. it all about who you know and how many years of experience you have. working here and Miami Florida start pay as An MA is 8 to 10 an hour you have to have at least 2 years or more to work in an doctor office or and hopital. your be luck when you do your extern if they keep you.

Heather so uneducated.

jeanne in Casar, North Carolina

71 months ago

Can anyone tell me if there is some way you can challenge the board for lvn or lpn ? Is there any online schooling for lvn or lpn?
If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have worked in the medical field for 31 yrs. Now I am retired but would love to go back to work some time.I dont feel like I want to go back to regular college.
Oh I started out yrs ago I wont tell how long as a Ward Clerk Now Cert Phlebotomist, Cert. Medical Assistand and I also have done Insurance Physicals

Thank you

LVN in San Francisco, California

71 months ago

jonLVN in Cathedral City, California said: i really dont want have a preference of who is better(lvn or MA) because this arguement has been debated now for years. but what i can tell you is that each position has its uses in different settings. here in california, MA's are more utilized in doctors offices because they are more cost effective than RN's or LVN's. they do not possess a license, but rather work off of a doctors making them unaccountable to any legal actions. on the other hand, LVNs have a license and a defined "scope of practice," making us accountable for anything that we do. as far as education goes, i dont know much about MA education aside from my lvn coworkers who used to teach MA classes tell me but i can described my education. my education first started off with the foundations of nursing, which essentially "how to take care of people" in any setting. then, we went through a thorough A & P as well as disease processes, its medical Management and nursing interventions associated with each disease. we also learned how to perform procedures such as foley insertion, naso gastric insertion, checking GT placement, wound care,etc etc. another part of my education consisted of medications(Side effects, route, dosage, action of common meds). with additional certifications for LVNS include: IV, Phleb, Pharmacology, Wound specialist, Hospice, ACLS, PALS, and LVNs can always go for their RN(LVN-RN or LVN-BSN). as far as wage, i know MA's in california get started around 9.00 while the lowest wage that i got offered was 18.00 per hour. so, it really depends on what you want in life. i suggest the lvn route not because im an lvn but because you have more options to excel.

thats just my 2 pesos though.

jon lvn

Good Job, clarifying...I totally agree with you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sonia in Jackson Heights, New York

71 months ago

helo everybody everybody the want to become a lpn is going to be a opening next year in Microtech training institute. they acept Continental academy and also they have alot medical program is a good school they are very nice people and they are willing to help you.I am waiting to enrol sometime next year for the lpn so if you like the career go for it. they also have surgical tech,medical assistant,ultrasound tech,cardovascular ultrasound the school is located at 3000 Kennedy JF Kennedy Blvd,suite 310 Jersey city Nj 07306. is about only few block from the path train ask for Mr Erick o Mr Ferguson. so dont be afraid to guet your Continental Academy.or by the way they also have masage therapy.so if you want to become any of this career call hurry because is hot. you wont find best deal that this school they give what SBI dont give you.they try to help the student not to take their money or downp you like trash because of the s GeD.education is education no matter how you guet it.money is unimportant what is important is to help that one that need it also Mandl is good school and Chubb institute.because they care.God Bless you All I hope this information help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Sicklerville, New Jersey

70 months ago

Lavette in Atlanta, Georgia said: I notice alot of M.A.s putting down LPNs. GET a grip LPN is more indepth with the medical field, you can take a bridge course to get a R.N. associates, you can't do that as a M.A. My doctor said I wasted my time with M.A. Not I'm trying to go back for LPN.

I am a LPN for 27 years and teach MA's. MA's cannot take off orders, nor take a V.O unless the hospital a LPN cannot either. MA cannot pour meds nor pass meds without a special certifcation class and test and is not acceptable everywhere. MA cannot be in charge either unless the LPN is in the hospital. There are so many differences. Judy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I am a Ma and myself going to school for LPN and I do feel you.

Victor in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

To everybody that want to become a lpn go to Microtech Training institute dont waist your time in MA lpn pay more 20 to 25 at hour.contact Microtech institute at Jersey city the school acept Hs acreedited like Continental Academy,Microtech have alot careers like surgical tech ultrasound,sonocardio etc.but the lpn will start soon the school location is at 3000 JF Kennedy BLVD suite 310 Jersey city 07306. this school is good is closer to the path train attention NYorkers with Continental Academy Hs go for it. do not waist your time is time to wake up and smel the coffee.chao guys I hope this been helpful o contact mr Erick o mr Fergusun.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Margarita in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

hola muchachos y muchachas si quieres ser una enfermera practica con licensia lee y escucha la escuela de Microtech training institute acepta diplomas acreditados de Hs Continental academy esta escuela tiene varias carreras como asistente medico,cirujia technica,ultrasonido,cardiovascular sonografico. muy pronto vendra la enfermeria practica(lpn)y esta la escuela cerca del path train.asi que todos los hispanos que lean esta pagina aprovechen la oportunidad que se le esta dando.mas tiene que saber ingles. por lo menos dominarlo.la escuela esta localizada en 3000 Jf Kennedy Blvd suite 310 de Jersey city 07306 pregunte por el senor Ferguson o el senor Erick.imaginese ud ganando de 20 a 25 la hora.verdad que es bueno.solo practique el ingles y sera el sueno americano.lpn es la carrera corta a enfermera registrada.pero lo basico es aprender (lpn).el healthcare esta necesitando muchas lpn para las casas de ancianos ya que se nesecita muchas enfermeras repito esto noe es Auxiliar esto es graduarte de enfermera practica y sacando tu licensia cuando termines.bueno chicos y chicas aqui me despido suerte a todos.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Margarita in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

se me olvidaba te bajas en Journal Squre Square.

Noelia in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

hi I hope anybody that can read this can find what they are looking for the Microtech is a wonderful school the people there helpyou to guet your dream come true.number one if you want to become a nurse the first step is to become a lpn your fast track.I know that is hard to go back sometime to schools with sew years and you dont want that. so take your lpn like this you learn in one year your basic nursing just to earn your licensed and then later on you can aply on line for Rn o your Bsn.so waist your time wahing Tv guetting frustrating saying when I was young I wanted to become a nurse never is late no matter what your age is.invest time in your education time for yourself that someday you will be able to say I got it. with that be Kooling smile.so if you have time pick up that phone and call Microtech institute o look in the internet if you cannot find the number. the school is closer to the path train if you are from Ny.you guet off in Journal Square.and then walk like 2 0 3 block from your right hand you will be able to find it the school is at 3000 Jf Kennedy Blvd suite 310 Jersey city 07306 thi classes will start around the end of this year o January ask for Mr Erick he would be able to tell you.God Bless you all and go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

El Titi in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

hola to all wanna be lpn go for it at Microtech school intitute.thats a good koool school the best school you guet wgat you want MA,surg tech,ultrs sound,and sooner the lpn you want to be a lpn go to Microtech inst,so dont waist time and dont laka laka bom bom go guet what you want you deserve it.you need that chetto.guet educated beat it you can be all you want from MA etc.so if you want to know more call Mr Ferguson at Microtech institute 3000 JFKennedy Blvd suite 310 Jersey city 07306.visit the school.the LPN is comming soon so hurry up.Chao EL TiTi

Drea in Fort Washington, Maryland

70 months ago

Vanessa in Chesapeake, Virginia said: Man if I only knew what I was getting myself into! Do not become a medical assistant. Challenge yourself to become more than a medical assistant. What we learned in those few months we could have applied in it in becomming a RN or Nurse. These schools don't tell you what the turn over rate is in students getting a job after college. I wised someone would have told me the honest truth about ma's, believe me I would not have continued. I made a vow to tell someone at my school to reconsider what they are doing and unenroll. BECOME a Nurse!

In in job corb right now and hoping that I will find a job but being that you and I live in the same area its making me kind of nevous but really I will take a nuring job just to make ends meet howeven I going to Tidewater collage to be an a lpn and hope that thing will work out for me but I will be ok becouse I do hair so I will be ok

Valerie in Encino, California

70 months ago

I would like to know if you took the phlebotomy class in 2006 and received your certificate and hasn't been able to take the State Test can you still take the test or would you have to go back for a refreshers course? And also would you have to pay for the whole course if so.

sandygarcia in Passaic, New Jersey

70 months ago

i just graduate school in june i'am national certified

patty in Des Moines, Iowa

69 months ago

MZ.KISSY in Pensacola, Florida said: I AM ABOUT TO START CAPPS COLLEGE AND I AM GOING TO BECOME A MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND AS I HEAR MORE ABOUT THE WHOLE MEDICAL ASSISTANT I FEEL THAT ITS JUST PROBABLY NOT THE JOB FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I LIKE HELPING OTHERS OUT...

SINCERLY: YOUNG AND CONFUSED

it is true the MA's get a lesser pay rate, that is because the
schools for training these individuals have saturated the market
with MA's. so there is not a shortage, in other words they get their pick of cream of the crop. I have been an MA for 22 yrs.
But i chose a speciality to be involved in,i had chosen cardiology/
which pays higher-but you have to know how to read EKG's. if i had it to do over i would go with either nuclear med or ultrasound.more
money, and more respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A.Ross in Bartow, Florida

69 months ago

g in Sewell, New Jersey said: I am so confused. I signed up at chubb institute and did not do my homework before hand. I am currently withdrawing my self from the program since I have learned of Caahep.My question is, I am an office manager for a family practice and wanted to become a MA to be able to understand my clinical staff and be a hands on manager.I really took to the clinical side of this work, I really like to make a difference and help people.
I have not begun classes so I can cancel my application. My question is, I have done some homework regarding CNA and CMA.I just don't understand which would benefit me in the long run? Are CMA's over CNA's? what is the difference? What is more recognized in the office.Also all I have in my office are MA's. NOw I also heard LPN's are being faded out. is this true? Now there is a program for CNA.If I attend this course could I still be considered a MA? If I wanted to pursue this career could I find a job as a MA even if I only took CNA courses? any help would be great.
Thank you

Very confused

Being a MA has it's advantages, you can have jobs in doctor offices, jail systems. However being a CNA gets you more jobs to choose from. See an MA can do more things like pass medications,and it also teaches you to do blood drawls.Here where i'm at we do the same things that an LPN does but we dont do anything with IV's. Where with CNA work they learn to do bed side patient care as do LPN's. And I also have heard about the plan to fade out LPN's and I dont know if that's true but however I have given great thought to taking the challenging the CNA boards that way even if the demand for MA's increase like the demand for CNA you can have the experience of everything. See why not take the MA course get that under your belt then challenge the CNA boards and become a MA/CNA because on the days your not working one of the other you can always go PRN at another facility ande for both you only need 10 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Strongsville, Ohio

69 months ago

Elena Salazar in Vacaville, California said: I also recently graduated as a Certified Medical Assistant, and am having a hard time finding work. This happens in many trades- you just have to keep looking!! From what I hear places like "Planned Parenthood" and assisted living homes actually do hire MA's so that they can get some experience. Medical Assistants in Ca. make more than a CNA's, and do less of the "grunt" work.Also, MA's are actually a step up from CNA's in the medical field!!! If you also take the California state exam and become a CCMA- this makes you much more valuable, as this will be a requirement in the near future. In my program, not only did I receive an MA certificate, I also received my Phlebotomy certificate, Inhaled Meds certificate, CPR/ First Aid Certifications.You really just have to be persistent.Keep your heads up ladies- IT WILL ALL WORK OUT xoxoxox

I am just now at 34 looking at an MA cert at sanford-brown... i come a finance backround and most recently from a staffing firm. Well the economy is not offering me anything and im feeling confused about doing this with the negativity i am reading about lack of work and paywork. im an unemployed single mom in dead end jobs. am i making the right decision to start MA? can i move up or forward to something different from there? will i be stuck with no direction if i do the MA program? PLEASE IM SO LOST :(

Melissa Moss in Madison, Wisconsin

69 months ago

I am a medical assistant in a clinic. I love it except I do the same as a LPN but my pay can only go up to about 14-15/hour. I can go up to $17 as a LPN and it seems that the schooling would be less intense than the Medical Assistant schooling. I am thinking about going into Nursing because I don't know how else I can go in in the pay range.

69 months ago

I feel that it would be a great ideal to go into the nursing program. better pay

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.