Medical Assistant Externship

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 99 of 99)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Utaka Alexander in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

I am looking for an externship. I am willing to work at any time/ I have 160 hours to do so. I really do want to be on the medical team with you. I have been attending texas school of business for the past six months. I have one more month here. So please give me a call or you can e-mail me. I will be looking forward to be hearing from you.And you have a nice day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nhien Nguyen in San Jose, California

39 months ago

Hi, my name is Nhien. I'm looking for Medical Assisting externship opportunities to last from March to May 2011. I have been attending a training class of medical assistant at Central Occupational Center ( A Job Corps Partner). So please email me. Your support abd valuable feedback help me gain experience and come one-step closer to my goal of a career in healthcare profession. I will be available for 12-32 hours/week from Monday_Thursday.
My email is nguyennhien91@gmail.com
Thanks for your time to read this and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Nhien Nguyen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kelly a in Brockton, Massachusetts

38 months ago

Rhonda in Woodhaven, New York said: I am looking for any clinic or medical office that is willing to accept me to do my externship. I have had one interview and when that was over I was told to call the next day and he would let me know the time and place to report, when I did call him back his reply to me "Don't call me I will call you" why give me a positive response on the interview then you slap me in the face with a response like don't call I will call you.

I agree with you how did you finally find a place to do your externhip.I am stuggling with this issue right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kelly a in Brockton, Massachusetts

38 months ago

celerinarosas in San Diego, California said: I GRADUATED ABOUT A MONTH AGO FROM CITY COLLEGE AND TIL NOW I HAVN'T BEEN PLACED TO BEGIN MY EXTERN. I'VE BEEN APPLYING TO DIFFERENT PLACES BUT THEY ALL ASK FOR EXPERIENCE AND I DON'T HAVE IT SO HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY GET THE EXPERIENCE.

I completely agree with you one hundred percent.I am having the same problem do you have any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mimi in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

Kim in Atlanta, Georgia said: Did you ever find an externship? I live in Atlanta and have already received my diploma but I want to do an externship so I have a better chance finding a job and to get certified.

hello Kim,

have you found any externship ? and have you found any job yet ?

Mimi

utaka Alexander in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

My name in utaka alexander. I am in school for now taking up medical assistant. I am done in one week. From today. And i was looking for a externship.

utaka Alexander in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I am in school for now i am taking up medical assistant. I am done with this in one week from today. I was looking for an externship. If you can help me with this. Please let me know

Susan Reimer in Wilmington, Delaware

38 months ago

I too Have just finished Medical Assistant Program Passed my NCMA , have 20+ years in the direct medical and Allied health field,, Having been in Nursing school worked in a Pacu and OR, while a clinical student, Became a Medical Therapeutic Massage Practitioner and Medically Advanced Esthetician Owning my won business, Have a vast and varied skill-set background in R&D At Dupont Corporation, clinical and Technical Lab, Managerial, secretarial, Medical Billing and Coding, Venipuncture, EKG, Injection and the list goes on and still cannot find a job as a Medical assistant without an externship, am VERY willing to extern for free or partial pay to advance my career, as I would like to return to Nursing or my PA as soon as possible - EXTERNSHIP NEEDED please

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

38 months ago

Hi there, Congratulations on getting your Medical Assistant. If your still looking for a place to do your internship at, try a free clinic that help the less fortunate. It's a great place to get experience, and if that doesn't work go to a Doctor's office and have a talk with them to see if they would be able to use you, and your skills you acquired in school. Be honest with them, and make a powerful resume, and add your life skills. You never know you just might get that job you are seeking. I hoped this has helped in any way. Good luck in your journey.
Matt Edler, NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Susan Reimer, NCMA, LMT, LE in Wilmington, Delaware

38 months ago

Thanks Matt,
very much appreciate the tips!

Sarah MRxI in Willowbrook, Illinois

37 months ago

Here is a blog I wrote on how to help you find externships. I am the externship coordinator for my company MK Education and we partner with community colleges across the US to offer healtcare programs like Medical Coding and Billing, Pharmacy Technician, etc.

blog.mkedu.org/bid/57031/Mastering-the-Pharmacy-Technician-Externship-Search/Default.aspx?&source=Blog_Email_[Mastering%20the%20Pharma]

kerenarrellano in Forney, Texas

37 months ago

Hi, my name is Keren Arrellano. I attended American Commercial College in Lubbock, Texas. But have recently moved to Forney, Texas. I am currently looking for externship site in Mesquite, Forney, or Terrell, Texas. If you would like to know more, please feel free to email me at kerenarrellano@yahoo.com. I would great appreciate it.

kerenarrellano in Forney, Texas

37 months ago

Hi, my name is Keren Arrellano. I attended American Commercial College in Lubbock, Texas. But have recently moved to Forney, Texas. I am currently looking for externship site in Mesquite, Forney, or Terrell, Texas. If you would like to know more, please feel free to email me at kerenarrellano@yahoo. I would great appreciate it.

mar in Austin, Texas

36 months ago

celerinarosas in San Diego, California said: I GRADUATED ABOUT A MONTH AGO FROM CITY COLLEGE AND TIL NOW I HAVN'T BEEN PLACED TO BEGIN MY EXTERN. I'VE BEEN APPLYING TO DIFFERENT PLACES BUT THEY ALL ASK FOR EXPERIENCE AND I DON'T HAVE IT SO HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY GET THE EXPERIENCE.

lol they are by far the most illiterate persons in the medical field! how can you have experience if you are looking to do your externship? your experience comes from your externship so they dont know what the heck they doing or they are just plain stupid

Susan Reimer, NCMA, LMT, LE in Wilmington, Delaware

36 months ago

And Be very careful of externships, I was recently placed in one and 3 weeks into it at another location some girl in the externship from my school "stole money" and we all lost the opportunity and the 2 positions that were open for hire! idiot people today being pushed thru schools at the greed of money taking these people haven no life skills and no morals and I am hearing it from so many people around the country! Plus with out externship they all ask did you try volunteering I said yes and all it is is free, slavey to hospitals and independant places that have no job opportunities or not giving references to you! its all BS

Marisa Chaparra in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Im attending MedVance Institude and let me tell you this school sucks big time if your planning on attending this schol DONT DO IT!!!!!!

ATI STUDENT in Arlington, Texas

35 months ago

babygurl in Dallas, Texas said: look into some doctors offices or privately owned family offices or family care...im currently going to school to be a medical assistant and u just have to look all over or go to a school that has job placement i go to ati career training school and they have job placement

I am going to ATI as well and I have 4.0 GPA i am 4 days away from extern and they still have not found me a site so dont hold your breath on that!!!!!!

Latitia Sams in Macomb, Michigan

32 months ago

Hi my name is Latitia Sams and I attend CarnegieInstitute will graduate Sept/2011 have several credits applied toward Bus Admin from Baker College. I would like to have some of my externship completed, so I can be prepared with some job training skill and ready for employment. If anyone have any leads i live in Macomb Twp. Thanks

Latitia Sams in Macomb, Michigan

32 months ago

Hi my name is Latitia Sams and I attend CarnegieInstitute will graduate Sept/2011 have several credits applied toward Bus Admin from Baker College. I would like to have some of my externship completed, so I can be prepared with some job training skill and ready for employment. If anyone have any leads i live in Macomb Twp. Thanks

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

32 months ago

Sell of Ibogaine HCL and Iboga TA in Houston, Texas said: We are farmers and Deals of Ibogaine HCL and Iboga TA(buyersenquiry@live.com.pt)we are located in Farm is located in Africa contact us if you are interested in buying our product.

This website is for Medical Assistants. Not to sell your stuff...who know's where it from. Don't fall for this crap. It sounds and smells like a scam to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Francine in Germantown, Maryland

32 months ago

Erin in Winder, Georgia said: What school requires only 160 hrs?

I too only have to do 160 hours in 10weeks. I live in Germantown, MD and I attend Kaplan University. I am looking for evening hours and that is hard. My externship starts on the 24 and I haven't found anything yet.....:(

Susanne in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Hi, I suppose to start my externship in October. I still have a bit of time, but could not find anything yet. Somebody any suggestion who offers externship sites in San Antonio, TX ??? Appreciate any help!

confused in San Antonio, Texas

32 months ago

Susanne in Dallas, Texas said: Hi, I suppose to start my externship in October. I still have a bit of time, but could not find anything yet. Somebody any suggestion who offers externship sites in San Antonio, TX ??? Appreciate any help!

Hi Susanne, Can I ask you where you trained? I am thinking of going into an MA program and I don't know if I should get an associates or just the 8mth program. I am on the older side.....41, so will probably choose the shorter program. How old were the average students? Is it a field that is ok for a mature person to go in to? BTW I read somewhere that Texas med Clinics have externship programs. So you have to find your own? Good luck and I would appreciate any info!!

Suzanne in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Hi "confused",

it doesn't matter howold you are, it is always good to go after your dreams and goals ! So, good for you ! Almost every college offers MA programs either online or ground campus. The students ages range from 18 to 50, so you see the age really doesn't matter.Medical field is a fast growing business and always needed, so yes I would say it is a good field to go in. Not to forget you always be able to further your education to get higher training and degree. Some colleges offer Externship sites andsome don't, so if you really thinking of entering a MA program make sure you choose a college that offers externship sites instead of having the stress to search on your own. Good luck to you !

Angela in Clinton Township, Michigan

32 months ago

Linda in Royal Oak, Michigan said: I will be doing my externship in Medical Assisting around the end of September. I was told that if I wait for the school to arrange the externship, I may be waiting six months AFTER my classes have ended as there are not enough externships to allow all the students to get one through the school. I don't want to wait, I need to start working asap after my externship is over. Does anyone know of any facilities that take MA students for an externship in the metro Detroit area?

I was just reading your post and was curious if you had ever found a good externship in our area? I live in Clinton Twp and I'm starting to panic because I never realized this would be this difficult! I will be needing to start my externship in three months for Medical Assistant! If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!

Angela in Clinton Township, Michigan

32 months ago

It seems everyone is in the same boat, not knowing where to turn for a externship for Medical Assistant! Well Im in that exact same boat! If anyone knows of areas in the metro detroit areas espeacially the macomb county area PLEASE let me know! I honestly dont even know where to start!

Suzanne in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Angela in Clinton Township, Michigan said: It seems everyone is in the same boat, not knowing where to turn for a externship for Medical Assistant! Well Im in that exact same boat! If anyone knows of areas in the metro detroit areas espeacially the macomb county area PLEASE let me know! I honestly dont even know where to start!

Angela,

yes it can get really frustrating not finding an Externship, I talked to other colleges and asked the mif they provide externship sites for their students and they said yes. I guess I choose the wrong college to do my MA program. I called clinics, offices, hospitals and it is just hard to find one because you want to be fast, especiallly like Linda said externships fill in fast....Good Luck to you that you find one soon !!!!

mimi in Norcross, Georgia

31 months ago

hello,
My name is Mimi. I live in Atlanta, GA . I am a medical assistant student, I will graduated on Nov. of 2011. is there any one hiring for externship , please let me know . I am an honor student and I have more than 8 years of working in the medical field.

thanks

mimi in Norcross, Georgia

31 months ago

I forgot to you that my email :nininorthcarolinas@yahoo.com

Latoya Mccloud in Laurel, Maryland

30 months ago

I am also a student looking for externship in the evening. I am a student of Everest Institute. I work full time during the day and not working is not an option for me. If I do not complete the hours needed to complete this course I do not graduate. I live in P.G county and would appreciate any suggestions. It would be a shame to let a few hours come in between my promising future for me and my children. Very frustrating!

Jamalm in Worcester

30 months ago

Hello all,

Plz look into www.msgstaffing.com/job_search.html You can search your externship or jobs and submit your resume. You will get call from companies shortly

Aa in Riverside, California

29 months ago

Hello
My name is Amaday Acosta I'm about to graduate from UEI college as a medical assistant I
Need somewhere to do my extern if anyone knows of a clinic or hospital accepting externs please let me know. In riverside California ..

Yadira Macias in San Diego, California

29 months ago

Hello, My name is Yadira Macias from San Diego, CA. I am looking for an externship site in the San Diego County area by December 19th 2011. Member of the Achievement Club and a active member of the Mentor program for 4 months, I would like to obtain a responsible Medical Assistant position that will enable me to make a contribution to society as well as my family while opening my horizon for developing new and exciting skills. Thank you

jayjohns in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

Hi I am looking for somewhere to do my externship in the Lakewood, Long beach california area...if u know of any office willing to let me finish my MEDICAL ASSISTANT certificate, pls email me @ janice.knght@yahoo.com

malu23gms in Denver, Colorado

25 months ago

hi, I live in denver and have already received my diploma but I want to do an externship so that I have a better chance finding a job and to get certified, can u plz help me where i can find externship hospitals in denver, plz mail to malu23gms@yahoo.co.in

APRIL lANG in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

Hello I'm completing a Medical Assistant Program in the Chicago area and need to find a place to do my externship. I need to complete 70 hours by May 6,20212. If you could help to contact some places I would apprecaite you contacting me @ allddw@yaho.com. thank you in advance

Blanca Villagran in Katy, Texas

23 months ago

Hi My name is Blanca Villagran I am bilingual and wanting to do my externship in a Hospital.I am a volunteer in Texas Children Hospital in Fannin St. in Houston Texas I do "Baby Holding" I start this Friday May 26,2012.I will be going out in my externship in the middle of July and I want to know if Texas Childrens Hospital is willing to do externship. If theres anything that you can find for me please feel free to email me.I am looking forward hearing from you. Thank you.

blanki1025@gmail.com

tashatracy90@yahoo.com

22 months ago

Hello, My name is Latisha O'Neal
I am a a Medical Assistant student at Long Beach City College I am looking for externship if you are in the medical field and to can help me with assistance or you know if someone who would be interested in helping me accomplish my goal of getting an externship also in October I was told that I am eligible to enter into the Lucensed Vocational Nursing program. If you are able to help me email me at: tashatracy90@yahoo.com

Matt, NCMA in Layton, Utah

22 months ago

Blanca Villagran in Katy, Texas said: Hi My name is Blanca Villagran I am bilingual and wanting to do my externship in a Hospital .I am a volunteer in Texas Children Hospital in Fannin St. in Houston Texas I do "Baby Holding" I start this Friday May 26,2012.I will be going out in my externship in the middle of July and I want to know if Texas Childrens Hospital is willing to do externship. If theres anything that you can find for me please feel free to email me.I am looking forward hearing from you. Thank you.

blanki1025@gmail.com

Why don't you ask them yourself. You not suppose to come on a forum such as this one and ask for help on this forum. You need to find your own internship with the help career councilor at your school. You don't know who's who out here on the internet...

LatishaONeal in Long Beach, California

22 months ago

Before you give out advice Please learn to spell. Thank you, counselor and if you do not know how to spell use your spell check

22 months ago

LatishaONeal in Long Beach, California said: Before you give out advice Please learn to spell. Thank you, counselor and if you do not know how to spell use your spell check[/Q
Sorry about the typo. It was late last night when I posted this reply. I would strongly recommend that you talk to your career counselor at your school. You will not find what you're looking for, and yes I can spell.

22 months ago

Matt, NCMA in Layton, Utah said:

This is what I meant to say: You will not find what you're looking for here on this forum.

Tim, CCMA, et al. in Atlanta, Georgia

21 months ago

I tell my Medical Assistant students to knock on doors and call the facilities where they want to do their externship. The more places you call, the better your chances of getting in as an extern. I have had several students receive paying position offers prior to completing externship/class/certification because of their initiative in calling and finding locations. How many? 100+ facilities is a good start.

bhawkins0824@yahoo.com in Jersey City, New Jersey

21 months ago

Believe me I have tried every thing possible.

Mandi in Orlando, Florida

21 months ago

Hi, i was reading your comment and saw you live in orlando,fl. I do also. I was wondering if you every finished your externship and where did you do it? Im just finishing my program at winter park tech and need a place to do my externship. If you have any ideas or recommendations please email me at prblankita91@yahoo.com. thanks!

Linda in Orlando, Florida said: I am a student at Everest University. I will start my externship in January. If you have any good recommendations for places to do my externship please email me at lindahughley@yahoo.com.

MA looking for Externship lenexa,ks

20 months ago

Im a graduate of US career Institue online school, and they didnt offer Exterships so its up to me to find One. Most companies require an Contract with your School.And my school do not offer any contracts, its hard to find someone whos whilling to take me on if anyone knows something please let me know thank you..

Ciara C in Camden, New Jersey

14 months ago

I live in Camden, NJ, and I am wrapping up my in-class portion of the medical assistant program. I'm currently looking for a site to do my externship. If you know of any, please feel free to email me at cacooper2@ymail.com

Samantha T. in Salt Lake City, Utah

11 months ago

Hello,I have completed the education portion of my Medical Assisting Certification and I am now looking for a place in the Tooele or Salt Lake Valley to complete my Externship. Anything would be apreciated, feel free to email me at trippsamantha@gmail.com

floreskeyshla in Orlando Florida in Miami, Florida

5 days ago

Hi mame is Keyshla I was from Medtech and am looking for to do my externships, my email is espada.richard@yahoo.com..... I live in orlando Fl

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.