Medical Assisting as a Career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Kristin in Saint Louis, Missouri

51 months ago

Hi all! I am seriously looking into becoming a CMA. I've looked into becoming an LPN/RN & I just don't think it's for me. And although the money is great, that's not the reason to become an RN. That being said, Is there anyone out there who can offer some POSITIVE stories? (happy with the career you chose, finding work after graduation, etc.) I know in this economy it is hard to find work for anyone, not just MA's. I just see some negative info out there (but I see that in the lpn forum's too). Anyways......just looking for some positive feedback. Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

anyone???? lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

51 months ago

Kristin in Saint Louis, Missouri said: anyone???? lol

Hi Kristin, Medical Assisting is a good field as long you can get right after your done with your externship. It can be rewarding, but you have to put in the time and work really hard in your studies. You really learn a lot and you can make a lot new friends. Whatever school you go to make sure you check them out first and talk to recent graduates and see how they felt about going to school and see if they are working or not. I hope that helped some and good luck in your journey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi Kristin, Medical Assisting is a good field as long you can get right after your done with your externship. It can be rewarding, but you have to put in the time and work really hard in your studies. You really learn a lot and you can make a lot new friends. Whatever school you go to make sure you check them out first and talk to recent graduates and see how they felt about going to school and see if they are working or not. I hope that helped some and good luck in your journey.

Thanks Matt!! I have talked to a couple recent graduates and they have all positive things to say about the school as far as getting help & job placement. I'm excited to return to school....I have wanted to do this for a long time! I just see so many negative things on here and it kind of scares me! Thanks again! & good luck in ur journeys as well!!

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

51 months ago

Kristin in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Thanks Matt!! I have talked to a couple recent graduates and they have all positive things to say about the school as far as getting help & job placement. I'm excited to return to school....I have wanted to do this for a long time! I just see so many negative things on here and it kind of scares me! Thanks again! & good luck in ur journeys as well!!

Hi Kristin, I'm really happy for you, only one thing I can say is if want to shine like a star, you have to become that star. Good luck to you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.