Medical Assisting Opportunites

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Lori Powell in Barefoot Bay, Florida

47 months ago

I, like so many here have recently finished schooling for Medical Assisting and have been job hunting since March 2009. I have my AMT Registered Medical Assistant certification, along with National Healthcareer Association's certifications in EKG and Phelebotomy as well. My externship lasted 2 months, and my site was not hiring, therefore, I wasn't one of the lucky ones who got hired. I've been told that acquiring that experience needed for the local job listings, one can volunteer with places like the VA, Red Cross etc. Personally, for me, these places are nearly 70 miles round trip to work for free for them. I've written to these places and only heard back from the VA, which like mentioned about, I had a long commute to even attempt to volunteer for them. I have returned to school to persue my RN degree. It is my hopes that I don't face the same situation in that field as I do with my MA career. If that be the case, I've just spend my life's savings (didn't qualify for any grants) and still don't have a job. I can be contacted for leads on jobs at: l.apowell@yahoo.com I live in the Melbourne/Vero Beach area of Florida. Thank you for any help you may have, Lori Powell - Barefoot Bay, FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

USA1 in Elmhurst, New York

47 months ago

I wouldn't feel so bad. I know Registered Nurses in NYC that have been job hunting for over a year. The economy is in shambles..not to mention that our country likes to hire foreigners over citizens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.