I NEED HELP!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 375)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ASHLEY in Bronx, NY

94 months ago

I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY AND GRADUATED FROM A MEDICAL ASSISTAT SCHOOL A YEAR AGO. I GOT HIRED FROM MY INTERNSHIP AND HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A YEAR NOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB HOPEFULLY IN A HOSPITAL OR SOMEWHERE THAT PAYS REAL GOOD ( AT LEAST MORE THAN 12/HR). CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? THANX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mariella in Stamford, CT

94 months ago

I'm assuming you already did a general search for "Medical Assistant". Did you refine your searches in the Advanced Search link under the Find Jobs button? I did a search and expanded the miles from New York to 50. Maybe that helps? www.indeed.com/jobs?as_and=medical+assistant&as_phr=&as_any=&as_not=&as_ttl=&as_cmp=&jt=fulltime&st=&radius=50&l=New+York&fromage=any&limit=20&sort=

You can also do an average salary search using the Salary Search tool: www.indeed.com/salary?q1=medical+assistant&l1=new+york&tm=1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ambika in Bronx, New York

91 months ago

Girl you got it good. i graduated from my school may 2005 and still havent found anything yet. Be grateful that you are doing something in that field. Is your job still hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanette martinez in Flushing, New York

90 months ago

Hi Ashley I live in the bronx and I work for Sloan Kettering for Cancer they are alway hiring here. go to www.mskcc.org and look under jobs apply and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeanette martinez in Flushing, New York

90 months ago

Can anyone tell me any doctors office in New York that is open on Saturdays so I can do my externship Please I need to start next month someone please get back to me
I live in the bronx and work in manhattan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

You need 2 be grateful that you have a job its plenty of people on here still looking 4 a job in the medical field. I graduated last may and still unemployed.

90 months ago

I have been looking everywhere jeanette can you help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanette Martinez in Flushing, New York

90 months ago

First of all I never ever said I waS NOT GRATEFUL TO HAVE A JOB. I LOVE MY JOB AND EVERYTHING IT ENTAILS SO YOU NEED TO GET IT STRAIGHT. I AM IN SCHOOL TO FUTHER MY EDUCATION AND HELP PAITIENTS OUT. NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING IN NEW YORK GO TO WWW.MSKCC.ORG AND APPLY THERE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR SOMETHING ELSE APPLY AS LONG AS YOUR FOOT IS IN THE DOOR YOU CAN MOVE SOMEONE WHERE ELSE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Tatiana said: The sleep lab in Manhattan is looking for techs, send your resume.
The e mail is Thesleeplab@hotmail.com

Thank you very much again Memorial Sloan Kettering hires all the time www.mskcc.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeanette martinez in Fort Worth, Texas

90 months ago

ASHLEY said: I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY AND GRADUATED FROM A MEDICAL ASSISTAT SCHOOL A YEAR AGO. I GOT HIRED FROM MY INTERNSHIP AND HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A YEAR NOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB HOPEFULLY IN A HOSPITAL OR SOMEWHERE THAT PAYS REAL GOOD ( AT LEAST MORE THAN 12/HR). CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? THANX
Go to the jps hospital in forth worth. it sure can use some help. if not go to the cooks children. bye.

jeanette martinez in Fort Worth, Texas

90 months ago

ambika said: Girl you got it good. i graduated from my school may 2005 and still havent found anything yet. Be grateful that you are doing something in that field. Is your job still hiring?
I am just glad god helped me find the perfect job.thanks for the complent

89 months ago

Kathy they are always hiring for phlebotomy here at mskcc. www.mskcc.org

Rahsaan in Jonesboro, Georgia

89 months ago

ASHLEY said: I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY AND GRADUATED FROM A MEDICAL ASSISTAT SCHOOL A YEAR AGO. I GOT HIRED FROM MY INTERNSHIP AND HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A YEAR NOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB HOPEFULLY IN A HOSPITAL OR SOMEWHERE THAT PAYS REAL GOOD ( AT LEAST MORE THAN 12/HR). CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? THANX

There are a lot of good jobs out there, keep looking. Here are some web sites you can visit: www.gvpub.com, www.healthcareresource.com, www.aamc.org, www.amtmassage.org, www.ama-assn.org, www.jobscience.com, www.careerbuilder.com and many more. Let me know what you find. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

narry in New York, New York

89 months ago

I graduated a medical billing course in november 2005 and still can not find a please help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shurla in New York, New York

87 months ago

Girl I fel yoour pain because I am looking for a palce to do my intership in Toxicology so that I can graduate and I am yet to find anything. Can some one please help me otu. I am desperate,

shurla in New York, New York

87 months ago

hey , I am currently looking for an Intership position to graduate. This is the only thing that is keeping me for graduating. i live in New york and would be glad if anyone knows of any place that is willing to let me do my intership fo rmy toxicology degree.
Thanks people

Shurla in New York, New York

87 months ago

Girl I feel your pain because I am looking for a place to do my intership in Toxicology so that I can graduate and I am yet to find anything. Can someone please help me out. I am desperate,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vb in Bronx, New York

87 months ago

ASHLEY in Bronx, NY said: I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY AND GRADUATED FROM A MEDICAL ASSISTAT SCHOOL A YEAR AGO. I GOT HIRED FROM MY INTERNSHIP AND HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A YEAR NOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB HOPEFULLY IN A HOSPITAL OR SOMEWHERE THAT PAYS REAL GOOD ( AT LEAST MORE THAN 12/HR). CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? THANX

ASHLEY

HOW R U DOING. TRY TO GET A JOB IN MONTEFIORE MED CTR IN BX. IT IS HARD TO GET IN THERE BUT TRY ANYWAY. MONTEFIORE.ORG
GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

natasha

87 months ago

Jeanette martinez in Flushing, New York said: Can anyone tell me any doctors office in New York that is open on Saturdays so I can do my externship Please I need to start next month someone please get back to me
call this place it's located at 4290 broadway 212-781-5075, it's called washington heights medical and dental center, but i believe your school have to call to set you up right, let me know how that works for you ok

Crystal in Bristol, Connecticut

87 months ago

Jessica in Wilton, Connecticut said: I work for Staff Providers, LLC and we specialize in the placement of medical assistants in Westchester County and CT. I am currently working on a phlebotomist position in Stamford. If you are interested shoot me an email at Jessica@staffproviders.com

Hi, I was wondering if you has any other positions available? I am in Suffield, Ct and will be a graduate of the medical assisting program in less than a month, and I have recently completed my internship at Hartford Hospital in the Wound Care Center. Please let me know I would appreciate it!

Crystal_Dupuis07@yahoo.com

Laura in Ellington, Connecticut

86 months ago

Hi, Crystal. Can you tell me what you did at the Wound Care Center at Hartford Hospital? I live near there and I'm thinking of getting a job there as a medical assistant. Thanks.

lbkissan@yahoo.com

Crystal in Naugatuck, Connecticut

86 months ago

Are you talking about a job job? Because I know right now they are only hiring per diem. I got offered a job there right after I finished my internship and then they informed me there was a budget cut so they could only hire for 8 hrs a wk... so if thats what your looking for go for it lol. As far as responsibilities working in the wound care center as an ma I did ALOT. And I learned ALOT as well:) Lets see. I prepared the clinic for the day i.e gathering supplies, setting up the units, and also did alot of bps, and vitals. And as soon as the patient came in I would get them ready for the nurse or the aprn. I took off dressings, measured calfs and ankles, took pictures of the wounds progression, and when I wasnt doing those things I was assisting the nurses and mas as much as possible. I will tell you this, its an excellent work atmosphere, the nurses and aprns in there are really nice:) So I wish you the best! Let me know how things work out for ya:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

Jeanette martinez in Flushing, New York said: Hi Ashley I live in the bronx and I work for Sloan Kettering for Cancer they are alway hiring here. go to www.mskcc.org and look under jobs apply and good luck

Hi Jeannette I have graduated from a medical school almost 6 months now and I have been sending out resumes like crazy. Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel. I was hired at my internship site just for a short time, for I was fitting in for someone who was away on vacation and now they are back. Tell me something is mskcc.org still hiring?

lia in Yorktown Heights, New York

85 months ago

Hi I am a medical asst. but out of practice for several years. i would like ro take a refresher course for the practical end of assisting but can not seem to find anywhere that does this. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks PS I will start over with a new course but I feel I just need to refresh my techniques Any ideas ? thanks Lia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lia in Yorktown Heights, New York

85 months ago

Jessica in Wilton, Connecticut said: I work for Staff Providers, LLC and we specialize in the placement of medical assistants in Westchester County and CT. I am currently working on a phlebotomist position in Stamford. If you are interested shoot me an email at Jessica@staffproviders.com

Hi Jessica aybe u can hepl me I would like to chat with you if possible Lisa

boo in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

84 months ago

I live in Milwaukee WI and just graduated as a medical Assistant, and still have no job, can someone please help me find a website where there are actual job openings??? I have searched everywhere.

Debbie in Robinson, Illinois

84 months ago

I graduated May 2006 as a Medical Assistant and I still don't have a job. I have sent about 150 Resume's and I don't know how many applications I have filled out and sent or dropped off. I am doing a private Nursing job for now. So don't feel bad. Debbie Robinson,Illinois

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

84 months ago

Guide

Dr. Levy-If this post/ad is legit,could you PLEASE explain once and for all to the thousands of MAs looking at this board the real reason(s) why so many of those in the position of hiring only want a medical assistant with months of work experience,yet they will take an LPN fresh out of school? Why is it assumed that someone who has just finished medical assistant school is inferior to another MA who has had a job for maybe 6-9 months? Why is it that those who are new to the profession are not to be trusted? Because that is what it looks like which is causing many to believe that medical assistants must have a bad reputation,not to mention what a horrible choice they made for a career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pook in San Diego, California

84 months ago

Jeanette Martinez in Flushing, New York said: First of all I never ever said I waS NOT GRATEFUL TO HAVE A JOB. I LOVE MY JOB AND EVERYTHING IT ENTAILS SO YOU NEED TO GET IT STRAIGHT. I AM IN SCHOOL TO FUTHER MY EDUCATION AND HELP PAITIENTS OUT. NOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING IN NEW YORK GO TO WWW.MSKCC.ORG AND APPLY THERE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR SOMETHING ELSE APPLY AS LONG AS YOUR FOOT IS IN THE DOOR YOU CAN MOVE SOMEONE WHERE ELSE.

Jeannette, I'm looking for an old friend who happens to share your name. Were you born on Sept 24? If so, let me know. If not, sorry for the bother.

Jackie in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

Debbie in Robinson, Illinois said: I graduated May 2006 as a Medical Assistant and I still don't have a job. I have sent about 150 Resume's and I don't know how many applications I have filled out and sent or dropped off. I am doing a private Nursing job for now. So don't feel bad. Debbie Robinson,Illinois

Hi Debbie don't feel bad you are not alone I have done the same and until now I have not gotton any reply. I think I have sent and dropped off almost 100 resume's. Sometimes I wonder if it was a waste of time doing that program as a Medical Assistant.

helen

84 months ago

i am a MA student having trouble with phlebotomy does anyone know of any tips, tricks, shortcuts whatever to find teh right vein?

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

84 months ago

Guide

Just how much in depth is the phlebotomy part of your MA program? Are they teaching you the names of the arm veins and which one you should search for and which one you should avoid? Are you learning about hemoconcentration and hemolysis? What is the method you were taught to look for a vein,are you feeling with a loose glove on? I ask because the phlebotomy part of my MA program left out a LOT and I wonder if that is the norm for medical assisting.

Gloves should be skin tight and the hand that is palpating should only be gloved after finding the vein (I couldn't believe all the girls in my class who were palpating with baggy gloves on). Search for a vein with your eyes closed,get use to feeling for them with that finger. Volunteer a lot to let others draw on you,you learn things that way. Practice first on those only with good veins. For difficult draws,have them hang their arm down by the chair to pool up the blood,or apply a warm compress to the site. Never slap the site or let the person pump their fist. Using a blood pressure cuff as a tourniquet can help on someone who is obese.

helen

84 months ago

thank you , i do know the veins and where to palpate but dont actually see teh vein. when i went in for a vein twice, i didnt get a flow.
i had to stop the procedure.
there are a majority of women who have alot of fatty tissue, ( not to make fun) and the veiins just dont come through. yesterday ifelt one but didnt see it and when i inserted the butterfly nothing flowed. i am very discouraged! amny of my classmates are successful, i guess i just dont possess the talent inthat department but i am VERY determined ! ttime is running out because i go on my externship sept and they will want blood draws. the instructor said hewill not sign you off if you cant perform and as a result i would have to wait a few months till teh course is offered, it could be 6 months from.
iwill take your tips today and try try again! i pray will help i will succeed.
thank thank you those tips seem helpful.
by the way i tried tthe cuff on myself because i am one of those hard veins people and it didnt seem to work.
anyway thanks

Joaquin in New York, New York

84 months ago

Anyone looking for a Medical Assistant position, please call me 914-725-0800, or email me your resume at jmofficemanager@verizon.net. I am looking for someone with great customer service skills, good with kids this is a busy pediatric office, comfortable with phlebotomy and can accomodate a flexible schedule. We are in Scarsdale, NY.

William Cannon in New York, New York

84 months ago

I am a recruiter with an agency in NYC. I have an open position for a bi-lingual spanish certified medical assistant that has experience with a pediatric population. It is a temp to perm position (and my client WILL hire you permanently if you're good) paying up to $14 per hour, depending on experience with this population.
Please email resumes to:
williamcannon@delphistaffing.com
I will contact you.

84 months ago

Still looking for Medical assitant position, if you are, please reply i am in Westchester county.

Jackie in Bronx, New York said: Hi Jeannette I have graduated from a medical school almost 6 months now and I have been sending out resumes like crazy. Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel. I was hired at my internship site just for a short time, for I was fitting in for someone who was away on vacation and now they are back. Tell me something is mskcc.org still hiring?

Lisa Depippo in Yorktown Heights, New York

84 months ago

Please tell me more about the MA position.Thank you I am in Westchester cty.

helen

84 months ago

i ll be going for my externship next week. can anyone tell me what to expect from an externship? has anyoen completed one lately? if so have you encounter any tasks you were not trained for and how did you handle the situation?

84 months ago

We are a Pediatric office, very busy, I need a self starter who is great with children, you have to be good under pressure and fast. Knowledge of vitals, phlebotomy, lab testing. if interested send me your resume.

Darlene in Oak Forest, Illinois

83 months ago

Jeanette martinez in Flushing, New York said: Can anyone tell me any doctors office in New York that is open on Saturdays so I can do my externship Please I need to start next month someone please get back to me
I live in the bronx and work in manhattan

I did my externship at an urgent aid ask if your school works with any clinics that take interns state hospitals are great thease are state funded hospitals where people go that don't have insurance. Good Luck

olena

83 months ago

i have been working my externship for 2 weeks now and it is pure HELL! the dr yells and insults mein front of patients. the staff doesnt help me. i wing every task. i am teaching myself. i cant wait to finish .i have 150 hrs to go. has anyone had a bad experience like this? i need some support.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Guide

My phlebotomy clinicals were a nightmare. The person in charge of me was extremely impatient and took joy in humiliating me a lot. The school didn't help me out a bit and should have, I should have been allowed to go to another hospital. My medical assistant externship wasn't much better, but at least I learned things there. It was an office that didn't want any more students from the joke of a school I was attending, so I was ignored a lot. I was counting down the hours until I was done. When a student is having trouble, it is up to their school to help them, and yours should be doing something. You are there to be taught things, not to have a bad experience.

olena

83 months ago

i agree with u 100% and i feel ur pain. i too am counting down the hrs . i hate going to the office. i am now use to it and every day i pray to God for help in coping. i told my school of the verbal abuse and they said i will gain from it all whereas others who dont experience hard times r not getting the whole experienc of the real world in medicine. yes, but not everday and every tasks i do i no something wil b said to make me feel like the dust i see on the their floors. the must have had verbal abuse wen they were interns themselves. its all psychology.
i just give in an agree wiht the dr and kiss her a@# pretending to make believe i am in awe of her talent. granted she is is good dr and cares for her patients but her staff, r like punching bags to her. i and the others just absorb her insults like sponges . i realize these drs have been in school for yrs and respect it but come on, they have the same blood we do. its their choice in life they made to become drs. no o ne held a gun to 2 thier heads to b a dr. some of them do it for th emoney and glory. its an ego trip for some. very few have humane qualities. so thanx for repying and i feel a bit better knowong thier r others ho suffer the daily ridicule of drs. hope u find wat u set out to do in life.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Guide

Your school is giving you a line of bull if they say that your experience is teaching you to handle "hard times" in the medical field. An extremely bad externship can lower your self confidence which can affect pursuing a job as an MA. I bet anything it isn't dealing with the patients that is the hard part but the attitude of the staff and the doctor. If they are letting you on your own to figure out things that they should be helping you with, they could be held accountable if something goes wrong. Your school should realize that. By the way,what IS the school and where are you writing from?

olena

83 months ago

i no. the school is a yr old and it appears they havent gotten there act together. ur rite about teh self confidence. its killing my self esteem. i got fired form a job 2 yrs ago that ruined my self e steem and i thought i take on a new career since i as in teh last one for 15 yrs. it appears all careers have thier demons. in this case its the dr. the staff is clueless. i work with 2 grls and neithr had formal training. the dr trained them her way. they r not certified and havent been to medical assist school. they r spanish speaking and in jersey if ur speak spanish no matter how little schooling u have had in the past ur in. in jersey english has become the second language. hope its not like that in ohio. its sad. but i deal and u no wat, i dont think i will continue the career for long. i will gain some experinece for about a yr and move on. i want to finish up college. i have 64 credits hanging . and will work for some tuition money becuz the medical world is cruel. its survival of the fittest and i found out the word assistant means slave. i was a teachers assistant for 15 yrs and i did everything and now i c med assistant is no different oh well we all learn form our mistakes. thanx for ur feedback.

83 months ago

Thanks but I'm in the same boat with my medical assistant degree I took a two year road/180 internship/with no certification so i will study for the certification for now.go get a job in something you like and then give it some time and see if you want to go for certification then if not move on to coder or out of the medical field be proud that you went to school don't think of it as a wast of time your knowledge that you carry in your head will someday save a life in time of need. Think of it as there loss your gain keep thinking good thoughts something is out there for you I encourage you to keep on searching for what you really want and then preperation will meet opprotunity or vise versa:)

calene pierre in Brooklyn, New York

83 months ago

greetings, I live in Brooklyn, New York and I have a degree as X-ray Technologist and license in Phlebotomy. However, I have not wrked over the past five years becuse of disability reasons, but now that have fully recoved and ready to continue my professional life. Several agency have told to volunteer. Please reply on suggestion on volunteer clincs.

83 months ago

From Oak Forest:Hello I've done some volunteering in Urgent aid clinics however you have to ask if they will pay for liability insurance and tell them you are looking for some hands on experience. You could also go back to the school that you have attended and ask if an internship/refresher coure exist as well as a job search is offered by the school for their alumni. Check your local teaching hospitals as well as your blooddoner facility. It can't hurt to ask questions ask alot of them.Good luck in your search don't quit keep up the good work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I had the same problem only I went to the school director and I told them the duties that they gave me and then when it was time to grade me I was given a c I told my program director that the person who gave me a c was not even around and my director gave me a B just stand up for what you think is right so if problems persist please speak up to the manager in charge. The reputation of that school is on the line the next time an intern comes in that 2nd intern won't even be given a chance to prove herself. You paid for your education as an intern you are entitled to a quality internship/externship (Robert Morris Collegein Orland Park,IL) was my school. Take care,speak up,take action, take no BS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

LOC in Brooklyn, New York

83 months ago

If anyone is looking for a Medical Assistant position, and you are CPR Certified, and have a Medical Assistant Certificate and have passed the CMA or RMA test, Staffing Remedies places Medical Assistants at pretty good rates. You can go to www.staffingremedies.com...They have locations in NY, Westchester, Long Island, etc. I know quite a few students who have been placed on temp-to-perm jobs. Good luck. Do not give up.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.