NEW MA GRADS GET NO RESPECT!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

54 months ago

TaylorPhillips315 in Marietta, Georgia said: Hello everyone, I'm a recent graduate of a Medical Assisting degree program and plan on taking my exam in a few weeks. Everywhere I look says "No new grads and 2-3 experience." How is someone supposed to gain any experience if they can't get a chance to show what they can do? My extern is almost up and despite the compliments from all of the staff, I know I'm not getting hired. The funds just arn't there. But I can do everything, from rooming the patients to performing venipuncture and other reutine test. I ask for no help from the nurses and I'm confident that I will have no problem working in a practice. Any suggestions out there on how I can get someone to give me a chance?
Thanks so much

Hello there, I would like to thank you for working really hard at your externship...it takes a lot of hard work. When externship is over or even before it's over...get letters of reference from everyone that you worked with. This will help you in the long run...also try Nursing agencies in your area. When you do your resume make sure everything is spelled right, and any awards you got in school make sure they are on your resume as well and be most of all be truthful. One last thing talk to local Doctors in your area if they have any openings or know of anyone who is hiring...because a lot of providers will train new grads on how they like things done in their practice this will make you a better Medical Assistant. Keep putting out resumes and going to job fairs. Good luck your in your new career and God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki79 in New York, New York

54 months ago

This is so ture...It's been about 3 months since I finished my externship and can't find a job anywhere. I was told I would be better off taking the CNA training in order to get my foot in the door. I feel so, lost and out of place.I question was it a good idea to go to school for this field if I can't find a job? However, I just keep pushing forward and putting my resume out there in hopes someone will give me the chance to prove myself.I live in New York City if anyone knows any one thats hiring..Please let me know. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Erin in Pembroke, Massachusetts

34 months ago

You both cannot spell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Actively seeking job in West Hartford, Connecticut

1 month ago

I graduated in March 2012 and I still haven't gotten an MA job. I do t know what I'm doing wrong. I've walked in to offices with my resume, online, and over the phone follow ups. Nothing has worked and I'm not a fan of the job I got stuck doing on the mean time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Actively seeking job in West Hartford, Connecticut

1 month ago

Erin in Pembroke, Massachusetts said: You both cannot spell.

Why comment if you have nothing helpful or supportive to say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.