Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Marjorie Lantrip in Newburgh, Indiana

59 months ago

Thank you Gina, I will use your advice.

Marjorie Lantrip

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gina Renolds in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

Gina Renolds in Brooklyn, New York said: I would go to their (NHA) web site and ask the question or call them
www.nhanow.com I have been certified by them for many years and they always are helpful if I have a question, Good Luck!
GR

Also check out their Magazine www.hccmag.com a lot of good info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

iceis in AHOSKIE, North Carolina

59 months ago

i am in an accredited program for med. asst. and i want to know how will i be able to find an nha testing site in nc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gbabe in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

iceis in AHOSKIE, North Carolina said: i am in an accredited program for med. asst. and i want to know how will i be able to find an nha testing site in nc?

link into..... www.nhanow.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jkrueger1@optimum.net in Randolph, New Jersey

59 months ago

mysty in Randolph, New Jersey said: Hello Brian,
How were the clases and instructors at Dover Business School? I am thinking of going there for LPN school. Did you receive financial aid? Did they find you work? Just wondering in this economy $20,000. is alot of $$$$.

Thank you

Would you go there and do they give you most of your tuition?
I really want to go for LPN but It seems like alot of money but if they help with financial aid that would be great.

mysty

iceis in AHOSKIE, North Carolina

59 months ago

i have checked it and i cannot find a listing of tetsing sites anywhere

zephyress in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

well. i went to the nhanow.com site and i could NOT order a study guide without ordering a test... i already scheduled and paid for my test to take in July and it doesnt allow me to order the guide w/o ordering the test.

ramsey2toes in Racine, Wisconsin

58 months ago

Hi I was wondering how many questions are on the test, how long did it take to find out if you passed?

Lisa Tm in Denver, Colorado said: Yes NHA Rocks! I have been Certified by them since graduation(8 Months)got an 88 on the exam! and got hired right away based on passing the exam. I wasn't to happy with the school I attended, but so happy I am NHA Certified!
Thanks
Lisa

Al in Dallas, Texas

57 months ago

Hi,
Is the NHA- medical assistant certification recognised/approved in Texas? or it's just for the east cost states??!!
THX all

Jake S in Randolph, New Jersey

57 months ago

NHA exam is national so certification is used all over the country

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ramsey2toes in Racine, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Thanks for the info. Everyone seems to be only talking about AAMA or RMA...so I wasn't sure if employers recongize NHA or not
Thank- you
Tracy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glory in Holyoke, Massachusetts

57 months ago

yes they certified me for phlebotomy and ekg

michelle in Winder, Georgia

57 months ago

I am going to a a school that only offers the NHA. Can I get a job with just the NHA certification ad a CCMA? What can I get to up my appeal to employers? My school is a small 8mth course with 2mth internship and they are not accredited but approved on sate and WIA.

zephyress in Winter Garden, Florida

57 months ago

i am RMA and Cert Phleb... how do you get Cert EKG?

linda in Auburn, Maine

55 months ago

Jake S in Randolph, New Jersey said: NHA exam is national so certification is used all over the country

Is also included CORST exam for sugical tech.

tblanken in Indianapolis, Indiana

54 months ago

I am going through a career change and I am required to complete a questionare from someone employed as a medical assistant in order to qualify for state paid schooling. I am a displaced auto worker. Would you be willing to answer these questions if I posted them one at a time?

deanthony in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

hello all will i was going to get my medical coding certification threw the nahp but i dont know anybody that went threw them at all my teacher says ahima cca is the best but also that the nha is also good to but it seems that they are pretty good in the medical asst field but does anyone have a cbcs and if so are you doing good and plus my teacher says that when you fresh out of school you can only get a entry level certification because she is a cpc and all of the more seasoned workers are stuck on AAPC or AHIMA and basicaly put you down if you are not certified threw them but if you are seasoned they really dont want to help you and hear more people doing good with the CBCS then the CCA but will the study guide be enough for me to past the exam please someone help me because i really want to past in i already paid $100 to the nahp

54 months ago

sorry typo i meant to say if you are not seasoned they really dont want to help you and that i hear more people doing well with the CBCS then the CCA and to me really the cca or the cpc-a is really just a big slap in the face so why even waste your time with being someones clerk when you do alot more with the NHA because i went to school for MEDICAL INSURANCE BILLING AND CODING lol so why not get both

sherekareka in fayetteville, North Carolina

54 months ago

Hello
I am currently taking a medical office essential class this semsemter. This class consit of advance CPT, ICD-9, insurance and everything else to prepare me for taking the national certification as a coder, medical admin, or both. My question or main concern is does it matter if I get my national certification from NHA National Healthcareer Ass. or AAPC American Academy of Professional Coders... Will it look bad if I get my certification from NHA and get membership from NHA? Do employers look for employees to be certification for a certain organization? Is one better than one?
I would really appreciate if someone could help me. THANKS

Jason K in Overland Park, Kansas

54 months ago

NHA (CBCS) is a excellent Organization, i think its impressive to employers that your NHA Certified...I have been an instructor and recruiter and NHA is impressive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

sherekareka in fayetteville, North Carolina said: Hello
I am currently taking a medical office essential class this semsemter. This class consit of advance CPT, ICD-9, insurance and everything else to prepare me for taking the national certification as a coder, medical admin, or both. My question or main concern is does it matter if I get my national certification from NHA National Healthcareer Ass. or AAPC American Academy of Professional Coders... Will it look bad if I get my certification from NHA and get membership from NHA? Do employers look for employees to be certification for a certain organization? Is one better than one?
I would really appreciate if someone could help me. THANKS

YEAH AND IT ALSO DEPENDS ON IF YOU WANT TO DO CODING ONLY OR BILLING FOR BILLING THE NHA..........FOR CODING AHIMA OR AAPC.........BUT THE NHA IS GOOD FOR DOCTOR OUTPATIENT CODING TO SO IT IS UP TO YOU WHICH ONE YOU WANT TO DO

linda in Auburn, Maine

54 months ago

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the "AST" CST and "NHA" CORST. Everyone seems to be only talking about "AST" CST and i am not sure if employer accept NHA certification for Sugical Tech.

Thank you
Linda

deanthony in Cypress, Texas

54 months ago

well i dont know about surg tech but i do know that they are realllllly good with MA,CBCS,PHT,PH

deanthony in Cypress, Texas

54 months ago

does any body no how many ? are on the CBCS test from the nha

Stacey Adams in ware, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Hi! I know that these posts are old but I am hoping someone can give me some advise. I went to National Health Education Center in 97' for Medical Assisting.They were affiliated with NHA but the school no longer exists. I graduated with a cetificate in Medical assisting,ekg tech and phlebotomy and decided to become registered (big mistake for me). In Mass. they want you to be certified and in order to be certified by AAMA you need to graduate from a CAAHEP or ABHES accrediated school. I tried to get info from NHA about my transcripts and they had NO clue. They also told me they never had a school, I graduated in 89'(I was still in high school)and I only was certified in phlebotomy. After weeks of getting nowhere I finally got someone to help. So for me, I learned it's good to be Certified and go to an accrediated school if you live in Ma. Although I am still trying to get answers from the school the school I did go to was good and the staff was professional.

Stacey Adams in ware, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Glory in Holyoke, Massachusetts said: yes they certified me for phlebotomy and ekg

I am from MA. what school did you go to?

marjorielantrip@yahoo.com in Evansville, Indiana

53 months ago

I went to Indiana Business College. They now have changed the name to Harrison College. I graduated in September 2007. I still need to get certified. It's been rough for me. My dad lived long enough to see me graduate. I just lost my only aunt. Right now I'm living with my mother and my 3 children and I am looking after my mom.

dbythec in Somers Point, New Jersey

53 months ago

I'm currently attending a program at our local community college, upon completion I will be taking the NHA CMAA & CBCS. My tuition was funded 100% because I was a displaced worker and took advantage of the career change education offered by our local One Stop Career Center. The programs total cost was $4995 and includes a 90 hour externship. NHA exams are also included..as well as CPR certification! If anyone is in the same situation check out your local career centers to see what may be available to you. I'm glad I took advantage of this wonderful opportunity. At first I was nervous about going back to school after being 'out' of school for 25 years...but what an amazing experience it has been. I'm looking forward to getting back out into the workforce in February 2010 & using my newly learned skills!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

shereka in Smithfield, North Carolina

53 months ago

Do everyone accept the NHA certification? because I heard some organization of want the people to be certified through AAPC or AHIMA. DO anyone has any insite on this issue? Thanks for your help

FLO in Detroit, Michigan

53 months ago

I'm Certified by them and it's real. I've been certified for 10 months now, but the hard thing is finding a job in medical assistanting

Stacey Adams

53 months ago

Missy in Austin, Texas said: I wonder if anyone can say that the NHA'S certification for CCMA is better/worse/ or indifferent to them AAMA's certification for CMA?

I really think it depends on what state you live in. In Mass. most major hospitals only want AAMA. I went to NHA in 97' for Medical Assisting and the hospital that hired me never heard of NHA. From working in the medical field 6+ years I would say AAMA is more recognized. You should call some hospitals and ask the Human Resources office what the hospitals prefer. That's the only way you'll know for sure. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Bradenton, Florida

52 months ago

DMJ in Cohasset, Massachusetts said: Hi Lisa,
I am about to take the CBCS exam. I keep reading the study guide over and over again. Do you have any helpful hints? I want to pass on the first try. Stephanie at the NHA headquarters is very helpful. I must have called them at least once a week with question about the exam.

Anything will help.
Thank you!

About to take the CBCS exam myself. How did it go? What should I focus on? please help ... Thank you

Dwight CBCS in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Sarah in Bradenton, Florida said: About to take the CBCS exam myself. How did it go? What should I focus on? please help ... Thank you

yes i have study your guide lines and your bones etc......... you will only have at the most five coding ? but those guide lines and regulation will kill if you do study so good luck also it is good in the billing world

Dwight CBCS in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

sorry typo i meant to say it will kill you if you do not study

Phil in Pueblo, Colorado

51 months ago

jamie said: I would go to the comunity college!!!! Save the 9,000.00 dollars

U S Career Institute is a NHA approved school also it is DETC accredited which is approved by the US Dept. of Education, also State of Colo. Dept. of Higher Learning Approved. for about $1200.00, also for Phlebotomy PICC Resource services has an on line course for about $80.00 and CVAS has Phlebotomy workshops in most States for about 300.00 and gives a National Certification valid in all states, so for about $1600.00 bucks you can get the training and get certified by NHA

Becky in Bardstown, Kentucky

51 months ago

I worked previously in Home Health for 18 years. I want to return to the health field but have found I now need to further my education. I am looking at NHA for Medical Assisttant, phlebotomy, EKG. My concern seems to be the same as others. Will I have trouble getting a job with NHA exam and not the State exam? Can I take the certification test? Any comments or suggestions appreciated. Classes start in 2 weeks. Thanks.

Anthony in North Hollywood, California

51 months ago

Phil in Pueblo, Colorado said: U S Career Institute is a NHA approved school also it is DETC accredited which is approved by the US Dept. of Education, also State of Colo. Dept. of Higher Learning Approved. for about $1200.00, also for Phlebotomy PICC Resource services has an on line course for about $80.00 and CVAS has Phlebotomy workshops in most States for about 300.00 and gives a National Certification valid in all states, so for about $1600.00 bucks you can get the training and get certified by NHA

Hello, what guidelines do u mean? do u mean the study guide from the NHA?

Anthony in North Hollywood, California

51 months ago

Dwight CBCS in Houston, Texas said: sorry typo i meant to say it will kill you if you do not study

Hello, what guidelines do u mean? do u mean the study guide fron NHA?

Phil in Pueblo, Colorado

51 months ago

To be certified by NHA you need 300 hours school/internship U S Career Institute Medical Assisting grants 593 Hours you will also need 25 successful vein punctures 10 heel sticks and 10 EKG then you can test for the ccma at NHA like i said before US Career Institute is DETC accredited which is approved by the US dept. of Edu. and it only cots 1200.00 bucks also CVAS offers phlebotomy workshops for 300.00 bucks in most states get your certificate from US career institute online and do a CVAS workshop then do an internship to get your vein punctures take the NHA test get certified for about 1650.00 including test fee thats 1650.00 for everything great deal accredited school and go to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gema in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

I am attending a school that is abhes accredited what certifications do I have to take to become a CMA in my area or national? any websites that can help with that information???

ellerbet in Raleigh, North Carolina

51 months ago

Michelle in Clayton, North Carolina said: What if the school I attend is not accrediated?
Envisionary I Care but helps get you certified through NHA? Will employers hire me?

I went to that scool and I was able to get jobs but you just have to take the test to get certification for CMMA and coding

Bonnie in Macon, Georgia

51 months ago

I am going to go back to school for my MA. I went to a school 11 years ago and it was not well known. I have two choices now to pick from--the technical college and API. they offer the same classes but the credit hours are different. THe major hospital here said that they accept both. API is 11 months and the tech college is a year and a half. Which is the better option?

BLUSH23 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

@ Bonnie

Just make sure the MA course is accredited by by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). if not accredited by one of the 2 you wont be able to take the exam to become certified. Below I posted a link where you could see which school are accredited by either CAAHEP or ABHES.

www.aama-ntl.org/medassisting/caahep_prgs.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie in Macon, Georgia

51 months ago

BLUSH23 in Brooklyn, New York said: @ Bonnie

Just make sure the MA course is accredited by by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). if not accredited by one of the 2 you wont be able to take the exam to become certified. Below I posted a link where you could see which school are accredited by either CAAHEP or ABHES.

www.aama-ntl.org/medassisting/caahep_prgs.aspx

THanks Blush23. I found out that API is accredited by the commission of the council on occupational education that goes along with SACS for the southeast. I have contacted the technical college and no oner there seems to know the answer.

51 months ago

Bonnie in Macon, Georgia said: THanks Blush23. I found out that API is accredited by the commission of the council on occupational education that goes along with SACS for the southeast. I have contacted the technical college and no oner there seems to know the answer.

OH WOW!! See, I almost fell into the same trap with a Technical College (CityTech) here in NYC, and I dont get y would a City University have MA as a continuing ed course and all u get is a certificate for completing the course, with no encouragement or notification that it isnt accredited so u cannot take the exam to become a CMA, but something told me to just keep digging, good thing I sought out which schools where accredited & it saves time cause I refuse to go for my MA then be upset I cant take the exam to become certified or wander y Im getting paid below standards...

Bonnie, macon ga in Dublin, Georgia

51 months ago

I did finally get someone at the tech college. The head of the Allied Heath could not tell me so she transfered my information to one of the instructors that acted like she had no clue as to what I was asking. When I finally got it out of her that they are not accredited and the give the certification exam through NCCT? not sure I have ever heard of them) she went on to tell me that API is not accredited and they are and that they are not a testing site and they are. The location that I am going to is accredited by the COE-council on occupational education and the other two sites in atlanta are accredited by the ABHE- one of the ones that the AAMA says to be certified through. Goog luck with your hunt on a school.

51 months ago

Bonnie, macon ga in Dublin, Georgia said: I did finally get someone at the tech college. The head of the Allied Heath could not tell me so she transfered my information to one of the instructors that acted like she had no clue as to what I was asking. When I finally got it out of her that they are not accredited and the give the certification exam through NCCT? not sure I have ever heard of them) she went on to tell me that API is not accredited and they are and that they are not a testing site and they are. The location that I am going to is accredited by the COE-council on occupational education and the other two sites in atlanta are accredited by the ABHE- one of the ones that the AAMA says to be certified through. Goog luck with your hunt on a school.

LOL, its funny & sad that the Instructor went to the extent of lying about the school that really is accredited, thats really shady!! I found a school ASA INSTITUTE, its 10 months, Im excited. And since Ive read so many forums of MAs complaining they couldnt find a job because of little to no experience, I start volunteering as a Patient Care Assist. @ a public hospital the sametime i start school, so once Im finished with school I'll have my AOS, CMA, and almost a yr of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelley in Plymouth, Massachusetts

50 months ago

D. Polick (CHI) in Rahway, New Jersey said: I have taught Medical Assistant classes in NY, NJ, Florida and Texas and have always used the N.H.A C.C.M.A Certification (the exam is just so much more relevant)
for my students, its more widely accepted and the multiple Certifications they get
the one exam makes them more Marketable...I have used them since around 1997.

DP

I am currently taking online courses with US Career Institute to become a Medical Assistant, As you teach, have you or would you recommend courses through this distance learning school? They have recommended too NHA to get certification. I am new to the medical field but have always wanted to do this and finally here I am, I'm also wondering, the school mentioned getting someone to allow me to do my labs as maybe an internship and don't even know how to begin searching.
Any and all help you can pass along will be greatly appreciated.
Kelley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stacey Adams

50 months ago

Kelley in Plymouth, Massachusetts said: I am currently taking online courses with US Career Institute to become a Medical Assistant, As you teach, have you or would you recommend courses through this distance learning school? They have recommended too NHA to get certification. I am new to the medical field but have always wanted to do this and finally here I am, I'm also wondering, the school mentioned getting someone to allow me to do my labs as maybe an internship and don't even know how to begin searching.
Any and all help you can pass along will be greatly appreciated.
Kelley

Kelley
I would go to area hospitals and talk with Human Resourses,explain your situation. They should be able to help. Or you can always call your own pcp and ask them if they need help. Then,there is always the phonebook, you can call Doctors or hospitals and ask. Good Luck!! I was thinking of using us career inst. are you happy with them ??

Kelley in Plymouth, Massachusetts

50 months ago

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your input. I am very happy with them. I have gotten through the 1st of 5 modules and enjoy the ability to go at my own pace, and I usually like to really dedicate my time to whatever project I am working on, so I set up my goals and am sticking to them. The ability to do open book quizzes really helps and not panick and then be able to pick out my strengths and study to work on my weaknesses. The staff there are great too. They called me to welcome me after my 1st module was received and make sure I didn't have any questions and then looked at my quizzes submitted and gave me other hints as to what to look toward when I finish. The price can't be beat for sure and the ability to not have to pay any interest to do payment plans makes it very easy. And I have decided once I complete this course and do what I need to to get into the field, I will continue to sign up for additional courses as well. They do have degree programs too which is great. I am at a point in my life where my son is now living his own life, my Hubby and I are living ours without the 'full responsibility' of parenthood....LOL...so this gives me the time that I need to pay attention to furthering my education, even at my age. Today's 50 is yesterdays 40 right? Or is it 30? LOL.....

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.