You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 331)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

ginger robbins in Lakeland, Florida

52 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Antonio2 in Leonia, New Jersey said: Ginger, I took this course in the health industry because there are a lot of venues which you could take, but prior to this i was doing Accounting work and i got laid off. I just wanted to ask you for wage reason, if this is your first job or did you have prior non related work experiences to CMA and if so, how much did you start it out with; I understand if you don't want to answer your hourly rate wage.

Thx,
Antonio2[/QUOTE
I finished my externship and started work the following week at infectious disease office (hiv,aids, hepatitis, etc) $10.50 and hour. Upon my passing my certification I received $1 more an hour. Which I passed in October(AAMA). Well by the end of the year I was making $13 an hour. I am thinking about doing the LPN program. More places to work and guess what more money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Antonio2 in Leonia, New Jersey

52 months ago

According to all these comments, it seems that there are a lot of confusion as far as which test or accreditation is better. For what i understand, the AAMA is more recognize in the U.S. and pays better. According to Alicia in Brooklyn, she said the NHA test has 200 questions, but for I'm going for which is CMA certification, the test for AAMA is 300 questions. There are various certification for the type of jobs your are going for. Phlebotomy, EKG and CMA are all separated exam and need to be certified for each. If i am wrong, please let me know.

Thanks,

Anthony2

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

While you may do phlebotomy, ekg, etc., unless you test for these individually, or are only certifying for CMA. Each one is a separate certification. AAMA is the right way to go. It is the most recognized one.

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

AMT is the way to go since you can get other certifications through them, AAMA only certifies medical asistants.

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

Also you can't buy your AMT certification you need to provide proof of 5 years as working as a MA, 5 years of work experience trumps a recent graduate any time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Antonio2 in Leonia, New Jersey

52 months ago

I'm in Northern NJ and will be done with my CMA/EKG certifications by the end of Sept. If anyone knows of an opening position, please let me know.

I will also be taking a Physical Therapy Aides position after i'm done with CMA /EKG and should be done by the end of November.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I can buy my AMT which also gives me a RMA. I will be a CMA/RMA. When you are a medical Assistant you are qualified to do phlebotomy, ekg's, and anything else the doctor wants you to do. After 5 years of being a CMA, I don't even have to test for the RMA. I can buy it. You can never buy a CMA(AAMA), you have to go to a accredited (CAAHEP) school and take the accreditation test. People check these schools out. They are charging big bucks and they are not properly accredited, that is why they tell people the NHA is just as good, or whatever organization they endorse. The AAMA or the AMT are the only truly recognized organizations. This group is made up of Doctors and Nurses. These schools go through a rigorous accreditation process.

52 months ago

phil in Pueblo, Colorado said: Also you can't buy your AMT certification you need to provide proof of 5 years as working as a MA, 5 years of work experience trumps a recent graduate any time.

You are right. I will have worked 5 years as a CMA and I will pay for the RMA credentials and I will not have to take the test.

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

AAMA only certifies Medical Assistants AMT certifies you to do other duties ,being qualified to do it is not the same as certification. AMT is superior to AAMA since it offers other certifications. AMT recognizes 5 years working experience as being superior to a recent graduate dont be fooled by AAMA rhetoric AMT is just as recognized as AAMA and offers other certifications as AAMA does not.

52 months ago

I won't argue over wrong information. Do your own research people go to both sites. I am AAMA certified and I will buy the AMT certification. I have worked as a phlebotomist in the hospital and I have also taught the MA program at a accredited school, plus I work at a clinic. People do your homework, please. Don't pull the I am to proud to admit I was taken act. Research and find out what you are talking about. It does make a difference on the amount of money you make and what places will hire you. Look at the employment ads. I have no problems getting jobs. I enjoy my work. If I had more time in my day, I would take more jobs. I have 1 permanent job and several prn jobs. I love what I do.

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

You cant buy your AMT Certification if you have 5 years of documented work experience you can apply to take the TEST for registration as an MA

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

This is what AMT says.
3 B Experience. Applicant shall have been employed in the profession of medical assisting for a minimum of 5 years, no more than 2 years of which may have been as an instructor in a post secondary school MA program
Applicants applying under 3B must take and pass the AMT certification examination for RMA.
if you posses the AAMA cert. then with working in the MA field 3 of the past 5 years you may be considered for RMA without testing

CC in Londonderry, New Hampshire

52 months ago

Missy in Austin, Texas said: I wonder if anyone can say that the NHA'S certification for CCMA is better/worse/ or indifferent to them AAMA's certification for CMA?

The AAMA certification CMA (AAMA) is the top of the profession. You are not allowed to use this credential unless you passed the certification exam after attending a CAAHEP accredited medical assisting program.

52 months ago

I state again, I meet all the qualifications to just buy without testing my RMA(AMT).
Thanks

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

thats great that you meet all the qualifications to buy the AMT, but it doesnt make sense to buy it if you already have the AAMA unless you know that the AMT is just as good as the AAMA and after doing a nation wide job search AMT is equal to AAMA every single MA job that wanted certification asked for the AAMA or AMT. and I will put up my AMT registration to your AAMA any time

52 months ago

No, RMA is not better, it is just the fact I can buy it and don't have to test. This is a comparison one you can buy the other you can't. I will get certified and Registered for everything I can, this means more money. Besides I can buy my RMA and you can't buy your CMA. Enough said, this is childish. What started out as a informational to help stop people from getting taken on the whole NHA thing turned into a silly feud. Sorry people. I say do the research, look at job ads, and get the most certifications and registrations you can get. Get your CMA and you can take most certification test. (AAMA)

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

I didnt say RMA is better I said RMA is equal To AAMA enough said do the research, the best way to research is do a nation wide MA job searches, you will find out that AAMA and AMT are the ones that employers accept, NHA I have found is not accepted on MA job searches. Look for schools at a minimum that are nationally accredited and approved by the US DEPT OF EDUCATION with a minimum of 720 clock hours including a 160 hour internship this is the minimum that AMT accepts for registration. AAMA requires you to attend ABHES or CAAHEP acredited schools and like alot of us who are on a budget or live in smaller towns dont have this luxury also AMT recognizes experience as a factor to be registered. all in all get AAMA or AMT certified, NHA for now is not widely accepted, and Ginger Sorry, we should educate others on scams out their that offer worthless certifications

52 months ago

I agree Phil. People need to do the research and not get a generic certification or registration. AAMA and AMT, the only recognized in the northeastern side of the US.

Thanks
Ginger

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

52 months ago

ginger robbins in Lakeland, Florida said: I agree Phil. People need to do the research and not get a generic certification or registration. AAMA and AMT, the only recognized in the northeastern side of the US.

Thanks
Ginger

I hate to tell this NCCT is also recognized as well. These are not the only two Medical Assistant Certifying agencies in the U.S.. I'm a National Certified Medical Assistant, So don't try to tell I'm not Certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

52 months ago

Matt after doing a nation wide job search NCCT is only recognized about 10% of the time a little more than NHA. AAMA and AMT are the only ones that are recognized 100% of the time you may be certified but dont have the clout as AAMA or AMT. sorry

1nurse in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

If there are any medical assistants looking for for work in or near Columus Ohio looking for work, Accurate Healthcare professionals i n Louisville ky is looking to hire IMMEDIATELY to fill a job order. This is a legit ageny with decent wages and work available. The agency is located in Louisville therfore it doesn't have many contracts or out of state workers. Don't miss this opportunity, u can be reporting to work Friday am. I'm just spreading the word !

1nurse in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

I don't know where this forum is getting the cities and states from. It has me listed as Atlanta, I'm responding from Louisville, ky...mary 1 NURSE

kylelee26 in Odessa, Texas

51 months ago

No where in Texas seems to accept their certification for CBCS. I am heartbroken. At 48 years old, went back to school, did everything I was required and than 3.92 GPA, went and got certified, all to find out it is a worthless piece of paper where I live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

develvapierson@ymail.com in Lubbock, Texas

51 months ago

Carol in Randolph, New Jersey said: National Healthcareer Association is a good organization,I have been certified with them for the past8 yearssincei gradated from Morris county tech The Continueing Education they offer makes it easy to stay Certified and pretty informative...

Is the NHA recognized by Texas and if so where did you learn of this information? Thank you for your time.

51 months ago

I am so sorry for you. Please everyone make sure your school is accredited through the AAMA. Investigate your school. Make them put it in the contract if you have to.

Ismemarie in Pennsylvania

51 months ago

I just passed the NHA CCMA exam and my program wasn't accredited to take the AAMA. In the area I live in, the NHA certification is very well known. In fact, when I applied at a local hospital clinic, that was the first thing that was said to me. I was asked if I was certified with at least the NHA certification or the AAMA. So depending on your area, the NHA is still good to take.

Well, I just took my exam today and passed. Now I will be certified in EKG and Plebotomy right along with getting certified in CCMA!!! I'm happy with just that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

51 months ago

congratulations, we all cant attend AAMA schools. my school is a NHA and AMT accredited school, good luck on your career

sailorswife1134 in Jacksonville, Florida

51 months ago

I was wandering if anyone has taken the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant exam through National Healthcareer Association?! And if you have any study advice or practice test or anything that will help me! I take the test in 3 weeks and would love any information anyone has. THANK YOU

51 months ago

Thanks Phil!

@sailorswife1134---Although, I took the CCMA exam, I would say the best thing to do is to buy the NHA guide for CMAA which is a couple bucks to buy the downloadable guide.

In the book at the end there's a practice test. I found that some of the questions were actually on the exam. The guide helped out a lot!

Good Luck!

sailorswife1134 in Jacksonville, Florida

51 months ago

Thank You for your information~

LaTonya in Raleigh, North Carolina

51 months ago

Michelle in Clayton, North Carolina said: What if the school I attend is not accrediated?
Envisionary I Care but helps get you certified through NHA? Will employers hire me?

Michelle,
Did you complete the program at Envisionary I Care. I'm interested in their Medical Coding and Billing program?

LaTonya in Raleigh, North Carolina

51 months ago

ellerbet in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I went to that scool and I was able to get jobs but you just have to take the test to get certification for CMMA and coding

Ellerbet,
I'm interested in attending enVisionary I-Care. How was it?

Missjacque in birmingham, Alabama

50 months ago

Can anyone tell me some good schools online for Medical Assistant that possibly offer a 7 to 9 month course

phil in Pueblo, Colorado

50 months ago

US Career Institute is DETC Accredited, US Dept. Of Education Approved, 593 Clock Hours with 160 Externship Hrs. you will qualify to take the RMA test. upon graduation you can take the NHA CMAA test without externship. you do have to do your own leg work for the externship,also for 300 bucks CVAS offers a Phlebotomy work shop awarding you a national certification in phlebotomy their having a workshop in Huntsville on 12/18/10 and mobile 12/11/10. US Career Institute is about 1000 bucks and CVAS 300 bucks. just google cvas

brittany678 in Monroe, Michigan

49 months ago

ginger robbins in Lakeland, Florida said: I state again, I meet all the qualifications to just buy without testing my RMA(AMT).
Thanks

well good for u. u need to get over yourself!!!!

atm in nj

49 months ago

i am taking the nha test for medical billing and coding does any one know how many questions are on the test and is the study guide good for studing for this test

Sybil in Wilmington, North Carolina

49 months ago

Alicia in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Wandab,
I recieved my certification through the NHA. The test is 200 questions and cost $150. If you pass the test you will be certified in CCMA, CET,and CPT. You will recieve the CCMA certificate automatically, if you want the CPT, and CET certificates, you will have to send the NHA an additional $38.

does questions come from their NHA study guide ONLY? please reply :)

49 months ago

does questions come from their NHA study guide ONLY? please reply :)

49 months ago

Anybody who has given exam through NHA can please tell me if the exam questions come ONLY from NHA review material? plz :(

49 months ago

Sybil in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Anybody who has given exam through NHA can please tell me if the exam questions come ONLY from NHA review material? plz :(

I took the NHA exam and not all the questions come from only the NHA guide but a majority are and the guide is soooo much helpful!! Get it!!

MBUR500 in New Holland, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Ismemarie-can I ask where in PA you are? I know you said NHA is well recognized in your area and I am in PA also (central PA-Lancaster). I want to make sure NHA is recognized in my area before I start a medical billing program here!

Sharon in Bolingbrook, Illinois

48 months ago

Its really hard to get a job with the NHA Certificate as a CCMA in Illinois...most of the job wants AAMA....why is that??

Paul in Tampa, Florida

48 months ago

Sharon in Bolingbrook, Illinois said: Its really hard to get a job with the NHA Certificate as a CCMA in Illinois...most of the job wants AAMA....why is that??

Log onto the Better Business Bureau website { a.k.a. BBB } and search their records and findings for NHA. That will answer your question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MRS. ORLANDO in Matthews, North Carolina

48 months ago

I took the NHA exam about 2 yrs ago and am finding it to be very hard to find a job thats not asking for you to be certified with AAMA. I feel that my certification through NHA, and the training that I have should be enough. I worked 1 yr. not being certified and went and recieved my certification for CCMA in Jan. of 2010. My experience and traning that I have recieved thous far has been unreal.I love what I am doing but do desire a change, and a pay increase.I have been in the medical field for 15 yrs., swtarted as CNA, and decided that I wanted to go a little further, and find that it has been very rewarding being a medical assistant, but then again I find it to be very dishearting when you are not able to move any further to grow more. What should I do know at this point. 356

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Flushing, New York

48 months ago

im about to start a program that is COE accredited but not CAAHEP.......IS it a trap?

tasha holmes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

help someone, i been graduate from medical assistant school in 1999 and from that point i always work in that field and was never as for certification and i recently got laid off in 2009 as a medical assistant .and now looking for another job and i need to be certified.whats a good certified place to go too?and whats the number?do you know the study guide ?can someone email me holmest30@yahoo.com. please i need it bad .thanks guys

Bonnie in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

Does the NHA offer online training courses for the CBCS and CMAA programs, or for any of their other medical programs? If not, is there an online program that is recognized by the NHA, or is it better to take the courses at my local community college? Most important, are there jobs in NYC right now for entry level billers/coders? Really need help on this; thanks so much.

Johnathan in Lenexa, Kansas

45 months ago

Cindy Dooney in Detroit, Michigan said: You must complete a NHA approved training program in order to take the Certification exam
the info is on their Website www.nhanow.com

C. Dooney

I was able to find more information on the CBCS certification here: <a href="nhanow.com/billing-coding.aspx">http://nhanow.com/billing-coding.aspx</a>

Johnathan in Lenexa, Kansas

45 months ago

Johnathan in Lenexa, Kansas said: I was able to find more information on the CBCS certification here: <a href=" nhanow.com/billing-coding.aspx">nhanow.com/billing-coding.aspx</a>

Sorry the link did not work correctly, it is here: nhanow.com/billing-coding.aspx

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.