RMA certification dilemma

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

lflemmer in honolulu, Hawaii

59 months ago

Aloha!
I have a few questions about the RMA exam. I was told by someone from the AMT that I would qualify to take the exam even though I HAVE NOT completed any sort of MA course. I have completed a 2 yr Paramedic Program. This, along with my Paramedic internship and 5+ years as a CNA qualifies me for the exam. Now, here come the questions: Has anyone taken the exam with a somewhat similar background? The only part of the test that worries me is all of the office/clerical stuff. Until I glanced at a review guide the other day, I didn't realize that was such a big part of the test. I am not very computer literate to say the least. Should I just get myself a review guide or 2 (suggestions would be great!)along with a few textbooks, cram and, hope for the best? Should I look at taking a class or 2? Or, should I look at just taking a whole certification program? Please, share any advice, experience, and suggestions that you have. Also, any recommendations on study guides/textbooks/where to get practice exams (preferably free ones)would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Just thought of one more thing: Does anyone know of any Paramedic to RN programs in Oahu or, even online that are worth looking into?

Thanks!!!!!!1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Funtimes in Puyallup, Washington

45 months ago

The RMA outline is on the site. Its rather strait forward what they are looking for. Kaplan has a summarized version ready to read, you might be able to snag a copy for 15-20.00

The RMA test is tested in random difficulty based on the outline. Harder questions yield more pts, then easy ones. You need a 70 raw score to pass. 200-210 questions in 3 hrs, computer or pencil. If you can differentiate betweeen common surgical tools and anatomical body parts, the rest is mainly terms and laws

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Monique in Omaha, Nebraska

31 months ago

How long should I study for the RMA test before I take it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

funtimes in Tacoma, Washington

30 months ago

I did it in 6 months for me, but that is overkilling it. Take the time, read the book. You have two years if nothing has changed. No sense in wasting money if your not ready. Its more of a game of knowing a lot of random facts on subjects.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shenell41@netzero.net

26 months ago

I am really looking forward on passing the test anyone hav any suggestions(rma)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.