Refresher Course

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 143)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

50 months ago

Kay in Pompano Beach, Florida said: The state must be getting some major kick backs (cash) from these DIPLOMA MILLS to turn the other cheek so that they (DIPLOMA MILLS) can take advantage of its citizens it seems that these DIPLOMA MILLS are popping up everywhere all on the television oh not to mention the computer their dominating that !!, FOLKS please beware and do your research before even thinking let alone attending one of these DIPLOMA MILLS and please please BEWARE and may GOD bless you.

Hello Kay, How are you today? You are right there are some bad schools out there. There are also a lot of good ones too!!! People should look before they buy. Have a good day and God bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

marywallac in casper

50 months ago

hi, i me to have the same question i live in casper.
if any course offered here...???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kee in Madison, Wisconsin

49 months ago

I graduated from school in dec of 2009 and havent found a CMA job yet.I called around and asked why wasnt I getting hired they told me Id been out of school to long and that I have no experience now what do I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

daisy in Houma, Louisiana

48 months ago

I went to a Jr College graduated from there in 1993 for Medical Assistant but never got certified do to unforseen surcumstances. What can I do to start it back up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cameron in Beaverton, Oregon

48 months ago

There are no refresher courses here in Oregon or elsewhere as far as I now. I was a CMA back in the 1980's. I contacted the AAMA last year and asked how I could get my license back. I was advised that I could purchase materials from them or (take the test to becomer re-certified) and take a written test -mail it back to them along with my current BLS license and if I passed I would be re-certified. I did so, and I am once again I am CMA as of November 2010. I just received my certificate last week though and an official card stating I am a CMA. Now I have 5 years to earn 60 CEUS (required) to continue my certification. Join your local chapter, attend any events they have to offer. Any information is better than none, and you could possible earn ceu's for it also read your CMA Today (you get this when you join the AAMA) they have quizzes in the back of the magazine that offer ceu's. Keep in mind CEU's are good for CMA's only. Also check with the local unemployment office. Here they have career pathways-3 month courses that teach medical assisting and offer job assistance. If you're unemployed the state may cover your costs. Worth checking into. You know, with all these posts, I'm thinking of taking this career pathways course, and petioning the local community college to teach a refresher course ans citing these posts as as there is a great demand for this . Hope this helps you all... Cameron

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Saint Louis, Missouri

47 months ago

Maybe this will help.

The American Registry of Medical Assistants (serves all 50 states).
They help reinstate,refresh and or update your registry/certification for those who have been out of the field for at least two years or more. They update you based upon how many years you been out of the field.
www.arma-cert.org/reinstatement

You can also try (AMT)American Medical Technologist www.amt1.com to obtain and or maintain your certification/registry. They help you prepare and take the exam. They also have an online program.

As a Medical Assistant you can still get jobs, it's just up to the doctor/facility who decides. It's worth a shot. If you do update your registry that will upgrade your pay a bit and make us a more desirable person to higher. I've been out of the field for 10yrs myself. I was just looking for some help, but I guess I just done helped myself. Ha! Ha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unkle in Europe

47 months ago

A page with the most useful comments if you want to [url=custom-paper-writing.com/order]buy paper[/url]. It's really good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unkle in Europe

47 months ago

This page contains the most useful comments if you want to [url=custom-paper-writing.com/order]buy paper[/url].

Angel in Riverdale, Illinois

47 months ago

kishia B. in Browns Mills, New Jersey said: I finally contacted the institute I graduated from, and have been taking refresher courses for the last month. I was informed by the school that any time a former graduate needs any assistance the school is supposed to provide it. I know it may have been several years that has past,but maybe those looking for refresher courses should contact their former institute, also you can volunteer at hospitals and clinics that might help as well. There is always someone that is willing to help, but you just how to know where to find them. Good luck and stay motivated don't give up.

I like your comment thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

angie in Colorado Springs, Colorado

45 months ago

i graduated from a medical assistant program in 2007, last time i worked in 2009, its hard to find a job, because i was out for almost 1 year and half, i will go back to school to refresh my medical assistant skills, i was wondering if i have to add that in my resume, how i do i have know idea but they need to know that i refreshed my skills so i get hire, if someone went back to school to refresh their medical assistant skills and know have to re-do the resume, please send me an email, am re-doing my resume and would like some feedback. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in San Jose, California

45 months ago

Now a day they not accept refresh course. It better to take a new field medical billing and coding.

Virginia in Sycamore, Illinois

45 months ago

My name is Virginia. I graduated about 10 years ago with an associate degree in medical assistance. I have not worked in the medical field where I could utilize the skills that I learned through the program. I would like to start working in the medical field and would like to know if there are any refresher course offered in or near Sycamore, IL.

Paula O'Connor in Midlothian, Illinois

45 months ago

Hi. Looking for a refresher course in Medical Assistant. My zip code is 60805.

meka in Midland, Texas

45 months ago

Hi ,im meka i have been out of the medical fisld almost 10years and would like to know if there is an Medical Assistant refresher coures offered in Waco, Texas.

rp1314 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

45 months ago

Ok, guys I hope this help you, I graduated on 2007, work for 2 years after that stay out of the medical field for 1 year and a half, so it was very hard to get a job, I called 2 weeks ago my school where I graduated as medical assistant, asked them if I can go back for a refresher course just to refresh skills, they told me yes, I was supposed to refresher for 2 weeks and half, also submitted my resume to the job placement I just stay for only 1 week, the job placement refer me to a family practice, and I got hire on the spot. You know you can go back to your school where you graduated and asked them for a refresher course its free, and talk to the job placement, it doesnt matter how long ago you graduated they will help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

GreyLover said: Hi,

I have been a medical assistant for many years. Graduated with
an associates degree. Have been out of the field for a few years
and am now looking to start back up. Does anyone know if there are
any refresher courses available to take in the greater Philly area?

I did a refresher course in my school where I graduated in 2007, the refresher course was for 2 weeks and i dont pay and i got a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Virginia in Sycamore, Illinois said: My name is Virginia. I graduated about 10 years ago with an associate degree in medical assistance. I have not worked in the medical field where I could utilize the skills that I learned through the program. I would like to start working in the medical field and would like to know if there are any refresher course offered in or near Sycamore, IL.

go back to your college the should let you take a refresher course for free, i did it.

Kelly in Grand Rapids, Michigan

45 months ago

I took the time to read all the comments about the refresher courses for the medical assistant. I think that I vaguely remember my school saying something about being able to come back. I will give them a call and talk to them.

Julio in San Francisco, California

44 months ago

What is the difference between RMA and CMA?
Can anybody help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jennifer in Elizabeth, New Jersey

44 months ago

I have the same problem i graduated in 2006 I have not worked in the
the field. I'm looking for a refresher course so I can get certified
to get a job as MA. Asn suggestion? PLEASE HELP!

tamika in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

I graduated in 2002 and worked as a Medical aaaaaaaaaAssistant for a few years i want to get back into the feild. I want to know is there somewhere i can take a refresher course without doin the whole program over?????

Tanya in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Up to what age can a medical assistant work before they retire? In California. Does anyone know?

pilaar thomas in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

Hi i am a Medical Assistant i graduated in 1999... When i graduated i work in a Gastrointerology clinic and i work in medical health but i havent work as a medical assistant since 2002.. Im reallt tryig to find a Medical Assistant refresher course in Sacramento Ca... If one knows of one please let me know i don want to take the whole course again waste of money...

genean

39 months ago

looks like i am in the same boat as alot of you i my self didnt take my certifcation exam but worked as a medical assistant for 3 years and ran the lad drawing blood,,my question is the same i would love to go back to work but where can i find a refresher course to help me where can i work can i work in the hosiptal drawing blood besides just a office do i need my certification exam taken,,wow i have so many questions but no one to answer them,,,please help my name is genean and i am clewiston fla,,thanks to all and good luck and god bless to all

geneananderson@wildblue.net

39 months ago

wow i see that i am in the same boat as alot of you,i my self didnt take the certification exam but did work in a dr offica and run the lab drawing blood and enjoyed my job,i have been out if work for 10 years and looking for a refresher course to help me remember things to be a good medical assistant,please if any one knows of a refresher class near clewistion fla please write me back,,, thanks and good luck to all and god bless genean

Brenda Carr in Atlanta, Georgia

35 months ago

joy_climes in Atlanta, Georgia said: I took the certefication test for medical assistant back in 2005. I failed my test by four points and I wanted to know if there are any refresher courses I could take in the Atlanta/East Point area so I can try to take my test again.

Can u get a loan to take this course or do you contact the school you graduated from

mrswanda927 in Lawrence, Massachusetts

34 months ago

I'm looking to do refresher courses in Medical Assisting.I live in Methuen Mass. Thank you.

kelly kelly in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

Hello to all, im also in the same situation iam in need of refreshment training again of medical assisting,Lots of dr. offices wont hire unless you know spanish, so now ive been out of practice since 2009, i live in orlando fl. and i graduated back in aug, 2009, does someone know of a refresher school in this town? at the mean time i work as a cna.

Jen in Albuquerque, New Mexico

32 months ago

I graduated with my CMA certificate in 2010 in Alaska. Due to my husband being in the military I haven't been able to work. I am now in another state and we will be here for a few years. I have applied for many CMA jobs but since I haven't had any experience in the field. No one is willing to hire me. I have checked all over at all the schools in the Albuquerque area that offers the CMA program and no one seem to offer refresher courses. What am I to do? I don't want to give up on being a CMA, I loved being apart of the medical field. I can't go back to Alaska to the school I graduated from to take refresher classes. Does anyone know of any place here where to go? I don't want to pay for the same type of schooling again!

Shamar B. in Bartow, Florida

32 months ago

Ok ladies I did some research and I will tell you this Everest allows their students to get refresher courses on labs. Please don't fret about the in class work. I found a book with extremely good reviews published by, the director of Everest institute, Dr.Moini. This book called glencoe medical assisting book. It has the all you need to know to help you pass the CMA, RMA, and CCMA exam without the useless information. This book usually costs $300 brand new but on amazon.com I found 8 used books for only $19! Give me a month or so to study and I'll let you know how well
I did on my exam. Hope this helps... Good Luck ladies!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shamar B. in Bartow, Florida

32 months ago

Oh and for the MA's that need some experience try to be an intern at a clinic or hospital. That's my plan!

ERICO in Whittier, California

32 months ago

Tracey Williams in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I see there is a lot of us looking for the same thing Refresher courses. I am currently working for the Palm Beach County Court House in West Palm Beach Florida.
Things are changing and i really would like to get back into the medical field. It has been 11yrs now since I have been off the scene. I past my broads exam back in 1992 and I didn't continue with my educational classes nor did I renew my license. I wish I would have stayed with it. Lesson learned. Can someone point us all in the right direction.

Looking for answers

GOSH FROM ALL I'M READING ABOUT PEOPLE NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND REFRESHER COURSES FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANTS...SOMEONE SHOULD OPEN A BUSINESS ON REFRESHER COURSES FOR A WAY LESSER COST...THEY MIGHT MAKE A KILLING?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa Moore in Riverdale, Georgia

30 months ago

Hello: My name is Theresa Moore and I am a CMA with over 14 current years of experience in the medical field. I am the CEO for Messiah For Life CPR, which currently offers refresher coures in medical assistant, phlebotomy and cpr classes.

If you are interested I am serving the Metro Atlanta,Jonesboro,and Dekalb area's.
Please contact me at theresamoore81@yahoo.com

(Thanks

Theresa Moore
CEO

Lyn916 in Sacramento, California

28 months ago

I had graduated on 2010 for my medical assistant along with my associate degree in science. I did my intern and got it completed but, could not find a job until now. I had only took the course because they were prerequisite for Ultrasound tech but, now the school had discontinue the program. So I wanted to find a job for medical assistant but, I had graduated 2 years ago I still remember what I need to do in the job but, will someone hire me? Can someone comment to what I need or should do? Thank you.

theresa moore in Riverdale, Georgia

28 months ago

bridget in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I have been out of medical assistant field for about ten years. And would love to know if there are any refresher courses offered in Norcross, Georgia.

Hello Bridget: I was just reading your comments and noticed this was posted some time ago. I am just wondering if you are still in need of refresher courses for Medical Assisting. If so please e-mail me at theresamoore81@yahoo.com. I am offering refresher courses and have a location to assist you and hours that may be accommodating as well.

theresa moore in Riverdale, Georgia

28 months ago

Brenda Carr in Atlanta, Georgia said: Can u get a loan to take this course or do you contact the school you graduated from

Hello Brenda: I am just wondering if you are still interested in taking refresher courses in for the Medical Assisting program. If you are still in need please e-mail me at theresamoore81@yahoo.com. I have some available slots and my hours are flexible as well. thank you

Heather in Twentynine Palms, California

27 months ago

Hello,I don't feel alone reading all these posts, I too graduated with my medical assistant in 1996 0nly worked for 2 years before we up and moved to another state. then I couldn't find a job since I recieved my MA in another state. My husband has been military for almost 20 years so I have been working as a CNA since 2002. He is getting ready to retire next year I'm currently in school online For another degree, However would love to get back in Medical Assisting I feel like I wasted my money!!!! would like to make some decent money after he retires till I'm done with school and he finds another job. what are the steps that I need to take? I know I need refresher courses so much has changed. Thanks.

Tanisha Mosley in Hayward, California

24 months ago

I'm looking for a refresher course for Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy in the Bay Area. Can anyway help ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lwester843@gmail.com in Navarre, Florida

24 months ago

It's been really hard for me finding a refresher course. I am a medical assistant but I've been out of the job market since 2008,due to health issues. I've tried to use voc rehab to help but they are useless. I've tried calling Pensacola State for a "just a refresher course, such as the lab part of the classes. They wanted me to take the all the classes over again. Previously I've worked in multi practice and mainly in OB/GYN You need to look on the computer. I did find a CPR recert. class you can do online. I've been in touch with ARMA and they said I needed 28 CEU's to get recertified. You should try to enroll in a phlebotomy class in your local college. that and let me know.

Linda

Ms. Brenda in Middleburg, Florida

22 months ago

Medical Career Specialists offers a 2-day Phlebotomy and a 5-day Clinical Medical Assistant certification, in addition to 6 other certification courses. There is currently a raffle for a FREE Tuition giveaway taking place on facebook. Just search 'Medical Career Specialists' on facebook to find and enter the raffle. Drawing will be May 1, 2013.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Evergreen Park, Illinois

21 months ago

Paula O'Connor in Midlothian, Illinois said: Hi. Looking for a refresher course in Medical Assistant . My zip code is 60805.

My zip code is 60805 and I am looking for a refresher course in Medical Assisting also Did you ever find one in the are?

wmeredith97@yahoo.com in Plano, Texas

19 months ago

I need to retake the RMA exam where can i go for a refresher course?

Shariekah Wooten in Bronx, New York

10 months ago

I took medical assistance course in 2006, I passed but was unable to obtain my certification. I also have worked in a doctor office utilizing my .training. Is there anything I can do to get the certification now? Because I can't afford to retake the entire course again

Tanisha in Lawrence, Massachusetts

9 months ago

Candice in Metairie, Louisiana

8 months ago

I finished School for maedical assistant in 2005; however, I did not take the test to get certification. What step can I got about getting a refresher course and taking the test.

Yang in Fresno, California

7 months ago

Seems like from reading all of these comments there hasn't been an actual answer for anyone. I've been out of the field for 3 yrs and looking for a refresher class in Fresno, CA. If anyone knows please notify me.

leomedlink@hotmail.com in Naples, Florida

7 months ago

SHEILA LARSEN in Anderson, Texas said: I'VE ATTENTED A MEDICAL ASSISTANT SCHOOL.
NOW I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE FIELD FOR 10 YEARS.
WHERE CAN I GO TO TAKE A FRESHER COURSE.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

Hello Ms. Larsen, I offer Medical Assistant Preparatory course for the National Medical Assistant CERTIFICATION ONLINE DURING in EVENING HOURS.

If you are interested, Please e-mail me at LEOMEDLINK@HOTMAIL.COM Mr. Leo Feliz

7 months ago

Candice in Metairie, Louisiana said: I finished School for maedical assistant in 2005; however, I did not take the test to get certification. What step can I got about getting a refresher course and taking the test.

I offer Medical Assistant Preparatory course for the National Medical Assistant CERTIFICATION ONLINE DURING in EVENING HOURS.

7 months ago

kee in Madison, Wisconsin said: I graduated from school in dec of 2009 and havent found a CMA job yet.I called around and asked why wasnt I getting hired they told me Id been out of school to long and that I have no experience now what do I do?

I offer Medical Assistant Preparatory course for the National Medical Assistant CERTIFICATION ONLINE DURING in EVENING HOURS.

7 months ago

angie in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: i graduated from a medical assistant program in 2007, last time i worked in 2009, its hard to find a job, because i was out for almost 1 year and half, i will go back to school to refresh my medical assistant skills, i was wondering if i have to add that in my resume, how i do i have know idea but they need to know that i refreshed my skills so i get hire, if someone went back to school to refresh their medical assistant skills and know have to re-do the resume, please send me an email, am re-doing my resume and would like some feedback. thanks

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.