Thinking About Going Into Medical Assisting.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Andrina in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

I want to go to Carrington College for Medical Assisting. This is a private college (like Heald or Phoenix) and I'm not sure about accredidation.

The program is 10 months with the las tmonth being an externship.

Will I get a job out of this? I have a sibling who went to a college like this and never found a job in her field (medical billing and coding).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sindy in Baltimore, Maryland

39 months ago

Then don't do it !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Milly in Waterbury, Connecticut

39 months ago

I would think in an area like Sacramento that you would not have trouble finding work. Does your school have any placement services? Do you have a good resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

39 months ago

Andrina in Sacramento, California said: I want to go to Carrington College for Medical Assisting. This is a private college (like Heald or Phoenix) and I'm not sure about accredidation.

The program is 10 months with the las tmonth being an externship.

Will I get a job out of this? I have a sibling who went to a college like this and never found a job in her field (medical billing and coding).

I would suggest looking at your local community or technical school. Private for profit schools (or career colleges) are WAY overpriced and you don't get a superior education for how much more you will pay.

As to a job, both Medical Assisting and Billing/Coding have become over saturated. TONS of people flocked to these fields because they require little education with the promise of high pay and an abundance of jobs. As your sister found out, this is not the case and was a line the schools say to get you to buy their education.

The trick with getting a job now (with ANY field) is to start out in a less than desirable position, to get your foot in the door and gain some experience. Once you have done that, you can then start looking for better jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.