Why is so hard to find a job in georgia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 106)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Blakjaktrippa in Lithonia, Georgia

67 months ago

I guess we all in the same boat....I been going throught the same thing. No work no where, and temp agencies with the same answer. Are you certified? in some cases it does make a difference. I'm really on the edge of sanity in finding a job in the Ma field. All I can say is dont give up..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Art89 in Anaheim, California

67 months ago

So I guess I'm not the only one on this boat! :/ I went to school to become a medical assistant. Just finished my 160 hours of free labor and now jobless :[ Having second thoughts whether taking this career path was a good choice or not. Too late now! Might have been a mistake. Now im broke & in depth with school. I can honestly tell everybody out there NOT to go to school to become a MA. Go str8 into the RN or LVN program...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I Definetely feel you on that.... I think about it everyday.!!! Thats what it seems like. You go to school, Borrow all this money, Do well in school, go give your time and energy, for FREE, (but they call it getting experience), and then you cant find a job.................NoWHERE. I thought MA would definetely be a good career choice. Its hard but all I can say is that you came this far, dont give up now...I havent yet despite all the closed doors I face, Get your Certification, your TB test done and keep it moving, applying any and everywhere!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mandy_lou in Texas

67 months ago

I was thinking about Medical Assistant, but was considering an online school. Have any of you taken online classes?

New Grad Working in Marietta, Georgia

66 months ago

This is a message for everyone out there who has become discouraged and on the verge of giving up. I just recently graduated from Medical Assisting school literally 2 weeks ago and I landed a job. I was not offered a job with my extern and I pretty much knew that they didn't plan on hiring anyone from the moment I started my extern. I learned a lot of wonderful things there and decided in my mind that I wasn't going to give up. I applied for every job I saw online and landed an interview with a family practice down the street from my house. I got the job because of the training that I recieved at my extern. My extern-site solely used EMR and I decided to learn all that I could about their software. This is what landed me the job. The family practice that hired me is going to EMR and needs someone to upload charts. I worked really hard at my extern and was never late or called out for any reason. This payed off b/c I not only got a wonderful recommendation but 3 days ago they called me to offer me a job there. I didn't except it b/c of the better offer with the family practice. I couldn't believe that they called me back to offer me a job, they missed my hard work that they just arn't used to seeing with other students. My advice to everyone out there is to take your extern serious, even if they don't offer you a job they may know someone who is hiring. Make sure you don't leave without a letter of recommendation as well. LEARN all that you can at your extern, ask questions and offer to do more than what is expected of you. Your hard work will pay off! Oh yeah and make sure you don't call out or show up late EVER!!
Good luck to everyone :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samone in Stone Mountain, Georgia

66 months ago

That is wonderful!! I'm a certified phlebotomy tech and still haven't find a job yet. If you know anyone thats hiring for phlebotomy please let me know. Everywhere I've applied required experience. The only experience I have is my externship which was for only a month. I really like phlebotomy. How are you going to gain the experience you need if no one gives you a chance. My email address is simonewilliams5@gmail.com. If anyone know anyone thats hiring please feel free to let me know. ASAP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Hey whats up..I get emails all the time from a place called Tenet HealthCare in Griffin thats looking for a Certified Phlebotomist..check it out...

Ashley Riggs in Colorado Springs, Colorado

64 months ago

I recenty got my RMA, and no one will even give me a chance. It is crazy to think i blew 10000 on nothing. Back to square one working at Walmart.

Nicole in Toronto, Ontario

64 months ago

It's been 2 years and I'm still having difficulty securing a job as an RMA. All the staff at my externship site thought that I was an excellent fit to their office, but the doctor decided that he did not want to hire anyone new. So Ive been looking ever since, I even looked in Toronto, Ontario! Found nothing! So you're right in that it is a total waste of money and now I'm in debt! So I'm about to take my prerequisite courses so I can get into a nursing program. This is not how I imagined my life would be at 34 years of age. I was one of those people who never really new what she wanted to do in life when it came to a career, but nursing is the best thing. I'm following the call to be a nurse, but I wish I never, ever wasted my time trying to be an RMA. Whenever I see people who are taking the courses I let them know what theyre up against. Good luck to everyone in their search, It's rough out there for new RMA's.

fhoneycutt in New Baltimore, Michigan

63 months ago

Anonymous said: To Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia: I hope you don't speak on your interviews as poorly as your writing skills. If so, it's no wonder you can't find a job!

You are rude!

fhoneycutt in New Baltimore, Michigan

63 months ago

I understand totally with the fraustrations of applying for positions as a MA. I have been for the last week and I have not gotten not one call but as always I know sometimes you can apply to companies and they may not call you back for weeks or even months at times. I agree with New Grad Working about the externship, she sounds exactly like me. I got letters of recommendations from 2 doctors and the office manager. My externship was awesome, I got hired but I don't know what happen they go through a temp guy and I guess he did not want to hire me for some odd reason I was never really given an explanation. I have been getting a little discouraged but I am not giving up I will make envolops with a cover letter, resume, copies of my letter of recommendations, and references to drop off at places if I have to. lol Job hunting in general is exhausting and fraustrated especially when you don't see results right away but don't GIVE UP!

ms lady in Staten Island, New York

63 months ago

even if you dont find the job you want as a ma you can chose between different options like fnding a insurance company try putting your application for what you have as a ma we do several things don't just focus on one thing try getting a job in a lab area were you can draw blood keep your options open

experience in Greenville, South Carolina

60 months ago

wendy in Covington, Georgia said: c-med at new st joseph hospital is hiring, it is center for medicine, also dr. maria walker on snapfinger rd, laureate medical group, piedmont clinics, go to yahoo jobs .com good luck

dr maria walker looks for new employers every week. she will only keep you for 2-3 weeks because she does not like to pay. Ask the employment office to give you her history.

Pibbie in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

Reading all of these comments.. I'm not to sure if it's a gud idea for
Me to start MA in college next week. Have oreintation
Tomorrow. Am I gonna go to college for MA for nothing or wat???

pam in Carrollton, Georgia

60 months ago

Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: I been searching for work for Medical Assistant for the last 6 months and I went to interview but they all was staffing agencies. They all told me the same thing everytime I call to ask if any job available they say the havent find anything yet. Could someone please tell what am doing wrong I filed out so much application online also and no response. If anyone out have any opinion and job offers please contact at the email address and let me know what to do. Thank You.

I can't find a job either. I am in middle Ga. I have applied for about 30 jobs, MA related not one single interview, I hate Ga. How will I feed my kids? I was laid off from an Urgent care center in July.

1nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

60 months ago

pam in Carrollton, Georgia said: I can't find a job either. I am in middle Ga. I have applied for about 30 jobs, MA related not one single interview, I hate Ga. How will I feed my kids? I was laid off from an Urgent care center in July.

It's not just Georgia, the work is slow everywhere right now. Don't take it personally and don't give up. Right now the employers have the upper hand because they can pick and choose who they want to hire because there are so many MA's looking for work.

liz in Santa Rosa, California

58 months ago

im straight out of high school in a MA Program, i thought since eventually i wanted to go to University and major in nursing this certification would help. I am just believing in god to give me a job in this area.

liz in Santa Rosa, California

58 months ago

Pibbie in Phoenix, Arizona said: Reading all of these comments.. I'm not to sure if it's a gud idea for

same problem, just finished a semester in MA and reading this comments i feel like dropping this program all together and switching to paramedic certificate at least there jobs are more in demand in the bay area.

1nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

liz in Santa Rosa, California said: im straight out of high school in a MA Program, i thought since eventually i wanted to go to University and major in nursing this certification would help. I am just believing in god to give me a job in this area.

Skip MA and go directly into nursing. Completing MA first will help you somewhat with your studies in nursing however, your MA certification will not count as experience towards nursing. Trust me, I was a MA for 19 years prior to becoming a nurse. Employers have absolutely no interest in my MA certification. Don't let your school fool you into believing a MA is the same as a NURSE.

lovelylittlelifeofmine in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

58 months ago

Joanni Brooks in Cartersville, Georgia said: Everist Institute is a good school it does cost around 13000 but what you do is they apply for you a grant and then the rest is put on a school loan you dont haveto worry about good credit or anything like that. The payments are about 62.00 a month if you can afford that. It takes 8 months and you can go to school either nights or days. The tuition cost of a total of 13000 but also includes all books and uniform and lab coat.. you take theory class,computer class that includes typing and clinical.. ont worry about typing skills you learn as you go.Hope this helped you good luck with your career

Bull crap, Everest is a for profit school that charges a ton more to attend and uses up a persons educational cap for federal aid. What would cost a person less than a $1000 to get a certificate in medical assisting at their local community college would cost 10,000 through Everest. Everest is also a 90/10 school in which federal funding will only pay 90% the rest is out of your pocket. But don't worry they will suggest you use Genesis lending which will steal you blind too. Oh, by the way, currently as of October 2010 Everest is being investigated by the Floridas Attorney Genereal due to the number of fraud complaints amongst other numerous complaints. Oh, another thing, Everest is owned by Corinthian Colleges Inc, whish is currently being sued by their investors from the west to the east coast. Everest recruiters will lie and deceive people into attending their online disaster by playing on their inexperience and little knowledge of what it is really about, the money not the student. They could care less about their students! Oh, and another thing......check for the type of accredidation and google what is the best type of accredidation a school should have then read......Everest is nationaly accredited. Sounds good but really isnt.

lovelylittlelifeofmine in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

58 months ago

lovelylittlelifeofmine in Grosse Pointe, Michigan said: Bull crap, Everest is a for profit school that charges a ton more to attend and uses up a persons educational cap for federal aid. What would cost a person less than a $1000 to get a certificate in medical assisting at their local community college would cost 10,000 through Everest. Everest is also a 90/10 school in which federal funding will only pay 90% the rest is out of your pocket. But don't worry they will suggest you use Genesis lending which will steal you blind too. Oh, by the way, currently as of October 2010 Everest is being investigated by the Floridas Attorney Genereal due to the number of fraud complaints amongst other numerous complaints. Oh, another thing, Everest is owned by Corinthian Colleges Inc, whish is currently being sued by their investors from the west to the east coast. Everest recruiters will lie and deceive people into attending their online disaster by playing on their inexperience and little knowledge of what it is really about, the money not the student. They could care less about their students! Oh, and another thing......check for the type of accredidation and google what is the best type of accredidation a school should have then read......Everest is nationaly accredited. Sounds good but really isnt.

Don't get me started on Everest.....www.elearners.com/guide/online-colleges-universities-and-schools/regional-accreditation-vs-national-accreditation/
The above link tells you about accreditation. Basically, if you take classes with Everest or any other for profit school you will have to finish there because universities such as Harvard, Georgia State, University of Michigan (you get the picture)do not consider those colleges to be up to standard and your credits will not transfer...they don't recognize those colleges. It would be cheaper to attend a local college. Google "Everest horror stories Complaints against Everst, Lawsuits against Everest" &so on!

N in Arlington Heights, Illinois

58 months ago

I just finish school for Medical Assistant. I stiil need to pass my National Exam. And I agree it is very hard to find Medical Assistant job right now. Everybody wants experince. But whwre we can take experince if nobody want to give us a chance. And my school try to put peole for Home caregiver job. Not Medical Assitant. But we finish school for Medical Asistant.

Lina in Grovetown, Georgia

57 months ago

Brenda in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: I been searching for work for Medical Assistant for the last 6 months and I went to interview but they all was staffing agencies. They all told me the same thing everytime I call to ask if any job available they say the havent find anything yet. Could someone please tell what am doing wrong I filed out so much application online also and no response. If anyone out have any opinion and job offers please contact at the email address and let me know what to do. Thank You.

I'm am too. I moved out to augusta ga three months ago, I just graduated Sep 2010 with my healthcare reimbursemtn degree, and 06 medical receptionist certificate. Had no luck yet; every morning i'm up on my cpu faxing and calling, still no luck. Only people calling is temp agencies. If anyone have any advise please share i'm willing to listen. please email me

Gabriel in Stockbridge, Georgia

55 months ago

m m in Decatur, Georgia said: I am very discourage, I think i made a bad decision in deciding to become a medical assistant. I thought am going to school to make something good with my life and i felt really good about it,but now that i have completed school externship,dropping resume at different doctor offices and surfing the internet looking for job its disappointing. Everybody is asking for experience, but how can one get experience without even being given the chance. will someone from the healthcare help us under this? Or maybe the school should stop offering this program so we wont have to pay back loan for nothing.

When I had gone to school for medical assistant back in 2005 in New York City, there were plenty of jobs. But, what I had done is I kept researching the job market from the time I had started until I had graduated. People do not let any counselor sell you bag of b.s, for real. Their job is to fullfill the quota for the institution, it is your job and your job only to take the time. To research on job websites to see if the field is currently in demand in your area and/or in the area you plan to relocate to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Dublin, Ohio

54 months ago

I graduated in October 2010 with HONORS with an Associates in Applied Business in Medical Assisting,and Phlebotomy and 4 individual certifications in Advanced / Healthcare CPR,First Aid & Emergency Care,Bloodborne Pathogens,& Automated External Defibrillation. My Externship was a 320 hour hands on experience that was great except it has been nothing more than a dead end. I want to turn my credentials into a CMA except I don't want to spend the money when all I have been getting are many interviews some places interview you 2 or 3 times and play this game with you only not to hire anyone or hire someone back that left and wants to returnto thier office. I have enven applied at Urgent Care facilities and all the area Hospitals. Only to find out these places will hire an STNA or CNA OMG what is this?Over an MA! Or like so many of you they want 2 years or more experience. I have spent alot of time, money and an extreme amount of HOPE and confidence that I will get a job soon.My advice to anyone sonography or X-Ray Tech. and DON'T do Excellerated cources.GOOD LUCK in your job search EVERYONE!

Mimi in Manvel, Texas

52 months ago

After reading all of these comments on this blog, I'm very discouraged... I wanted to be a medical assistant to work with and help people, and because I was under the impression that medical assisting was a growing field. I should've known, or at least suspected, that any field, be it medical assisting or engineering, couldn't continue to grow this much. Doctors and hospitals have some turn around, so all hope isn't lost. To EVERYONE, please don't lose faith. This hardship may be a sign that this isn't the field you or I need to be in, or maybe we need to go back and work harder to achieve better credentials? Whatever happens, know that it will work out alright in the end. Keep your spirit up, anyone who reads this, and know that you're in my thoughts...

kathy in Waterbury, Connecticut

52 months ago

I wish I knew the answer I have out there and looking for one year and now luck
? Did you pass your boards\.

Annonymous in Des Moines, Iowa

51 months ago

I am a Certified Medical Assistant in Iowa and I to have been looking for a CMA for the last 8 mths straight and I have'nt had any luck, 21 thousand dallars in dept and can't find one damn CMA job. I do know of a few girls that got hired right after externship and I seriously do not understand it. I am actually regretting even going to college and believe me I will never step foot into another.

JettingtoMars in US

51 months ago

Annonymous in Des Moines, Iowa said: I am a Certified Medical Assistant in Iowa and I to have been looking for a CMA for the last 8 mths straight and I have'nt had any luck, 21 thousand dallars in dept and can't find one damn CMA job. I do know of a few girls that got hired right after externship and I seriously do not understand it. I am actually regretting even going to college and believe me I will never step foot into another.

That's like a lot of people across the country. I know people who have went thru that and have nothing. They signed up though for the type of schools that say, go to school for a year, and then have the career. Promises promises all lies. No school can guarantee you a job, they can only guarantee u a more promising future. Aside from the school, you also need a clean nice organized resume, application and such.

51 months ago

Annonymous in Des Moines, Iowa said: I am a Certified Medical Assistant in Iowa and I to have been looking for a CMA for the last 8 mths straight and I have'nt had any luck, 21 thousand dallars in dept and can't find one damn CMA job. I do know of a few girls that got hired right after externship and I seriously do not understand it. I am actually regretting even going to college and believe me I will never step foot into another.

I have also applied with temp agencies and they all ended up sending me a letter back saying that they can not help me, but when I went and applied with these places they told me that they can't help me find a CMA job.

51 months ago

could help. sorry!

lina

51 months ago

Same here! 22 thousand in debt, been looking for work 9 months straight. I received my health care reimbursement degree and still no luck. Now that my schools started I'm having trouble paying with no job so my interest is building up. I wish I could just give the degree back so I could stop being charged. I even went back to babysitting and because that degree on my resume that's hard. GA is a hard state to find work, nice place but hard to find work. I'm so ready to pack up and leave GA.

David Feickert in Tonawanda, New York

51 months ago

I receved my associates degree in 2008 and I have been strrugling since then and I am certified as a medical assistant also and its very frustrating when jobs expect you to have at least two years experence or more and the college states they have life time placement znd when you go tyo them for help there like oh that feild is having a dry spell and jobs are hard to come by in that feild and its like great and I have put my resume and cover letter on career bulider,wnyjobs,yahoohotjobs,monster.com,indded.com,and the local hosptials kelida health and calthoic heatlth.

liz in Dublin, Ohio

49 months ago

Tierra KCMO in Kansas City, Missouri said: I live in Kansas City, MO AND JUST GOT OUT OF SCHOOL LAST OCT. NO LUCK I HAVE MY LICENCE I HAVE BEEN WITH THE SAME JOB FOR 5 YRS STRONG THEY STILL WONT GIVE ME A CHANCE I DONT GET IT.. THEY WILL HIRE PEOPLE WHO MOVE FROM JOB TO JOB WITHIN 6 MONTHS.. I GET SO UPSET AT TIMES.. ALL I CAN DO IS KEEP ON GOING.. :)

i know the feeling girl. Have you found one yet

TP722 in Tampa, Florida

47 months ago

Hello all,

From reading these forums I am getting nervous about applying to Medical assisting school.
In a couple months, I will be graduating with my BS in Health Science but immediately enrolling into a Medical assisting diploma [or associates degree] program in Augusta, GA. The associates degree sounds nice since about 3 quarters of work should transfer over from my bachelors but this school is private [ACICS accredited]..and not CAAHEP or ASBES, so I'm thinking about doing the diploma program which is so I can become a CMA later. My only concern is finding a job afterwards as well. I've recently decided that I want to get my Masters at a PA school and you need medical/healthcare experience before enrolling. Volunteering hours work for all schools, but some require paid work, and medical assisting was one of the recommended pre-req careers.

My other question is [particularly for those with AS in MA], will my Bachelors help me with employment if I do not decide to get the Associates, because why spend more money (though I should get military benefits) and time if there's no guarantee I'd get a job? I also currently have office/clerical work experience.

SLW257 in Auburn, Georgia

46 months ago

I have been a Medical Assistant since 2009 and Certified Phlebotomist since 2011 and I have yet to land a job for either one. I completed my externship and wasn't hired. I have filled in for an employee (medical assistant)that was on maternity leave, but once that employee returned back to work...it was back to square one for me - NO JOB. I have tried to volunteer at local physician offices, hospitals and they all told me the same thing.."They can't let me volunteer because of insurance liabilities”. I have even tried to volunteer at Red Cross for the phlebotomy and they told me the same thing. I think it's a crying shame if Red Cross won't even let you volunteer. I thought that's what they were there for. I have just about given up on the healthcare field altogether. I have been on several interviews...just not landing the job. I am so sick and tired of having the doors slammed in my face. I don't want to discourage anyone else, but I think going to school for MA was just a waste of time, well a waste of my time anyway. I hope the next person’s luck is better than mine.

looking forever in Glendale, Arizona

46 months ago

SLW257 in Auburn, Georgia said: I have been a Medical Assistant since 2009 and Certified Phlebotomist since 2011 and I have yet to land a job for either one. I completed my externship and wasn't hired. I have filled in for an employee (medical assistant)that was on maternity leave, but once that employee returned back to work...it was back to square one for me - NO JOB. I have tried to volunteer at local physician offices, hospitals and they all told me the same thing.."They can't let me volunteer because of insurance liabilities”. I have even tried to volunteer at Red Cross for the phlebotomy and they told me the same thing. I think it's a crying shame if Red Cross won't even let you volunteer. I thought that's what they were there for. I have just about given up on the healthcare field altogether. I have been on several interviews...just not landing the job. I am so sick and tired of having the doors slammed in my face. I don't want to discourage anyone else, but I think going to school for MA was just a waste of time, well a waste of my time anyway. I hope the next person’s luck is better than mine.

I'm in the same way too. I graduated Oct. 2010 and I doubted. It's a waste of time and money. Now my student loan keeps accruing. I've been applying online, job hunting and now I'm thinking of volunteering, but I don't know if this is a good idea it will cost me for a gas and time.

SLW257 in Auburn, Georgia

46 months ago

looking forever in Glendale, Arizona said: I'm in the same way too. I graduated Oct. 2010 and I doubted. It's a waste of time and money. Now my student loan keeps accruing. I've been applying online, job hunting and now I'm thinking of volunteering, but I don't know if this is a good idea it will cost me for a gas and time.

@looking forever in Glendale Arizona: The only good thing about it was, I had financial aid and didn't have to come directly out of pocket for the MA program, but for the ones such as yourself that had to come out of pocket and obtain student loans; I sympathize for you. Not being able to get a job and then having the loans to worry about is really tough. I hope things work out for you. I haven't given up completely, but it sure looks as though I'm headed that way. I interviewed for a position Thursday, so I'm still waiting to hear something. I have my fingers crossed and hope you have some luck soon too.

Mimi in Flint, Texas

46 months ago

I graduated February 2011 and just recently got a job! ...at a walmart. I went the Houston Job Fair thinking there would be a lot of positions, but it was a complete waste of time and gas... everybody with a booth there said they weren't hiring MAs, only RNs and phlebotomists... I am extremely dissapointed. I have a friend who's an MA and she was hired on at her extern site, but that was 2 years ago. I guess that job market was different back then. It sucks because now that I'm having to pay my student loans and I'm making minimum wage at walmart I can't really make any money to help my husband with bills. We're in a debt lock until I find a better paying job or he gets a raise/promotion. It makes me want to scream, I'm so frustrated! It makes me especially mad because when I got into school we started talking about having a baby when our financial situation got better, and I desperately want to have a baby... I don't know if it will be possible now....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Decatur, Georgia

44 months ago

I'm umemploy, i'm a single mother, who been putting in applications every, I really need help, i need a job as a medical assistant... I need some referrals please

Matt NCMA in Layton, Utah

44 months ago

Marie in Decatur, Georgia said: I'm umemploy, i'm a single mother, who been putting in applications every, I really need help, i need a job as a medical assistant... I need some referrals please

Hi there, Take a look at your post. Proper grammar will go a long way.

jillian in Lowell, Massachusetts

44 months ago

naz in Los Angeles, California said: i live in southern ca looking for medical assistant job for 6 months i am certified and also have cpt 1 license but no luck// i think i am gonna quit now
because i cant waste time calling offices and sending resumes out this is worst field..pls dont go to school for medical assitant unless you want waste money.....no body will hire you because they ask for 3 year experince or want to work for free like i am doing..working for free just for experincee..

SO TRUE!!! MEdical I went to MEdical Assistant school in 2006 and they LIE! they say you will start at $15 and no one wants LPNs anymore..they all want MA'S...Its a LIE! There are no jobs unless you speak 2 languages and have like 10 years in the field and know someone....

Matt, NCMA in Frisco, Texas

44 months ago

jillian in Lowell, Massachusetts said: SO TRUE!!! MEdical I went to MEdical Assistant school in 2006 and they LIE! they say you will start at $15 and no one wants LPNs anymore..they all want MA'S...Its a LIE! There are no jobs unless you speak 2 languages and have like 10 years in the field and know someone....

Hi there, You just can't give up. There are jobs out there, you need to keep applying, and before yu know you'll have a good job. You must must also relize that times are tough right now and any MA job you get, you should keep it. You'll gain a lot of experience and after a year or two, then you can go and look for another job. I know that most places will not pay $15.00 per hour unless you have experience. If a person has the wrong attitude when applying for any kind of job, they will not find one. I hoped that helped, and good luck to you.

MA with experience no job in Glendale, Arizona

44 months ago

Mandy_lou in Texas said: I was thinking about Medical Assistant, but was considering an online school. Have any of you taken online classes?

Hi Dear. How are you? Did you take an MA class?

Matt, NCMA in Ogden, Utah

44 months ago

Hi there, Yes I went school to become a Medical Assistant. I earned my Medical Assisting Diploma, and mt Associates Degree. I work two Medical Assisting jobs. I enjoy and love what I do. It took alot of hardwork,but I never gave up...

MA with experience no job in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

fhoneycutt in New Baltimore, Michigan said: I understand totally with the fraustrations of applying for positions as a MA. I have been for the last week and I have not gotten not one call but as always I know sometimes you can apply to companies and they may not call you back for weeks or even months at times. I agree with New Grad Working about the externship, she sounds exactly like me. I got letters of recommendations from 2 doctors and the office manager. My externship was awesome, I got hired but I don't know what happen they go through a temp guy and I guess he did not want to hire me for some odd reason I was never really given an explanation. I have been getting a little discouraged but I am not giving up I will make envolops with a cover letter, resume, copies of my letter of recommendations, and references to drop off at places if I have to. lol Job hunting in general is exhausting and fraustrated especially when you don't see results right away but don't GIVE UP![/QUOT

Hi there. How are you? Same way with me. I got hired right after my externship but as a temp. The Doctors office that I worked with starting to recruit more MAs students they likes student. Few months later they let me go. There are more MAs students now a days but looking for a job is very very tough job. I did my job hunting for 2 months. Being jobless for almost 2 years is not fun at all. I already tried to pay a professional to remake my resume and cover letter but still nothing's happen.
I am so worried of my student loan every day because my unsub loan keeps accruing. I don't know what I'm going to do right now. I doubted I shouldn't take this class.

Kellie in Acworth GA in Marietta, Georgia

44 months ago

WARNING DO NOT TAKE Medical office assisting at KSU cont ed. A gal who is a head hunter said " how do these people sleep at night' she referred to all schools and WIA programs are wasting money on certain classes that an overflow of people have signed up and took these classes in last 3 years AND ONLY 3% will get Jobs.Due to a bad economy most Office and hospitals are just hiring staff with experience from other offices etc so all its turning into is Job Trading like a circle and its hard to get in. Also many medical assistants are hired to do the office work so they is little chance for medical office assistant to get in. Also WIA IS WASTING money even though the market says Medical is the way to go esp in 8 years we will have an overflow of baby boomers that all demand way too much experience yet may not pay for that experience. A few head hunters in Atlanta told me they are not even allowed to help anyone who is an intern with medical they were told help those with 1 year experience to get a job. ALSO another School warned me that legal assisting has less a demand because of the internet, more research can be done by the net now where 10 years ago you would hire several legal assistant to go to record rooms etc to dig information. Also the school above does not teach you anything to use PC related and their competition is going to start a better class where you will learn the new tech that most office will use and you will get records expert in and they are working with NHA. This upset me me I may have wasted 1,700 and to get in may have to take CNA, then Phlebotomy. My unemployment runs out this June. but I apply to 10 jobs a week in medical, dental vet, get no where like many of you posted. Then when I go out of my field I get 2 or 3 interviews a month.

44 months ago

WARNING DO NOT TAKE Medical office assisting at KSU cont ed. A gal who is a head hunter said " how do these people sleep at night' She referred to all schools and WIA programs are wasting money on certain classes that an overflow of people have signed up taking took these classes in last 3 years, AND ONLY 3% will get Jobs.Due to a bad economy most offices and hospitals are just hiring staff with experience from other offices etc so all its turning into is job Trading like a circle and its hard to get in. Also many medical assistants are hired to do the office work so they is little chance for medical office assistants to get in. Also WIA IS WASTING money even though the market says Medical is the way to go. In 8 years we will have an overflow of baby boomers right now all demand way too much experience yet may not pay for that experience. A few head hunters in Atlanta told me they are not even allowed to help anyone who is an intern with medical they were told help those with 1 year experience to get a job. ALSO another School warned me that legal assisting has less a demand because of the internet, more research can be done by the net now where 10 years ago you would hire several legal assistants to go to record rooms etc to dig information. Also the school above does not teach you anything to use PC related and their competition is going to start a better class where you will learn the new tech that most offices will use and you will get records expert in, they are working with NHA. This upset me me I may have wasted 1,700 and to get in and may have to take CNA, then Phlebotomy. My unemployment runs out this June. But I apply to 10 jobs a week in medical, dental vet, get no where like many of you posted. Then when I go out of my field I get 2 or 3 interviews a month.

MA with experience no job in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

Pibbie in Phoenix, Arizona said: Reading all of these comments.. I'm not to sure if it's a gud idea for

Hi there. How are you?

44 months ago

Well I just had my cry............ I called an assisted living place, I called several they put you on hold no help etc my goal was to call places like that to get in as a CMAA or office work. This gal was very helpful owns a high quality place. She told me that the MARKET IS FLOODED with CNA's right now. Many of them she has let go they took these classes and DO not have the calling only did it to get a job due to the mess this country is in. She said that now RN's are taking LPNS jobs and the lowest nurse job is now taking MA JOBS!! She has never seen the like and 3 yrs ago CNA were hard to find.THAT HER SISTER HAS MOVED FROM GA TO GET A JOB AS AN CNA and phlebotomist in TN and in 2 weeks had 3 interviews. GA HAS NO JOBS DO NOT MOVE HERE so many came from NC and SC and 2 years cannot find a job. When you see these jobs I Was told as many as 50 to over 300 apply for one medical job and many are just trying to move up. I rather tell what I hear yes it breaks my heart too.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.