can medical assistants start off at least $15/hr?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Moneyblac in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

i just enrolled into this school to be a medical assistant.i did some researches on the internet and it's sited that say MA's make $29,000 on the average which is like 13/hr.i don't know if thats true or not.right now i'm a janitor at at hospital and i'm only making $9/hr which is crap.my whole purpose of going to school is to get out of this janitor stuff and get me a job that pays real money.i have experiance of being a MA,but when i graduate school i want to start off making at least $30,000 and within a few years make around $40,000.if thats not going to happen then i don't want to be in this field.can MA's make alot of money? by the way i live in texas and may consider moving to another state if no hospitals,clinics or whatever in texas don't pay MA'S that good or i might just withdraw from this major and switch to another one that pays better.

if i become an MA and i can make enough money to by me a big luxury house and a brand new mercedes benz i'll be satisfied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Porter, Texas

44 months ago

Is this a joke? Save your time and money if you want to become a medical assistant to make good money... Try salary.com to search for medical assistant incomes in your area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.