i can't find i job as medical assisntat help please

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 76 of 76)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Mahesh in Irving, Texas

32 months ago

Driojas in Arlington, Texas said: I'm an employer and our office is currently looking for an MA to fill an empty position. It's in Arlington, TX so if you have experience or just have your externship but you're good with computers and learn quick, then by all means please respond and I'll direct you the number to fax your resume at.

Hello,

I am a Certified Medical Assistant and I am desperately looking for a job. I have just graduated and have only externship experience. Can you please help me.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sabrina in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

31 months ago

I'm looking for a Medical Assistant Job in Columbus ... It can be a doctor office or hosp... Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ErinHilburger in Puyallup, Washington

30 months ago

I graduated from Clover Park Technical College with my certificate in Medical Assisting in 2012. I got certified in December 2013. I am only receiving rejection letters. I DESPERATELY want a medical assistant job. If anyone is hiring please give me a chance! I am a hard worker, dependable, I take initiative, and I am a quick learner. Please give me a chance!

hey in Oakland, California

30 months ago

Priscila in Modesto, California said: I really nervous after reading this..
I'm going to be graduating this October from Kaplan College
and I'm afraid not to be able to find a job either.
I stat externship this August.

be more positive. therz a boatload of pepes goin through it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Priscila in Modesto, California said: I really nervous after reading this..
I'm going to be graduating this October from Kaplan College
and I'm afraid not to be able to find a job either.
I stat externship this August.

--

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

be more positive. therz a boatload of pepes goin through it.

Kieantya in Stockton, California

30 months ago

Hi I'm also a graduate with my aas degree in medical assistant I graduated in 2011 and I can't find a job no where I'm Stockton ca I've tried everything it just seems like I can't get a break I graduated top of my class with honors never missed a day in the whole 2 years I was in school I'm so frustrated when I look at my degree all I can do is cry because I put so much work in my school and I'm so disappointed it's not even funny. What kills me is society want you to get off welfare but when you try and do better for yourself society is the one who want give you a chance now all I got is a student loan debt and this really makes me wonder was going back to school a scam. I'm 39 years old and I need a break. I hope I don't push nobody button with this next this next comment but I feel if these doctors offices would start testing for drugs more often then jobs will be available. I know somebody who smokes weed and got a job working at a hospital with babies I'm like are you serious. I hope nobody take this the wrong way I was all ways taught you have a right to your opinions. and opinions is like a a** hole everybody got one and I have a right to mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shanciera44 in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

Hi there,

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a job in the health field, however I came across Advocate Health Care website and they are hiring medical assistants and other jobs in the medical field. Check out jobs.advocatehealth.com Hope this helps.

Good luck!

ShanCiera

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joyfed in SEEKONK, Massachusetts

28 months ago

I have been in the medical field for 5 years. I started out within a major hospital in Rhode Island within a clinical grant program involving participants in HIV study extracting pertinent info for the study as well as extracting patient visits and applying them to the data base. I updated medical records involving printing and comparing all paper records and completing all documentation needed for review. From there I stayed within the same hospital industry and jibed on board as a Licensed Certified Medical Assistant which encompassed monitoring vitals, EKG's, telemetry and the lie for 4 years. I enjoyed the clinical on hands so much I graduated with an Associate in Science as a medical assistant, and waiting to take the CMA and RMA certification. I cannot find a job. I have been on many interviews and at this point I do not know where to turn. If anyone in or near the Rhode island- Massachusetts area have any leads please send me some information or please contact me if you are interested. I have also had extensive past education in coding. Thanks everyone!

Melissa W in Encinitas, California

22 months ago

Hi everyone :) I just wanted to let everyone know that it can be done, I graduated from MA school over 2 years ago, and worked my hardest to find a job. I even tried to volunteer at offices for free so I could get something on my resume to no avail. However I have just been hired as a part time front office/ receptionist at a doctor's office.

I had almost given up, I just kept submitting my resume, and finally I have a foot in the door. I really want to work in the back office though, but will keep submitting my resume.

So don't give up!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona

22 months ago

Dawn in Lebanon, Pennsylvania said: Going to MA school was the WORST mistake of my life, I have 3 (COUNT 'EM THREE) years of experience, and I am certified, all I've ever been able to get is P/T jobs. I try to find full time now and there is nothing! NOT EVEN PART TIME! If you want to be a MA or just graduated, I suggest you switch careers!

I see people post like you did, and explain things, and yet you see post after post about someone "announcing" how they are going to school for this. Don't they understand that a lot of fields are glutted with too many students? Do they really think they will beat the odds? I imagine some people do, but many don't.
Like one person above remarked how they went back to school for this and will now make what they made in their previous career.
People need to listen to what others are saying. That is really great feedback and very worthwhile information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa W in Encinitas, California

22 months ago

xboxer in Tucson, Arizona said: I see people post like you did, and explain things, and yet you see post after post about someone "announcing" how they are going to school for this. Don't they understand that a lot of fields are glutted with too many students? Do they really think they will beat the odds? I imagine some people do, but many don't.
Like one person above remarked how they went back to school for this and will now make what they made in their previous career.
People need to listen to what others are saying. That is really great feedback and very worthwhile information.

I think you are right there way too many people going to school to become MAs. I think that people should do more research before diving into something.

I however kept my course, and will continue to since my goal is to apply to PA school, which I need patient care hours for. However I think that the difficulties in finding work is universal. My friend graduated with her Masters in Zoology a few years back. She never found a job that utilized that degree, instead she is working as a manager at Petco. Another friend of mine has a Masters in Child Development and is working as a leasing agent for $13 an hr. The same pay and title I held without a degree. I could go on and on, but the thing is people go to school for things that take years like my friends case 8 long years, and are not finding jobs. At least we spent only 6mths ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

KAT in Arlington, Texas said: Try getting your Nursing Assistant certification. This can open up some entry level jobs for you. It may not be your first choice, but at least you can work and get some practical experience

Are you kidding a Nursing assistant license, that is so beneath an MA, maybe there are no jobs in your state, after all this is still a bad economy. A Nursing assistant does nothing but clean adult fecal matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Bonita in Tijuana, Mexico said: [Quote who = "jessi en la providencia / Pawtucket, Rhode Island"] Acabo de Recién Graduados Como Asistente Médico UNOS hace Meses No Puedo encontrar la ONU Trabajo Que Siempre Quieren Asistentes Médicos solitario Experiencia Con mi Porque me Queda Externado iam experiece Muy Molesto ELLOS no OPORTUNIDAD DE HACER dan El Trabajo Sólo debe uno Que No Tienen Experiencia necesito Trabajar "antes" lo quiero Porque Posible Con continuar la mi Tengo Que Pagar Educación mis Préstamos de vuelta si ALGUIEN SABE DE UN Asistente Médico / Puesto de recepcionista Por favor hágamelo sable [/ quote ]

En la misma situacion ESTAMOS Todos a Los Que nep lavaron El cerebro ENTRAR párr un contexto Estudiar La Promesa de Trabajo, nos crearon solas Una Deuda Mucho Más Que un grande de Las ya teniamos. Pero habemos suerte Mucho Que No Meses solitario liebre sí graduaron de Médicos Asistente, sinografías Años ..

Fiist I see pawtucket ri then I see mexico, you have a problem with the english language, guess you came here for a free ride, what a looser you are. speak F.......ing english.. stop bitching

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Garcia in United Kingdom

20 months ago

I just confirmed with my bank this morning that 20,000 was transferred to my bank account from MORGAN FINANCIALS where I applied for a loan and so am asking you all in need of loan to apply via their email janemorganfinancials@financier.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Exhausted Search in San Leandro, California

20 months ago

Medical practices are to discriminating for the wrong reason, such as another poster said someone gets high but has a job working with children. I wouldn't want a high person working with my sick child and that MA needs to be reported. Yeah marijuana may so called legal in some areas, but it's not legal to use and go to work.

It's hard I graduated in 2011 as a MA and then I went on to become Certified nationally and I also have additional Phlebotomy training and lots of background experience as a CNA and training and other schooling. Jobs only want to give you a chance if they like you period, or who you know.

I finally got a temp gig this year worked off and on most 2014 for them but I haven't been hired on. Now I'm not working because they finally found a permanent person, I came on though because the interviewer actually seemed to like me and we had a vibe going. Even though with my experience and training I really don't feel that was the bulk of why she hires. The girl she hired for the position was very young and perky and didn't stay with the company but a couple of months leaving the position open again and I was called back to temp. I'm actually in the process of applying for the position doesn't mean I'll get it (but hay who knows)

I say don't give up you never know what will happen, but in the between time apply for other jobs that's what I did I can't just wait for a MA job, the employers want you to do a ton of duties that's in your scope of practice and out of your practice.

If I actually get this job they want me to essentially be doing work that officially requires 4 people but could get away with 2 people. The up part is I will be working and the company has lots of perks and additional education offered, after talking to the office manager I realize most of them want you to do their work and that's the problem with there being so many duties. But that's just seem to be how it is no matter where I search.

20 months ago

I have my MA certificate, Certified by the State of California as a MA, CPR and first aid and continuing education classes and attending community college for my associate degree. What more do these employers want, I also have years of work experience under my belt but no takers it's just exhausting beyond words searching for a job. Then you look up and people get the jobs you want who don't really want to work or they just work for a moment and quit.

Best of luck to everyone all I can say is persevere and don't take out anymore loans for school, I don't see how it can be worth it when we can't even land jobs. There are some companies who happen to pay for education, so if you luck up on a big company as a MA take advantage of it if it's offered.

20 months ago

JOYFED in SEEKONK, Massachusetts said: Are you kidding a Nursing assistant license, that is so beneath an MA, maybe there are no jobs in your state, after all this is still a bad economy. A Nursing assistant does nothing but clean adult fecal matter.

Wow that's rude they do more than that, I'm a CCMA now but I worked as a CNA for longer than I care to state and I did more than that. Yes bathing and assisting with bodily functions is part of the job (someone has to do it, but why make it sound so degrading?) I took vital signs, bp, temp, weight, height, charted, fed patients and passed out meal trays picked them up as well, made beds, brushed teeth, gave showers, baths, bed baths, assisted nurses with wound care and other treatments, checked blood sugars, attended staff meetings on patient care, monitored ekg monitors when I worked sub acute center, drained foley bags, measured patients intake and output of liquids, reported if pt had irregular bowel or bowel habits, reported any patient care problems to nurses, observed my patients or residents for signs of distress such as heart attacks or blood sugar problems, reminded in home patients to take meds when I worked in home, cooked meals, cleaned house, drove to dr. appointments, did laundry these are as a in home CNA/HHA. The list goes on and on for all the duties I performed as a CNA I was even companion, conversationalist because most of all that's what they want and need. The list goes on and on I know I forgot something, so you may feel the job is what you listed only but it's so much more than that and should be appreciated because it's not something everyone wants to do or will do. Much respect to the good CNA' and I've come across many.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Exhausted Search in San Leandro, California said: Wow that's rude they do more than that, I'm a CCMA now but I worked as a CNA for longer than I care to state and I did more than that. Yes bathing and assisting with bodily functions is part of the job (someone has to do it, but why make it sound so degrading?) I took vital signs, bp, temp, weight, height, charted, fed patients and passed out meal trays picked them up as well, made beds, brushed teeth, gave showers, baths, bed baths, assisted nurses with wound care and other treatments, checked blood sugars, attended staff meetings on patient care, monitored ekg monitors when I worked sub acute center, drained foley bags, measured patients intake and output of liquids, reported if pt had irregular bowel or bowel habits, reported any patient care problems to nurses, observed my patients or residents for signs of distress such as heart attacks or blood sugar problems, reminded in home patients to take meds when I worked in home, cooked meals, cleaned house, drove to dr. appointments, did laundry these are as a in home CNA/HHA. The list goes on and on for all the duties I performed as a CNA I was even companion, conversationalist because most of all that's what they want and need. The list goes on and on I know I forgot something, so you may feel the job is what you listed only but it's so much more than that and should be appreciated because it's not something everyone wants to do or will do. Much respect to the good CNA' and I've come across many.

And the CNA is not beneath a MA it's just in a different arena of pt care where the needs are completely different from what a MA provides. One no better than the other, just different. And depending on where you live some jobs are easier to get than others, here where I live the CNA jobs are much easier to get than a MA so I say if you can handle to work so for it, because it can be back breaking with all the entailed duties and lifting required.

20 months ago

I meant to say go for it, that's the one downfall for a CNA that you have to lift pts. from wc to bed and vice versa and even though they have lifts it's not always available for your pt and you must physically lift the pt by yourself or with someone even though it's suppose to be with someone I've been in the situation to have no help. So just be careful which ever position you chose, both have things that not choice or good just saying. I've lifted 30 lbs boxes of medical supplies consistently and that can hurt your back you lift or twist the wrong way. And also boses who want you to do more than your job who will wear you down no matter which position you choose. I don't view any position as glamorous, there both necessary and needed helper/caregiver jobs and they can both be tedious no matter the differences. So choose wisely.

20 months ago

Thelma Freeman in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I've gratuated in 1998 and still have not presuited my career as a medical assistant i feel as though i rush thur the course and not enough teachers there now i have a loan to pay back and my skills are there but it been so long now i'm in retail that was not the plan can someone help do i need more skills i grauatedd from camelot career college if a job is available contact me thur email

It's been so long since you completed school that you would need to attend another MA program or luck up and find an employer who is willing to hire and train you, a few exist but hardly any. I would take continuing education classes and buy and MA book or just refresh online if you're interested in getting into the field seriously now. I don't think it's worth a cash investment as in paying for a program now as in it's so hard to get hired almost impossible. If my previous job hadn't paid for my school I wouldn't have never became an MA.

Good LUck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Massage25 in Moline, Illinois said: I am not sure where you are but there are some medical assistant jobs out there. Probably not nearly as many as they promise when you are in school. However, they are out there and you will find them if you look carefully enough. I live in the quad cities, Iowa. I graduated as a CMA in 2007. Our program was only 7 months. They too promised jobs and high paying ones too. It took me 8 months and after mailing resumes to 40 medical facilities around the area I finally found one!! It was great experience. I started off @ 9.50 and was upto 15.25 after 3.5 years before leaving. I have since graduated from massage school and work at a chiropractors office as a LMT. Also there are positions available in chiro offices for CMA's.... Now I am in school to get my RN. If you want less schooling then I would suggest CMA but if your are going to school for 2 years for a CMA thats just crazy.... get your RN instead. they start off at $20-24 I live.

Your experience was in 07 those seven years make a big difference in how things are going for MA's and also where you live makes a difference as well. Just like you said RN make $20-$24 in your state well here in CA they make double that, just saying big differences. I took my MA in 2011 and only got a temp job temping after 3 year, I was working doing other jobs or I would have starved to death.

Schools have turned out to many students plain and simple and employers have the pick of the litter and just leave the rest.

Congrats to you RN school that's great if I was younger had the money and time it's what I would be doing. There is a high need for RN's in CA but not for MA's but those jobs aren't always easy to get either.
I've applied for more jobs than I can count and tested and passed for their MA position to never hear back, just a game. You were more than fortunate to get a position after 8 months and 40 applicantion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

juliacna in Acworth, Georgia

20 months ago

JOYFED in SEEKONK, Massachusetts said: Are you kidding a Nursing assistant license, that is so beneath an MA, maybe there are no jobs in your state, after all this is still a bad economy. A Nursing assistant does nothing but clean adult fecal matter.

Well I hope you never become a nurse because despite having more education than a CNA, a RN still have to wipe butts and pick up poop off the floor. The job description of a CNA was once the only job description of a nurse before professional nursing was discovered. I am a CNA/ Medical Assistant student and I have held a dying patient's hand to comfort him. I saved lives because I reported abnormal findings to the nurse. I am my patient's voice when they are too sick to speak for themselves. CNAs have a vital role in the patient care experience just like MAs do.

Medical assistants jobs are just as important as any healthcare profession out there. No healthcare professional is better than the other. It takes a whole team of professionals to take care of one patient. You shouldn't be in this field if you think like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lojana. in Queens NY in Pawtucket, Rhode Island

20 months ago

Im a medical assist graduated from June 3rd 2012 hve experience an internship and 1 month in a doctor's office I need help to get a job I have loan to pa. If a clinic hiring pkease gimme a email me lojanabegin47@hotmai.com

mpetleski in Charlotte, North Carolina

7 months ago

jen in Sheffield Lake, Ohio said: I GRADUATED FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL IN JUNE OF 2010 . I GET HIRED AFTER MY INTERSHIP AND ONLY WORK FOR 3 MONTHS I HAVE A CO WORKER FROM HELL AND VOLUNTARY QIET , NOW I WANT TO WORK AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND MOST PLACES ASK FOR 1 TO 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE . I HAVE APPLY TO SEVERAL PLACES AND HAVE BEEN TURN DOWN DUE TO LACK OF EXPERIENCE . ANY HINTS PLEASE

Me to and let me guess the school or program you went to said you had to have at least 320 hours or more but no one wants to give you the opportunity to be a medical assistant because they now require or want you to have already 3 years of experience whats the point of going to school when you get crapped on at a young age and you knew what you wanted to do and you planned out your life im sure no one crushed there dreams this is a lazy generation people say but were being smart and know what we want to do that's not fair to us newer generation and the older generation crapping on us and not letting us have the opportunity to work are ass off and to try and get to settle down to have a family and mortgage of are own.

wowpeoplesuck in Smyrna, Georgia

2 months ago

Dayana said: Ms. Linda, thank you for commenting to my comment. Why doe sit always feel like your the only one going through this, when infact there alot of people all around the world going through the same exact thing. It makes you feel alittle better knowing your not alone. I am just trkying to stay positive and hope that soon the economy will get better and that all of us will finally get a job. Or at least a decent one. :)

Im about to finish my CMA degree in a few months but was a certified HHA and preparing for my CNA exam. Point dont pigeon hole yourself. Unfortunately CMAs are obsolete in some States like in Ohio where I started school but there are tons of jobs here in Georgia but I can't afford the certification test wich is very expensive. You're qualified to do other jobs like PCA,HHA,Dietary,Billing and coding or Admin. It all depends on what you want to do. Patient care or paperwork

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.