I cant find a job in my field as a medical assistant and help out there

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 99)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Tina in Atlanta, GA

97 months ago

I need help new from californaia and graduated in 1992 as a medical assistant from Bryman College who owns GMI. Hey sister out there I need you help if possible

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Frankk in Herndon, VA

97 months ago

Hi Tina,

Here are some links which may help.

I guess you've tried the obvious, searching medical assistant jobs in atlanta on indeed:
www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Medical+Assistant&l=atlanta

The American Association of Medical Assistants has some helpful information on their site including a salary and benefits report
www.aama-ntl.org/resources/careercenter/salary_benefits.aspx

The department of labor also puts out a report on the position:
www.bls.gov/oco/ocos164.htm

Are you having trouble locating suitable positions or are you having trouble getting the positions you want?

I hope these links help - good luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Samantha Malone in New Haven, CT

96 months ago

Hi, I would like to get a jobs working in the medical asst field I looked and looked and I just cant find anything please help me i live in Newhaven c.t and my e-mail address is hazle16@netzero.net I look forward to hearing from u thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lakesha Thurman in Atlanta, GA

96 months ago

I need help as well finding a job as a Medical Assistant. I graduated about 6 or 7 months ago and still haven't found a job. I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee and I really need help finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mandeep Kaur in Stockton, CA

96 months ago

Hello Sir/Madam I need help as well as well finding as a Certified Medical Assistant> I graduated at March 25, 2006 and still haven't found a job. I live in San Jose CA. I am really appriciate for your help as finding a job for me.

Thanks
Mandeep kaur

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chivonne in New Haven,CT in Reston, VA

95 months ago

Same problem here. I have graduated from a Medical Assistant program and recived my certification. Its been about two years and I have worked one temp job for one day. Frustrated I no longer know what to do, I fax,fax and email still no response. I even took some refresher classes. I don't know whats wrong, and it seems I may have to give up my dream. I am praying and wish everyone gooood luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

missy in Newburgh, New York

94 months ago

Same here i have been a Medical Assistant for six years having a really hard time finding another job someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

olean hickman in Sumter, South Carolina

94 months ago

Hello Sister,
You may need to do some voluntary work in order to get the experience you need to find the kind of job that you want. I am also a MA and I found work really fast the 1st time I looked for work.This time I am looking again. I hope things go really well for me this time also.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Louvina Smith in Mc Donald, Tennessee

88 months ago

I need help finding a job as a medical assistant in chattanoga.
I graduated from school as a MA but canot find a job becuase I don not have any expreience working in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ayesha Haque in Bronx, New York

87 months ago

I am a Medical assisting student of Monroe College.I am graduate June 8,2007. I am really looking for a job in a Hospital or any Clinic where i can challenge my experience and skills.So, please help me for job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alba Fleming in Hamden, Connecticut

87 months ago

I am a Career Director working with several graduates who are Medical Assistants. It is difficult. It seems the job market is hiring LPNs as Medical (Clinical) Assistants. Most of my graduates have the Secretarial background with the Assistant Training to help them get jobs...But, if you are not willing to do the receptionist portion of the job first (just to get in the door) you will still have difficulty.

You need to highlight your administrative skills in your resume and cover letter. Most facilities need to know you can handle the scheduling, billing, and customer service part of the medical area...more than the clinical. The medical malpractice problems are really putting our medical assistant positions in jeopardy.

Unfortunately I am in CT and cannot assist you in possibilities. Please feel free to contact me again at any time if I can be of assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ayesha Haque in Bronx, New York

87 months ago

Thanks for your reply.I can work on receptionist.I don't mean that i can only work in medical assistant.I am really looking for a job which is related to my major.I also want to improve my skills and experience.So, please if you can help me for my job.

Alba Fleming in Cheshire, Connecticut

87 months ago

You are a great distance from me. I am in Connecticut and mainly in the South Central part of the state. Unless you are relocating to this area, I do not have any contacts in your state. I am sorry. If you are going to be living in CT, please feel free to stay in contact with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alba Fleming in Cheshire, Connecticut

87 months ago

Tina in Atlanta, GA said: I need help new from californaia and graduated in 1992 as a medical assistant from Bryman College who owns GMI. Hey sister out there I need you help if possible

As I told the other forum member, I am in Connecticut and am not able to help you in another state. I can give advise, but cannot assist in placement because of your location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emmanuel in Curepipe, Mauritius

85 months ago

We are looking for partners for our company based in Mauritius and covering the Seychelles.Our name is Medicassistance International and if ever you are interested send me an email at medicassistance@hotmail.com

Joaquin in New York, New York

84 months ago

If you are still looking, reply to this ASAP, I am in westchester county.

Ayesha Haque in Bronx, New York said: I am a Medical assisting student of Monroe College.I am graduate June 8,2007. I am really looking for a job in a Hospital or any Clinic where i can challenge my experience and skills.So, please help me for job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen

84 months ago

Hi I'm a MA who graduated on 2004, but I stayed at home raising my son. Now, my son is in school full time and I want to work on the field, but I have no experience and is very hard to get a job. If anyone can help I'll appreciate it.
Thanks,
Karen (Chicopee, MA)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sabrina brown in Knoxville, Tennessee

83 months ago

I finished my schooling in May 2007 and still can't find a job.the tell me I have to have a state license by law to work in a clinic.I paid 12,000 to go to school and it seems like I did it for nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Guide

sabrina brown in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I finished my schooling in May 2007 and still can't find a job.the tell me I have to have a state license by law to work in a clinic.I paid 12,000 to go to school and it seems like I did it for nothing.

Who told you that you needed a "state license" to work as a MA? This is not a field that requires licensure,you can only be certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alba Fleming in New Haven, Connecticut

83 months ago

What state are you located in? The state license is a good thing to have. It opens up opportunities to several facilities in the medical field. Did you do an externship? If not, I would suggest you do that right away. No, you don't get paid in money, but the experience gives you more foundation when job hunting. 42% of my students that graduate with an externship completed are hired directly by the facility they did the externship hours. Offer your help to a facility as an intern or extern (even if it's just for a two or three week period). This will allow them to see your work, your skills and if you're good...maybe even hire you or write you a recommendation to another facility.

Good Luck

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Guide

Tell me what you are referring to about a "state license". MAs do not get licensed in anything.

Alba Fleming in Hamden, Connecticut

83 months ago

The original person who asked the question talked about state licenses. I am not sure what she was referring to other than the certification test that CT MAs get. Most medical facilities will not hire MAs without them passing the certification test. She might have been referring to something like that.

LOC in Brooklyn, New York

83 months ago

High school diploma or equivalent is required - Certification Preferred - Experience is required A minimum of 1 year experience as LPN or Medical Assistant is required. he role of a clinic medical assistant is to provide quality patient care by assisting the physician(s) with patient examinations and treatments. Qualifications include a graduate of an accredited LPN and/or medical assistant program and current CPR certification is required. Prior experience is preferred.

Important Notes Please be sure to mention that you saw this ad on Jobing.com!

Apply directly to Columbia-St. Mary's below.

POSTED
10/2/2007 JOB STATUS
Full Time

Job Ref #: 697195

This company has not been tagged.

Application Instructions
To apply directly to Columbia-St. Mary's, please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online.

Apply online.

83 months ago

LOC in Brooklyn, New York said: High school diploma or equivalent is required - Certification Preferred - Experience is required A minimum of 1 year experience as LPN or Medical Assistant is required. he role of a clinic medical assistant is to provide quality patient care by assisting the physician(s) with patient examinations and treatments. Qualifications include a graduate of an accredited LPN and/or medical assistant program and current CPR certification is required. Prior experience is preferred.

Important Notes Please be sure to mention that you saw this ad on Jobing.com!

Apply directly to Columbia-St. Mary's below.

POSTED
10/2/2007 JOB STATUS
Full Time

Job Ref #: 697195

This company has not been tagged.

Application Instructions
To apply directly to Columbia-St. Mary's, please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online.

Apply online.

regionalhelpwanted.com/AdvSearch/AdvJobSearch_Result.cfm?SN=2&DC=City%20is%20Clifton%20Park%20and%20Job%20Title%20contains%20LPN%2FMEDICAL%20ASSISTANT

83 months ago

Job Profile
NationJob Home Find Jobs Job Seeker Resources Post Jobs Employer Resources

Martin Memorial Health Systems
MA (Medical Assistant)/LPN/East Ocean Family Care
Job Location:
Stuart, FL

Department/Facility:
East Ocean Family Care/Martin Memorial Health Systems - Ocea

Schedule/Shift:
Full Time/Day shift

Hours:
40 hours a week.

Job Summary:
Assists professional medical staff personnel in providing clinical and administrative duties for the MediCenters or physician offices. Assists with diagnostic and treatment procedures. Performs all duties under direction of Physician /Registered Nurse.

Requirements:
MA - Must have clinical /medical experience. Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training Program may substitute for experience. Registration/Certification preferred. Must test successfully in Customer Service and Medical Terminology, and complete Martin Memorial Orientation/training for clinical positions. Computer experience, courteous, pleasant manner required.

LPN - Current LPN license in the State of Florida. Minimum of one year medical/surgical experience or one year experience in medical office environment. Ability to communicate with the public in a courteous and professional manner. Flexibility to work various shifts and some holidays. Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.

How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please use our on-line application at:

Application_Form

Martin Memorial Health Systems

View Company Profile

See All Company Jobs

Email Job to a Friend

PayScale Salary Calculator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thousands of jobs with hundreds of companies.
Browse Popular job titles Let PJ Scout do your job searching for you -- free! (Now over 1,000,000 subscribers!)
www.nationjob.com/pjscout

How to contact NationJo

83 months ago

83 months ago

Search Jobs Browse Jobs Salaries Employment Trends Resume Builder My Jobs â–ª Sign In
Keywords

Job Title, Skills, or Company
City, State or ZIP

Advanced Job Search

medical assistant jobs
Jobs 1 - 10 of 7316 Filter Search
Get email alerts for this search or view as RSS feed

Sponsored JobsLEAD MEDICAL ASSISTANT/LPN/RN
Critical Connection - Washington, DC
articulate go-getter... Lead Medical Assistant, LPN or RN needed for Specialty ... Maintain medical sample closet * Cover medical receptionist responsibilities when... (Critical Connection) Certified Medical Assistant
Northwestern University - Evanston, IL
University Health Service seeking certified medical assistant for busy college health ... excellent computer skills (for electronic medical records), attention to patient... (ChicagoJobs.com) Sort by: Relevance | Date
Medical Assistant
Cambridge Health Alliance - Massachusetts
9/22/2007 Date Modified: 09/21/2007 Medical Assistant to work in a very busy ... planned care work. Certification from a Medical Assistant Program...
4 hours and 9 minutes ago from Cambridge Health Alliance - Save - More
Research Salary - PayScale
Medical Assistant Salaries in Massachusetts
Also found at: Monster
Related Searches
Medical Assistant jobs in Massachusetts
Medical Assistant jobs
Cambridge Health Alliance jobs
Massachusetts jobs
Medical Assistant.
Oregon Health & Science University - Portland, OR
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program; OR One year of full-time ... to take the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) certification...
5 hours and 42 minutes ago from Oregon Health & Science University - Save - More
Who do I Know at Oregon Health & Science University - LinkedIn
Research Salary - PayScale
Medical Assistant. Salaries in Portland, OR
View map of job
Related Searches
Medical Assistant. jobs in Portland
Medical Assistant. jobs
Portland jobs

83 months ago

Advertising Rates
Post a Job
Search Resumes
Sign in
Goto My Account
Post a Job
Buy Resume Search
Register
Sign in
Search Jobs

Job Search Results: Medical Assistant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Searching for medical assistant jobs? The demand for medical assistant jobs changes daily, so the MedicalWorkers.com team works non-stop to bring you the best medical assistant jobs. Make MedicalWorkers.com your favorite site for finding certified medical assistant jobs or med assistant jobs. medical assistant jobs is one of the key job specialties we focus on listing on our site. The most important part of searching for certified medical assistant jobs or med assistant jobs is hearing about the job opportunity as soon as it becomes available. Remember to use our alerts which will e-mail you as soon as medical assistant jobs that meet your match/criteria are posted.

Free Email Notification of New Job Postings
Sign up today to receive an email notification when new jobs are posted to this page. Simply enter your email address to subscribe - it's that easy! Your email address will be kept confidential and you can cancel notification at any time.

Email:

All States International Alabama Alaska Alberta American Samoa Arizona Arkansas Armed Forces Americas Armed Forces Europe Armed Forces Pacific British Columbia California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Fed of Micronesia Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Manitoba Marshall Islands Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Brunswick New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York Newfoundland North Carolina North Dakota Northern Mariana Islands Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Ohio Oklahoma Ontario Oregon Palau Pennsylvania Prince Edward Island

83 months ago

83 months ago

83 months ago

email this posting to a friend delaware craigslist > healthcare jobs
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
LPN or Medical Assistant Needed Immediately

Reply to: job-434535005@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-28, 12:16PM EDT

Experienced LPN or medical assistant needed for a busy multi-physician practice group. Prime candidates are industrious, courteous, and capable of mutlitasking in a full-time position.

Compensation: Comparable with industry standard but negotiable depending upon experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 434535005

Copyright © 2007 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

83 months ago

83 months ago

83 months ago

email this posting to a friend new york craigslist > manhattan > healthcare jobs
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Medical Assistant /LPN (Upper East Side)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2007-10-03, 2:19PM EDT

Upper East Side ENT Office seeking a medical assistant or LPN for immediate hire. ENT experience a +. Must be professional individual who can multi-task and keep up in a hectic environment. Must be flexible with hours.

Salary to be determined by experience. Good benefits. 401K and Pension Plan.

Please fax resume to (212)472-3086 to the attention of the Office Manager.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 439068877

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Copyright © 2007 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

83 months ago

If you are looking for a job, try doing a search for "LPN/MA Jobs" and see what comes up. A lot of times they are looking for a Medical Assistant or LPN to do the same job. See how that works for ya. Good luck.

83 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
Nature of the Work
Working Conditions
Training, Other Qualifications, and Advancement
Employment
Job Outlook
Earnings
Related Occupations
Sources of Additional Information

Significant Points

Training lasting about 1 year is available in about 1,200 State-approved programs, mostly in vocational or technical schools.
Applicants for jobs in hospitals may face competition as the number of hospital jobs for licensed practical nurses declines; however, rapid employment growth is projected in other health care industries, with the best job opportunities occurring in nursing care facilities and in home health care services.
Replacement needs will be a major source of job openings, as many workers leave the occupation permanently.

Nature of the Work [About this section] Back to Top

Licensed practical nurses (LPNs), or licensed vocational nurses (LVNs), care for the sick, injured, convalescent, and disabled under the direction of physicians and registered nurses. (The work of physicians and surgeons and of registered nurses is described elsewhere in the Handbook.)

Most LPNs provide basic bedside care, taking vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration. They also prepare and give injections and enemas, monitor catheters, apply dressings, treat bedsores, and give alcohol rubs and massages. LPNs monitor their patients and report adverse reactions to medications or treatments. They collect samples for testing, perform routine laboratory tests, feed patients, and record food and fluid intake and output. To help keep patients comfortable, LPNs assist with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene. In States where the law allows, they may administer prescribed medicines or start intravenous fluids. Some LPNs help to deliver, care for, and feed infants. Experienced LPNs may supervise nursing assistants and aides.

In addition to providing routine bedside care, LPNs i

ronda

83 months ago

I live in the bay area close to oakland ca if anyone hear of any jobs in the bay area let me know I don't have access to no resources I graduated from the medical assistant program in june 2006 I am willing to travel san francisco, fremont anywhere now I am a mother of five and I need a job help someone good luck to all of you don't give up keep looking

Joaquin in New York, New York

83 months ago

Are you still looking? If so call me at 914-725-4835

Ayesha Haque in Bronx, New York said: I am a Medical assisting student of Monroe College.I am graduate June 8,2007. I am really looking for a job in a Hospital or any Clinic where i can challenge my experience and skills.So, please help me for job.

alicia in Brooklyn, New York

83 months ago

sabrina brown in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I finished my schooling in May 2007 and still can't find a job.the tell me I have to have a state license by law to work in a clinic.I paid 12,000 to go to school and it seems like I did it for nothing.

Becoming a MA is a waste of time the only jobs that is hiring are hha,lpn,cna,pca and rn's now!!!!Im glad that I went to school to become a cna because I got a job right away. All these nursing schools just want your money so they will tell you anything for it.The best thing to do is find out whats hiring before you get cerified in that profession

Sujata in Burlington, Massachusetts

83 months ago

Hi
I am Pediatrician from India. I am trying to find work as a Medical Assistant in the Boston area till I am able to get a residency position, so that I am able to show some clinical experience. I am also looking for any Shadowing in Pediatricians clinic. I am ECFMG certified and permanent resident. Any help in any area is highly appreciated.

Catherine

83 months ago

Alba Fleming in Hamden, Connecticut said: I am a Career Director working with several graduates who are Medical Assistants. It is difficult. It seems the job market is hiring LPNs as Medical (Clinical) Assistants. Most of my graduates have the Secretarial background with the Assistant Training to help them get jobs...But, if you are not willing to do the receptionist portion of the job first (just to get in the door) you will still have difficulty.

You need to highlight your administrative skills in your resume and cover letter. Most facilities need to know you can handle the scheduling, billing, and customer service part of the medical area...more than the clinical. The medical malpractice problems are really putting our medical assistant positions in jeopardy.

Unfortunately I am in CT and cannot assist you in possibilities. Please feel free to contact me again at any time if I can be of assistance.

LPN's are not hired as "medical assistants" they are hired as Licensed Nurses that have the Training to handle Back office procedures and protocol.

jessica Rodriguez in Riverside, Rhode Island

83 months ago

i graduated as a medical assistant a few months ago n still can't find a job i really need to work please help me i live in providence ri

hopeneurology

82 months ago

Are you still looking for a MA job in Knoxville, TN? Please e-mail your resume to hopeneurology@aol.com.

Cheryl Kirby in Duluth, Georgia

82 months ago

Tina in Atlanta, GA said: I need help new from californaia and graduated in 1992 as a medical assistant from Bryman College who owns GMI. Hey sister out there I need you help if possible

My name is Cheryl Kirby
Tina need to hired a medical assistant right away. We are The Community Health Center in Austell GA....please email of your availabilty.

Shirley Toomer

82 months ago

I graudated in August, 2007 in the Certified Medical Assistant field. I have clerical experience as well. I've been looking for a job at the hospitals and doctor offices. I haven't found anything as of yet. I live in Summerville, SC. Could you help me find something. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Something in Charleston, SC will be great also!

Thanks,
Shirley in Summerville, SC

Cheryl Kirby in Duluth, Georgia

82 months ago

Hello,

YES! we are looking to hire a Medical Assistant as well as a Dental Assistant...we are located in Austell GA.

Community Health Center
6289 Veterans Memorial Highway
Building 12-C
Austell, GA
Phone # 678-398-6548- Ask for the Office Manager

Personal Qualities
• Good people skills required "Must be able to handle angry customers with diplomacy and tact".
• Bi-lingual is needed-but not required.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team required.
• Committed to providing good service.

bernadette in Boston, Massachusetts

82 months ago

missy in Newburgh, New York said: Same here i have been a Medical Assistant for six years having a really hard time finding another job someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

hi my name is bernadette i gradueted 2005 i can't find job anywhere where plaese someone help me to find a job

Anna

82 months ago

Ronda,

Please fax your resume to 510-889-5823.

Anna, Office Manager
Laurence Athos, MD

ronda said: I live in the bay area close to oakland ca if anyone hear of any jobs in the bay area let me know I don't have access to no resources I graduated from the medical assistant program in june 2006 I am willing to travel san francisco, fremont anywhere now I am a mother of five and I need a job help someone good luck to all of you don't give up keep looking

Anna

82 months ago

We are looking for a certified medical assistant for a small internal medicine office in Castro Valley, specializing in pulmonary care. We are open Monday thru Thursday. Applicants should have 3 yrs minimum experience and be good with the elderly. Job duties include spirometry (will train), EKG, vaccination administration, along with basic duties.

Please fax resume to 510-889-5823. We will contact for an interview.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.