certified medical assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1160)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

91 months ago

Terri said:
I never see too many opening for CHP, but everytime I do I put an application/resume in. I called them one time and they say they prefer people not call that they review the applications and call you, that is the way most hospitals are now they don't want you calling and asking about your application, but how will you know what to improve on if they don't give you any feedback on what you need to better your chances on getting a job.

The reason they do not like people calling in is because if everyone that submitted a resume called in, it would take up their entire day. Also, they may not have even looked at it yet. You have to realize that larger organizations such as hospitals receive hundreds a resumes a week.

If you are looking for feedback on your resume, I would recommend going to the career services office of wherever you received your certification. They are usually very good at helping past students. If that does not work, there are other avenues to pursue to get feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yuri in Mesa, Arizona

91 months ago

hi yall. well i am suppost to start school for a MA on the 29 of jan. but im really stressing about it. i dont want to spent thousands and thousands of dollars for a career that pays you so little! and thats hard to find a job. at my current job im getting paid $11 an hour. and thats with out a degree. I DNT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alane in Sarasota, Florida

91 months ago

After being in healthcare for many years and being a CMA mysself, I would recommend that you look into LPN or RN School. The payscale is too low for Medical Assistants for all that you learn and the jobs are too limited. You would make so much more money just going to be a nurse and plus there are so many more jobs out there.

marsha in Brooklyn, New York

91 months ago

u not going to only pay thousands of dollars but when u finish school no one wants to hire u with out experience its a waste of time go for the lpn

Rhea in Sacramento, California

91 months ago

I am a medical assistant. I have 3 months of experience working in two department at Kaiser Permanente.They paid me $16 an hour. My work at kaiser was going great until co-worker started hating and complaining abt me just becoz of this Now I am staying looking for job .....nott good....I am a very hard-worker. I was wondering if anyone here know a good hospital or clinic in sacramento that pays a good money and dosen't need much experience. Your help will be highly appreciated. plzzzzzzzz email me RIA_BABE143@hotmail.com

Thanks
Rhea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

natasha

91 months ago

well all i can suggest is follow your herart if you like nursing go into nursing program,if you only get 11.oo now you will know what it is to start from the bottom if you do complete the program if you know alot of pepople that work network thats works alot give your resume to them ask questions voluteer in a hospital to get hands on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

91 months ago

[QUOTE who="Terri"]
I never see too many opening for CHP, but everytime I do I put an application/resume in. I called them one time and they say they prefer people not call that they review the applications and call you, that is the way most hospitals are now they don't want you calling and asking about your application, but how will you know what to improve on if they don't give you any feedback on what you need to better your chances on getting a job.

I applied online at CHP and one week later I received in the mail a form postcard that rejected me.

You are right, CHP is unwilling to talk via telephone even if it is a cold call to find out about types of upcoming jobs, counseling, and what training is needed or how to improve yourself to get a CHP job. I know, it happened to me. When I called the only suggestions and help they would give me is, "Keep watching the web page and apply online when you see a job opening you like."

kathy graham in Marietta, Georgia

91 months ago

rose said: i got certified and no one wants to hire you because you don't have a year's experience. This is very disappointing to find out I went to school for nothing! i have faxed, hand delivered, called, replied to ads and nothing keep getting the same story everywhere

Hello, my name is kathy graham. I finish about a 1yr and a couple of months and the job started me out ith less then I expected but its good experience and maybe I can go to school for something else so it help me but my foot in the door. If you can try to ork in the front office or a secetary first that way you can put your foot in the door. Or try the agents because they help you with experience and that way you will get paid more and you will feel comfortable where to work

Mrs.Jones in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

I Feel The Same As You Do I got certified and no one wants to hire you because you don't have a year's experience. This is very disappointing to find out I went to school for nothing! i have faxed, hand delivered, called, replied to ads and nothing keep getting the same story everywhere I go now im starting to feel as though i wasted my time and money going to school because I cant find a job

Marie in Tecumseh, Michigan

91 months ago

I can very much relate to everyone's comments about not being able to find a Medical Assistant job. I am also a new grad of a program, and have sent out more than 75 resumes. I've landed a few interviews, but always ended up getting the same response... you don't have enough experience! Not only that, but get this... I had an interview at a doctor's office and they wanted me to work for free for 2 weeks, and then they would decide if I was good enough to be paid $7.00 an hour (NO Benefits either!) to work for them. Isn't that crazy? They talked to me like I was a know-nothing off the street, like I hadn't spent the last three years of my life in school. It can be very discouraging to find a Medical Assisting job. Good luck to everyone else out there, I certainly hope I start getting some!

fran zavolas in Washington, District of Columbia

91 months ago

Angie said: Yes!! i have the same problem!!! I have 7 years experience in customer service and just finished school for medical assisting and i just got certified -- i've had about 4 interviews in 4 months -- 2 of the jobs offered me $7 an hour!! that is ridiculous-- i have to start paying back my student loans- i am a hard worker and deserve more than that-- if i had known this i would have gone to school for something else!!
any comments please reply
1/31/07 7:01am
Good morning,
Please excuse the intrusion, do you know where I could email, to see if the US accepts any out of state programs,such as Medical Receptionist, Medical Assistant,etc., for example, Australia ? I live in Maryland.

Thank you kindly.
Fran Zavolas
fzavolas@wrf.com 8:30am---5:00pm
thank you and good luck to you Rose

Joshua in Flowery Branch, Georgia

90 months ago

I was trained as an x-ray tech through the military. I have up to 5 years to take my registry, but I want to take it now. Is there anybody I can talk to on what to expect.

unknow in Gresham, Oregon

90 months ago

Angie said: Yes!! i have the same problem!!! I have 7 years experience in customer service and just finished school for medical assisting and i just got certified -- i've had about 4 interviews in 4 months -- 2 of the jobs offered me $7 an hour!! that is ridiculous-- i have to start paying back my student loans- i am a hard worker and deserve more than that-- if i had known this i would have gone to school for something else!!
any comments please reply
thank you and good luck to you Rose

it is absolutly ridiculos $7/hr? I don't need to go to school for MA if I want a job for $7 dollars/hr. well pleaese be proud of yourself that you have a degree and you will find the right job with the right paid. I am so sorry for you that they told you that.

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

90 months ago

Yes you have to watch how much you call these employers. I was told by friends also to keep calling to let them know you want the job. I did it so much, in fact, that some places came right out and said they would call me if they were interested. I also had a couple interviews that lasted about 5 minutes. These interviews were a new experience for me. The companies had no intention of interviewing me but since I had the interview I really was not justified in calling them any more for a job. I labeled these the "screw you" interviews. Sad.

Joshua in Flowery Branch, Georgia

90 months ago

Yeah, they hit me with that little 5 minute interview. 2 weeks later, I recieved a letter in the mail saying, "We are impressed with your qualifications and experience, but unfortunately, all of our x-ray technician spot are full." But I appreciate the advice Jake, I'll keep calling. Maybe they'll get so tired of me calling and hearing my voice that they'll hire me just to get me to stop.

shannon in Dupont, Washington

90 months ago

WoW! i just want to say thank you everyone because I was a couple hours away from signign my name into a MA course... im so glad i came here first. Now i know better than to put $12000 into an education i cant use. THANK YOU!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alison in Alpharetta, Georgia

90 months ago

Alyssa said: I have an associates in Medical assisting and passed the certification with flying colors, and have yet to find a job too. The jobs that have been offered to me pay only $9-$10 an hour and I'd be losing money if I accepted them! I also have a Bachleors degree in another field, but no one seems to care. They all want 1 or more years of experience before paying better wages or even hiring in the hospitals here in Michigan.

alison in Alpharetta, Georgia

90 months ago

I agree! I am a certified medical assistant and i just graduated. I accepted a job for $10.50 after many interviews. There are 20 new Care Clinics opening in Michigan and Indiana through Arcadia Resources in which you don't have to have experience.

rebecca

90 months ago

I have a strong desire to become a medical assistant but I cant find a really cheap school...I was accepted at Tulsa Tech. Center and recieved the financial aide but not for the full tuition and the additional 600$ for books that are 400 and scrubs and stethescope and ect......does anyone have anything for this desperate woman?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

natasha

90 months ago

what is the total of school because most schools are expensive, i don't know what state you are in but i just finish school in new york and the school was 25,000 dollars and financial aide picked up half so my loan is 10,000 to pay, but good luck and i am grad with an associate degree im medical assisting aos, not a certificate.

marsha in Flushing, New York

90 months ago

i went to school in new york too and my shool cost was 10,000 and the finaciAL AIDE PAY EIGHT

stephanie in Hendersonville, Tennessee

90 months ago

rebecca said: I have a strong desire to become a medical assistant but I cant find a really cheap school...I was accepted at Tulsa Tech. Center and recieved the financial aide but not for the full tuition and the additional 600$ for books that are 400 and scrubs and stethescope and ect......does anyone have anything for this desperate woman?
i live in tennessee and i am signing up for ma @ nashville college of edical careers. the tuition is 9800.00 plus 400. for books..you buy your own scrubs but needles and what not are included..but you just get certified, no degree

90 months ago

stephanie said: i live in tennessee and i am signing up for ma @ nashville college of edical careers. the tuition is 9800.00 plus 400. for books..you buy your own scrubs but needles and what not are included..but you just get certified, no degree
also there is another school called hi tech institute, but tuition is 23,ooo buts it is all inclusive...that's all you pay..haha that's it.23,ooo.but you get an associate's degree..i am starting to freak out about all these commenst and so-called horrow stories..i'm not spending hard earned money on something that's only going to depress me in the long run.it's a fulltime job finding a job..

90 months ago

stephanie said: also there is another school called hi tech institute, but tuition is 23,ooo buts it is all inclusive...that's all you pay..haha that's it.23,ooo.but you get an associate's degree..i am starting to freak out about all these commenst and so-called horrow stories..i'm not spending hard earned money on something that's only going to depress me in the long run.it's a fulltime job finding a job..
wow- i really mistyped that last comment

natasha

90 months ago

that tuition is cheap my school i went was 25,000 and financial aide picked up have and the rest is a loan, but make sure the school help you with place ment when you graduate that is one thing i like about my school they help us with different companies,we have to go on interviews one of my friends just got a job in the hospital starting with 34,000 adm work, so if the school reccommend you you have a better chance do you have intership as well

natasha

90 months ago

did you read my message

natasha

90 months ago

what else do you like x-ray tech make money and ultrasound tech so there is alot to do in the health field, trust me if your school help you with placement you will be fine,

natasha

90 months ago

shannon said: WoW! i just want to say thank you everyone because I was a couple hours away from signign my name into a MA course... im so glad i came here first. Now i know better than to put $12000 into an education i cant use. THANK YOU!!!!!!

they are having a hard time because there school is not on there job finding them placement i just finish school 25,000 with an associate in medical assisting my school send us on interviews your school is suppose to have placement have different companies in mind trust me ask questions.

carliey in Opa Locka, Florida

90 months ago

Hi everyone I want to congraluate you on acheiving degree/certification and becoming license. I think it is wonderful that everyone has acheived their goal, I do feel for not getting what you want on these jobs. I think it is ashamed that empoyers only look for people with experience. I was wondering have anyone ever thought about Registered Nurse? I think that would be a better job, and quick employment. I think Medical Assistant and Registered Nursing are sorta the same just with a little more training. I wish everyone all the luck in the world, and please never get discouraged and give up.

natasha

90 months ago

i know they need to stop thinking so negative there is alot in the health field x-ray tech ultrasound tech they all make good money

carliey in Opa Locka, Florida

90 months ago

I would try to do registered nursing instead of lpn because you will will have a higher salary, more respect, and many more benefits. Check department of labor www.bls.gov, and check out your career choice, before you start a program. This website tells you everything salary, hours, training, education, then I hope this website will help u pick a career choice you would love, and dont have any surprises at the end.

Terri in Elyria, Ohio

90 months ago

Jake said: Yes you have to watch how much you call these employers. I was told by friends also to keep calling to let them know you want the job. I did it so much, in fact, that some places came right out and said they would call me if they were interested. I also had a couple interviews that lasted about 5 minutes. These interviews were a new experience for me. The companies had no intention of interviewing me but since I had the interview I really was not justified in calling them any more for a job. I labeled these the "screw you" interviews. Sad.

They want you to be "enthusastic" but their version of this is being goofy. When I started my clinicals there was a girl from another school who was completing hers and she acted like she had a hyperactive disorder and bugged HR for a job. They gave it to her because she seemed very enthusuastic, but if the HR people would have actually got off their butts and talked to the staff she should have never been hired. During my clinicals they told me she was sooo lazy and she wasn't really a team player, she did what she wanted to do even though she wasn't done with her training. They reported her to the supervisor multiple times because she wasn't following proper policies. The staff hated her it goes to show that Human Resource people can be lazy themselves.
How can you know someone in a 5 minute interview? If they were good at their job they would at least have a couple interviews because everyone is nervous on their first interview, the second is a little more relaxed and you can learn more about the person.

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

90 months ago

Hi Terri,

Hey it doesn't work that way, in your field or mine.

1. You are either a relative or a friend
2. Or they like you or they don't
3. Get lucky and they don't have anyone else to hire

Don't get me started on foriegners that are not American citizens. LOL
(I know too well this area from experience)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Arroyo Grande, California

90 months ago

I have been through alot as well. I got a job with a Internal medicine dr out of school.He paid very little but i learned from him. I left him and got into temping but found very little work. The differnt offices and environments were good practice for me, yet i was broke all the time. The unpredictiblity was unnerving but i kept trying.The one good thing about temping is that you're already drug screened and they've background check'ed you. So your less of a liability to a potential employer. The way my story has gone is this: I decided to move to another city with a higher cost of living. The demand for MA's is more intense in a big city. If you can swing it, find cheap housing, Go for it.I found a job pretty quick. Also it always seems like the secret to getting your money's worth out of your ma school education is this: get your foot in the door filing part time, voulenteering at a hospital, work at a community clinic with homeless people & the poor. Do some grunt work for awhile then eventually the pay will roll in. Once you get the good job make yourself valuable by voulnteering to work extra hours. It will happen. Just be ambitious. and also the most important thing i wanna say is this. Network...You never know who will come along in your life and help you get your dream job. Like that nice dr or nurse you meet voulenteering at the hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erin in Waukesha, Wisconsin

90 months ago

I'm not sure if those of you in Pennsylvania are aware of it or not but a new medical group has been formed in Reading, PA and several full-time and part-time positions are open throughout the Greater Reading Area. You can see what positions are available and apply on line at www.readinghospital.org. Just click on the Employment Tab look for the Reading Hospital Medical Group link and complete the on-line application. Be sure to note that you heard about it through Indeed.com.

Joshua in Gainesville, Georgia

90 months ago

X-ray technician is where it's at. It is a field that all hospitals and chiropractor's need. Technology has advanced in the field and you are able to process film from a computer now and turn it, flip it, make it lighter or darker. When I did my training through the military, I spent 830 am -430pm in this class for 6 months. After 6 months, they sent me to a hospital to perform x-rays in a hospital. So I was also able to get the experience. Not only do they pay for you to take this course, but if you join the National Guard, they will take good care of you. If you are married and have children, you can make at least $2,000 a month for a little over a year. Once you complete your training, you only have to report for the army for 1 weekend each month. You can take your family with you to drill, get your registry, and work full-time as an x-ray tech. Usually starting out with $20 an hour in the civilian world. If you get trained in MRI, CAT scan, and/or mammography, you can make up to $30 an hour. If you're interested in this program, e-mail me at 924181783@gsc.edu(Mr. Haith), as I can direct you to someone that can get you started. Don't pay for school, the military will pay for you. I just finished this past October, and I'm currently in school to full-fill my bachelor's degree. I had no college education before I left, but my training has moved me all the way to my junior year, and I should be able to finish my bachelor's degree in the next two years. Think you would be missing out if you were in this program? I though so too, but the truth is, you're missing out by not joining this program.

natasha

90 months ago

thank you for the info but i am not joining the service for no one sorry, that is not in me trust me i am very angry about the war right about now. sounds good but it's not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Well, the military is not for everybody, but it's a lot different than I thought it would be. I never planned on joining the military, but here I am. It has turned my life around. I am proud to serve the country for my family, child, and future grand-children. I haven't been to Iraq, and even if they sent me, I would be taken x-rays. For my college right now, the military paid for my full tuition, with an additional $900 a month for the whole semester. So, I'm chillin, and it's nice.

tc in Elberta, Alabama

90 months ago

nursing school isn't all it is cracked up to be either.
you learn alot of book stuff but not hands on. I guess it's just up to you to make the best out of the situation.

barbara

90 months ago

I am a registered Medical assistant from Naugatuck CT. I have 3 kids and went to school for a year with straight A,s and been on six interviews and they all say the same we need more experience but they love my resume. I am going crazy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Annette S. in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

You might want to Negotiate that you work for one month or 2 for that pay and then you want a reevaluation for a raise.

cirea in Santa Ana, California

90 months ago

hi,could you plese send me that format.it would do me some justice

DEISOM in North Ridgeville, Ohio

90 months ago

Terri said:
Sorry about my typing and mispelled words, my children got something sticky on my keyboard and my keys stick once in a while.
HI I LIVE HERE IN ELYRIA TOO AND I'M IN THE SAME BOAT IN TRYING TO FIND A JOB IN HTE MEDICAL FIELD, IN SCHOOL THEY MADE IT SOUND SO EASY BUT ONCE YOU YOU GET OUT THERE ITS NOT THAT EASY. THERES NOT J-O-B IN MEDICAL ASSISTANT HERE IN ELYRIS, LORAIN UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO TO CLEVELAND THEN THEY WHAT TO START YOU OFF ONLY AT 8.50 OR SO THATS NO EITHEN WORTH THE DRIVE. EVERYONE WHATS EXPERIENCE HOW AM I SUPPOST TO GET THAT UNLESS YOU HIRE ME SO I CAN LEARN!

90 months ago

Cirea, I can get you that iformation, but I need you to e-mail me

stacy in Detroit, Michigan

90 months ago

I just won't to say that I finish school last week and I hope and pray that I find a job and some one call me back soon.

natasha

90 months ago

good luck i hope you do too,do your school assistant with job placement,i finished on feb 2,every day i am applying on line to different jobs and my school helps too.

Shannon

90 months ago

Diana said:
I am a recent graduate also,i didnt get hired of my externship site and know i am struggling to find a job as well iv been out of school for about a month and i havnt even gotten a call back. sorry im in the same boat. but i wish you lots of luck. and remember all in good time maybe god has something else in store for you

I am also a recent graduate who didn't get hired on my externship. I've been out of school fro 3months and have been on 3 interviews that all seemed promising and yet I didn't even get a phone call back. I feel like I've been screwed over. They should have job placement if you're gonna pay all this money to go to school. I have to start paying back my student loan in June and am now applying for a job at Home depot... nice huh? So beleive me, I def. know how you feel.

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

89 months ago

Been reading all these sad stories. I am an Electrical Engineer with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. I've been looking for 5 years and can't find an engineering job.
I wonder, though, how many [doctors] just out of college exist that can not find work?! This all sucks big time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

judy in Woodville, Florida

89 months ago

Alane said: I am sorry to hear all the Medical Assistants are not being hired in your areas. I live in Florida and jobs in healthcare for Medical Assistants are in great demand. I used to be one myself and never had a problem finding work in Pittsburgh, PA. I have recruited for the Medical Society here in Florida and I
must say your resume is your first impression. Perhaps you need some help to perfect your resume. I can help
you if you'd like. Let me know. I have a nice resume
format for you to use. Write back if you want help.
i live in florida and i would love to see your resume format please. my name is judy

natasha

89 months ago

would you be able to read my resume i live in new york city

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.