what is your email address

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

natasha

91 months ago

thank you so much i am going to send it now,and let me know

Teresa McIntire in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

I'am glad to see the comments about the medical assistant Programs. I was seriously thinking about it. It's a shame to see all the young women who take out the loans for this program and don't receive decent employment. When will it end. That course should be free! College is the answer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa McIntire in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

College is the answer! Really those programs are quick and it just takes your money. You really need a degree.Medical assistant programs has been in excistence for ages. I know so many people who owes student loans because of those MA programs. They need to stop it and make it a free course in High School. Again college is the answer.

Margie Sheffield in Elgin, Illinois

91 months ago

I graduated in November,took my state test and passed
and have been on 40plus interviews and yes everyone wants someone with experience- well how do you get it, if no one will give us a chance. I even have friends that wont hire me because they need someone with experience???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in North Ridgeville, Ohio

91 months ago

I'm not so sure if college is the answer. I earned my Bachelors degree in electrical engineering(high tech, just like everyone says is in demand) and it is very rare if I get an interview. I still think it is like it has aways been; you have to know someone usually to get the job.

I have been out of a job for five years now so I really can't see how a Bachelors degree helps. It sure hasn't helped me get loads of interviews.

If I ahd to do it all over, I'd probably try to get into one of the trades like being an electrician. Those guys really price gouge and make much more than I ever did.

Did anyone watch the "Ask This Old House" show where, on one episode, the contractor talked about how if you apply yourself and do good, get licensed, it is a pretty good living? Don't need college for the trades.

Besides, owning my own business sounds much better than slving for some ingrate employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in North Ridgeville, Ohio

91 months ago

I'm not so sure if college is the answer. I earned my Bachelors degree in electrical engineering(high tech, just like everyone says is in demand) and it is very rare if I get an interview. I still think it is like it has aways been; you have to know someone usually to get the job.

I have been out of a job for five years now so I really can't see how a Bachelors degree helps. It sure hasn't helped me get loads of interviews.

If I ahd to do it all over, I'd probably try to get into one of the trades like being an electrician. Those guys really price gouge and make much more than I ever did.

Did anyone watch the episode of "Ask This Old House" show where the contractor talked about how if you apply yourself and do good, get licensed, that it is a pretty good living? Don't need college for the trades.

Besides, owning my own business sounds much better than slaving for some ingrate employer.

natasha

91 months ago

i agree totally it's who you know not what you know, trust i feel the same way.

karen in Fort Worth, Texas

91 months ago

i know how you feel i am from texas and it happens here to. it's a moneymaking world

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

Anna said: please do not send any more forums think you. my emails get full enough without these.

If you would like to cancel you forum alerts, just click on cancel this alert at the bottom of the email.

Good Luck!

brenda figueroa in Amherst, Ohio

91 months ago

I am a certified medical assistant who is having a really hard time finding work. i think its because I have been out of my trade for so long. I graduated from Remington College in 2001 and worked in a medical from 01 to 2002 and I have been unable to find a job since. I havent lost my trade or my skills and I think that working in a factory for 8.75 an hour sucks, thats not what i want to do. i need help in my search. If you anyone please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

natasha

91 months ago

go to hotjobs.com, careerbuilders.com,craigslist.com and put in your state and the title you are looking for good luck or go through temp agency

deisom in North Ridgeville, Ohio

91 months ago

I'm in the same boat I graduated June 06 everybody whats experience, how do they exspect you to get the experience when they won't hire you I'm think about just going back to school for RN quit trying to take the short cuts but theres a new job web site called indeed.com my career advisor at sanford brown told me about it

Shelley in Freehold, New Jersey

91 months ago

I graduated from Devry University in June of 2005, and I have over 15 years experience in the business world, but noone wants to see that, they want the experience you have now and I stayed home for 18 years raising my children and after I graduated decided to go to college to better myself and here I am two years later and finally got my foot in the door working minimum wage, part time, but its a start. I am 56, and I feel like I am 19 and have to start all over again.

Claudette in Peachtree City, Georgia

91 months ago

Sorry to hear about you all. I just finish Medical Assisting in Columbus Georgia March 20, 2007 and I will be working March 26, 2007 at $10 per hour. More than 80% of the class got jobs, they needed MA here in Columbus Georgia, jobs are here. I wish I could share them with you guys.

Good luck to everyone

brenda in Elyria, Ohio

91 months ago

congratulations i hope i can write you back with news for myself in the near future.

Bonita candy

91 months ago

Hello, I know is not good to lie but I did for the reason that no body I mean no body had want it to hire me, I had an interview in children hospital and the lady ask me how many years I told her 2, gave a wrong adress from new orleans now im working, But guess what i shouldnt did that because now I dont know what im doing.

91 months ago

Yes, I do agree with you, you don't want to lie, you are talking about people's life here. I do hope you are careful and learn quickly

91 months ago

[O my goodness, I thought you would pick up a job easily in New York, I guess I was wrong. Never give up

natasha

91 months ago

it's real easy but i will not except 10.00 an hour and i have an associate degree in medical assistant

Bonnie in Duluth, Minnesota

91 months ago

judy said: i live in florida and i would love to see your resume format please. my name is judy

Judy, I would love to see your resume format, I will be done with my MA program in a month, but I need a resume geared for the internship now! I have been a housewife most of my life so its kinda hard, I have only 2 jobs for the last 2 years. any help or info you can give me would be great!

bonnie in Duluth, Minnesota

91 months ago

Alane said: I am sorry to hear all the Medical Assistants are not being hired in your areas. I live in Florida and jobs in healthcare for Medical Assistants are in great demand. I used to be one myself and never had a problem finding work in Pittsburgh, PA. I have recruited for the Medical Society here in Florida and I
must say your resume is your first impression. Perhaps you need some help to perfect your resume. I can help
you if you'd like. Let me know. I have a nice resume
format for you to use. Write back if you want help.
I would like to see your resume format, I replied earlier but to judy instead of you, sorry. I need all the help I can get.

Rene' in Landing, New Jersey

91 months ago

Hello all- I came across this site while searching for something else and I am glad I did. I'd like to offer some hope for those of you out there who seem to feel you wasted time obtaining your CMA. I have been certified since 1994 and yes I had to work my way up. I began by making only $12 an hour and working my butt off- BUT that's where I gained my experience and knowledge. I am now the Manager of a very large healthcare facility in NJ and making $75,000 a year. Here is my advice to all of you. Take the first job that is offered to you, learn all you can while there- the more you learn the more you can place on your resume. Also, be very catious and careful when creating your resume. Most employeers look for accuracy, spelling and grammer. Be sure to have your resume in proper format. Last but not least, when you finally get that interview- make it count! Go in confident and secure. Tell the employeers that although you are a recent grad you are a fast learning and very eager to take on new challenges and tasks! Show then that you would be a good investiment. Learn what you can from there and work your way up. LPN's are being phased out due to CMA's and the fact that CMA's salaries are less. Be positive! Hope I helped out a bit and good luck to all of you! OH AND most importantly. You will be offered more money from a specialty practice rather than a general/internist. Specialty practices such as Cardiology ect. gross more than internists do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tykeema in Plainview, New York

91 months ago

I am currently working on finding some clinical sites, for my job training but it seems to be a dead end road. I am trained in plabotomy, EMT, and other areas. I will complete in July but I need to do 3 months of work based learning. I am tryin to work close to home so that I can get to that particular environment. Why doesn't anyone want to give me a chance to show off my skills?

Jake in North Ridgeville, Ohio

91 months ago

Does anyone know of any place that is hiring in their Clinical Engineering section? My Bachelor of Electrical Engineering qualifies me for this type of work.

Hey Natasha, I hope you can get $15/hour. Even with my BS in engineering, my last job started me at that wage.
:-\

pam in Irving, Texas

91 months ago

i also am a certified medical assistant. i put in my resume at a health care clinic. i called human resourses from that clinic and told them if they had my resume and they sent it directly to the manager. they called and i got the job. it only started off at 10.00 an hour, which isnt that bad. but insurance doesnt cover my children. all i want is part time, which they didnt offer. i didnt take the job and now i wish i would of. i would have 1 year experience and probably could get in any childrens hospital or other clinic.

Danielle in Elgin, Illinois in Elgin, Illinois

91 months ago

I recently graduated from Olympia College in the Medical Assistant program last year on October 25th 2006. I did my externship the following month and finshed successfully. I tooked a break because my family didn't really see me that much during school over the holidays. When I started looking, the doctor (spine surgeon) that I did my site with told me that he would write a letter of recommendation to the hospital that I wanted to got to. I know someone else that said that he used the worked at the same hospital and that he could get me a position as well. Well he's still working on it and I haven't heard anything yet, it's been almost 3 weeks and nothing yet. and it's hard for me be patient because I am so ready to get out there and work. I need to have a job like working in a hospital because of the hours. My husband and I can't afford daycare or a babysitter and he already works during the day. So it would great if I could get this job and work nights that way someone can always be with the kids.

Joaquin Roy in Seattle, Washington

91 months ago

rose said: i got certified and no one wants to hire you because you don't have a year's experience. This is very disappointing to find out I went to school for nothing! i have faxed, hand delivered, called, replied to ads and nothing keep getting the same story everywhere

It won't be hard! I tell you that right now If you are certified MA (AAMA) but still no experience you will get hired put that on your resume my god I had that same problem I had no experience but then I took the certification test here in WA and then voila after three months of waiting for my test results learning that I passed I immediately edited my resume and then I got about five calls in one week. Being certifed by the AAMA group is helping.
Well, this is on my case but I dunno about ya'll.

Margie sheffield in Elgin, Illinois

90 months ago

I truly applaude you because I graduated in November and passed my test have all my certificates and stuff, I live 20 miles from Chicago and have also faxed, hand delivered, mailed, e-mailed and practically begged to be hired but no one wants new grads I even have family that are Nurses, but I have faith and god will open a door for me soon. So best wishes to all of you out there

Jake in North Ridgeville, Ohio

90 months ago

I applaud you too Margie. I am glad you keep the faith. I hope everyone does!

I have tried for five years now in the Cleveland area. I give up on Cleveland. I am going to move out of state and try all over again in a different city.

Everyone tells us to improve our skills, go to college to get a better job. I will not prove them wrong!

becks in Utica, Michigan

90 months ago

I went to a Medical Asst. program for about 9months and with a month extern. and now im working at my extern and i love it.. i make good money..but going back to school for Nursing..everyong Good Luck..you gotta have connections these days now to get jobs

envita in Phoenix, Arizona

90 months ago

let me know if anyone is interested in working in an upscale clinic in scottsdale arizona we are allways looking for medical asst

Lara in Meriden, Connecticut

90 months ago

Hi Everyone! I am actually going to be starting my MA program in a couple of weeks! I actually have a business background! I was told this was a program that anyone can accomplish. Can anyone give my advice? I am going to be working part time. Is this possible? I just want to know what it is truly like for those who have gone through the program. I am very excited to become a medical assistant. I have spent many hours researching this job. Thank you everyone.

Jessica in Anaheim, California

90 months ago

How long did you have to go to school?

natasha

90 months ago

you should want to go to a school that offers an associate degree i went 16 months and have an associate

90 months ago

do you like your job

90 months ago

I am a high school student can i interview you i only have ten questions

natasha

90 months ago

i just finish in feb and i am studying now to become a registered medical assistant, so i haven't found a job in the field as yet i am always on line looking and my school is helping me too.

90 months ago

can i ask you ten questions

jackie in Lawrenceville, Georgia

90 months ago

Diana said:
I am a recent graduate also,i didnt get hired of my externship site and know i am struggling to find a job as well iv been out of school for about a month and i havnt even gotten a call back. sorry im in the same boat. but i wish you lots of luck. and remember all in good time maybe god has something else in store for you

Dont get discourage god controls your destiny and don't let one bad experience spoils your dream of being an ma

jackie in Lawrenceville, Georgia

90 months ago

rose said: i got certified and no one wants to hire you because you don't have a year's experience. This is very disappointing to find out I went to school for nothing! i have faxed, hand delivered, called, replied to ads and nothing keep getting the same story everywhere

Dont let this stop you from trying here is an idea go to www.healthgrades.com search for doctors in your area and when you call for internship let them know tha the reason why you choose them is because that doctor years of practice an area of expertise. that web site gives you info about your doctor which allows you to sound more intersted in working than just an internship

Kathy in Wilmington, Delaware

90 months ago

Just a thought but you might want to start in the administrative part of medical assisting. It's a little easier to get a job and then you have some medical office experience that looks good on your resume. That's what I did! I graduated in May of 2005 and had a job by September of that same year! Just a suggestion though. Let me know how it goes!!

esse

90 months ago

i have been exploring the med assistant field, as i need a job soon. i have a degree in art. at this point in my life i need more money and no one will hire me but retail. i found a school that will train me in 3 months full time and a one month externship. it all sounded rosey, thinking i would find a job quickly here in boston as there are so many hospitals...
but after reading your comments here, i wonder?

i really need a job fast... i thought this was the way...
what do you think? am i possibly different in finding a job in that i live in boston?

and i would also like to know from those who have a job, do you like being a medical assistant?

thank you.

natasha

90 months ago

first of all i went to school for 16 months and earned and asociate degree so to me i really don't think you can learn all that stuff in three months and with only a month of externship, that is too short a time trust me. medical assistant is assisting a doctor you better know what you are doing, the reason why medical assistant is so hot right now is because they are trying to get rid of lpn and just have rn.

Claudette in Gay, Georgia

90 months ago

I agree with you, there is no way you can learn all that stuff in 3 months and 1 month externship. I went to school for 15 months and have a diploma and it was hard. I went to externship for 3 months 5 days a week for 40 hours per week. No one is going to hire you with 3 months of training. Furthermore you will not know much to sit for the Certification or to assit the doctor, please be careful

natasha

90 months ago

i don't even know why they would attempt to make such a program, and if people don't know they will waste there money on nonsense

LC from Ohio in Washington, Illinois

90 months ago

I find it so interesting that several people on this forum are from the same region(Northeast Ohio). I have gone for a long time feeling bad about myself because I wasn't able to find a job here,in either phlebotomy or medical assisting. I mainly blame bad luck but I also suspect it has to do with the terrible job market in Ohio. Now my thoughts are being confirmed,because of these posts. I wished I had checked the papers before signing up for these programs (esp. the MA one) because I would have seen the lack of jobs in these fields. I hardly see any ads for a phleb and occasionally will see one for a MA but they also want someone who will do desk work and maybe that is what they mainly want. Both programs gave me a line about how these fields were in high demand,that there were all these jobs waiting for us. I was in a dentist office a few days ago and those court shows were on the TV and every commercial break had all these ads for MA schools since there are about 6 or 7 of them in this area alone. That means they are churning out a LOT of MAs and maybe there just aren't enough jobs to go around. The recruiters will say anything to get you to sign up,about how its the "fastest growing field"(not anymore,that title goes to Home Health Aides) and that MAs will eventually phase out LPNs,which is a big lie! I wouldn't recommend anyone going into medical assisting,I am sorry to say.

Roth in Jupiter, Florida

90 months ago

I'm sorry to even bring this up but darling...you can't even spell Tech how can you be one. I suppose if they let you in the door anyone off the street can be hired without a degree. It is safe to assume your hospital has a bad reputation. I am concerned that your skills are being utilized in an environment that deals with patients with possible life threatening conditions.

Emily, ventura ca said: Hi Jill:
In responce,I have worked in a hospital as a teck.I have worked as a on the job training for a family Group practice. New jobs want a person that has had experance for at least one year! and some. I am working as e teck in a privet Hospital now.

wendy In Surry Nh in Keene, New Hampshire

90 months ago

I finished school 6 months aga and I can't get a job either. They want a years experience or they've decided in this area they would rather hire LNA's instead and I let my LNA go to be a medical assistant, that was a waste of my money and time..

Debbie in Janesville, Illinois

90 months ago

Wendy,
What is an LNA ? I graduated in May 2006. I have done almost 150 applications and Resume's and still no job.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.