What is the difference between a Diploma program and a Certificate program for MA's?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Tina in Beachwood, Ohio

99 months ago

My son is interested in attending Sanford Brown's MA Certificate program and I am trying to do some research before he pays $13K for something that will not benefit him in the future.

He is 20 and has no clue as to what he wants to do with his life and is not a "school" person. So an a 11 month program would be perfect for him to get some schooling without going forever and still have career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Des Moines, Iowa

97 months ago

Just make sure the school is accredited. If not, he wont be able to take the certification test and he will not be able to become a "CMA", just an "MA"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joy in Powder Springs, Georgia

96 months ago

my advice is go to community college and pursue a degree in medical assisting. It is cheaper and chances pf obtaining employment are better

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Roselande Kola in Stamford, Connecticut

93 months ago

Ibelive that certificate program,it's away to go more faster then a diploma progam they almost the same only you take more time on diploma program is that true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Jacksonville, Florida

83 months ago

It is pretty easy to figure out if a school is worthwhile or not. First off if they are able to recieve Title IV funds for students loans from the feds; they are accredited. Second, ask any school for job placement rates and graduation rate. By law they have to keep those verified stats and provide it to you on request. If they won't, they are either lying, ashamed or don't care.

In my opinion, community colleges are great for kids trying to figure out what they want to do and schools like Sanford Brown are for people who know what they want to do.

I think the Sanford Brown schools are very good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

fiftyone in Kansas City, Missouri

76 months ago

i was wondering if a cma cost 17000 is that to much

fiftyone in Kansas City, Missouri

76 months ago

has anyone heard how good Pinnacle career institute is

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.